What character from Sacred Stones do you want to see in Heroes?

Sacred Stones characters in Heroes  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sacred Stones character do you want to see in Heroes?

• Joshua
    • Myrrh
    • Amelia
    • Seth
    • Lute
    • Innes
    • Colm
    • Natasha
    • Neimi
    • L'Arachel
    • Cormag
    • Other (comment who you'd choose)

53 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

They're not pronounced the same, IIRC. "Fae" used to be "Fa" and "Faye" is pronounced as "Fei" or "Fay" or whatever in SoV

We don't know how Fae is intended to be pronounced until NoA or NoE actually pronounced it for us. Until then, we still have Faye and Feh, but Fae will join eventually.

Japan also has no issue with those names since Fae is ファ (Fa, romaji: fa), Faye is エフィ (Efi, romaji: efi), and Feh is フェー (Feh, romaji: fē).

4 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Well, yes, but I mean in the English translation. Theoretically, if she was in the game, how would the developers implement her without causing confusion for the players?

Japan has two pairs of playable characters with identical names (unless I've forgotten someone), リンダ (FE1/3/11/12 Linde, "Rinda" in Japan, and FE4 Linda, "Linda" in Japan) and カムイ (FE2/15 Kamui, "Kamui" in Japan, and FE14 Corrin, "Kamui" in Japan). Cipher got around the issue of Kamui with カムイ(男), カムイ(女), and カムイ(バレンシア) (Kamui (M), Kamui (F), and Kamui (Valentia), respectively) since titles are not used to identify characters (characters with the same name, but different title, still count as the same character).

Heroes can simply identify its characters by title. Honestly, I don't think players will be too confused by two different characters having the same name. I mean, they'll have to deal with it at some point anyways with Arthur, too.

And I don't think Japan cares that NoA is going to have problems with their dumb name choices. They're probably still laughing their asses off at what happened with RiceloadCaeldori.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Different titles

Selena - Cutting Wit

Selena - Flourspar

I wonder if they'll just say "Oops" and give SS!Selena her Japanese name. The pronunciation is (almost) the same so I personally wouldn't mind too much.

Slightly off-topic, but why do you think they gave us a Sacred Stones GHB? From my understanding, SS is the black sheep of the FE family now that Gaiden's been "revived" into the spotlight (not to mention the seeming consensus here that IS hates the game). Do you think it was just a matter of "We had to do SS eventually..." or is FE8 more popular than I thought? (It was my first FE and I love it so that would make me very happy indeed :P)

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

From my understanding, SS is the black sheep of the FE family now that Gaiden's been "revived" into the spotlight

I would give that title to FE5 personally. 

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

Does anyone actually care if we have Selena and Selena? People aren't stupid, they're going to understand the difference between the two. 

You're giving the internet (and humanity as a whole) waaaaaaaay too much credit there, my friend. (Or maybe I'm just cynical, but I've seen people get confused or freak out over much less.)

Edited by DefyingFates

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

but I've seen people get confused or freak out over much less.)

OMG WHY IS TRUNKS' HAIR IN DRAGON BALL SUPER BLUE????? 0/10 I'M DROPPING THIS SHOW

Yeah the internet is full of idiots, especially people on reddit and... the other parts of reddit. 4chan is better than reddit because those guys at least know that they're trash but reddit users actually think they're smart LUL

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

OMG WHY IS TRUNKS' HAIR IN DRAGON BALL SUPER BLUE????? 0/10 I'M DROPPING THIS SHOW

Yeah the internet is full of idiots, especially people on reddit and... the other parts of reddit. 4chan is better than reddit because those guys at least know that they're trash but reddit users actually think they're smart LUL

new sonic's legs are too long!!!!! 1.5/10 I'm not a monster

I can kinda see what they mean though his legs take up like half his total height.

Know what, I have changed my mind on selena, this seems like too much of a headache, let's add rennac instead. because everyone wants that rogue whose only defining characteristic is being able to open locks with his hands.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

new sonic's legs are too long!!!!! 1.5/10 I'm not a monster

I can kinda see what they mean though his legs take up like half his total height.

Know what, I have changed my mind on selena, this seems like too much of a headache, let's add rennac instead. because everyone wants that rogue whose only defining characteristic is being able to open locks with his hands.

