New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's kind of bad that, we as a community, associate a character with a specific member of the community. Not that it's their fault, but we kind of create an echo chamber of discussion when character interpretations outside of the person who ends up being the "authority" gets the loudest voice.

This includes shameful hindsight on my part from FEU as well.

I'm just hyped at the character intros and slightly disappointed that a few months before release in Japan, that we really only have E3 footage.

Hasn't that always happened though? It's not necessarily a bad thing, I think, as long as we don't take things too seriously.

I actually get rather amused when people bring up my name when Sakura is involved. At the same time, I wasn't exactly, say, rallying for her to become president during the War of the Clerics. Nor was I depressed when she lost (well only for a few minutes).

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That just makes Robin more sociable and likable as a person, imo, not necessarily better at tactics and strategy. But eh. xP

No, not what I mean. In Radiant Dawn, when he made a smart play on the enemies, and also when to make a negotiation effort, the emotional driven outburst from Skrimir caused the plan to ultimately fail and also put them in a bad spot.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, not what I mean. In Radiant Dawn, when he made a smart play on the enemies, and also when to make a negotiation effort, the emotional driven outburst from Skrimir caused the plan to ultimately fail and also put them in a bad spot.

That's because Skrimir is kind of an idiot that didn't want to follow the plan accordingly. Not Soren's fault. He still had a great plan.

Anyway, this is off topic. xP

I hope next we get an SD trailer. Marth is now the only one now with nobody from his turf to join him.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't see how Camilla being more popular guarantees that Minerva won't make it. Think about it, we have a ton of infantry sword users. Why can't we have more wyvern riders that includes Minerva?

But infantry sword users is kind of the default while Wyvren rider is more of a ''niche'' and probably significantly harder to animate as well.

If Minerva was still associated with lances I may feel differently but these days she wields a very fancy axe which brings her closer to Camilla. To close. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But infantry sword users is kind of the default while Wyvren rider is more of a ''niche'' and probably significantly harder to animate as well.

If Minerva was still associated with lances I may feel differently but these days she wields a very fancy axe which brings her closer to Camilla. To close. 

I personally think it's that fancy axe that would give her the edge, and she could also double as a flying lance user.

I'm not counting her out just yet.

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I personally think it's that fancy axe that would give her the edge, and she could also double as a flying lance user.

I'm not counting her out just yet.

Same. That fancy axe is actually somewhat of a legendary weapon, as it rivals the might of the 3 Regalia. Minerva really fits in the Shadow Dragon theme personally far more than Camilla ever does. 

I'd say both Minerva and Camilla are equally likely to get in the game. Mostly since Minerva can be a physical flier while Camilla can be more of a hybrid flier, and both have rather major roles in their games.

16 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hasn't that always happened though? It's not necessarily a bad thing, I think, as long as we don't take things too seriously.

I actually get rather amused when people bring up my name when Sakura is involved. At the same time, I wasn't exactly, say, rallying for her to become president during the War of the Clerics. Nor was I depressed when she lost (well only for a few minutes).

Says the man who created Sakura's Forrest.

Edited by Captain Karnage

18 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's kind of bad that, we as a community, associate a character with a specific member of the community. Not that it's their fault, but we kind of create an echo chamber of discussion when character interpretations outside of the person who ends up being the "authority" gets the loudest voice.

Way I think of it, it's like when we might associate Sonic or Warriors with Jedi.  Or when people might associate me or Arcanite with Oboro.  There's worse fates in the world than an internet alias of mine being associated with a character I actually like, and I'm sure most others feel the same way.

47 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Though I don't see why they wouldn't show a pegasus knight as soon as they can after they hyped up fliers through interviews.  I'm gonna throw it out there and guess the first lancer will be Caeda.

Do you have a source for this? I've speculated on fliers but was not sure if any were actually going to be in.

For Caeda, I actually think she will wield Swords like in her Heroes incarnation (and her original debut title instead of the remake Shadow Dragon) because Lances are covered by Hinoka and Axes by Camilla. There may be a chance for Aversa to serve as a "magic flier" which may be interesting. Of course, nothing is confirmed and this is but speculation.

As for the trailer, it's nice to see Robin be a "pure magic-user" and having confirmation on War Cleric Lissa. Seeing Frederick was a nice surprise and I dearly hope that the "pick a god and pray" line is included somewhere here since it was not included in Heroes. Lucina being in as also nice, but I do miss Laura Bailey voicing her. Alexis Tipton did all right with Spring Lucina and Palla in Echoes, but it is simply not the same...

