Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Actually, Okita was considered one of the best Sabers up until the Buster meta started (so after Merlin came out).  But yeah, she and Scathach have both fallen out of favor somewhat once Buster-focused Servants became more favored.  Okita is now put behind Altera and Musashi for Saber and Scathach is behind Summer Tamamo for Lancer.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Geek said:

Actually, Okita was considered one of the best Sabers up until the Buster meta started (so after Merlin came out).  But yeah, she and Scathach have both fallen out of favor somewhat once Buster-focused Servants became more favored.  Okita is now put behind Altera and Musashi for Saber and Scathach is behind Summer Tamamo for Lancer.

Okita and Scathach fell off way before Merlin came out. The timeline goes;

-Scathach introduction (2030 Fragments made the star-genning of quick cards basically irrelevant), but quick servants still have a niche in that they use stars better than all other cards due to how their skill-sets

-Then JAlter came out, who ran the Mana Burst + Absorption + Crit Damage + Evasion increase set, which made the top-tier quick servants irrelevant by taking their niche and applying it to a much better card-type

-Then you get tonnes of other servants coming in based around crit damage without being crit based as well as other alternate means of genning stars (most notably Saber Lancelot)

-Then dick wizard came in and struck the final nail in the coffin, by adding an absurd amount of buster support and doing everything an entire quick team can do and doing it better. Crit damage? Targeted 100% crit damage increase, and a targeted Mana Burst, and a 3000 HP heal. Star genning? Double-Merlin with 2030 Fragments can easily gen 35-50 stars per turn once the NPs start going off, not to mention that the NPs also heal and gen NP.

-Then of course, there's the complete dearth of dedicated quick support, where your stuck either using Scathach as a pseudo-support when she really wants to be the attacker, or mediocre 4* units like Wu Zetian or Atalanta, the latter of which is especially bad because Crossing Arcadia is tragically the only reason she isn't completely useless meta-wise.

-Even the introduction of a quick support in the newest JP event doesn't really fix anything, she just makes it so that you can run a quick team without being completely dead in the water, because quick cards are just inherently weak now. You deal 80% of the damage in exchange for being able to gen stars, but quick cards are arguably the least efficient way of genning stars and the fact that star gen is the least return for effort compared to other cards.

Edited by Archer of Red

9 hours ago, The Geek said:

Also @Sire why are you saying no to a free NP5 4 star Servant?  You've at least been getting her ascension materials, right?

6 hours ago, Talandar said:

Maybe one piece of advice for the future: 90% of the time buying EXP cards with Event items or Mana Prisms is a scam. The amount of resources and AP you have to invest can be better used to do the 30/40 AP quest which give you far more EXP for your AP.

While mechanically I am sure Halloween Elisabeth is all right, the impression I get from this game is that investing into characters takes a lot of time. I rather invest in characters I personally enjoy. So, I haven't been bothering getting her ascension materials. (I need the Bats for Halloween Princess anyway. Once I obtain the last HP, maybe I'll think about getting her unique material. I still need like 90 more to get the last copy from the shop.)

Shop-wise, I probably should be buying up all the materials for skill-ups and ascension, but I still consider myself to be in early-game. I have been converting most of my Pumpkins (which I have been getting a lot of) and Candles into Cakes to buy up all the EXP cards. I can use the level-ups now and worry about ascending and maxing out skills later. Of course, now that I cleared out the EXP cards, my attention is now on the materials my guys need. I just need to figure out if my party is strong enough for the Level 50/60 quests...

As for getting EXP cards with the Mana Prisms, I already knew that exchange rate is pretty bad. However, once I capped out on the Summoning Tickets, I need something else to buy (I guess getting the "stat boosters" are preferable). Note: I haven't bought anything yet aside from clearing out the Tickets.

Edited by Sire

41 minutes ago, Sire said:

I can use the level-ups now and worry about ascending and maxing out skills later.

I can already tell that you will have many regrets.
In your case get the Homunculus baby and Dragon Fangs. The former cannot be farmed by regular quests so there is a limited quantity until we get the next main story chapter. Dragon Fangs are very commonly used and shared by most Servants. Wyverns are a pain to farm as well.
The other ones aren't that important. Lanterns might be useful, while Bones aren't that hard to farm. You need plenty of both but it isn't important to get them now.

41 minutes ago, Sire said:

Note: I haven't bought anything yet aside from clearing out the Tickets.

DO. NOT. USE. MANA. PRISMS.
You only use them for tickets (5x 20 for a month each). Statboosters are a thing that are only used to min-max your Servants so very late-game stuff.
Save them. Later down the line there will be events which require you to buy CEs with Mana Prisms ... they cost 1000 each. Of course the event itself will provide Mana Prisms but you have been warned.

That Gudaguda event? I'm just worried about the materials we can get from it, you can keep Okita and Nobunaga. As for servants I'm looking forward to, it's really just Passion Lip, Nightingale, Suzuka Gozen and the Round Table boys(mostly Gawain). Closest one is Nightingale though, heh.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Archer of Red Full stall team eh?

I ended up using a full saber team with Sumanai as support. I derped and ended up letting her NP twice but I squeezed out a win with him as the last unit left and with less than 2k HP.

And that's why I went full stall :P:

Tamamo died on the 36-ish turn, but then Carmilla came in with her bonus damage against women and Halloween Princess and had her way with her.

I'm gonna need an Artoria/Gilgamesh/Whatever for the final Party Mission though. No fucking way am I going to try and stall my way through that .

Edited by Archer of Red

1 minute ago, Archer of Red said:

I'm gonna need an Artoria/Gilgamesh/Whatever for the final Party Mission though. No fucking way am I going to try and stall my way through that .

Nightlong Visitors? I’m not ready for that. I still need to finish leveling my Caster Liz but I don’t know how a bootleg team of Hood / Liz / Hans is gonna make it to Tamamo without some crits or screwage along the way.

Seems like the best support for that node would be Drake for waveclearing and burst damage, to pair with David and Martha in the rear to have some extra assurance against Tamamo.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Seems like the best support for that node would be Drake for waveclearing and burst damage, to pair with David and Martha in the rear to have some extra assurance against Tamamo.

Nice, but I was Gilgamesh would be a better support node than Drake for this node;

-Like her, he has an AoE NP, so he can clear waves easily

-His NP gets bonus damage against Servants, which are obviously the biggest threat and have ludicrous HP values

-His only weaknesses are the berserker wave, which he can easily wipe with his NP, and a 4k HP pumpkin at the start, so he doesn't struggle on any of the waves unlike Drake, who will have a bad time on the first wave with the 28k and 76k assassins

-The 2nd and 3rd waves are an entire wave of Sabers and two berserkers with an 8k HP archer pumpkin respectively, which means 40% of the fight is an easy 'use NP and move on'

Other than that, I was going to level up Caster Liz to sub-out Carmilla and swap out Mashu with George, both of whom are better suited to this node.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Archer of Red So Liz / Hans / Support Gil in front and David / Hood / Martha in the back?

I don’t have Georgios leveled though

I mean, I was just spit-balling based on what I have access to. I don't think Liz/Hans/Gil has quite the same impact as Jeanne/Gil/Waver :P:

Anyway, the George bit was just based on what I have, but I do think your team can definitely work.

9 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

I mean, I was just spit-balling based on what I have access to. I don't think Liz/Hans/Gil has quite the same impact as Jeanne/Gil/Waver :P:

At least the decks for both leads are the same! The main difference is the skills and Waver definitely offers more muscle on that front.

Hans is going to be key for beating this, I think. Please no crits, please no crits...

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hans is going to be key for beating this, I think. Please no crits, please no crits...

That's how Tamamo died on the Encore for me. Two Torture Techniques followed by a crit buster attack. So, uh...good luck with that.

So long new 50 AP mission.  Scratched my head until I remembered that

Spoiler

Liza counts as a dragon, and I have a leveled-up Siegfried.  Once I swapped the order of my NPs (and d'Eon didn't whiff), it was smooth sailing.

A special thanks to a certain someone's Excalibur Morgan.

57 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

I got through the party quest a lot cleaner than the Encore. I had Liz and Nero left standing.

That's because

Spoiler

Waifu's NP does nothing to your party.  And Waver breaks that effect in half.

Tried the first Surprise Quest with Tamamo. Got my butt handed to me and had to use my Command Seals to clear it (since the dragon dropped a reverse scale).
Luckily I got everything from the shop I need, so losing these Pumpkins is irrelevant. Problem is the last one which gives a Crystallized Lore. With the fact my team would get shredded in the 50 AP quest, that's 2 Lores that I will have to pass. Damn it.

... Also got 2 Maid in Halloween earlier Surprise Quests. While Atalanta still doesn't give the 5th copy of Halloween Princess. Just ... why?

16 minutes ago, Talandar said:

=... Also got 2 Maid in Halloween earlier Surprise Quests. While Atalanta still doesn't give the 5th copy of Halloween Princess. Just ... why?

Well she dropped it for me when I was just clearing the quest without farming, so the obvious answer is she'll only drop it if she's your waifu :P:

Guerilla Tamamo Quest was much easier than the Encore, for me. I went in with Hans / Hood / Waver support and tanked it out until I could get Hood to NP twice for 100k each. No deaths!

I have everything in the shop now save the Lancer monuments. Time to grind 20 AP, then do some Embers to finish leveling Liz in time for the Lv. 90 node.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

That's because

Reveal hidden contents

Waifu's NP does nothing to your party.  And Waver breaks that effect in half.

Actually I was referring to Gilgamesh/Kintoki/Nero party. The Tamamo quest was silly because of the dragon(I made a twitter post sharing my feelings) who ended up dealing a lot of damage which lead to a hurt team going against Tamamo and a pumpkin boy. Tamamo ended up ko'ing my own Tamamo and the support Emiya I brought.

I got my Halloween Princess drop a while back from Vlad. I think I only had to repeat his battle like 3 times, so thanks to Vlad for being such a nice guy!

For the higher level quests, I am starting to get the point where my team is falling off. While I managed to do the Level 50 Berserker quest (The Saber Alter summon helped immensely), I am still unsure if I can pull off the Lvl 60 "My Wife is a Witch!" quest and beyond. Supports can only carry me so far...

Speaking of difficult quests, I am starting to encounter some difficulty in the main story at Okeanos. While I did end up using Friend Summons to defeat Hektor (twice), it just doesn't feel right to me. I guess I just need to level up my main party more since they are around 30~35, save to Tamamo Cat who is 50...

8 hours ago, Archer of Red said:

Well she dropped it for me when I was just clearing the quest without farming, so the obvious answer is she'll only drop it if she's your waifu :P:

If I threw 3 Golden Apples at her she is going to listen?
Technically I already spent 3 Apples on the event (1 specifically for the quest), so ...

I take it that everyone got their copy of Halloween Princess ... I need some French fries for this salt. Let's hope that the last 6 summoning tickets are going to grant me Tamamo as compensation (probably not).

On 29.10.2017 at 10:41 PM, Archer of Red said:

If you threw three Golden Apples at her, I'm pretty sure she'd be a bit pissed tbh >_>

Apparently not.
Finally got the 5th copy. 4 Apples in total pleased Atalanta enough. Probably helped that I switched David for Andersen since Atalanta loves children and David chases her skirt all day.

Done with the event ... finally. Can't do the encore stuff with only Lvl. 50-60 Servants, let alone the last Surprise Quest with all of the Servants.