Selena can wait. We don't need another horse mage >:(

Selena is one of the few characters in this series that has a last name, maybe put that in? Selena Flourspar. Maybe there isn't enough space to display a name that long. What is the longest name currently in Heroes? Reinhardt, Frederick, Priscilla and Gwendolyn are all rocking a 9 letter name.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japan has two pairs of playable characters with identical names (unless I've forgotten someone), リンダ (FE1/3/11/12 Linde, "Rinda" in Japan, and FE4 Linda, "Linda" in Japan) and カムイ (FE2/15 Kamui, "Kamui" in Japan, and FE14 Corrin, "Kamui" in Japan). Cipher got around the issue of Kamui with カムイ(男), カムイ(女), and カムイ(バレンシア) (Kamui (M), Kamui (F), and Kamui (Valentia), respectively) since titles are not used to identify characters (characters with the same name, but different title, still count as the same character).

wasn't there a kid in fe14 who had the same name as gray in japanese? 

3 minutes ago, unique said:

wasn't there a kid in fe14 who had the same name as gray in japanese? 

Indeed. グレイ (FE2/15 Gray, "Gray" in Japan, and FE14 Asugi, "Gurei" in Japan).

Yeah. This Selena thing already exists. No reason to get all worked up about it.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Gurei is an anagram of Guire. Asugi is an anagram of Gaius.

So the Not!FE13 characters had anagrams of the FE13 character's names, making it hard to actually come up with a name that means something, I take it? Caeldori sounds... weird. That doesn't mean anything apart being an anagram of Cordelia, right?

I want everyone lol except maybe Seth and Natasha because I don't care for them, but my priority is Innes, I need him more than anyone, well, he and Mhyrr are priority in my list

After some thought and pie in the sky thinking, I honestly could see them doing the double banner of 3 like with Alm and Celica's armies but have them be based upon Ephraim and Eirika's paths.

Even if no character is route specific, the fact that the Grand Hero battle takes place on Scorched Sands could be an excuse to make the banner filled with characters gotten on Scorched Sands.

So Eirika's Banner could have Innes and Saleh while Ephraim's would have Knoll and Duessel.

As far as other units to round out the list Cormag has to be obtainable so he can fight Valter or I riot. Since the cut scene showing why Cormag should kill Valter happens on Eirika's path they should stick him there.

For units to add to Ephraim's banner they could go with Kyle or Forde since they are the knights by his side, but I think it is a little too soon for another lance cavalier. They could throw in Amelia to round out the grado characters (Apart from Natasha) and give Donnel competition as a lance villager.

So that would be a banner with an archer, a mage that could be red or blue mage, and a lance wyvern and another banner with a red mage, axe cavalier, and a lance infantry/another cavalier.

Honestly I want all of them (anyone playable in main game or creature campaign + Vigarde), but since this is asking for a single pick, I voted Myrrh. I'd really rather she not be green though. I get that we need another green dragon and all, but I'd really hope to spare her the fate of being in that slot. Green dragon is just such an unfortunate weapon type to be stuck with, she really shouldn't be subject to that and a weakness to bows. Also, she always struck me as being a better fit for red dragon.

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Selena is one of the few characters in this series that has a last name, maybe put that in? Selena Flourspar.

Fluorspar isn't a last name- it's her title. Unlike the other Gemstone Generals of Grado, for some reason her name flows well into her title, without the need of "the" as in "Valter the Clefairy Moonstone".

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Slightly off-topic, but why do you think they gave us a Sacred Stones GHB? From my understanding, SS is the black sheep of the FE family now that Gaiden's been "revived" into the spotlight (not to mention the seeming consensus here that IS hates the game). Do you think it was just a matter of "We had to do SS eventually..." or is FE8 more popular than I thought? (It was my first FE and I love it so that would make me very happy indeed :P)

Not sure why exactly. Gaiden's remake might be it, but it could be they just wanted to add a unit from a game which has been rather underrepresented so far. But then the question becomes "why not Jugdral?- we need Banners and GHBs for both FE4 gens and FE5" or "why not RD?". I'm just happy they're filling in the gaps in the series and giving the older games attention, even as they cater to the giant 13-14 crowd via swimsuits and gauntlets.

