Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

My current score is 12,648, and I've got three more runs I can do with the stamina I have. This is going much better than last time, probably because I figured out how to get things done in the first gauntlet. I think I'm going to shoot for 20k before the daily reset. 

Since I detailed all the teams I've used in the MVP thread, I won't do that here. But current first line team is Faye, Julia, Katarina, and Nowi. None of these girls are even close to maxing out HM, so they might have to carry me to the end. 

Other characters I'd like to use but need training:
Eldigan - He'd replace Xander on my back-up horse emblem team. Xander has maxed out SP and all the skills he could possible want. Eldigan's only level 14 however. 
Cecilia - She'd replace Titania on my horse emblem team. Currently level 33...haven't started giving her skill yet because I'd have to promote her 4 star copy to merge into the 5 star.
Mae - She's getting there. Level 29. I'd have her replace Faye so I can use a slot on my team for a healer or dancer. 
Ninian - She'd probably replace Nowi. She's level 37, and I haven't given her all the skills she needs quite yet.

It's just a question of whether or not I want to waste stamina training characters...or see this as a great opportunity to grind SP. ;A;

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

4 star Tobin get! Really happy to add Christopher Robin to my team.

Great, now I can't unsee that. XD

Maybe someone can math this up, but is it just me, or can you get about the same amount of points from 5 battles hard as you can with 5 battles lunatic? Might be a couple points off, but both give about 320 points.

Edited by Kaden

19 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Great, now I can't unsee that. XD

Maybe someone can math this up, but is it just me, or can you get about the same amount of points from 5 battles hard as you can with 5 battles lunatic? Might be a couple points off, but both give about 320 points.

No that tracks. Base value lunatic vs hard is 40 vs 35. Since both are 5 maps, both give the x5 multiplier for finishing the set. Survival, Speed & Bonus Unit multipliers are the same across all difficulties as well. You get roughly the same, but lunatic will give a smidge more over time. 

I think the math is something like...411 vs 470 on a perfect run. Adjust accordingly based on what your BU is, how long you take, deaths, etc.

29 minutes ago, r_n said:

No that tracks. Base value lunatic vs hard is 40 vs 35. Since both are 5 maps, both give the x5 multiplier for finishing the set. Survival, Speed & Bonus Unit multipliers are the same across all difficulties as well. You get roughly the same, but lunatic will give a smidge more over time. 

I think the math is something like...411 vs 470 on a perfect run. Adjust accordingly based on what your BU is, how long you take, deaths, etc.

Now that I look at it, a calculator could be easy given parameters. I'll give it an experiment.

Has anyone figured out what pace you need to keep to get to 40K for the Seal?

I've been using Boey, Alm, Reinhardt, Azura as my lead team.  It's been working well, but I need more SI for the Echoes boys, especially Alm.  I'll try to make the best use of it tomorrow for SP tomorrow.

I've got my Horse Emblem Team as back-up.

13 minutes ago, a bear said:

2858 for 40k, which if you wanna SP farm with 441 points per run (Hard 5, A/A, 40% bonus unit) is 6.5 runs a day.

Okay, I just got Tobin 4*, so I'm on a pretty good pace.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Px8woSV8PnphhdbrgG-6DMFtyy0B4aDmiRYWmmCcqM/edit?usp=sharing

I tried my hand at making a tracker, and came up with this. I'm not sure how to incorporate the current time aspect of the other one (and my GUI is rather horrible, I just wanted to get this functional), but considering I learned two new functions to make it work, I'm proud of what I managed.

9 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Yep, I guess the last TT spoiled us by not having any melee infantry. This new map has the melee infantry placed precisely to dance Celica after she attacks somebody on the upper right defensive tile. Since there are so many melee infantry, the chances of getting a dancer are slim. But Ninian has wings of mercy, and Azura could be given a warp skill randomly since she lacks a B skill. Scary.

Ninian has Escape Route, not Wings of Mercy, which is a lot easier to deal with as an AI-controlled unit. If you never hit Ninian, she can't teleport.

My initial starting team of Faye/Katarina/Fae/S!Robin was 'eh' especially if I got to the last map because no one could take on Celica, so I decided to use part of my stamina today to grind and merge my four 5* Nowi and changing my team a bit to Faye/Katarina/Julia/Nowi. Been working much better, especially since Nowi can destroy Celica thanks to TA and QR if she's healthy enough, which is why Julia both has Breath of Life 3 and the Breath of Life seal. 10HP AoE heal is great when I don't have room to run a healer.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Px8woSV8PnphhdbrgG-6DMFtyy0B4aDmiRYWmmCcqM/edit?usp=sharing

I tried my hand at making a tracker, and came up with this. I'm not sure how to incorporate the current time aspect of the other one (and my GUI is rather horrible, I just wanted to get this functional), but considering I learned two new functions to make it work, I'm proud of what I managed.

I think I'm doing okay with the Lunatic 7 Mode, and can usually get at least A/B.  Boey with Renew and Reciprocal Aid works as a pseudo-healer.  Gonna give a similar set-up to Alm, once I get enough SP.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I think I'm doing okay with the Lunatic 7 Mode, and can usually get at least A/B.  Boey with Renew and Reciprocal Aid works as a pseudo-healer.  Gonna give a similar set-up to Alm, once I get enough SP.

If you're close to 4* Tobin, you'll need ~51 more runs.

Can you save a copy yourself? If not, I'll need to figure that out.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If you're close to 4* Tobin, you'll need ~51 more runs.

Can you save a copy yourself? If not, I'll need to figure that out.

Not sure how to edit it, but I'm at 6940 points right now.  I should be able to do a lot more tomorrow, since I only really got to play after work today.  I'll probably splurge on the Stamina to take advantage of the SP Bonus.  As I skill out my units, the runs will get easier, too.  The toughest map for me seems to be that Mountain Chokepoint one, since depending on the enemies, can be a real pain.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not sure how to edit it, but I'm at 6940 points right now.  I should be able to do a lot more tomorrow, since I only really got to play after work today.  I'll probably splurge on the Stamina to take advantage of the SP Bonus.  As I skill out my units, the runs will get easier, too.  The toughest map for me seems to be that Mountain Chokepoint one, since depending on the enemies, can be a real pain.

It's intentional- view only. Allowing edits to the Master copy might wind up with conflicts that make it challenging to use. I think there's a way to save a copy on your own Drive, like last time.

49 runs remaining, which is 7/day for a week. You've got plenty of breathing room if you can keep pace.

Anyone happen to know what the rank requirements were for the last TT?  I expect them to be a little lower this time around.  I'm wondering if 110,000 will be enough.  I would think after 99,999 most of the high rank people will just quit.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

She'll be out in a fortnight regardless of whether Vax gets 10 clears or 10,000 clears.

What if the Tempest is just a collection of infinite parallel universes, so you have to free as many Celicas in as many universes as possible?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

The real Celica’s prison is your waifu chest.

Nope, she's hanging out on the pedastal, having some tea.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Nope, she's hanging out on the pedastal, having some tea.

You sure that’s not a disguised Kagero?

Edited by Vaximillian