Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

So rather than do these quests like a smart person, I blew a bunch of AP on the ember gathering.  A certain someone needs to level, and badly.

In other news, I'm out of dragon teeth again.  Why do so many units need it to promote?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case people don’t know, this week’s master missions can all be done by playing a single node, Fuyuki X-F, 5 times. At 6 AP per run, it only costs 30 in total to get the weekly quests done!

Is 500k ahoge behind the curve on event progress? I’m starting to think it is.

just got my second star of altria

man those attack boosts stack like crazy. the support okitas and Salters just atomize jeanne and shishou. Ain't gonna try tesla just yet until I see someone with an MLB purely bloom on shishou. 

MHX is the clear mvp for this event. At least she gets her time to shine for now, and in the future if I ever need another STNP Assassin until I get Jing Ke maxed. Kinda slowish on getting MHX to her next interlude because of the exp card deficit tho. Idk if it's worth it to try farming embers or to just continue grabbing event stuff since I ain't gonna be getting gears and shit easily.

Just found out that Jack, Emiya, Medusa, Hans, Fergus, and Saint George all want these things.

Fuck, even Paracelsus+Babbage do too. (And I do want that SQ sometime soon.)

well there goes my AP, and gold apples too. Should I save them for any upcoming events?

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is 500k ahoge behind the curve on event progress? I’m starting to think it is.

We get around ~280K ahoges without multiplier from the remaining Challenge Quests. I'm capped at 280% multiplier (Support X + Lily + Alter + Siegfried + D'Eon + Fergus) so with I would still need to farm 800k more at my current status of 465,820 points.

Unlike GudaGuda I don't think it's possible to clear the point reward without spending apples.

6 hours ago, Skurge said:

Ain't gonna try tesla just yet until I see someone with an MLB purely bloom on shishou. 

*has Scathach with MLB Purely Bloom on All support*
*nobody uses it*
-.-

@Talandar QKumber had it first

Something isn’t right here. You somehow have a higher drop bonus than I do despite running a 3* and no Nero. The most I can get is 230% using Alter / Nero / MHX / Lily / d’Eon / Support Lily

I know it says 180% but I just felt like pointing that out

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

QKumber had it first

Can it.

The multiplier bonus is additive to your base. So:

100% (Base) + 180% (Bonus) = 280% total of obtained Altrium
~280k Altrium * 2.8 = ~784k to obtain from Challenge Quests.

You have a total multiplier of 330% which is the highest you can possibly get. That means you get ~924k Altrium so you have much less to farm (lucky bastard).

Well, I'm done with shop farming. Since we have so much time I probably want to get the Fous and maybe farm the Scathach node for Crystals, Hearts and whatever there is more to get (a monument stock would be nice to have).
The only thing I'm severely lacking of is EXP cards. Cleared the shop already and I'm still stuck with Lvl. 77 SAlter, Lvl. 70 Fergus, Lvl. 40 Lily and Lvl. 50 Siegfried. Didn't bother level-up D'Eon and is mostly there for +20% points.

Edited by Talandar

grind grind grind grind.

gotta get the hearts, gears, and horseshoes. I'd farm the MHX node, but my medea isn't fully levelled enough. I'll just settle for clearing the shop!.

Oh hey the 200 day rewards are coming. 2 summon tickets but no SQ. :p I'll take the tickets for use during the valentines day events!

I’m a little over 700k. I spent some apples to finish leveling Nero as insurance against the 3M Lancer Alter. I’ll leave MHX at 80 and Saber Lily at 70 for the rest of the event though.

I also finally got a Purely Bloom to drop. Depending on when the last Star of Altria CE comes from grinding ahoges, I’ll have max MLB to max out the damage of my frontline over my backrow. After getting all the stuff for tubes I’ll backtrack and grind the Tesla node for Lenses. Should be easy with MLB Bloom Cu and Shishou.

EDIT: Since this hasn’t been posted yet I really want to bring this up. Tamamo-no-Mae got an animation update in JP. Since I’ve been playing Fate/EXTELLA over the past two weeks, I am absolutely loving the inspiration from her moveset in that game, especially when she uses her EM finisher for her Extra Attack. Her 3rd ascension isn’t nearly as good as her default and 1st but it’s definitely much better than what she had before.

