Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You're right! Lissa is no Chrom! She's not a dumpy older brother! WHAT A LOSER!

LISSA IS AWESOME 

SHE'S BETTER THAN CHROM

EVERYONE LOVES HER

LET'S COME TOGETHER AND MAKE PRISCILLA CHOKE ON OUR FLAGS!

The correct term is "big jerky brother(s)." 

Are you even a real Lissa fan?

Edited by Arthur97

7 minutes ago, Astellius said:

The gap would have to be about 800 million votes. There's no chance of there being a multiplier, and Priscilla scores more per hour than Lissa, so we're going to the next round.

This is getting pretty tense. I know there's not really a chance of it happening, but it'd be really cool to have a character from one of the older games take the gauntlet for once. (I know Ike would probably win, but that'd be another one of those boring, super obvious wins.) We can sometimes get one to the final round (Ephraim and Minerva, your memories shall always be honored).... This is just wishful thinking though. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This is getting pretty tense. I know there's not really a chance of it happening, but it'd be really cool to have a character from one of the older games take the gauntlet for once. (I know Ike would probably win, but that'd be another one of those boring, super obvious wins.) We can sometimes get one to the final round (Ephraim and Minerva, your memories shall always be honored).... This is just wishful thinking though. 

But do you want the first one to win because of a flawed multiplier, or on their own merit?

23 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I'm kinda curious what makes Mist remarkably unpopular though.

the games she was in were the worst selling ones in the series, so that's probably the primary reason

she's also a 5 star only unit who was added a pretty good amount of time after launch, so she's probably the one the least people have out of these

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

But do you want the first one to win because of a flawed multiplier, or on their own merit?

Honestly? I don't care. No matter what they do, there's going to be something wrong in a popularity contest because people have different definitions of "popular." Appearance, versatility, story importance, shippability, nostalgia, OPness, cuteness...etc. And then there's also the reward system. People could easily just join the team of who they think will win to get more rewards. (I know that's what I did in the old system. I don't have anything against Lucina from the first gauntlet. I definitely liked Leo and Ephraim more, but I knew she'd curbstomp the rest. So more feathers.) 

It's pretty far-fetched to say that any of these characters win by their own merit. IS would need to come up with some sort of system where every player gets an equal amount of votes (because you know not everyone will be able to get all of the flags) and an equal opportunity to vote (because you also know not everyone can win every single battle nor have the time to participate in bi-hourly battles) with absolutely no rewards (so no one's tempted to jump ship for the promise feathers/orbs) and very specific voting criteria beyond "popular" (like vote for the cutest or the strongest or the best unit, etc.).

So at this point, I'm fine with an older character taking a spot on top. Is it fair? Nope. Neither is the old system. But it's also just a game. The world won't end either way. At most, a few egos will be hurt, but those repair pretty easily.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

assuming they're keeping the multiplier thing, no one will be winning "on their own merit" again any time soon

although even then, i don't think it'd make a difference, the winners so far have all been obvious from the start

Honestly? I don't care. No matter what they do, there's going to be something wrong in a popularity contest because people have different definitions of "popular." Appearance, versatility, story importance, shippability, nostalgia, OPness, cuteness...etc. And then there's also the reward system. People could easily just join the team of who they think will win to get more rewards. (I know that's what I did in the old system. I don't have anything against Lucina from the first gauntlet. I definitely liked Leo and Ephraim more, but I knew she'd curbstomp the rest. So more feathers.) 

It's pretty far-fetched to say that any of these characters win by their own merit. IS would need to come up with some sort of system where every player gets an equal amount of votes (because you know not everyone will be able to get all of the flags) and an equal opportunity to vote (because you also know not everyone can win every single battle nor have the time to participate in bi-hourly battles) with absolutely no rewards (so no one's tempted to jump ship for the promise feathers/orbs) and very specific voting criteria beyond "popular" (like vote for the cutest or the strongest or the best unit, etc.).

So at this point, I'm fine with an older character taking a spot on top. Is it fair? Nope. Neither is the old system. But it's also just a game. The world won't end either way. At most, a few egos will be hurt, but those repair pretty easily.

Well Said. That's a pretty sound answer. I agree 100%. And Not just because I'm on team Priscilla.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Honestly, even the "own merit" thing is questionable.