I guess I'll wait for GameXplain's analysis machine to pick up every single detail, but what I saw was mostly just character introductions. Since Masked Marth is around I was expecting to see some Risen, but didn't see any in the trailer.

More Unit Speculation

Spoiler

So far, I think the following units have been confirmed for Warriors.

Warriors: Shion, Lian, Darios
Archanea: Marth
Awakening: Chrom, Robin, Frederick, Lissa, Lucina
Fates:
== Nohr: Xander
== Hoshido: Ryoma
== Revelations: F!Corrin

We are still lacking an Awakening Villain as well as a "face" for the antagonist of Warriors (unless that Dragon speaks and will play that role instead of just being the final boss). I'm still hoping Walhart gets in even though the Axe Cavalry niche is covered by Frederick, but I have a feeling someone else (Gangrel, Validar, Aversa) will serve as Awakening's bad guy instead. I wouldn't mind Gangrel because I liked him as a villain, but he is yet another sword user. Validar and Aversa are generic "dark magic people" and that role is easily fulfilled by Gharnef from Archanea. I really want to see Walhart as the Lu Bu, okay?

Given that Awakening's revealed cast is mostly just the Shepherds, I have a feeling that Warriors may play it safe and just stick with the "obvious" rosters. So, I am now speculating that the Fate's Royals will be the main figureheads for Hoshido and Nohr, while Corrin and her retainers make up the "Revelations" path. Archanea remains the wild card, I am unsure if they will just stick to Marth's initial roster or expand to include characters throughout the game.

Also, remember the roster sizes do not have to be even for each title. It is obvious Fates will have more than Awakening or Shadow Dragon due to its massive roster and the Hoshido vs Nohr conflict. Remember that Fates is technically "three separate games" as well. It's just a shame that other characters besides the Royals probably won't make it in. I would have loved to see Arthur running around delivering Justice! while Selena shot down enemies from horseback.

Speculation List

[9/10] Swords: Shion, Lian, Darios, Marth, Caeda, Chrom, Lucina, Xander, Ryoma, F!Corrin

[2/3] Axes: Frederick, Lissa, Camilla

[0/3] Lances: Camus, Azura, Hinoka

[1/6] Magic: Gharnef, Linde, M!Robin, Aversa, Leo, Elise

[0/3] Bows: Gordin, Takumi, Sakura

[2] Unknown: Original Villain, Original Something

Mounted Units: Camus, Frederick, Xander, Leo, Elise
Flying Units: Caeda, Camilla, Hinoka, Aversa

Xander - Camilla - Hinoka - Elise
Ryoma - Leo - Takumi - Sakura
F!Corrin - Azura

Chrom - M!Robin - Frederick - Lissa - Lucina - Aversa
Marth - Caeda - Gordin - Linde - Camus - Gharnef

Random Notes:
- Awakening needs a villain. Grima being used is a possibility, as well as Gangrel since the characters seem to be pulled before the main events. I would like Walhart, but the Axe Cavalry niche has been filled by Frederick. Validar and Aversa are also possibilities if going the Grima route, but Aversa also shows up for Gangrel if I recall correctly...
- Now that Swords and Axes have been established for Cavalry, Camus has to be in to fill out the Lance slot. He even has a custom Lance and everything! Unless they end up using Jagen, of course...
- I can see Selena from Fates making it in as a Bow Cavalry, but since Fates has plenty of representation already with the Royals, more characters seem unlikely.

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

Way I think of it, it's like when we might associate Sonic or Warriors with Jedi.  Or when people might associate me or Arcanite with Oboro.  There's worse fates in the world than an internet alias of mine being associated with a character I actually like, and I'm sure most others feel the same way.

Pun intended? :lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Soren did give in on the negotiations matter- the 3-4/General's Hand only happens because Soren gave into the Laguz's desire to fight once more before a peace is made. He then does his best to put together a strategy for one more victory, and it's not until right before the battle begins when Zelgius issues a challenge to Skrimir, which undoes Soren's grand strategy. And there is no way Soren could have predicted this would happen, because Begnion/Zelgius hadn't ever done such a thing before. And, Soren had in the past gotten Skrimir to yield to logic as in the case with Mugill in 3-1, and in having him be part of the strategy used in 3-4. Heck it's after 3-4 when Skrimir finally realizes strategy is very important and totally submits to the necessity of it.

As for Soren vs. Robin. Robin comes off as too perfect to me. Not that Soren is any less perfect (and I don't like it when strategists never fail), but at being an antisocial genius, he fits into the trope of a "beautiful, strange mind", which is better than Robin's "Avatar of Amazingness and Total Likability". I do like FE actually having dedicated tacticians though. But if I ever got into Heroes and Robin vs. Soren was in a gauntlet, I'd go down with the burning ship with Soren.

And @Captain Karnage, nice typo.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Says the man who created Sakura's Forrest.

Hey, it took less than one afternoon to make!

Anyway, despite everything, I'd be pretty happy to see Sakura and Elise sneaking into the roster. Who knows, they could have some fun interactions with Lissa and I guess Liana if she wasn't an older sister.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soren did give in on the negotiations matter- the 3-4/General's Hand only happens because Soren gave into the Laguz's desire to fight once more before a peace is made. He then does his best to put together a strategy for one more victory, and it's not until right before the battle begins when Zelgius issues a challenge to Skrimir, which undoes Soren's grand strategy. And there is no way Soren could have predicted this would happen, because Begnion/Zelgius hadn't ever done such a thing before. And, Soren had in the past gotten Skrimir to yield to logic as in the case with Mugill in 3-1, and in having him be part of the strategy used in 3-4. Heck it's after 3-4 when Skrimir finally realizes strategy is very important and totally submits to the necessity of it.

As for Soren vs. Robin. Robin comes off as too perfect to me. Not that Soren is any less perfect (and I don't like it when strategists never fail), but at being an antisocial genius, he fits into the trope of a "beautiful, strange mind", which is better than Robin's "Avatar of Amazingness and Total Likability". I do like FE actually having dedicated tacticians though. But if I ever got into Heroes and Robin vs. Soren was in a gauntlet, I'd go down with the burning ship with Soren.

I never said he DIDN'T give sound advice or strategies. It was just that he's not ready or able to handle guys that have the emotional issues through the war. 

Although I wouldn't say that Robin was a perfect tactician, as several times his plans have failed because of unexpected issues, same with Soren. But I think overall, Robin is just the slightly better tactician. I think we'd need several more tacticians before we can have a Grand Tactician battle. But if we do have a Gauntlet battle, I'm with Robin all the way. Just like I was with Robin as he was killed by Tharja.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Robin vs. Soren was in a gauntlet, I'd go down with the burning ship with Soren.

I see what you did there. lol

But I agree with your post too. Robin is kind of too perfect. I think he/she's okay as a character otherwise though.

If we had a tacticians gauntlet in Heroes, I'm not sure who I'd side with, honestly. I'm not real fond of any of the ones I can think of.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Do you have a source for this? I've speculated on fliers but was not sure if any were actually going to be in.

I'm pretty sure it was one of the interviews from earlier, but I'd have to sift through the forum just to find it and I don't feel like doing that right now...  Mostly because I'd have to skim through all the anger and strife from when it was first revealed that we'd be getting mostly characters from these three games... which is, like, over 200 posts.

6 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Pun intended? :lol::lol:

oh f*** me, I didn't notice; I can't believe I've finally gotten so bad with puns that I'm making them unintentionally

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hey, it took less than one afternoon to make!

On that note, did anyone find that one Cyan element?

45 minutes ago, Thane said:

Can't say I'm too fond of the voice acting; it sounds stale and a bit unemotional. I also think the characters look a bit stiff and like they're covered in plastic.

The VO is in this very awkward spot-- it's not hammy or cartoonishly entertaining, but neither is it really notable. It's just sitting there as sub-par; it's not so bad it's good, but it's just not good either. Like SoV's story.
Also, they specified in one of the recent interviews that they're trying to emulate the FMV style of Awakening/Fates with the graphics now that it's on more powerful hardware. I'm fine with it myself, though I think the shading could do with being a bit "softer" and less reflective.

13 minutes ago, Sire said:

The first Famitsu article specifically mentioned "Archers have an advantage against PKs" as an example of the class gameplay they're taking from the series. Plus, several characters in the E3 demo have rather high-flying attack strings; looks like there's some verticality in general in the combat.

I'm not too much interested in these character, Lucina was an obvious option for the game same as Robin... But I'm sad they didn't showed more gameplay, at least a bit of it to show how Lissa fights since she is the more interesthing from them since she is an axe user her. (unless there is more video and I just watched an extract, but I only see like cinematics)

Hope they make a Fates trailer too, I just want to see Takumi! I need to see my archers, since I'm going to play with archer, and if is one of my favorites better (because I'm sure Innes will not be in the game :( )

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's bad? Why, what's taken away from the reveal? When Echoes was announced, I was dying to see Ghast's reaction. I wasn't furious that somebody out there was more excited than me. Hell, unlike Frederick being included in Warriors, I would have thought remaking Gaiden was an awful idea. But the positivity and hope for the game won me over. 

Was already expecting Robin, Lissa, and Lou Cena due to the leak, but it's nice to see Lissa swingin' an axe around! Also, Frederick! He's super-cool!

Surprised they gave him an axe, I'd have thought he'd use lances since they're Great Knight's primary weapon and his starting weapon. I guess there's not much other opportunity to have a horseback axe user, though, unless Walmart gets in to slash prices with Wolf Berg.

14 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Was already expecting Robin, Lissa, and Lou Cena due to the leak, but it's nice to see Lissa swingin' an axe around! Also, Frederick! He's super-cool!

Surprised they gave him an axe, I'd have thought he'd use lances since they're Great Knight's primary weapon and his starting weapon. I guess there's not much other opportunity to have a horseback axe user, though, unless Walmart gets in to slash prices with Wolf Berg.

Fredrick often states he loves bringing down an axe, they probably went off that.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

In my opinion, Robin is Fire Emblem's best tactician. Marth is Fire Emblem's best leader. Ike is Fire Emblem's (arguably) strongest warrior. 

I would argue the Ike point as I think Chrom could give him a run for his money, but this is not the place.

1 hour ago, Folt said:

I'd say both Minerva and Camilla are equally likely to get in the game. Mostly since Minerva can be a physical flier while Camilla can be more of a hybrid flier, and both have rather major roles in their games.

I really don't see a problem with two Wyvern riders.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I never said he DIDN'T give sound advice or strategies. It was just that he's not ready or able to handle guys that have the emotional issues through the war. 

Although I wouldn't say that Robin was a perfect tactician, as several times his plans have failed because of unexpected issues, same with Soren. But I think overall, Robin is just the slightly better tactician. I think we'd need several more tacticians before we can have a Grand Tactician battle. But if we do have a Gauntlet battle, I'm with Robin all the way. Just like I was with Robin as he was killed by Tharja.

Well, Robin's base class is Tactician so it makes sense for him to be the best. As for the sociable thing, it also means he knows what his troops are capable of better than Soren might so he could better utilize them in combat. He also cares more about them so he'll try his hardest to make sure them come home alive. Plus, at this point, he is kind of the tactician for the series.

55 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

It's bad? Why, what's taken away from the reveal? When Echoes was announced, I was dying to see Ghast's reaction. I wasn't furious that somebody out there was more excited than me. Hell, unlike Frederick being included in Warriors, I would have thought remaking Gaiden was an awful idea. But the positivity and hope for the game won me over. 

Just ignore SoC, he's not exactly real fond of me. :P I don't dislike him though, I find him a pretty helpful member of the community. Besides, I AM surely the most active and notable Frederick fan here and my love for him is huge <3, so it's not all that surprising that I come to people's minds first when the guy shows up in this stuff. XD So don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong with this or waiting to see that Ghast reaction or whoever else's reaction to certain reveals. :)

Also, Vincent up there has no problem with it either and he's the admin!

Also, who else thinks Freddy needs to say "Pick a god and pray!" for one of his moves? He didn't get it in Heroes, so this game really needs to give it to him! It's the greatest line in Awakening, imo, and adds badassery to Frederick's bunch of characteristics!

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just ignore SoC, he's not exactly real fond of me. :P I don't dislike him though, I find him a pretty helpful member of the community. Besides, I AM surely the most active and notable Frederick fan here and my love for him is huge <3, so it's not all that surprising that I come to people's minds first when the guy shows up in this stuff. XD So don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong with this or waiting to see that Ghast reaction or whoever else's reaction to certain reveals. :)

Also, who else thinks Freddy needs to say "Pick a god and pray!" for one of his moves? He didn't get it in Heroes, so this game really needs to give it to him! It's the greatest line in Awakening, imo, and adds badassery to Frederick's bunch of characteristics!

He better say it when he goes into his Awakening State

While she was expected, I'm happy to see Lissa in the game. Her using an axe like a War Cleric was something that I was hoping she'd do ever since she was first leaked, and having that confirmed in the trailer was nice to see. Also, in terms of personal preference I'm happy to see Lucina brought as she was my favorite of the main three in Awakening, though I'm curious how they'll separate her out from the other Sword Infantry units.