Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

From my knowledge of Warriors spin-offs (being Hyrule Warriors, Arslan Warriors and Pirate Warriors), side modes tends to be the bulk of the game compared to the main story.

I mean look at Hyrule Warriors. 90% of the game is in side modes. You play the story mode a few times to get all the collectables then you move on to adventure mode which takes hours. Then there is challenge mode etc.

I say FE Warriors story will be longer than Hyrule Warriors, but I highly doubt it will be the main attraction to play FE Warriors. If Hyruel Warriors is anything to go by, the plot will be fairly cookie cutter and meh all around.

I didn't think HW's story was that bad. Certainly not a masterpiece, but it's okay for what it is. It doesn't do anything stupid or offensive.

HW still only had like four different modes. Regardless of how long each took to do.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

I mean look at Hyrule Warriors. 90% of the game is in side modes. You play the story mode a few times to get all the collectables then you move on to adventure mode which takes hours. Then there is challenge mode etc.

And you could still play with alternate costumes (even if cutscenes didn't show them) in Story Mode too, couldn't you?

1 minute ago, a bear said:

And you could still play with alternate costumes (even if cutscenes didn't show them) in Story Mode too, couldn't you?

You could, but alternate costumes didn't affect the in-battle dialogue. Here it would have to, else you'd have male Robin talking about the mission while female Robin is the one on-screen.

21 minutes ago, Azz said:

From my knowledge of Warriors spin-offs (being Hyrule Warriors, Arslan Warriors and Pirate Warriors), side modes tends to be the bulk of the game compared to the main story.

I say FE Warriors story will be longer than Hyrule Warriors, but I highly doubt it will be the main attraction to play FE Warriors. If Hyruel Warriors is anything to go by, the plot will be fairly cookie cutter and meh all around.

most if the appeal to warriors, at least to me, is the campaign map. Large part of the appeal comes from unique mission objectives and scenarios, while other mode were like 20 objectives on constant repeat for the next hundred battles.

So with even more Awakening characters confirmed, what are the chances of Ike, Roy, Alm, and Celica, given that they all have Amiibo and seem to be the frontrunners for non Awakening/Fates/SD characters. If none of them make it in the base games, I refuse to buy this game and will never support IS in any of their future FE related endeavors. I'm sick of them not acknowledging older fans, who stuck with them through thick and thin.

Edited by Dandee Leone

It's still weird that they share Exp and bond levels since, no matter your opinions on their individuality (Robin hive mind?), they are two separate physical entities and should not share such things, but I get it, it's a game mechanic and sometimes concessions need to be made. With that said, could other characters get in as alts? It seems like a waste not to artificially expand the roster for redundant characters since it's already there. Like Sumia over Cordelia. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's still weird that they share Exp and bond levels since, no matter your opinions on their individuality (Robin hive mind?), they are two separate physical entities and should not share such things, but I get it, it's a game mechanic and sometimes concessions need to be made. With that said, could other characters get in as alts? It seems like a waste not to artificially expand the roster for redundant characters since it's already there. Like Sumia over Cordelia. 

I think male Corrin is pretty much soft-confirmed, and maybe Tiki will have her older self, but otherwise I think that's about it.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

I think male Corrin is pretty much soft-confirmed, and maybe Tiki will have her older self, but otherwise I think that's about it.

Shame, since they're already doing it, they might as well go all out. Plus, it's probably about the only way we're getting Sumia or Cherche.

4 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

So with even more Awakening characters confirmed, what are the chances of Ike, Roy, Alm, and Celica, given that they all have Amiibo and seem to be the frontrunners for non Awakening/Fates/SD characters. If none of them make it in the base games, I refuse to buy this game and will never support IS in any of their future FE related endeavors. I'm sick of them not acknowledging older fans, who stuck with them through thick and thin.

Says a guy who uses the Takumi badge and sides with Nohr.

Honestly, I don't like that older games aren't included in this either (in fact, I was pissed at first), but this is a really harsh and extreme reaction. And didn't you know that people within Koei themselves were upset they couldn't get certain characters in?

I won't disagree that IS should care a bit more about older fans, but still.