Sure, characters like Lucina, Camilla, and Tharja and such are popular already, but many just bandwagoned on them just because they knew they would win even if they didn't like the character.

So really, it goes both ways. This ain't a fair contest no matter which way you slice it.

Just now, Solunar said:

Well Said. That's a pretty sound answer. I agree 100%. And Not just because I'm on team Priscilla.

Thanks. XD It's really easy to get caught up in the excitement of the gauntlet. The rewards are always sweet, and sometimes you get fewer rewards than other people, but it's not that big of a deal. If Priscilla loses, oh well. We fought a good fight. I still get feathers and orbs. If Priscilla wins, that'll be super cool! But I highly doubt people will be remembering it for centuries to come. (But I bet it will be an exciting fight at least.) At the end of the day, we'll all go back to grinding characters to get ready for the next potential Tempest. 

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

0mKXcg1.gif

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well said indeed.

ok team elise, not playing is clearing not working, we need a new plan

time for everyone to make alt account for Lachesis and win as many games as possible, it's our only hope

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'd really like for it to happen too. Well, it might happen in this one with the multiplier feature. Who knows? Unlikely, but still possible.

Hector, Roy, Marth, Ike, and Lyn would all be contenders to take whatever gauntlet they're in. They'd likely steamroll the competition, unless IS suddenly decides to put more than one super popular character in the gauntlet.

Just now, Astellius said:

I'd really like for it to happen too. Well, it might happen in this one with the multiplier feature. Who knows? Unlikely, but still possible.

Hector, Roy, Marth, Ike, and Lyn would all be contenders to take whatever gauntlet they're in. They'd likely steamroll the competition, unless IS suddenly decides to put more than one super popular character in the gauntlet.

The day that happens, is the day the FE fandom implodes.

Team Lachesis needs to increase their deficit by around 270 million to turn this ship around. Which basically is only possible if Team Elise screws up big time because Team Elise has been scoring only 160 million per hour for the past few hours.

As long as Team Elise does not play more than the past hour in the next hour, we have this in the bag. Seriously.

So please continue not playing.

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

time for everyone to make alt account for Lachesis and win as many games as possible, it's our only hope

I like the way you think.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thanks. XD It's really easy to get caught up in the excitement of the gauntlet. The rewards are always sweet, and sometimes you get fewer rewards than other people, but it's not that big of a deal. If Priscilla loses, oh well. We fought a good fight. I still get feathers and orbs. If Priscilla wins, that'll be super cool! But I highly doubt people will be remembering it for centuries to come. (But I bet it will be an exciting fight at least.) At the end of the day, we'll all go back to grinding characters to get ready for the next potential Tempest. 

Yeah, the reward system always tempts me to choose a character I know has a better chance of winning. However, your cry has touched me. I'll be voting for the character I like the most from now on. Unless the rewards get super big... like the rewards you can't ignore type big... 

1 minute ago, Solunar said:

Yeah, the reward system always tempts me to choose a character I know has a better chance of winning. However, your cry has touched me. I'll be voting for the character I like the most from now on. Unless the rewards get super big... like the rewards you can't ignore type big... 

To be fully honest, I've never viewed the victory reward as being good enough to bandwagon for in the first place. I mean, it's a rather pitiful amount of feathers. Only 1500, which isn't even enough to upgrade a 3* character.

If it was bigger than that, it'd be more tempting to bandwagon...though in the end I still prefer going with my favorite.

Just now, Solunar said:

XD Tbh, I totally jumped on the bandwagon for the first two gauntlets and picked Lucina and Camilla. Though to be fair, Lucina was the best choice for me, because she was the only character I actually had (well other than Sharena and Alfonse...but I didn't have any strong desire to train them up). From the second gauntlet, Camilla was in a similar situation. I liked Minerva a lot, but I couldn't pull her. (She's still one of two greens I haven't pulled. ;A; ) But for the last two gauntlets, I've been more chill with Team Merric and Team Priscilla. 

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

To be fully honest, I've never viewed the victory reward as being good enough to bandwagon for in the first place. I mean, it's a rather pitiful amount of feathers. Only 1500, which isn't even enough to upgrade a 3* character.

If it was bigger than that, it'd be more tempting to bandwagon...though in the end I still prefer going with my favorite.

I pretty much always go with my preferred character since feathers don't mean too much for me.