Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

Haven't gotten any other sabers tho, which is frustrating.

Caesar is the only notable 3* Saber. Gilles is ... bad. Both aren't that much stronger than d'Eon though.
Otherwise most of the Sabers are 4* or higher and it doesn't get better since most new Saber tend to fall in the same category. There will be a good offensive 3* Saber when Scathach arrives but before that you're probably out of luck. 

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

Just drew Tamamo as my first 5* from a ticket.

You ... !
Tamano is one of the best Supports in the game. She shines in Arts team. Since you have Robin Hood you only need to find someone who has an Arts-based deck and you have a really good team. Hans Christian Andersen would fall right in there with his buffs. Or if you ever get Vlad he would be a good one, too since Tamamo makes him borderline broken.

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

what's the next event?

It's called GudaGuda. There is currently a manga running on their website.
It will probably around mid of November, I think? It's a really good event for ascension items and features most of the stuff that isn't available through farming.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Talandar said:

It will probably around mid of November, I think? It's a really good event for ascension items and features most of the stuff that isn't available through farming.

Gahh, the wait for that's going to be unbearable. Foreign God Hearts, Infinity Gears, Chaos Talons.... it has every ascension material I need.

53 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Caesar is the only notable 3* Saber. Gilles is ... bad. Both aren't that much stronger than d'Eon though.
Otherwise most of the Sabers are 4* or higher and it doesn't get better since most new Saber tend to fall in the same category. There will be a good offensive 3* Saber when Scathach arrives but before that you're probably out of luck. 

You ... !
Tamano is one of the best Supports in the game. She shines in Arts team. Since you have Robin Hood you only need to find someone who has an Arts-based deck and you have a really good team. Hans Christian Andersen would fall right in there with his buffs. Or if you ever get Vlad he would be a good one, too since Tamamo makes him borderline broken.

Saber: D'on

Lancer- Cu, Maybe Hektor, Leonidas, or Romulus if I can be halfassed to raise a secondary one. Cu is just sooo gooood. Dunno who'd serve as a secondary lancer tho.

Archer- Robin Hood, David (Also got Arash at np5) 

Caster- Hans, Tamamo. Wound up drawing a lot of casters tho. Is aNP5 Caster!Liz worth it for wave clearing? (NP5 Mozart, Shakespeare, Mephistopheles Medea) Seems that drawing medea as a starter lets you nuke prologue assassins. What fun. 

Assassin- Kojiro, Hassan (Np5 Mata Hari) I do not acknowledge the existence of the Phantom due his utter shittiness.

Rider- Ushi, got Alexander or Medusa laying around if I need a secondary, Which one's better for that? 

Berserker- Tamacat, (Got Darius, Kiyohime, Spartacus, and Asterios, as secondary ones I can raise up. Spartacus is sitting at an NP5) 

Was thinking of raising Kiyohime as a secondary berseker because that NP is whackass powerful. Idk about Darius tho.

At this point if there's a lancer swarm, I'm reliant on a support saber. Wish I could get my hands on Nero or Altria Alter. 

Man I really wonder if we'll ever see more fictional based heroic spirits aside from the Phantom. Maybe the Scarlet Pimpernel or Captain Nemo?

Is it just me or was the Lv. 90 node really easy? I stressed over it for nothing, it seems.

51 minutes ago, Skurge said:

At this point if there's a lancer swarm, I'm reliant on a support saber. Wish I could get my hands on Nero or Altria Alter. 

You can borrow mine~

Congrats on pulling Tamamo. I find Hans as a much better support caster though, considering how easy he is to raise and how much support he offers to a team by being able to fire off his NP repeatedly. Don’t get me wrong, Tamamo is great for Arts teams, but Hans is very splashable and he buffs everything—Atk, Def, HP, and after his strengthening, Stargen.

Edited by MrSmokestack

52 minutes ago, Skurge said:

Man I really wonder if we'll ever see more fictional based heroic spirits aside from the Phantom. Maybe the Scarlet Pimpernel or Captain Nemo?

That'd be nice. There's a ton of western stuff they could do, so I hope they go into it.

A bizarre thing: Think they should try to do Africa at all (other than egypt, obviously)?

No one ever does any thing from the general African continent, I don't even know what their mythology is like.

But yeah, S!Alter is a beast, she out damages regular artoria and altera. With her buster up skill she usually averages 50K damage from her NP at level 70.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Just now, dragonlordsd said:

That'd be nice. There's a ton of western stuff they could do, so I hope they go into it.

A bizarre thing: Think they should try to do Africa at all (other than egypt, obviously)?

No one ever does any thing from the general African continent, I don't even know what their mythology is like.

I guess we might see the Queen of Sheba?

There is no really good Lancer besides Cu, at least at the moment. Not that's a bad thing considering he is pretty much the only one you need. Otherwise you have to wait for certain 5* Servants or something much later.

Has Hans reached NP level 5? If not then he is not that great to use because his NP is chance-based. At max. Lvl he gets a 80% chance for his buffs which is reliable enough.

Alexander and Medusa are pretty similar in a sense that they have both AoE-based NPs, an unreliable stun ability and the same deck. Alexander has Charisma and a stronger NP after his interlude while Medusa has a higher attack buff for herself, stronger critical damge and gets a nifty skill later down the line. They are both serviceable but Medusa is slightly better.

Kiyohime is a good farming Servant due to her AoE NP + being a Berserker. Just don't expect her to be good against Servants or single enemies since she has really low Atk. Another good Berserker is Lu Bu if you should get him.

56 minutes ago, Skurge said:

Man I really wonder if we'll ever see more fictional based heroic spirits aside from the Phantom.

Will take a while until we get there.

4 minutes ago, Talandar said:

There is no really good Lancer besides Cu, at least at the moment. Not that's a bad thing considering he is pretty much the only one you need. Otherwise you have to wait for certain 5* Servants or something much later.

Has Hans reached NP level 5? If not then he is not that great to use because his NP is chance-based. At max. Lvl he gets a 80% chance for his buffs which is reliable enough.

Alexander and Medusa are pretty similar in a sense that they have both AoE-based NPs, an unreliable stun ability and the same deck. Alexander has Charisma and a stronger NP after his interlude while Medusa has a higher attack buff for herself, stronger critical damge and gets a nifty skill later down the line. They are both serviceable but Medusa is slightly better.

Kiyohime is a good farming Servant due to her AoE NP + being a Berserker. Just don't expect her to be good against Servants or single enemies since she has really low Atk. Another good Berserker is Lu Bu if you should get him.

Will take a while until we get there.

Hans is still np1

I'm planning on using medusa until I get access to a 4-5 star rider like Drake. Ushiwakamaru serves as my primary one because of the skills.

Lu Bu and Caesar are the only 2 that I wanna draw from the friend point summons right now, but I keep getting Mozart, Spartacus, and Arash summons. I don't even know if these guys are worth it, but they're at NP lvl 5 now.

Spartacus is a Lancer whose NP is a Buster Support. He's good at taunting atm  (his NP is a 3 turn taunt ffs) and nothing much else. With his strengthening, he can fully cement his role as a buster support as his third skill - a party wide buster buff is obtained from his strengthening quest. Don't sleep on him in other words as grailed or not, I've seen this man do some serious work.

Arash is Stella/10. Use Kaleidoscope or any of it's lower variant CEs on him and have him unleash Stella onto those group of enemies and then have someone in the backline take his place immediately. Strengthening gives him a skill that makes it so that he can generate 20% NP and basically be at full NP Gauge with a non-LB Kaleidoscope. He's there for farming and that's about it iirc.

Not too sure on Mozart. Seems to be a budget Arts Critical Support with his Arts NP that debuffs all the enmies's defense and attack, group wide Arts buff, and a skill that he gets after his strengthening that allows him to generate crit stars.. Also, he can weaken enemy NPs for one turn which is a thing he can do but never rely on skills like that.

That's about it iirc

Edited by N30

I am Invincible!

So, I managed to clear Encore Live with the following team. Best part about it is that I didn't even need to use any Command Spells!

Spoiler

AsDAMWG.png

Okay, okay, my entire strategy revolved around the OP support of Artoria Pendragon. Still, I was quite pleased that my plan worked as well as it did. Checking the numbers and pre-visualizing the battle paid off!

Georgios was my frontline tank to take the pressure off of my main damage dealers, Tamamo Cat and Saber. He held the line as long as possible, getting a heal from myself to get him to last a little longer. Then, Leonidas came in to continue tanking for the party. MVP of the first round was Tamamo Cat, since she successfully used Witchcraft (reduces enemy NP charge by one) and defeated the final Shadow Dancer when it had full charge. (I wasted my Evasion code on Artoria as I was not sure if Tamamo Cat could pull it off.)

Round Two against Elizabeth proper was a little more difficult. TamaCat got critically one-shot when Leonidas taunt fell, leaving room for Mash. Leonidas himself died shortly afterwards, allowing Caesar to take the field. However, Elizabeth's NP charge was full, so Mash put her invincibility on Saber while Caesar used his charisma and tactics to buffer Saber so she could utilize Excalibur. It was super effective (nearly 100k damage!), but Elizabeth still stood tall.

Mash and Caesar perished to the young Countess, so it became a one-on-one battle between her and Saber. Saber had weapon advantage and received a heal (since it came off of cooldown). Focusing her efforts on building NP, Artoria fired off Excalibur once again and finished off Elizabeth Bathory. It was a solid victory (as far as I am concerned). I honestly thought I was going to use a Revive for this fight, but apparently it was not needed.

Also, congrats on your Tamamo, @Skurge! I'm afraid I don't know enough of FGO to give some solid advice since I also "just started," but best of luck to you!

6 hours ago, Sire said:

I got my first 5* Servant recently, Orion. I was not really impressed when I tried her out as an NPC, but apparently she is supposed to be rather good. Other than that, I have mostly been farming EXP. I may try the higher level Halloween stuff before it expires to see if I can pull it off with my team.

Congratulations!  It took you way less time to get your 5* than me~!  Orion's job is to make men cry.

6 hours ago, Skurge said:

I just started this a week ago and got Cu, D'eon, and Robin hood as my starters. Got Tamacat from a later draw. Haven't gotten any other sabers tho, which is frustrating.

Just drew Tamamo as my first 5* from a ticket. idk if she's any good, but I like the NP.

Got the event character and her NP all the way to max. 

kinda wish I'd draw a saber that had offensive capabilities, D'eon's more of a tank. 

what's the next event?

d'Eon will serve you really well.  That was my first 4*, and I've been throwing (nearly) everything into them since then.  They become a lot better on third ascension, which will take a while.  Being genderless has its perks!

Tamacat's interesting. . .her NP has a bunch of good stuff, but the stun kinda sucks.  She'll really shine if you ever pull Martha.

A bunch of us have posted FCs in this thread.  A good friend servant makes things a lot less painful.  It was thanks to a high-level Saber (THE Saber) that I got the final Crystallized Lore.  I also did the triple Berserker rush and drained my Command Spells.  It was well worth it~!

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Spartacus is a Lancer

You mean Leonidas, right?

Got my 6 summoning tickets ... and nothing.
Gilles, 3* CE, Alexander, 3* CE, 3* CE, Jing Ke

Well, time to hoard SQ until Scathach banner comes. I want pretty much everything from there minus Diarmud so better get saving. Still have no pulled 5*, be it CE or Servant.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Congratulations!  It took you way less time to get your 5* than me~!  Orion's job is to make men cry.

d'Eon will serve you really well.  That was my first 4*, and I've been throwing (nearly) everything into them since then.  They become a lot better on third ascension, which will take a while.  Being genderless has its perks!

Tamacat's interesting. . .her NP has a bunch of good stuff, but the stun kinda sucks.  She'll really shine if you ever pull Martha.

A bunch of us have posted FCs in this thread.  A good friend servant makes things a lot less painful.  It was thanks to a high-level Saber (THE Saber) that I got the final Crystallized Lore.  I also did the triple Berserker rush and drained my Command Spells.  It was well worth it~!

I just drew the shroud of magdalene ce and it's gonna make Tamacat a little less squishy.

d'Eon is at least a really good debuffer. It's gonna be a while before I can get the interlude because its a recommended lvl 80 one. 

ugh I want Martha for the group heal. I got David levelled up a bit just for his group heal, but it ain't enough. Tho pairing David+Tamamo+Mash leads to funny shenanigans with David's NP spam.

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Spartacus is a Lancer whose NP is a Buster Support. He's good at taunting atm  (his NP is a 3 turn taunt ffs) and nothing much else. With his strengthening, he can fully cement his role as a buster support as his third skill - a party wide buster buff is obtained from his strengthening quest. Don't sleep on him in other words as grailed or not, I've seen this man do some serious work.

Arash is Stella/10. Use Kaleidoscope or any of it's lower variant CEs on him and have him unleash Stella onto those group of enemies and then have someone in the backline take his place immediately. Strengthening gives him a skill that makes it so that he can generate 20% NP and basically be at full NP Gauge with a non-LB Kaleidoscope. He's there for farming and that's about it iirc.

Not too sure on Mozart. Seems to be a budget Arts Critical Support with his Arts NP that debuffs all the enmies's defense and attack, group wide Arts buff, and a skill that he gets after his strengthening that allows him to generate crit stars.. Also, he can weaken enemy NPs for one turn which is a thing he can do but never rely on skills like that.

That's about it iirc

I think you mixed up spartacus and leonidas?

Might use Arash for the lulz. Stella sounds like something to put in a team with Tamamo and Ushi and let rip.

I beat the encore stage of the event and got the lore. Kinda wish I could farm more candles for the ascension materials.  I heard Tesla's in the JP version and idk why but I'm hyped as fuck for it. 

My team runs with d'Eon-Cu- Robin(Or David if I want heals) with Mash/Hans/Tamamo-Ushi/Kojiro-Tamacat being the second line. Mash's still useful even if I haven't levelled her because of those skills. Yay for invincibility.

I actually want to see them put in William Tell as an archer. Idk if it's been done in fate lore, but he's like the only famous bowman I can think of that I haven't heard associated with the fate series.

1 minute ago, Skurge said:

I just drew the shroud of magdalene ce and it's gonna make Tamacat a little less squishy.

d'Eon is at least a really good debuffer. It's gonna be a while before I can get the interlude because its a recommended lvl 80 one. 

ugh I want Martha for the group heal. I got David levelled up a bit just for his group heal, but it ain't enough. Tho pairing David+Tamamo+Mash leads to funny shenanigans with David's NP spam.

d'Eon's ascensions aren't tied to Interludes, thank goodness.  I had to burn Command Spells to beat that one (that level recommendation is NOT a joke).  You'll just need a lot of ember gathering/Saber days to get the appropriate materials.  Once you do, d'Eon's role becomes a lot clearer.

Martha's party heal also removes debuffs.  Like a self-inflicted stun.

Well the Lvl. 90 node was surprisingly easy. My mate with the lvl 90 Gilgamesh doesn't show up on the support list for some reason, so I had to make due with a lvl 90 Artoria (oh woe is me).

Artoria died at the very end of the Medea battle, but the rest of it was easy enough with Caster Liz.

39 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It is if you brought instant kill NPs :]

Assuming you survived long enough to cast them. :P:

Spoiler

Stupid ghosts and their NP draining skills.

Just tried the encore mission with @MrSmokestack's Saber Alter. It was much easier than I thought. One Excalibur and first wave was killed in one swoop (though I used her Mana Burst and the Instant cast).

Liz herself did little to the team of Hans, Mash and Saber Alter. I only lost Mash because she was critted twice by Elizabeth in a single round. But Heracles finally put in her place with a Buster Chain Nine Lives. Another Crystallized Lore get.
But the 90 AP spot? Nope. My strongest Servant is David at Level 60 and even my budget Arts Team (Emiya, Np 5 Hans, Support) gets killed by the Medea stage due to her spamming Rule Breaker. A pity but what can I do?

51 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Assuming you survived long enough to cast them. :P:

Reveal hidden contents

Stupid ghosts and their NP draining skills.

Who is the most broken and overpowered unit in Fate/Grand Order and why is it Hans Christian Andersen

@Talandar Good to see my Salter helped you out. I love my Salter. I finally got around to maxing her Imaginary Element for even more NP spam, and now that I’ve cleared out the shop I maxed Halloween Princess for future hand farming. My support list has been updated accordingly.

After all the work Hans has put in for this event, he and Hood are really deserving of grailing. But alas, no one will get them before Jeanne Alter does.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Who is the most broken and overpowered unit in Fate/Grand Order and why is it Dick Wizard

FTFY. Also don't ask, I could literally do a 1000 word essay on why any unit in this game is good/bad.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

After all the work Hans has put in for this event, he and Hood are really deserving of grailing. But alas, no one will get them before Jeanne Alter does.

I mean, as long as you prep accordingly it shouldn't really matter.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Grail#Holy_Grail