And it's quite possible that we'll get a sequel with more games represented.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Says a guy who uses the Takumi badge and sides with Nohr.

Honestly, I don't like that older games aren't included in this either (in fact, I was pissed at first), but this is a really harsh and extreme reaction. And didn't you know that people within Koei themselves were upset they couldn't get certain characters in?

I won't disagree that IS should care a bit more about older fans, but still.

And it's quite possible that we'll get a sequel with more games represented.

Yes, but my demands are minor. I am not asking for the whole worlds of Tellius, Elibe, and Valentia to be represented. I am simply asking for one of those 4 characters. if NONE of them make it in, then to call this game "Fire Emblem" Warriors is a ridiculous, especially wen you can't even get the most popular character who also has an amiibo in the game.

Edited by Dandee Leone

I just thought about how cool it'd've been if the story played out like Warriors Orochi 3, with a lot of unavoidable character deaths in the story, but then once you save certain characters, you could go back and change the past, saving characters, but leading to other changes in the future. With the outrealms, timeskips and enemy recruiting, I think that would've fit Fire Emblem's style a lot.

Alas, I don't think FEW will try to go the extra mile in that regard, not that I think it needs to, but it would've been awesome if done right.

6 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Yes, but my demands are minor. I am not asking for the whole worlds of Tellius, Elibe, and Valentia to be represented. I am simply asking for one of those 4 characters. if NONE of them make it in, then to call this game "Fire Emblem" Warriors is a ridiculous, especially wen you can't even get the most popular characters who also has an amiibo in the game.

They confirmed way back in May that the roster is exclusively from SD, Awakening, and Fates.

You're preeetty late to the party.

Just now, The DanMan said:

They confirmed way back in May that the roster is exclusively from SD, Awakening, and Fates.

You're preeetty late to the party.

There was some ambiguity in whether or not they said "mostly" or "only" from those three games. 

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

There was some ambiguity in whether or not they said "mostly" or "only" from those three games. 

The OCs exist, so even if it's mostly, that doesn't mean that any characters from games outside of SD/Fate/Awakening will be available.

And calling it Fire Emblem Warriors would be fine even if only one game was represented.  It is a warriors game with Fire Emblem characters, just not from every game.  That's like saying Persona Q should be called something else because it only has characters from Persona 3 and 4 playable.

18 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Yes, but my demands are minor. I am not asking for the whole worlds of Tellius, Elibe, and Valentia to be represented. I am simply asking for one of those 4 characters. if NONE of them make it in, then to call this game "Fire Emblem" Warriors is a ridiculous, especially wen you can't even get the most popular characters who also has an amiibo in the game.

I understand this, I really want Ike too. And I'd love Ephraim. But they could be DLC. HW got DLC for other Zelda games, so it's quite plausible.

47 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Yes, but my demands are minor. I am not asking for the whole worlds of Tellius, Elibe, and Valentia to be represented. I am simply asking for one of those 4 characters. if NONE of them make it in, then to call this game "Fire Emblem" Warriors is a ridiculous, especially wen you can't even get the most popular character who also has an amiibo in the game.

Okay, so they lose you as a customer because your demands aren't met.  So what?

There's nothing wrong with calling it Fire Emblem Warriors - IMO it's more diverse than TMS, and I don't mind the latter being brought up in FE discussions.

16 hours ago, Tsak said:

in smash they take no time to make, sure. If its an actual clone it wouldn't be a big deal.

But if its a new character as in different move set and all, that's sad times cuz we could of been getting more characters.
It just doesn't fit their narrative of oh there is too many sword lords, yet they're perfectly fine with making character swaps of stuff. We aren't even close all character revealed and we're already seeing swaps. If we get like 20 characters, 2 clones looks pretty big.

She reuses male Robin's battle cutscenes based on those shots, so she has to be a costume or complete clone. The confirmation that she can't be used in story mode once again pushes me toward complete clone though. They had no issues with allowing the player to use Dark Link in HW's story mode even though it made no sense storywise, so I'm not sure they'd draw a line here. Complete clone, but still separate character, also would make a lot of sense if bond conversations aren't limited to story mode.

