Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Even if Camilla got a last hour multiplier I doubt it could pull out a win. After the sad performance this last multiplier, I think it's a fair assumption there's not enough flags left to pass Ike even with a multiplier at that point.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Even if Camilla got a last hour multiplier I doubt it could pull out a win. After the sad performance this last multiplier, I think it's a fair assumption there's not enough flags left to pass Ike even with a multiplier at that point.

Don't underestimate the 7.5x bonus. She would only need about 4.5 Billion, and saving 400 flags until the final hour is a common practice.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn’s loss allowed Ike to win.

So you're implying that Ike would've had no chance of beating Lyn, huh? Betting against any one character to lose isn't particularly wise as long as the multiplier sticks around. As long as the discrepancy between the two teams isn't like Corrin vs. Gaius, there are no guarantees in the VG.

Just now, Hawk King said:

Don't underestimate the 7.5x bonus. She would only need about 4.5 Billion, and saving 400 flags until the final hour is a common practice.

Well the last multiplier still makes me think they're still out (though I personally have some left), but I'll be glad to be proven wrong and see a surprise turn of events.

The drama was certainly a spectacle, and the feathers are once again delicious.

Actually got more this time than from S!Gaius, guess I got lucky and there weren't any high multiplier hours during my sleep. Or maybe because I didn't burn as many flags on early x3/4 multipliers.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So you're implying that Ike would've had no chance of beating Lyn, huh? Betting against any one character to lose isn't particularly wise as long as the multiplier sticks around. As long as the discrepancy between the two teams isn't like Corrin vs. Gaius, there are no guarantees in the VG.

It wouldn't have been impossible for Ike to beat Lyn, but it might've been rather unlikely.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The multiplier is fine by me, and is going to stay.  It allows units that don't have a chance to remain competitive.  Did you see the results of the first gauntlet, pre-multiplier?  It was a massacre.  It might need some tweaking, so that people (nerds) don't sit on their feathers until the late multipliers, but it's fine.

I've seen a lot of Brave Units on my teams.  There are usually at least two on the battlefield.

So?  Why is that a problem?  It's still a massacre now.  It's just a mechanic comes in and takes the victory away from the other team so that people find it more "exciting". 

Why are people saying that Lyn would beat Ike when we just realized after the last battle that votes don't matter and the end result could easily come down to multipliers? Also, Ike did receive more votes in the CYL Heroes poll. 

I don't like Lyn or Ike, and I always thought Ike's fans, and Lucina's fans, for that matter, were super obnoxious. But no, after seeing how this gauntlet went, Lyn easily has the most obnoxious fanbase of them all. It's almost as though they think that sit on some sort of high horse and look down upon anyone else who like another lord character. 

Again, saying this as someone who doesn't particularly like either. Just something I noticed. 

37 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

So...., how could we have avenged Lyn other then destroying Camilla again?

Removing the multiplier so the character that deserves to win, wins.  The villain in this gauntlet is not Camilla.  She was just the receiver of stolen goods not the thief.

Edited by kcirrot

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

Why are people saying that Lyn would beat Ike when we just realized after the last battle that votes don't matter and the end result could easily come down to multipliers? Also, Ike did receive more votes in the CYL Heroes poll. 

Lyn's team was bigger than Ike's in round 2 though, Maybe not by a lot, but still.

As a member of the former Team Summer Leo, and to a lesser extent the former Team Lyn, I still like the multiplier and am glad it was implemented.  Without the multiplier, we'd be having curbstomps like Lucina/Camilla still, and I absolutely hated both those gauntlets because of the sheer predictability of them (as a member of Eirika/Ephraim in the former and Subaki/Minerva in the latter).  

At least now, I can't say with 100% certainty that the finalists will be X vs Y with X as the winner from the outset.  If I already know what's going to happen, why bother other than feathers?  There's no excitement, or suspense, or anything, outside of one exception that I didn't even participate in because I am devoted to best girl Eirika.  

Also, the multiplier was the one reason the only character I consider a favorite in this entire gauntlet stood a chance of even beating his first opponent.  Even though we still lost, unfortunately, I can't help but appreciate that we at least had a chance to win. 

8 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

I don't like Lyn or Ike, and I always thought Ike's fans, and Lucina's fans, for that matter, were super obnoxious. But no, after seeing how this gauntlet went, Lyn easily has the most obnoxious fanbase of them all. It's almost as though they think that sit on some sort of high horse and look down upon anyone else who like another lord character. 

Again, saying this as someone who doesn't particularly like either. Just something I noticed. 

Lyn's fans had the gauntlet stolen from under them.  We don't know who would win in a match of Ike v. Lyn and we may never know.  The game didn't let the team who actually had more supporters win.  It's not really that difficult to understand why people are upset. 

So really, whether Ike wins as expected or Camilla gets a double steal it really doesn't matter as there is no competition here anyway.  This 'contest' wouldn't be any less valid if we pulled names out of a hat.  

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

As a member of the former Team Summer Leo, and to a lesser extent the former Team Lyn, I still like the multiplier and am glad it was implemented.  Without the multiplier, we'd be having curbstomps like Lucina/Camilla still, and I absolutely hated both those gauntlets because of the sheer predictability of them (as a member of Eirika/Ephraim in the former and Subaki/Minerva in the latter).  

At least now, I can't say with 100% certainty that the finalists will be X vs Y with X as the winner from the outset.  If I already know what's going to happen, why bother other than feathers?  There's no excitement, or suspense, or anything, outside of one exception that I didn't even participate in because I am devoted to best girl Eirika.  

Also, the multiplier was the one reason the only character I consider a favorite in this entire gauntlet stood a chance of even beating his first opponent.  Even though we still lost, unfortunately, I can't help but appreciate that we at least had a chance to win. 

Why bother now?  What's exciting about telling the team that has more supporters, you lose because of a mechanic you can't in any meaningful way plan for or control. 

Frankly it would be more exciting if we bet on the outcome and just rolled dice to see which character wins.  Divorced from popularity or support, what's the purpose of the "game" other than gambling that your personal strategy can net you more feathers.  

For example, I switched to team Camilla and I am near certain to wind up with many more feathers than I would under Ike.  Is that the point now?  Just feather maximization?  

Just now, kcirrot said:

Why bother now?  What's exciting about telling the team that has more supporters, you lose because of a mechanic you can't in any meaningful way plan for or control. 

Frankly it would be more exciting if we bet on the outcome and just rolled dice to see which character wins.  Divorced from popularity or support, what's the purpose of the "game" other than gambling that your personal strategy can net you more feathers.  

For example, I switched to team Camilla and I am near certain to wind up with many more feathers than I would under Ike.  Is that the point now?  Just feather maximization?  

Because there's at least some uncertainty now.  I don't like it when competitions are basically decided from the word go.  I find it much more interesting to follow things like scoretrackers in the post-multiplier gauntlets than I ever did in the premultiplier ones.

23 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You're a good sport, Glac. Some people could really learn from you. I'm sorry you kept losing this round, btw. That's always rough...

21 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

*classified*-Today at 1:07 PM

even if Camilla dropped to 0 for the next 9 hours

Ike would still need to average 478.5m an hour

Ladies and gentlemen, we have won

YEAAAH. :D

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're a good sport, Glac. Some people could really learn from you. I'm sorry you kept losing this round, btw. That's always rough...

I'm fairly confident this is the first time my initially chosen team wasn't at least a semifinalist.

Eirika, Subaki, Leo, Elise, Leo (again), and now Roy... yeah, this is the first time.

Edited by Glaceon Mage