Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

19 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

FTFY. Also don't ask, I could literally do a 1000 word essay on why any unit in this game is good/bad.

I'd like to see

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh what exactly does tamamo's interlude get her? it's an NP buff but there's no indication of the buff in the in game text.

on the other hand, drew mephistopheles again. he any good?

1 minute ago, Skurge said:

oh what exactly does tamamo's interlude get her? it's an NP buff but there's no indication of the buff in the in game text.

on the other hand, drew mephistopheles again. he any good?

Characters have multiple interludes.  If there's a buff to NP, it'll probably be in the description somewhere. . .but since Tamamo's does everything up to washing my dishes, it may be hard to miss.

Mephi's not necessarily bad (this extends to just about every character in the game).  if you can stand his creepy appearance, he can work.

6 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

Gimme a servant, I take this as a challenge :P:

My baby girl Tamamo Cat

You can tell an NP was buffed when the letter grade raised, Skurge.

10 minutes ago, Skurge said:

It buffs her heal. She gets an extra thousand at all levels i.e. 1000 at lvl 1 becomes 2000, 2000 at level 5 becomes 3000.

She also gets an interlude that adds a heal to her 3rd skill.

8 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

My baby girl Tamamo Cat

Aight. I'm doing exams right now though, so it might take a bit.

28 minutes ago, Skurge said:

Tamamo's NP interlude increases the amount of HP her NP heals by 1000.  It makes a good Servant that much better.  IIRC Tamamo is considered one of the three best support Servants in the game alongside Zhuge Liang/El Melloi II and Dick Wizard (who won't become part of US FGO for about a year)

Also for the person asking after Orion, I can tell you that she's the ultimate killer of Male Sabers and she'll be a life saver once we get to a certain chapter in FGO's story.  I can say this confidently since Orion was my first 5 star Servant in JP FGO.

EDIT:  And new people feel free to add me on FGO, my FC and Support List are in my signature.

Edited by The Geek

9 hours ago, Archer of Red said:

FTFY. Also don't ask, I could literally do a 1000 word essay on why any unit in this game is good/bad.

Ok

Do a 1,000 word essay on why Dick Wizard sucks

At least Hans isn’t locked behind a 1% summon rate and premium currency

9 hours ago, Archer of Red said:

I mean, as long as you prep accordingly it shouldn't really matter.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Grail#Holy_Grail

I know how many grails we get, but I want Jeanne Alter to get them first <3

A part of me feels like Grailing Georgios, even if there are technically better candidates for these grails. I just love the guy, he tanks, he loves to take pictures with his camera, and is an all-around great dude. The only other two tanks I can think of are Leonidas (who is also cool) and Chevalier d'Eon.

Otherwise, I'll probably end up saving my grails for someone down the road. I need to pull a highly desired character first before I can think about using the Holy Grails...
Thanks for the Orion tips! I recently started raising her and she quickly surpassed Eurydale who was my previous "archer main." I guess her NPC portrayal does not accurately showcase her power.

14 hours ago, The Geek said:

And new people feel free to add me on FGO, my FC and Support List are in my signature.

Sent you a request. Name is Ren with Heracles as lead.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

A part of me feels like Grailing Georgios, even if there are technically better candidates for these grails. I just love the guy, he tanks, he loves to take pictures with his camera, and is an all-around great dude.

Grails in general are for your favorite Servants. There is no real better or worse in that besides giving them slightly higher stats after maxing out. Sure 3* or below aren't going to match 4* or even 5* in stats but that's not the important part about grailing.
If anything common Servants get more benefit of Grails than those of higher rarity. Georgios would get 5 extra levels for each Grail while a 5* only gets 2. Unless you plan for grailing to 100, there is no real shame in investing grails for lower rarity servants.

Edited by Talandar

1 hour ago, Sire said:

A part of me feels like Grailing Georgios, even if there are technically better candidates for these grails. I just love the guy, he tanks, he loves to take pictures with his camera, and is an all-around great dude. The only other two tanks I can think of are Leonidas (who is also cool) and Chevalier d'Eon.

Otherwise, I'll probably end up saving my grails for someone down the road. I need to pull a highly desired character first before I can think about using the Holy Grails...
Thanks for the Orion tips! I recently started raising her and she quickly surpassed Eurydale who was my previous "archer main." I guess her NPC portrayal does not accurately showcase her power.

Grail him anyway.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ok

Do a 1,000 word essay on why Dick Wizard sucks

At least Hans isn’t locked behind a 1% summon rate and premium currency

In conclusion, it turns out Dick Wizard doesn't suck and is actually so good he distorts the entire meta-game around his presence or lack thereof. :P:

4 hours ago, Sire said:

Every single grail that has been released will be used on a 1* servant in my lineup.

Grail who you want. That's the beauty of this game.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

E Rank Argumentative Skills :]

2 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

It goes nicely with your E Rank Baiting Skills :P:

There's only one servant that wields Rule Breaker, and that's neither of you. :P:

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's only one servant that wields Rule Breaker, and that's neither of you. :P:

There's something about a Global Moderator bragging about wielding the Rule Breaker that feels a little...off. I'm sure it's nothing though. :P:

Anyway, anybody else have analysis suggestions? I'm already doing Tamamo Cat and Emiya, so might as well pile it on.

Just now, Archer of Red said:

There's something about a Global Moderator bragging about wielding the Rule Breaker that feels a little...off. I'm sure it's nothing though. :P:

Anyway, anybody else have analysis suggestions? I'm already doing Tamamo Cat and Emiya, so might as well pile it on.

Tee-hee~!

I nominate Anne Boyle & Mary Read.  I'm trying to see what their redeeming qualities are, and failing.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Tee-hee~!

I nominate Anne Boyle & Mary Read.  I'm trying to see what their redeeming qualities are, and failing.

Well short answer is crits, but they're really reliant on their 3rd skill to get the ball rolling and I don't remember what level yours is.

Well short answer is crits, but they're really reliant on their 3rd skill to get the ball rolling and I don't remember what level yours is.

Currently between first and second ascension.

7 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

I nominate B B. I don’t really see her niche other than being good against Avengers.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Tee-hee~!

They’re crit riders with a low HP gimmick. A consolation prize for not rolling Drake

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Currently between first and second ascension.

Yeah, until they hit 3rd ascension they're gonna struggle, but they become pretty great afterwards. Worse than their summer version cause, ya know, bustermeme team, but still great.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I nominate B B. I don’t really see her niche other than being good against Avengers.

They’re crit riders with a low HP gimmick. A consolation prize for not rolling Drake

The irony is that I wanted none of the Riders from the story.  Just my luck. ;/

Yeah, until they hit 3rd ascension they're gonna struggle, but they become pretty great afterwards. Worse than their summer version cause, ya know, bustermeme team, but still great.

I think they'll quietly eat my materials.  I'm quite happy with Martha/Alexander.  Though I suppose they'd work well with a certain Assassin I've been throwing everything into.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She's the inverse of Tamamo Cat actually; not much good for grinding or mob clearing, but having a lot to offer in boss fights and challenge quests. The slight shift in the meta favouring general utility has done her a lot of favours (although she was still really good before that), just like it's done for OG Jeannu and Amakusa.

She's also a top-tier waifu, so she's got that going for her as well.

Edited by Archer of Red