F!Robin is looking more and more like an unlockable alt. M!Corrin will most likely share that fate, Not playable in story mode? That's expected. The real meat of the game would be outside story mode anyway. 

Interesting that no one has mentioned the possibility of Cordelia getting a Bond Conversation with Chrom. I hope she gets one. 

@ Stones: Tiki, most likely Nowi and either Keaton, Kaden, OC dragon, Medeus or Garon.

6 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Your demands aren't that minor..especially when they are already unlikely.

Sorry to say, but that's just how they had to do this game to keep it diverse enough. If even only Ike appeared we'd then have people ticked that other PoR/RD characters weren't included. It's easier to make a diverse roster if the pick from a smaller pool of titles and, sorry to say, Awakening and Fates are the most popular and recent while Shadow Dragon is a must due to having to include Marth.

Chances are this will be EXACTLY like Hyrule Warriors. It will initially feature only OCs and characters from the three most popular or logical titles and then expand to include more titles via DLC. I see us getting Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Hector personally,  with Ephraim & Eirika as possibilities as well.

I know how you feel though. I've loved Fire Emblem since seeing Marth & Roy in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Lyn, Eirika, Florina, Hector, Nephenee, and Mia are still some of my top favorite characters. That said, even with only this smaller selection of titles, I still love some of the characters revealed and some I hope to see, like Tharja and Camilla.

4 hours ago, NeonZ said:

She reuses male Robin's battle cutscenes based on those shots, so she has to be a costume or complete clone. The confirmation that she can't be used in story mode once again pushes me toward complete clone though. They had no issues with allowing the player to use Dark Link in HW's story mode even though it made no sense storywise, so I'm not sure they'd draw a line here. Complete clone, but still separate character, also would make a lot of sense if bond conversations aren't limited to story mode.

The difference here is mostly down to voice acting since Link's voice from Dark Link is 'fine' while mRobin's from fRobin may not be. Not to mention Link having Dark Link as an alt costume is nothing new, it was even in Breath of the Wild now.

45 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

The difference here is mostly down to voice acting since Link's voice from Dark Link is 'fine' while mRobin's from fRobin may not be. Not to mention Link having Dark Link as an alt costume is nothing new, it was even in Breath of the Wild now.

If you played with Dark Link, Proxi's portrait on the bottom of the screen still would use the standard HW Link, and although Dark Link would appear for in-game cutscenes, he'd be replaced by HW Link for the CGs. So, the presentation was rather inconsistent. For another example, in Pirate Warriors 3, they added a costume for a character called Tashigi based on a body swap incident from the series. The costume is actually meant to be someone else (Smoker) in her body, but because it is just a costume, it keeps her voice actress unchanged.

Koei has never locked specific costumes from modes like that, or added voice changes to them. I think if they were adding some new "tier" of costumes with special features they'd have highlighted it in that way, rather than presenting it as a character that can't be used in the story. Either way, the only (confirmed) difference between Female Robin being a clone character or some special costume is that if Female Robin is a character she'll need to gain levels by herself, rather than sharing them with male Robin.

Edited by NeonZ

I'm just concerned with how the Robins will be handled as far as cutscenes. Before the Awakening chapters begin, will Professor Oak appear in front of a cloaked Robin in a dark void and ask "are you a boy, or a girl?", prompting the player to choose?

And don't give me that crap about pokemon having no place in this universe. We already have Professor Rowan as a playable character.

1 hour ago, Gustavos said:

I'm just concerned with how the Robins will be handled as far as cutscenes. Before the Awakening chapters begin, will Professor Oak appear in front of a cloaked Robin in a dark void and ask "are you a boy, or a girl?", prompting the player to choose?

And don't give me that crap about pokemon having no place in this universe. We already have Professor Rowan as a playable character.

They've already said that it will be male Robin in the story, and female Robin will be restricted to side-modes.

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

They've already said that it will be male Robin in the story, and female Robin will be restricted to side-modes.

Basically this: She will not be usable for Story Mode (because M!Robin is there) so you can only use her for Free Play and Side Modes.