I don't think IS hates SS, but the playable cast is a little on the small side and it lacks anything of a sequel, so the world overall is quite small, though bigger than Gaiden/SoV at least. The game itself never got that much attention from the developers, the decision to make SS was rather sudden apparently. Even worse, it was being developed alongside Path of Radiance, which being on a console and needing all new assets and featuring much more gameplay innovation, took the lion's share of IS's resources. Resources that IS brought back and refined for PoR's intended-from-the-get-go sequel RD. SS was also released at the end of the GBA's lifespan, which didn't do well for the game's sales.

I'll agree with @Book Bro that since Awakening, Gaiden has been fading from black to grey, and that it's more Jugdral, and Thracia 776 in particular, which is becoming the black sheep. Not to say Gaiden/SoV is totally "white" now, it has very unique mechanics still in terms of promotions and inventory management, but Thracia's own gameplay twists may be in total more unique now. SS is just a less radical Gaiden/SoV, and since Awakening it is hardly black at all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Off that list? Lute. 

As for the banner? Ross, Lute, Colm, Joshua. You can swap out Colm or Joshua with Seth as he's very likely to show up.

• Ross: Green Infantry Axe with Hatchet+ (Distant Counter)
  • Lute: Blue Tome Cavalry
  • Joshua: Red Sword Infantry (Slaying Edge+)
  • Colm: Grey Dagger (Kard+)

Ross makes sense as a Distant Counter user because he's the only unit in the game that comes with a Hatchet. Lute is the only unit in SS you can promote into a Mage Knight and you have no other way to get one in the main Campaign so being Cavalry makes sense. Joshua is Joshua and Colm is a good chance at a Dagger with Cooldown -1. Myrrh is also a good candidate for Hone Dragons.

Innes, Tana, Gerik and Marisa are also popular choices but I'm bias towards my favorites of course.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Off that list? Lute. 

As for the banner? Ross, Lute, Colm, Joshua. You can swap out Colm or Joshua with Seth as he's very likely to show up.

• Ross: Infantry Axe with Hatchet+ (Distant Counter)
  • Lute: Blue Tome Cavalry
  • Joshua: Sword Infantry (Slaying Edge+)
  • Colm: (Kard+)

Ross makes sense as a Distant Counter user because he's the only unit in the game that comes with a Hatchet. Lute is the only unit in SS you can promote into a Mage Knight and you have no other way to get one in the main Campaign so being Cavalry makes sense. Joshua is Joshua and Colm is a good chance at a Dagger with Cooldown -1.

Innes, Tana, Gerik and Marisa are also popular choices but I don't see any of them particularly standing out. It's possible, but I'm bias towards my favorites of course.

L'Arachel can become a Mage Knight. Maybe she should become a Valkyrie instead, but in the same way Lute should probably become a Sage instead. Also, why not give Joshua Audhulma?

4 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

L'Arachel can become a Mage Knight. Maybe she should become a Valkyrie instead, but in the same way Lute should probably become a Sage instead. Also, why not give Joshua Audhulma?

The same reason you wouldn't give Ross/Garcia Garm or Seth Vidofnir. These are sacred weapons you could give to literally anyone in the game so it doesn't make sense to tie them to a random unit. Then you would have cherry picked units running around with 16 MT uninheritable legendary weapons and people would scream bias at IS.

IE, Miledy from FE6 with Malte. Special units like CYL Lyn as an archer could work with Reinfleche from FE7, but cases like those are special and don't apply to the general masses. I wish there was a place for Valkyries in Heroes, they are my favorite mounted class in FE.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

The same reason you wouldn't give Ross/Garcia Garm or Seth Vidofnir. These are sacred weapons you could give to literally anyone in the game so it doesn't make sense to tie them to a random unit. Then you would have cherry picked units running around with 16 MT uninheritable legendary weapons and people would scream bias at IS.

Very true, but to make a defense of Joshua...

Spoiler

He is the Prince/King of Jehanna. Audhulma is one of Jehanna's Sacred Twins and he is a Myrmidon. All of it aligns nicely towards him getting Audhulma. Though again your objects are quite solid.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Very true, but to make a defense of Joshua...

Hide contents

He is the Prince/King of Jehanna. Audhulma is one of Jehanna's Sacred Twins and he is a Myrmidon. All of it aligns nicely towards him getting Audhulma. Though again your objects are quite solid.

Heroes blow all the spoilers off the lid, like Julia being Seliph's half-sister or Ninian being a dragon, and since the twins come after the game, I'm sure the others will too and all spoilers shall be blown too, no need to hide it.