Kotaku/Nintendo Dream info (Class Change/Promotion teased, uneven character distribution, and ...Donnel... ?)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/1/2017 at 9:47 PM, Arthur97 said:

Well, as was brought up, this started development before it became apparent that Fates didn't have quite the staying power that Awakening did.

Fates has great staying power.

I don't know what you're talkin' about.

29 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I said not quite as much. I never said it didn't have any.

It has more staying power.

Barely anyone talks about Awakening anymore. Fates is still a beloved modern classic. 

3 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

It has more staying power.

Barely anyone talks about Awakening anymore. Fates is still a beloved modern classic. 

I'd hardly call it a beloved modern classic.

6 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

It's, like, two years old; hell, it's only one year old in America.  You can't classify it as "classic".  You can hardly even consider Awakening "classic".  There's a certain time threshold they gotta pass first.  Or they gotta "harken back" to the past in a very significant way, which Fates only does slightly with CQ.

I'd say Fates' staying power is still being tested, along with Awakening's.  If ten years down the road people are making fan hacks for Fates or are otherwise still playing it, then you'll know for sure that it's a classic.

@Ertrick36 @Arthur97 You're trying to argue with the second biggest troll from the gamefaqs fandom, you know. Just leave him be.

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Wow, even they're complaining about the roster. 

Derrick's streamed FE7 and 8 (and is finishing up PoR)-- he was somewhat salty (while still acting largely professional) during the video covering the Famitsu news. Tl;DR He's one of us.

Edited by The DanMan

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

@Ertrick36 @Arthur97 You're trying to argue with the second biggest troll from the gamefaqs fandom, you know. Just leave him be.

Derrick's streamed FE7 and 8 (and is finishing up PoR)-- he was somewhat salty (while still acting largely professional) during the video covering the Famitsu news. Tl;DR He's one of us.

@The DanMan

1. I'm not a troll. Just because you don't agree with what I have to say, that doesn't mean that I'm a troll.

2. No, the second biggest troll on the GameFAQ's fandom is Plainsandfields.

He literally attacks anyone who says anything positive about Awakening/Fates, or anyone who says something negative about Valentia.

56 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

@The DanMan

1. I'm not a troll. Just because you don't agree with what I have to say, that doesn't mean that I'm a troll.

2. No, the second biggest troll on the GameFAQ's fandom is Plainsandfields.

He literally attacks anyone who says anything positive about Awakening/Fates, or anyone who says something negative about Valentia.

And you like to give a lot of praise to Fates and you have also been bashing Echoes recently without giving any reasons as to why Fates is deserving of the praise and why Echoes is bad. If you actually did, I'm sure people would take you more seriously.

On topic, it saddens me to see the roster is gonna be uneven cause we all know Shadow Dragon is gonna get the short end of the stick and SD characters were the ones that were interesting me in the game in the first place. *sigh*

Guys, can we seriously not bring up people's reputations on other sites? I'd rather talk to people on SF without having my opinions on them affected by outside sources.

Not to mention it's a rather... lame thing to do in general.

On topic, I don't mind the uneven roster as long as there's decent representation of all three universes. Although I wouldn't bet on this being "Awakening Warriors" due to a relatively high number of popular characters in Fates. I mean, we already have Corrin, Xander and Ryoma. Add in Camilla, Takumi, Leo, Elise, Azura (who I think all have big chances of being in), and we have 8 Fates characters already. That's one third of a 24-character roster.

I think the vanilla roster will be pretty much equal between Awakening and Fates, with Akaneia getting a smaller portion (Kinda like 40/40/20).

41 minutes ago, Azz said:

And you like to give a lot of praise to Fates and you have also been bashing Echoes recently without giving any reasons as to why Fates is deserving of the praise and why Echoes is bad. If you actually did, I'm sure people would take you more seriously.

On topic, it saddens me to see the roster is gonna be uneven cause we all know Shadow Dragon is gonna get the short end of the stick and SD characters were the ones that were interesting me in the game in the first place. *sigh*

@Azz

I've given PLENTY of reasons why I hate Echoes.

It's got:

Bland, empty maps.

Characters that are either as bland as a piece of wood, or dumb as rocks.

A plot twist that flies in the face of one of the game's major themes.

Etc.

Note that I haven't attacked people that like Echoes without provocation. Plainsandfields does attack Fates/Awakening fans for no reason. Which is why he's almost as bad of a troll as Endgame.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Well, I could still detect the salt, and it's quite offputting.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

@Ertrick36 @Arthur97 You're trying to argue with the second biggest troll from the gamefaqs fandom, you know.

Everyone on GameFAQs is a troll, though :smug:

Though I'll do as you say anyway.  I'm just here to make snarky remarks and critique people's semantics like a damn ninny, not to get embroiled in Fates vs. Echoes drama.

So if Donnel is actually in this game, would you guys like to see him be kind of goofy in his moveset, maybe even use the pot for lols

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

So if Donnel is actually in this game, would you guys like to see him be kind of goofy in his moveset, maybe even use the pot for lols

He throws out his spear at the end of his combo, then throws his pot like a boomerang to get it back.

I need this in my life, much like the goo-slaps.

I want Donnel to hit so hard at the end of a super move that the pot flies off his head as he launches into the air. Upon landing he surveys what he accomplished for a moment before the pot lands back on his head and he flinches in pain before you regain control.

7 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

@Azz

I've given PLENTY of reasons why I hate Echoes.

It's got:

Bland, empty maps.

Characters that are either as bland as a piece of wood, or dumb as rocks.

A plot twist that flies in the face of one of the game's major themes.

Etc.

Note that I haven't attacked people that like Echoes without provocation. Plainsandfields does attack Fates/Awakening fans for no reason. Which is why he's almost as bad of a troll as Endgame.

Yes but why? You haven't shown us any reason as to why you think the characters are bland and which characters in specific, why is the plot twist bad, what maps are too bland? You can't just say something like what you have and no give examples and explain why you feel this way.

I'm not gonna keep this going since I don't want to derail the thread more than I potentially have.

11 hours ago, Jave said:

Guys, can we seriously not bring up people's reputations on other sites? I'd rather talk to people on SF without having my opinions on them affected by outside sources.

His Donnel topic here is tagged "Valentia sucks" and made a "rate the waifu" topic in the TMS subforum that got locked instantly.

He's shown that it's not worth taking him seriously.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

His Donnel topic here is tagged "Valentia sucks" and made a "rate the waifu" topic in the TMS subforum that got locked instantly.

Yeah, but I could bring specific posts of tons of perfectly fine members as excuses to "not to take them seriously".

If he's trolling, report him. No need to contaminate every thread with that stuff. 

Edited by Jave

15 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Come on, dude.

Can't you take a joke?

On July 3, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Jedi said:

On July 4, 2017 at 0:42 AM, DaloDask said:

He throws out his spear at the end of his combo, then throws his pot like a boomerang to get it back.

I need this in my life, much like the goo-slaps.

On July 4, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Gustavos said:

I want Donnel to hit so hard at the end of a super move that the pot flies off his head as he launches into the air. Upon landing he surveys what he accomplished for a moment before the pot lands back on his head and he flinches in pain before you regain control.

But he can't use the pot, don't you remember Donnel/Kellam Support Conversation Level B? His hair is one of the darkest secrets of all Awakening, more mysterious than both how the Grimleal stole Nagamas got their hands on the Jugdrali weapons and how Vincent and Victor got such trig 'aircuts, they can't just go showing it off to the general public!!!

Edited by SoulWeaver