Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Spoiler for Apocrypha:

Hide contents

If an event of a mobile game can give Sieg more personality than he ever had during the entirety of Apocrypha within just 2 chapters I think something went wrong with the source material.
Still a dork, mind you, but he is at least less cardboard now.

Spoiler

So we still shipping him with Jeanne or is it Astolfo now?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now. I wanted to throw a few more tickets at the F/Z banner because I felt like it. Emiya Assassin came on the second ticket. Now I'll have to try to get Illya won't I?

Edited by Alexmender

Oh yes the Apocrypha Event is spicy shit

Spoiler

Rip Golem Sensei. Everytime he appeared as a raid target we would kill him just like that. The woes of dropping gears I suppose

Tfw Spartacus thinks that flying to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon is oppression but climbing up a rope to get there isn’t.

Spartacus in general is pretty great during this event

@Czarpy

Spoiler

I’m shipping him with his Fafnir body.

Edited by N30

55 minutes ago, N30 said:

Oh yes the Apocrypha Event is spicy shit

Reveal hidden contents

Rip Golem Sensei. Everytime he appeared as a raid target we would kill him just like that. The woes of dropping gears I suppose

Tfw Spartacus thinks that flying to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon is oppression but climbing up a rope to get there isn’t.

Spartacus in general is pretty great during this event

@Czarpy

Hide contents

I’m shipping him with his Fafnir body.

Spoiler

I'm just gonna guess that the apocrypha anime fucked up badly in characterization.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

I'm just gonna guess that the apocrypha anime fucked up badly in characterization.

Spoiler

No, just the writing in general.  AFAIK, even the LN is fairly criticized about Seig's character being bland.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

No, just the writing in general.  AFAIK, even the LN is fairly criticized about Seig's character being bland.

Spoiler

it coulda been better if they made sieg a little mentally fucked up like shirou

I think the main issue with Sieg in Apocrypha is being shoved into plots he didn’t belong in, he could have been ok if his entire character was focused on the save the homunculi plot and how that affects him, rather that making him shounen protag and the tacked on romance with Jeanne especially when he had more chemistry with Astolfo.  

That said I kinda like him early in the plot almost entirely for being cute.  Like, try and tell me the sickly boy we see when he’s introduced isn’t something precious and protectable.  I wanted to hug him and never let go.

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hide contents

I think the main issue with Sieg in Apocrypha is being shoved into plots he didn’t belong in, he could have been ok if his entire character was focused on the save the homunculi plot and how that affects him, rather that making him shounen protag and the tacked on romance with Jeanne especially when he had more chemistry with Astolfo.  

That said I kinda like him early in the plot almost entirely for being cute.  Like, try and tell me the sickly boy we see when he’s introduced isn’t something precious and protectable.  I wanted to hug him and never let go.

Spoiler

fucks sake the semiramis-amakusa pairing was more fun than the tacked on sieg/jeane one.

31815426_1816882875284200_2246553197600571392_n.jpg.dca1e90f81270610e78ec8a2a0b985e8.jpg

Edited by Czarpy

I think the main issue with Apo wasn`t Sied char...and the fact that it was the MAIN character.

We had many other possibilities much more interesting then him - a blank face, which makes sense in his case.

Sieg’s issue is that he’s the main character - and the fact that he isn’t all that fit for the damn role compared to other candidates like Mordred, Shisigo, Vlad (he has first person narrations in the LN), and hell Caules.

Anyhow, Vlad gimme stakes bb

Well, since this is the last day of the Zhuge Liang Rate-Up I spent just a bit to do 1 more 10-roll + 1 single (because that was initially the planned budget for Iskandar).

@MrSmokestack I really really want to murder you now for casting that curse on me. 
Gold Rider on the 10-roll - Astolfo. Pls, no.
The last single roll was an SSR.

84JxYfc.png

Have fun guessing who that was (Hint: remember what class I rolled the most?).
I have the same curse as the author of El-Melloi II Case files. Nooooooooooo.

Time to stop rolling until New Year and save FP for Fuuma. The last thing I want is to get spooked by Raikou and monetary-wise I just spent the amount I need to roll on a paid-gacha (anniversary is easy skip anyway so no big commitment).

---

Is anyone else preparing for Rashomon?

Edited by The Priest

>Has NP3 Vlad

I’m already ready for Rashoumon’s bullshit for the most part. Just need to level up Iri for the Arts team Vlad memes

35 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Is anyone else preparing for Rashomon

well I`ve been reading about it on some old reddit topis but tha is mostly it.

I should fare decently well, having waver / casko / Scathach / Jalter, so plenty of decent non budget teams to pick :P

I hope we get that event soon!!! Fate zero accel was pretty good

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

@MrSmokestack I really really want to murder you now for casting that curse on me. 

84JxYfc.png

And to think you had the gall to brag about your luck before. Mai waifu is an Avenger, what were you honestly expecting?

I really want to roll for Illya now after...something happened a few days ago. But I still want Artoria Archer. End me.

In other news, I’ve decided to give streaming a shot. I’ll be playing F/GO at 9:30 AM EST tomorrow for the next rank-up quest. If you’d like to tune in you can here.

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

Well, since this is the last day of the Zhuge Liang Rate-Up I spent just a bit to do 1 more 10-roll + 1 single (because that was initially the planned budget for Iskandar).

84JxYfc.png

Have fun guessing who that was (Hint: remember what class I rolled the most?).
I have the same curse as the author of El-Melloi II Case files. Nooooooooooo.

Time to stop rolling until New Year and save FP for Fuuma. The last thing I want is to get spooked by Raikou and monetary-wise I just spent the amount I need to roll on a paid-gacha (anniversary is easy skip anyway so no big commitment).

