Rate the video game song above

Nobody

7.5/10
The restless piano and the slower melody on top of it fit together nicely. Depending on how long this is playing ingame, it might be a bit too restless, though.

Baba Yetu - Title song of Civilization IV

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that based on a Civ2 track or is anything from Civ4 or 5 based on it? I know that theme, but I have played exactly one game of Civ3 in my life, and that was at least 12 years ago. Anyways, very catchy theme, great percussion, 9/10.

To keep the Civ run going:
World of Jules Verne - Civ2, Fantastic Worlds

Good, but a bit... exchangeable? It probably works quite well as a boss theme (which I suppose it is), but it doesn't really differentiate itself from other heavy-ish guitar themes. 6.5/10

A pirate I was meant to be - Curse of Monkey Island

I feel it could actually fit in Star Wars albeit in higher quality. Kinda catchy, seems to be a theme of distress or the like. But it isn't quite perfect. 6.7/10

As PC games were mentioned, I feel like this one counts. Scape Main - Runescape

Sounds better at 125% speed, lacking a bit of drive otherwise. 5.5/10

Terra's Theme (and the overworld theme for the first third of the game or so) - Final Fantasy VI

Sad, which makes sense.

That's about all I can say. It's very sorrowful. However, I do feel there is a slight sound of peace, like despite Mipha's death she still cares for Link and will still fight for Hyrule beyond the pain. 8.4/10.

Lillie's Theme - Pokemon Sun and Moon

8/10. The beginning is graceful and quiet. As it goes on you can hear elements of her mother's themes, and the tone becomes quite sinister, which is a great hint at her role in the story. It's really weird, though, I don't remember hearing this in-game.

Dreamyard - Pokemon Black and White.