Rate the video game song above

Nobody

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was never a fan of this game but Megalovania impressed me. This theme is also very good. Reminds me of 90s fighting game music. 9/10

Never Give Up (Final Boss Theme) - Megadimension Neptunia VII
2:13 is best part so feel free to skip ahead

The oriental feeling is real via the constant vibrations and chimes, which also contribute a peaceful nature feeling to it. The flute and stringed instrument are strangely more... South Asian? It's a bit chaotic and bit noisy, but to fair this Temple isn't the most action packed of them due to all the time you spend under water, so I guess it contributes the noise to this otherwise wet temple of silence? 7/10

Global Terminal from Pokemon Platinum

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

For me, this music conjured harrowing imagery of a country or mind in a state of unholy disaster, or better yet an epic final battle, and was certainly apropos for its context. Therefore:

@Randoman: You, sir, have great taste in music! 100%!

Unfortunately, I have nothing that good. Europa Universalis IV - Purple Phoenix DLC: At the Gates of Constantinople

Sounds distressful, which makes sense. The beginning fits a sort of suspenseful distress while the middle turns into sorrow, before going back to fearful and repeating in some senses. Strange how it can display so much emotion. 8.3/10.

Great Plains - Fantasy Life

Not bad, I don't recall FFIV's soundtrack so well. It isn't at all bad, but of course it's more limited than that of the later SNES FFs. Good music for the final dungeons, since it has an element finality in it, a calm one, with self-reflection on the long journey which shall soon end. 8.3/10

Grahf Emperor of Darkness from Xenogears

Begins quaint  and silent, then slowly the instruments build up to show the true melody. It sounds very powerful, sad, and triumphant at the same time. Never played the game, but I'd believe it if it was a final boss theme. 9.3/10.

Never played this game either, but Godsibb - Xenosaga III: Also sprach Zarathustra.