Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vaximillian said:

But Priscilla started with a lead, didn’t she?

I don't know, i was in Team Lachesis the whole time. My friend was in Team Priscilla and the first screenshot he sent of the second round of the Gauntlet was this

image.png?width=234&height=416

That was at 9:23 AM, yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Think I can ask you about your Arena Defense Team?

Well, I'm in Tier 14 now so I'm lower than Tier 18. Also, I'm not a whale or anything. But...

...my arena team is my main team which consists of Vantage Lucina (+ATK, -DEF),  Death Blow Reinhardt (+SPD, -HP), Wings of Mercy Hector (+RES, -HP), and Vantage Takumi (+SPD, -RES.) They are fully SI'ed, although I'm currently building other teams that I could use for some variety. The most recent being Ryoma, Julia, Jeorge, and Ninian.

My main team has not only done well offensively, but defensively too. Especially Hector because I gave him a more defensive build, I think one of the reasons why I've been getting defense wins is because of him. Wings of Mercy Hector is pretty dangerous because it catches players off guard since he will warp to any ally whose health is low and kill off the enemy. Add him Moonbow and Threaten Attack - 3 and he'll destroy the enemy unit. It also gives the enemy unit at a disadvantage because of the negative attack effect, making them harder to kill Hector. Since, well, he has already such high defense. His +RES boon helps against mages like Julia, Nino, and Reinhardt.

Reinhardt and Takumi are my main attackers. Lucina is my supporter, but she can also switch the role of an attacker because of her high attack and speed. Also all three of them have Reposition, which has helped me immensely because of better mobility and has saved me from getting beat.

Although there are times where I don't get defense wins, but since adding Reinhardt and finally upgrading WoM 3 to Hector, I noticed a massive increase in them throughout this week. I think I have like 9 right now? I usually score like 4 per week. I know it probably sounds low, but to me this is impressive, lol.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed we do!

Priscilla beating Lissa and Lachesis almost beating Elise. If the multiplier didn't exist, Lachesis would've gotten absolutely rekt by Elise and Lissa would probably have a much bigger lead over Priscilla.

Lachesis wouldn't have had a chance, to be sure, but other way around with Lissa vs. Priscilla. Priscilla's lead would've been much larger without the multiplier. She consistently scored 10-20 million more votes than Lissa per hour. So far, the multiplier hasn't changed the outcome of any matches, it only threatened to do so in some cases.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Eh, I'll be siding with Priscilla. I don't dislike her, she's not from Fates, and @Astellius complimented one of my favorite characters. Will we win? Probably not, but I guess I'll get more feathers to do...something with.

We'll be happy to have you! And I can compliment Lucina more, if you like. She is, after all, one of my favorite characters in the series! I spent countless orbs trying to summon her from the Tempest banner, all for naught... Ah well, at least I have the Masked Marth version! Lucina is awesome, even if she continues to elude me.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You don't vote for nobles.

Monty Python is relevant for everything. Support Priscilla for your self-perpetuating autocracy!

I'll probably hop on with Elise next round for a few reasons.  She was my true hero in Conquest.  She was the mother I had for Ophelia and made her amazing.  I've actually played her game and I'm still on vacation.  I didn't want to be playing every hour on the hour out on the beach but I have been.  I think I'm finally going to enjoy this trip and not stress over this so much.

Just now, Armagon said:

I don't know, i was in Team Lachesis the whole time. My friend was in Team Priscilla and the first screenshot he sent of the second round of the Gauntlet was this

I don’t know either, I missed the first five or so hours of the second round. When I (re)joined, there were multipliers active. Still, this one was close and exciting for me.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Lachesis wouldn't have had a chance, to be sure, but other way around with Lissa vs. Priscilla. Priscilla's lead would've been much larger without the multiplier. She consistently scored 10-20 million more votes than Lissa per hour. So far, the multiplier hasn't changed the outcome of any matches, it only threatened to do so in some cases.

We'll be happy to have you! And I can compliment Lucina more, if you like. She is, after all, one of my favorite characters in the series! I spent countless orbs trying to summon her from the Tempest banner, all for naught... Ah well, at least I have the Masked Marth version! Lucina is awesome, even if she continues to elude me.

Monty Python is relevant for everything. Support Priscilla for your self-perpetuating autocracy!

Let's not overdo it. But I know how you feel. She is the one and only character I spent money for.

Just now, Astellius said:

Priscilla's lead would've been much larger without the multiplier. She consistently scored 10-20 million more votes than Lissa per hour.

Really? Well, i'm very surprised. Priscilla's popularity has caught me off guard. She's more popular than i thought.

3 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

Well, I'm in Tier 14 now so I'm lower than Tier 18. Also, I'm not a whale or anything. But...

...my arena team is my main team which consists of Vantage Lucina (+ATK, -DEF),  Death Blow Reinhardt (+SPD, -HP), Wings of Mercy Hector (+RES, -HP), and Vantage Takumi (+SPD, -RES.) They are fully SI'ed, although I'm currently building other teams that I could use for some variety. The most recent being Ryoma, Julia, Jeorge, and Ninian.

