Rate the video game song above

Nobody

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Settlers series is the best piece of videogames (PC game to be more precise) my county has to offer. Idk how many parts it has now but only the early parts (1-4) are very recommendable. It's a building up simulation where you estalish the economy of an ancient folk and make it fit for war.
The graphics and the sign of the series because you'll enjoy when each single person is working. It's really adorable!
It's also adorable but less nice when they're striking. If happens when they're homeless.
Settlers III was in late 90s and early 2000s the same what FE10 is to me now. A game I'm obessed with.

Anyways the theme: Again peppy with a nice melody. 

Catherine - Revolutionary Etude

Gives off an aura of mystery. Very tranquil, but also makes you nervous somehow, as if despite the wonder and awe there's the threat of something dangerous around the corner. Fitting for the point in the game where it plays. 7.7/10.

Castle Theme - New Super Mario Bros.

9 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Gives off an aura of mystery. Very tranquil, but also makes you nervous somehow, as if despite the wonder and awe there's the threat of something dangerous around the corner. Fitting for the point in the game where it plays. 7.7/10.

Castle Theme - New Super Mario Bros.

Ehhh, it's alright 6/10

Confrontation with the Enemy from Xenoblade Chronicles:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhCCI8khCW4

A little funky at the beginning, but you get to hear the obscure Wrecking Crew roots, then it gets a little poppy with the voice "ahs". But it then moves in a gentle tune that's uplifting and wouldn't make a bad battle theme or upbeat story event music. I'd expect music for a DDR to be good, seeing how that's so important to it, and it really is. 8.7/10

Now act quickly! Remember, once the music ends the bonuses wear off. Here comes the special attack!

Love's Vagrant from Bravely Default

I far prefer the themes in Bravely Default to the ones in Second (despite the fact that I haven't actually played either game). That said, this one is likely one of the best special move themes, and the accordion really makes this one stand out. 9/10.

Battle! Primal Groudon/Kyogre - Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire

(Is new to this so hopes he does it right)

Ahh Primal Kyogre/Groudon, I'll definitely say that it builds up very well and gives the impression of battling a truly powerful opponent, plus the faint theme of the original ruby/sapphire games gives me nostalgia. I'd say 8/10, as I do like other tracks in the OR/AS soundtrack and this one simply loops with the same theme.

Infinity at the area where it EXCEEDS  - Super Robot Taisen (official name in the west, known as Super Robot Wars in Japan) OG Saga Endless Frontier EXCEED

Not a terrible final battle theme, but at the same time I don't think it's great. Not having experienced said game (I would have bought it though had it gone international), it lacks the emotional drama and buildup which it would have if I had actually played it. 7.5/10, I'm being a tad merciful.

Now I'm in the SRW mood, I'll pick a classic which you WILL listen to like it or not. Why? Because it overrides everything.

Trombe!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a terrible final battle theme, but at the same time I don't think it's great. Not having experienced said game (I would have bought it though had it gone international), it lacks the emotional drama and buildup which it would have if I had actually played it. 7.5/10, I'm being a tad merciful.

Now I'm in the SRW mood, I'll pick a classic which you WILL listen to like it or not. Why? Because it overrides everything.

Trombe!

This song is really damn catchy, AND I LOVE IT!! 9/10

uhhh, here's two, 

One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy 7:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

Battle! (Cyrus) From Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5dBmWml34

6.8/10. It's nice, but it's really all over the place with its instruments. Some of the instruments are really odd choices for what sounds like it's trying to be a tropical theme, such as the sitar. Granted, I'm not at all familiar with the game or area, but still, I don't think it completely works. I do enjoy how it opens up into a big yet calm choir towards the end, though.

Underground Ruins - Okamiden

Ah Okamiden, it was nice Okami got a followup game, but being a diminutive game on a much weaker system, it cannot truly match up at all with the real deal (and I disliked the use time travel in this one). Not to say it's bad, but Okami 2, if Takamagahara ever permit it come into being, will blow it out of the water. Maybe they could do two separate storylines for O2, a lighthearted heartwarming one with Chibi and friends to resolve the unresolved at 'miden's end, while Ammy and Waka handle the dark and the serious stuff.

Oh, the music! Sorry, I just wanted to get that out of my system. Don't recall this too much, but this is from the magnetism dungeon right? Not bad, but nothing spectacular, it's relaxed and nothing grating, which is what you want for a dungeon, and the tune suit it being underground. 6/10

I was actually thinking of doing an Okami track eariler, I'll just go with a better known one.

Shinshu Field from Okami

7 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Have never listened to an Okami track before, but it definitely fits the name of being a field. It sounds pretty peaceful to me but also upbeat like there's some traveling involved, which me looking at the location this theme definitely fits! 8.5/10.

Lightning Battle - Kid Icarus Uprising

Love this song, 9/10 easily

Battle! (Champion) sinnoh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rXefFHRgyE0