Spoiler

Here’s hoping we get all the updated animations soon! If New Years is any indication we might get them piecemeal instead of following JP’s schedule. Maybe once strengthen quests start to come in?

Edited by MrSmokestack

DAMN the animations on Casko looks AMAZING!!!

one more set of new animations to look for! Come on DW give them to us NA plebs too :P

ps: almost done with saber wars farming, just gonna greab 20 more hearts and call it quits! Great event overall =D

Casko's animation update announcement back in December came... basically out of nowhere at first...

((SPOILERS CONTAIN SHIT FROM PART 2 DO NOT FUCKING READ IT IF YOU'RE NOT AT THAT POINT IN THE STORY))

Spoiler

Then, we saw the Part 2 Prologue and we got a red alert with Koyansakuya.

I am at 480k for points, but I have mostly been focusing on clearing the shop of items. Currently farming the Tesla node with Lancer support.

Man, typing on mobile sucks. I wish I had my laptop with me, but night shift work is night shift work. Good thing there is a fair amount of downtime.

666k points.

ugh fuuuuuck the item droprates. I can't seem to nail a single horseshoe or gear all day.

someone's Salter is getting worked. Poor d'Eon is busy taking hits and dying after 5 rounds in the tesla node. I need those lenses anyways!

Shishou gets killed by Okita on a crit star gobbled NP+Buster Cards brave chain and caesar skill boosts. MHX finds use killing wyverns for now, but I suspect she will be benched once Shiki comes. Sorry, but Jack is just that good, gets an evade skill, and doesn't have fucking instinct as a skill. 

Like seriously, who put instinct as a skill for an assassin? 

agh fucking I'm just happy enough with the heart surplus we're getting. Now I can fully ascend tamamo sometime in the future!

Edited by Skurge

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

666k points.

ugh fuuuuuck the item droprates. I can't seem to nail a single horseshoe or gear all day.

someone's Salter is getting worked. Poor d'Eon is busy taking hits and dying after 5 rounds in the tesla node. I need those lenses anyways!

Shishou gets killed by Okita on a crit star gobbled NP+Buster Cards brave chain and caesar skill boosts. MHX finds use killing wyverns for now, but I suspect she will be benched once Shiki comes. Sorry, but Jack is just that good, gets an evade skill, and doesn't have fucking instinct as a skill. 

agh fucking I'm just happy enough with the heart surplus we're getting. Now I can fully ascend tamamo sometime in the future!

Instinct is one of the best skills for an assassin though? It stabilizes their star generation and makes sure you can get optimal burst turn. Not only is its ideal for a 34 hit asssassin.... its MHX best skill

The only servant i could think of that did not have the skill and would have liked the skill and benefits from it more than asssassins are Rama

If you want to see misplaced instinct you look at fucking Beowulf

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

you mean post buff Instinct right? Because a skill that grants 4~14 stars ain`t nothing amazing, specially on a high hitcount unit like MHX

the stars aer usefull sure, but worth a Skill slot? Hard to say.

But post buff the skill adds a layer of protection that MHX so much needed

2 hours ago, QKumber said:

you mean post buff Instinct right? Because a skill that grants 4~14 stars ain`t nothing amazing, specially on a high hitcount unit like MHX

Now if only the OG Saber could get a buff >->

On 8.1.2018 at 5:58 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I don't know if i said this here before, but using Okita in this event made me realize how fucking terrible Quick really is

If they could just give Quick cards a 1.0 modifier (which isn't going to happen since the Quick NPs would be utterly ridicilous).

21 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Lancer Alter

Now that you mention it, looking at @MrSmokestack's Support I was kinda bothered by the lack of something.
He doesn't have Lancer Alter.

20 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Here’s hoping we get all the updated animations soon! If New Years is any indication we might get them piecemeal instead of following JP’s schedule. Maybe once strengthen quests start to come in?

Animation updates are tied to client version. Since they included Saber Alter's new animations we're at the 'Shinjuku' client (which includes all of the FSN Servants minus Kojiro and Heracles). Before that we were somewhere around 'Babylonia' since we got Emiya's animation update at launch.
Either we're progressing like EoR on a much earlier schedule (which means, next are Drake, Heracles and D'Eon) or they do more themed updates like this one. We already got the animation updates that were included before EoR on launch (minus Altera who was added with Extella).