My main team has not only done well offensively, but defensively too. Especially Hector because I gave him a more defensive build, I think one of the reasons why I've been getting defense wins is because of him. Wings of Mercy Hector is pretty dangerous because it catches players off guard since he will warp to any ally whose health is low and kill off the enemy. Add him Moonbow and Threaten Attack - 3 and he'll destroy the enemy unit. It also gives the enemy unit at a disadvantage because of the negative attack effect, making them harder to kill Hector. Since, well, he has already such high defense. His +RES boon helps against mages like Julia, Nino, and Reinhardt.

Reinhardt and Takumi are my main attackers. Lucina is my supporter, but she can also switch the role of an attacker because of her high attack and speed. Also all three of them have Reposition, which has helped me immensely because of better mobility and has saved me from getting beat.

Although there are times where I don't get defense wins, but since adding Reinhardt and finally upgrading WoM 3 to Hector, I noticed a massive increase in them throughout this week. I think I have like 9 right now? I usually score like 4 per week. I know it probably sounds low, but to me this is impressive, lol.

Nah Dude, that sounds pretty good to me too. I wish I had Hector. I've always been hoping for him. He was one of my favorite characters from FE7. I'll definitely consider giving Vantage to the new Team I Make then. 

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

The amount of fucks you don't give is impressive

Why thank you!

FRICKING TEAM LISSA

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What else to expect of a traitorous mechanism.

You know me so well ;p

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'll probably hop on with Elise next round for a few reasons.  She was my true hero in Conquest.  She was the mother I had for Ophelia and made her amazing.  I've actually played her game and I'm still on vacation.  I didn't want to be playing every hour on the hour out on the beach but I have been.  I think I'm finally going to enjoy this trip and not stress over this so much.

We members of Team Elise welcome you with open arms!

Well old and new members of Team Priscilla, I hope we all have another lovely match tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Really? Well, i'm very surprised. Priscilla's popularity has caught me off guard. She's more popular than i thought.

Well she's from FE7 which is popular in the West and if you skip Lyn's Mode/don't use Serra in Lyn's Mode she's significantly more useful because of her horse... also a significant number of new fans/bandwagoners might've opted for Elise instead of Lissa.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t know either, I missed the first five or so hours of the second round. When I (re)joined, there were multipliers active. Still, this one was close and exciting for me.

Definitely a close and exciting one for me too. 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

The round ends in 9 minutes, my cooldown on battling ends in 8 minutes. Well played, game.

LTC that shit like your life depends on it.

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Well she's from FE7 which is popular in the West and if you skip Lyn's Mode/don't use Serra in Lyn's Mode she's significantly more useful because of her horse

Yeah, i've played Blazing Blade, and Priscilla is one of my favorite characters in the game. But like, she was up against Lissa. The fact that Priscilla would've won without the multiplier really surprised because Awakening is arguably a bit more popular than Blazing Blade, plus Lissa being a main character.

But hey, i like Priscilla more than Lissa, so i'll gladly take this chance.

I'm still slightly salty that Lachesis lost. She's one of my favorite characters, and one of like, 4 Jugdral characters that i actually like.

3 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Definitely a close and exciting one for me too. 

Sharena vs. Lucina in the very first round of the very first gauntlet was exciting for me, even though it wasn’t any close :D
Sharena put up a good fight, like she was supposed to.

There—to be honest—isn’t any character among these four eights that I actually dislike. All are cool.

Just now, Arcanite said:

WE MUST SEE IF WE SUCCESSFULLY BURNED TEAM PRISCILLA INTO ASH AND DUST!

130 million, tin can. Join the superior troubadour.

Edited by Vaximillian

Debating whether to go to Elise for effort-free 500 feathers or Priscilla in hopes that I'm actually around for a bonus.

Ah fuck it, Elise.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i've played Blazing Blade, and Priscilla is one of my favorite characters in the game. But like, she was up against Lissa. The fact that Priscilla would've won without the multiplier really surprised because Awakening is arguably a bit more popular than Blazing Blade, plus Lissa being a main character.

"...Arguably a bit more popular..." I think you are underplaying it a bit.

3 minutes ago, Solunar said:

Nah Dude, that sounds pretty good to me too. I wish I had Hector. I've always been hoping for him. He was one of my favorite characters from FE7. I'll definitely consider giving Vantage to the new Team I Make then. 

Hector's awesome. Interestingly enough, I never even asked for him at the time when I got him. I was rolling for Lucina, and he popped in to say Hello. I got Lucina much later. Since then, I've kept him and I don't think I'll ever get rid of the guy. He's saved my ass so many times. xD

I wouldn't just give Vantage to anyone though, it helps for certain units but not all. Some do better with desperation builds, fury, etc. It really depends on the unit.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

130 million, tin can. Join the superior troubadour.

I'll take my shiny metal behind over to team Elise, thank you very much!

Assuming Lissa loses which is INCREDIBLY unlikely!