---

Is anyone else preparing for Rashomon?

isn't Rashoumon the event where Rama gang bangs everything in sight.

48 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And to think you had the gall to brag about your luck before. Mai waifu is an Avenger, what were you honestly expecting?

I really want to roll for Illya now after...something happened a few days ago. But I still want Artoria Archer. End me.

In other news, I’ve decided to give streaming a shot. I’ll be playing F/GO at 9:30 AM EST tomorrow for the next rank-up quest. If you’d like to tune in you can here.

Hold on, calling the police.

You're definitely not talking FSN Illya you pedo

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

And to think you had the gall to brag about your luck before.

You're calling that "bragging"? It's lamentation. Lamentation about my misguided luck.
That's 5 SSR pulled from this banner and I got Gilgamesh on the Pre-Event one. I really can't complain, can I? Also, RIP Karna, you will probably never grace my team.

Though I did not get even a single copy of the Event 5* CEs. I got enough of the 4* one to MLB it three times (I MLB'd 2, burned the rest).

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I really want to roll for Illya now after...something happened a few days ago.

You and @Alexmender are horrible people. Trying to stick a Contender on her head, have you no shame?

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

You're calling that "bragging"? It's lamentation. Lamentation about my misguided luck.
That's 5 SSR pulled from this banner and I got Gilgamesh on the Pre-Event one. I really can't complain, can I? Also, RIP Karna, you will probably never grace my team.

Though I did not get even a single copy of the Event 5* CEs. I got enough of the 4* one to MLB it three times (I MLB'd 2, burned the rest).

You and @Alexmender are horrible people. Trying to stick a Contender on her head, have you no shame?

Go for Knight anniversary and get your Artoria spook now

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Go for Knight anniversary and get your Artoria spook now

Nope to NP2 Saber. Though I would take that over Altera. Between Saber Alter and Mordred I do not need another AoE Saber. Plus it feeds the counter for USO, right?

Really if someone wants to pull on that one just for a good SSR, pull from Horsemen.

Knights has literally 4 Artorias (Original, Mordred aka 2.0, Altera aka better Artoria and Lancer). The only gems in there are imo Karna, Jeanne and maybe Orion.
In Horsemen on the other hand only Drake and Medb are duds because they are just mediocre. The others are amazing though.

Edited by The Priest

8 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Nope to NP2 Saber. Though I would take that over Altera. Between Saber Alter and Mordred I do not need another AoE Saber. Plus it feeds the counter for USO, right?

Really if someone wants to pull on that one just for a good SSR, pull from Horsemen.

Knights has literally 4 Artorias (Original, Mordred aka 2.0, Altera aka better Artoria and Lancer). The only gems in there are imo Karna, Jeanne and maybe Orion.
In Horsemen on the other hand only Drake and Medb are duds because they are just mediocre. The others are amazing though.

idk man I'm kind of wary of rolling the horsemen unless it's a good thing to potentially have np2 Tamamo/vlad/jack/nightingale

hell, I'm probably gonna roll solely for the chance at Drake or Cu Alter.

I admit Knights are not appealing to me - already have OG Seibah and the best lancers available on my non biased opinion :P

But....pulling on calvary means a chance to get np4 waver.... I pray the lord for mercy

7 minutes ago, QKumber said:

I admit Knights are not appealing to me - already have OG Seibah and the best lancers available on my non biased opinion :P

But....pulling on calvary means a chance to get np4 waver.... I pray the lord for mercy

give me a waver dammit

@MrSmokestack

Spoiler

31950365_1670412526368051_1839271460489658368_n.jpg.ba89852bf2084ee01c1ac6431fa4f881.jpg

When you're rolling for Illya

On 5/4/2018 at 6:09 AM, The Priest said:

A contender? ELI5

On 5/4/2018 at 12:26 AM, Czarpy said:

Hold on, calling the police.

You're definitely not talking FSN Illya you pedo

Keep that up and I’m going to become the official villain of this thread. I’ve already cursed pulls and pulled for waifus, what other evidence do you need?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

A contender? ELI5

Keep that up and I’m going to become the official villain of this thread. I’ve already cursed pulls and pulled for waifus, what other evidence do you need?

we just need to know if you're a priest, if you like mapo tofu, and if you've got the hots for Prisma Illya

getting Rama's level maxed out.

Rama is now max level but I'm considering potentially grailing him but idk.

gonna farm void dust from that one node until the event ends after that.

Rashoumon teams?

Thinking Rama/Nightingale/Support Waver or Jack just so I can crit-nuke the banana oni loli

won a giveaway from an FGO group and got enough cash for two full ten-rolls. I'm probably gonna do just one for shuten douji banner and just one for the journey to the west banner.

now i can focus on bond exp farming and shit.

Edited by Czarpy

30 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

we just need to know if you're a priest, if you like mapo tofu, and if you've got the hots for prisma illya

No comment

30 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Rashoumon teams?

The usual. Jeanne Alter, Caesar, Waver Support, and Leonidas. Buff Jeanne, stack the event CEs, and watch the fireworks.

If I get bored I’ll use Shiki / double Tamamo / Caesar instead.

I’d think of a Quick team but I’m at a bit of a loss at the moment.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No comment

The usual. Jeanne Alter, Caesar, Waver Support, and Leonidas. Buff Jeanne, stack the event CEs, and watch the fireworks.

If I get bored I’ll use Shiki / double Tamamo / Caesar instead.

I’d think of a Quick team but I’m at a bit of a loss at the moment.

use my Nightingale for the hilarious buster buff.