Has anyone an idea how many Altrium points you need to have at this point? I'm at 764k and not sure if this is actually a lot or not. Maybe I need to switch to MHZ node.

Edited by Talandar

7 hours ago, Skurge said:

Meanie

Spitting on your gacha luck can only end badly

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

If they could just give Quick cards a 1.0 modifier (which isn't going to happen since the Quick NPs would be utterly ridicilous).

They could just reduce the NP gain and NP multipliers so it’s still doing the damage it did before the 1.0 buff. Quick being the worst card means buffing it is fine; Buster and Arts are still likely to be preferred even with the changes.

Now that you mention it, looking at @MrSmokestack's Support I was kinda bothered by the lack of something.
He doesn't have Lancer Alter.

I thought about rolling for her, but I wanted to keep saving. After all, if Nero and MHX are any indication, I like my Saberfaces cute...and not so big.

She’ll be on rateup again during Camelot so I can try for her again by then if I’m feeling up to it. If I survive whaling for Jeanne of course

d’Eon update hype

I’m so happy if they’re going to be next. d’Eon was my first gold and is approaching Bond 9.

Has anyone an idea how many Altrium points you need to have at this point? I'm at 764k and not sure if this is actually a lot or not. Maybe I need to switch to MHZ node.

I’m at 800k ish though I’ve split apples on exp and ahoge. UHZ isn’t recommended for ahoge unless you can consistently clear it; Galaxy node with some AP refills is preferred.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Meanie

Spitting on your gacha luck can only end badly

They could just reduce the NP gain and NP multipliers so it’s still doing the damage it did before the 1.0 buff. Quick being the worst card means buffing it is fine; Buster and Arts are still likely to be preferred even with the changes.

I thought about rolling for her, but I wanted to keep saving. After all, if Nero and MHX are any indication, I like my Saberfaces cute...and not so big.

She’ll be on rateup again during Camelot so I can try for her again by then if I’m feeling up to it. If I survive whaling for Jeanne of course

I’m so happy if they’re going to be next. d’Eon was my first gold and is approaching Bond 9.

I’m at 800k ish though I’ve split apples on exp and ahoge. UHZ isn’t recommended for ahoge unless you can consistently clear it; Galaxy node with some AP refills is preferred.

ain't spitting. I'm just kinda disappointed that they made a bad altria, again. 

Then again, I kinda wish they made MHX into a rider at least.

A bunch of my golds are approaching bond 6. I'm gonna get a ton of SQ from it just in time for Nero Bride.

8 hours ago, QKumber said:

Even pre buff. 1st skill can be inconsistent and 3rd skil, my argument is that mhx hitcount is on the area where its not high enough to poop stars, which is 3 quick with 4 HC, or Jack tier but not low enough to make her not a true star producer, so instinct actually fits well on her.

instinct is an underwhelming skill, but effect wise its actually good. its not like.... Gilles Caster entire skillset, or mental debuff resistance. its an effect that is found on many Top Tier servant as one of their best skill(or for Lancer Alter the sole reason she isn't terrible). Of course it would suck if you didn't upgrade it but at 8-10 its actually quite a solid skill that happen to be misplaced in most of its incarnation. And theres a certain Saber who wishes it have Vanilla Instinct since it synergizes so well with his skillset

@MrSmokestack is an alter fanfraud, her Saber Alter is grailed but it doesn't even have a single L6 skills SMH

Also i honestly think Quick NP gain is fine where it is. Remember when i said Okita is a solid proof of how fucking shit quick is? thats because her damage ALWAYS suffers and her NP gain is kinda fucking shit without Art starter(she gets like 7% on Mid Quick and Quick End) which kills her damage. Thats on a servant with broken quick that have 5.0 gains which is so ridiculous until you compare her to Sheba because Sheba is an unfair bullshit

That card type, and QQQ set up is good on solo servant because they circumvent all of that by doing constant 1.6 with an NP gain, and with good enough hitcount basically gets consistent crit off stars and can set up a good chain to make them somewhat able to spam NP, Its questioned whether that set is better than BBB(nevermind that King Hassan is the single most broken servant in term of Basic Parameter) but its just good that way

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner