Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

imagine how good Geronimo would be if his skills were all party buffs.

man Helena's 1st skill looks so stupidly useful.

getting archer monuments and stuff for Billy when America comes.

did the diarmud/nursery rhyme interludes and got myself 4 sq and an apple from raised bond levels.

Spoiler

@N30 There's a theory about the lostbelt Rider being Ogier the Dane. How likely is this? 

Edited by Czarpy

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Is this really the best way to say it when the reason Golden Rule is good is the base 1.8 instead of the hitcount? I mean objectively speaking Gilgamesh have worse NP gain than Post buff Iskandar who have 3/2/1

Also i think his charm is fine(in a boss fight Charm's effect is almost as good as Tamamo's NP), its just that.... the way its used is awkward due to the numbers

I'm not sure what you are exactly talking about.

Considering his charm doesn't even have a reliable hitrate in a game where status effect only work against you I don't consider his skill (or any Charm-based skill) any good. Doesn't help that a lot of Servants have Magic Resistance to further lower the chance to make it stick.

14 hours ago, Czarpy said:

imagine how good Geronimo would be if his skills were all party buffs.

Sad part is that Helena's 1st skill is his entire kit in a nutshell (just with a lower multiplier).
Targetable would have been enough to make him stand out a bit.

Also needs a better NP because what are these effects?

Edited by Zeratul

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

I'm not sure what you are exactly talking about.

Considering his charm doesn't even have a reliable hitrate in a game where status effect only work against you I don't consider his skill (or any Charm-based skill) any good. Doesn't help that a lot of Servants have Magic Resistance to further lower the chance to make it stick.

Sad part is that Helena's 1st skill is his entire kit in a nutshell (just with a lower multiplier).

Ko Gil have 3/3/3 hit with base 1.8 gain. So describing his NP gain through hitcount isnt exactly the best way to do it imo what with it being slightly better than Artoria and strictly worse than Iskandar/Lance and say Waver who have 3:2 or 2:1 on their Quick : Arts

As for his Charm i actually forgot Gate of Babylon only lasts a turn which is such a dumb oversight >_> i was thinking at max he could drop 95% charm 

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Helena's third skill is the card buffs.  First skill is the NP charge.

I'm bored so lets make some sort of "skills on a vacuum" tier list

Spoiler

S+++++ Tier:

Pride of the Rearguard 

S+ Tier:

Rapid Divine Words

Fifth Form

Bladeless State 

Shield of Rousing Resolution 

Mana Inversion

Hawkeye 

Protection from Arrows 

Princess of Loveliness

Protection Against The Wind

Hero Creation

Thrice Setting Sun

Warrior's Blessing

S Tier:

Knight of Owner

Clairvoyance Beauty

Legend of Dracula

Sovereign of Magic Wands

Fox Wedding
Dreamlike Charisma

Stheno Charisma

Medb Charisma

Liz Charisma

All of Waver's skills

Harp of Healing

Illusion

Demonic Magic

Imaginary Around

A+ Tier:

Dragon Slayer

Madness of the Spirits

Exalted Impervious Wall of Chalk

Protection from Ra(S with some skills)
Glory of the Past

Blessing from the end of the World

Aversion of Labrys

Self Modification

Ashes of Kama

Protection of Faith

Mystic Eye of Death Perception

Obscurant Wall of Chalk

Mind's Eye

Guardian Knight

Thousand Mile Dash

God's Resolution(False)

A Tier:

Incitement

Mana Burst - Jewell

Most mana Burst really

Charisma

Vampirism

Pioneer of the Stars

Kiss Demon

Pursuit of the Unknown

Magical Tuning

Eternal Arms Mastery

Stars from the Sky

Strategy

B:

Evaporation of Sanity

Imperial Priviledge(borderline S when used with Protection from Ra)

Hero of the Endowed
Golden Rule/Galvanism

God's Resolution

Instinct

Innocent Monster

Revelation

C:

True Name Discernment

Disengage
Clairvoyance

Journey of the Flower

Most Stun

Most Charm

Battle Continuation(A when solo)

D:

Gilles Caster skillset

Artistic Aesthetic

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I'm bored so lets make some sort of "skills on a vacuum" tier list

Hide contents

S+++++ Tier:

Pride of the Rearguard 

S+ Tier:

Rapid Divine Words

Fifth Form

Bladeless State 

Shield of Rousing Resolution 

Mana Inversion

Hawkeye 

Protection from Arrows 

Princess of Loveliness

Protection Against The Wind

Hero Creation

Thrice Setting Sun

Warrior's Blessing

S Tier:

Knight of Owner

Clairvoyance Beauty

Legend of Dracula

Sovereign of Magic Wands

Fox Wedding
Dreamlike Charisma

Stheno Charisma

Medb Charisma

Liz Charisma

All of Waver's skills

Harp of Healing

Illusion

Demonic Magic

Imaginary Around

A+ Tier:

Dragon Slayer

Madness of the Spirits

Exalted Impervious Wall of Chalk

Protection from Ra(S with some skills)
Glory of the Past

Blessing from the end of the World

Aversion of Labrys

Self Modification

Ashes of Kama

Protection of Faith

Mystic Eye of Death Perception

Obscurant Wall of Chalk

Mind's Eye

Guardian Knight

Thousand Mile Dash

God's Resolution(False)

A Tier:

Incitement

Mana Burst - Jewell

Most mana Burst really

Charisma

Vampirism

Pioneer of the Stars

Kiss Demon

Pursuit of the Unknown

Magical Tuning

Eternal Arms Mastery

Stars from the Sky

Strategy

B:

Evaporation of Sanity

Imperial Priviledge(borderline S when used with Protection from Ra)

Hero of the Endowed
Golden Rule/Galvanism

God's Resolution

Instinct

Innocent Monster

Revelation

C:

True Name Discernment

Disengage
Clairvoyance

Journey of the Flower

Most Stun

Most Charm

Battle Continuation(A when solo)

D:

Gilles Caster skillset

Artistic Aesthetic

Fox's Wedding should go up a tier.

The heal+art card boost is just too good.

hng I want to get a good AoE Lancer sometime. Should I aim for Lartoria or Karna? (Hector isn't really cutting it outside of farming.)

man Leonidas makes farming the archer daily kinda easily.

party buster boost on Lalter/karna support+Bryn makes for ded Gilgamesh.

Edited by Czarpy

@Czarpy

Spoiler

As likely as some people saying he's Palmides or w/e. 
Read: We don't know, and his design doesn't help on that regard. Wait and hope

1 hour ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy

Hide contents

As likely as some people saying he's Palmides or w/e. 
Read: We don't know, and his design doesn't help on that regard. Wait and hope

Spoiler

I love how the FGO groups on FB are going totally apeshit.

it's amusing as fuck

man I can't wait to get my Billy

It's gonna be so fun waltzing around with 160% crit damage boosted.

21 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ko Gil have 3/3/3 hit with base 1.8 gain. So describing his NP gain through hitcount isnt exactly the best way to do it imo what with it being slightly better than Artoria and strictly worse than Iskandar/Lance and say Waver who have 3:2 or 2:1 on their Quick : Arts

Keep in mind though that high hit count are more valuable in regards of card buffs. Not to mention Iskandar is only better with his single Quick card while they clock around even with Arts. Buster doesn't matter though 3 hits are better for stargen than 1.
Plus once Golden Rule is in effect he has better NP gain than either of these.

20 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Helena's third skill is the card buffs.  First skill is the NP charge.

Oh, yeah. My bad.

Edited by Zeratul

5 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Keep in mind though that high hit count are more valuable in regards of card buffs.

uhh explain?

Wasn't Hitcount + buff interaction mainly comes into play with Star Drop Rate buff?

That said yeah Golden Rule makes the difference real

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wasn't Hitcount + buff interaction mainly comes into play with Star Drop Rate buff?

Pretty sure that NP gain is also affected.
Otherwise Servants like Okita or Jack wouldn't enjoy such high overall NP gain from AQQ and Scathach's preferred NP chain is ABB thanks to her loop-sided hit counts.

4 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Pretty sure that NP gain is also affected.
Otherwise Servants like Okita or Jack wouldn't enjoy such high overall NP gain from AQQ and Scathach's preferred NP chain is ABB thanks to her loop-sided hit counts.

Okita and Jack does have 1.0 base gain for 5.0s on their Quicks though. THeir NP gain comes from having that base and the hitcount

Sca is a special case though

Their NP gain isn't even that much better than Carmilla who is 3 hits lower.

ugh I guess I'll farm some pages/horseshoes for George to get him to FA.  I have about enough seeds to get saber lily to FA once I get the Da Vinci event exp cards. Unless I magically roll myself a Nightengale, I'm only gonna farm enough seeds for Benkei.

Man I just wanna get a bunch of copies of Billy so I can get him to have some fun shenanigans.

Rule 63 Kojirou and co.

Spoiler

29186142_1672648652821367_8714107976337588224_n.jpg.35408d12658759d0c88f32b9c0225c5c.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/13/tokyo-bay-summons-hokusai-and-daughter-for-fatego-art-event

i want a hokusai poster like that.

Edited by Czarpy

I just started playing this again after dropping it because it felt a bit overwhelming the first time. This time I'm holding my own a lot better although I'm still a total newb who's starting Nero wank fest Septem.

I hope I can last for a while with a NP2 Medea, Elizabeth, NP3 Regend and support Waver/Shiki/Dantes because that's all I got until I try my luck with Jalter. Maybe the friend gacha will be kind and grant me a Medusa to cover my lack of Riders.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I just started playing this again after dropping it because it felt a bit overwhelming the first time. This time I'm holding my own a lot better although I'm still a total newb who's starting Nero wank fest Septem.

I hope I can last for a while with a NP2 Medea, Elizabeth, NP3 Regend and support Waver/Shiki/Dantes because that's all I got until I try my luck with Jalter. Maybe the friend gacha will be kind and grant me a Medusa to cover my lack of Riders.

literally any rider, bar Boudicca, will fit your bill.

Elizabeth+female unit team sounds fun. I hear she gets a female only buff to her charisma skill later on. (Don't be afraid to roll the America banner. Jalter isn't the end of the world.)

The US Chaldea Broadcasting Station is streaming tonight at 6pm PDT, which is 3 hours before maintenance (and roughly 2 hours from the time of this post).  If the FB post for it gets up to 3k shares before the broadcast, we get an additional 10 SQ for the release (this is in addition to the previous campaign bonus for the chapter release, which met all it's goals, IIRC). 

Hopefully the "surprise" for the broadcast is more animation updates (Robin, Liz and Bride Nero are possibilities since they appear in America, but any updates are always welcome).

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

The US Chaldea Broadcasting Station is streaming tonight at 6pm PDT, which is 3 hours before maintenance (and roughly 2 hours from the time of this post).  If the FB post for it gets up to 3k shares before the broadcast, we get an additional 10 SQ for the release (this is in addition to the previous campaign bonus for the chapter release, which met all it's goals, IIRC). 

Hopefully the "surprise" for the broadcast is more animation updates (Robin, Liz and Bride Nero are possibilities since they appear in America, but any updates are always welcome).

isn't there like a bunch of SQ per certain milestones past 3k shares?

man i read the summary for america and it's crazy

Spoiler

i find it funny that each faction has one Indian hero, like they're some kinda WMD alongside the other nukes of each faction. (Cu Alter, Tesla, Scatach)

seems Fionn and Beowulf really get shafted here tho.

4 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

isn't there like a bunch of SQ per certain milestones past 3k shares?

The milestones are for 1k (3SQ), 2k(+3SQ) and 3k(+4SQ) shares.  So 10SQ if we hit 3k.

Edit:  You're probably think of the chapter campaign, which had goals from 5k shares to 10k, or 15k likes to 25k.  Those were already met, so we're getting 10SQ from that already.  The broadcast goals are new today.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

22 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

The milestones are for 1k (3SQ), 2k(+3SQ) and 3k(+4SQ) shares.

oh cool

I've got a little stash of google play cash rn. I really want to get Helena, so I'll use it for one or two rolls. (Hey I'm pretty much guaranteed Billy at least so there's that.)

man I remember what someone here said about casters being fucking broken in terms of support capacity.  I look at Geronimo and I wonder if his skillset would have been better suited if he was an archer/rider/lancer/assassin/berserker.

imagine if they have the same kinda server issues that they did in december and we all get showered in SQ.

28700704_1847776278567785_4731131767669678558_o.thumb.jpg.805fc4b94ac71df0ae707a5d8fc4d0b9.jpg

HAHAHHAHAA

SABER LILY GOT BUFFED.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

i mean yeah sure she needed one, but how do they keep passing over the OG saber

sauce in pic

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

literally any rider, bar Boudicca, will fit your bill.

Elizabeth+female unit team sounds fun. I hear she gets a female only buff to her charisma skill later on. (Don't be afraid to roll the America banner. Jalter isn't the end of the world.)

Nice! I'm glad I decided to stick with Liz even if every guide says to reroll for Heracles but I like my tone deaf idol better.

Who's on America again? I know that Nightingale and Helena are there but I can't remember the others. Then again I have only like 70 quartz and I'd prefer to get at least 150+ before trying to roll for anything.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Nice! I'm glad I decided to stick with Liz even if every guide says to reroll for Heracles but I like my tone deaf idol better.

Who's on America again? I know that Nightingale and Helena are there but I can't remember the others. Then again I have only like 70 quartz and I'd prefer to get at least 150+ before trying to roll for anything.

TBH, you can clear most content with almost whoever you want.  It's far better to roll for servants you like and work around that than to try for "meta" (obvious exception being if you're someone who only enjoys playing meta, but that sort of person is probably doomed to either whale-dom or E-rank luck due to power creep).  I personally kept an account with Marie and Liz as my main account, despite having rolled a few 5 stars during my rerolling.

The initial E Pluribus Unum banner has rate ups for Nightingale (5*), Helena (4*), Rama(4*), Billy(3*), and Geronimo(3*), with Billy and Geronimo being added to the FP gacha at the same time.  It also has 3 CEs on rate up, but none of them are particularly noteworthy.  If we follow JP, we'll get the rate ups on the story locked servants on two separate banners a little later:

Spoiler

One banner with just Medb (5*), and one with both Thomas Edison (4*) and Cu Alter (5*).  No CE rate ups on these banners IIRC.

Edit:  There's a possibility of Jalter coming before the story lock banners, as I think it did in JP, but NA might change the banner order.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

20 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

TBH, you can clear most content with almost whoever you want.  It's far better to roll for servants you like and work around that than to try for "meta" (obvious exception being if you're someone who only enjoys playing meta, but that sort of person is probably doomed to either whale-dom or E-rank luck due to power creep).  I personally kept an account with Marie and Liz as my main account, despite having rolled a few 5 stars during my rerolling.

The initial E Pluribus Unum banner has rate ups for Nightingale (5*), Helena (4*), Rama(4*), Billy(3*), and Geronimo(3*), with Billy and Geronimo being added to the FP gacha at the same time.  It also has 3 CEs on rate up, but none of them are particularly noteworthy.  If we follow JP, we'll get the rate ups on the story locked servants on two separate banners a little later:

Hide contents

One banner with just Medb (5*), and one with both Thomas Edison (4*) and Cu Alter (5*).  No CE rate ups on these banners IIRC.

Edit:  There's a possibility of Jalter coming before the story lock banners, as I think it did in JP, but NA might change the banner order.

Spoiler

we know who's gonna be so salty after saving SQ since launch FOR JALTER

lol the official FGO stream is crazy rn

the guest got 3 SRs from the starter roll.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

just roll for your faves https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12am98q-n71B5hV6kbOhqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit#gid=1747575292

If you want rama/nightengale/helena/geronimo/billy, then this is the roll for you

iirc, the only crappy servant on rate-up geronimo, but he's cheap enough to raise anyways lol.

besides, if you pull nightengale, she works with liz