Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had another 3 Ike team against Ephraim, Ryoma, and Catria.  It was pretty much unwinnable, but I should still have enough battles left to unloaqd my remaining flags.  I could have taken out Ryoma, but he kept doing the Swap dance with Ephraim and I got backec into a corner.  THankfully, I seem to be getting Nino somehwat often, which is better than another Red, and she can take out pretty much anybody who gives Ike trouble.  Still no Frederick, but maybe next Gauntlet.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My rank went from 1.2k to 12k. When did Ike get a multiplier? 

At around 10AM or so US eastern time.

6 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

I'm very aware. I was commenting on the fact that a widening gap between the two still increases the plausibility of the losing team getting a last second multiplier. In any other situation, a widening gap is a good thing in a contest for the winning team, but here, it isn't, and that's stupid is all.

Yes, but again, it won't widen enough by the time the round ends.

@Ice Dragon I hate to ask you to come in this thread again, but you even said it's realistically impossible for Camilla to win now, didn't you? And you're the most knowledgeable about this around here.

I'm almost out of flags, btw, so Ike's hourly gain will drop a little soon. lol

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At around 10AM or so US eastern time.

That was my sweet spot of sleep, there was no way I was going to be awake for that. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't worry, we're on the same page here. I know that it very likely won't happen. Again, I'm commenting on this mechanic in general, not what I think is gonna happen here.

2 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Don't worry, we're on the same page here. I know that it very likely won't happen. Again, I'm commenting on this mechanic in general, not what I think is gonna happen here.

Oh, okay. :P I misunderstood you then.

I just lost and decided not to revive. No point when we're about to win anyway. lol And there are still enough battles left for me to use the remainder of my flags.

EDIT: Camilla won't pass Ike again though. His gains are bigger.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Ice Dragon I hate to ask you to come in this thread again, but you even said it's realistically impossible for Camilla to win now, didn't you? And you're the most knowledgeable about this around here.

Yes. Math tells me that Team Ike needs to rally longer and harder than any other Voting Gauntlet team in the history of Voting Gauntlets to give Team Camilla a win.

As in Team Ike needs to pull Team Elise's final-hour peak performance against Team Priscilla for 10 hours straight, and that's simply not happening.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. Math tells me that Team Ike needs to rally longer and harder than any other Voting Gauntlet team in the history of Voting Gauntlets to give Team Camilla a win.

As in Team Ike needs to pull Team Elise's final-hour peak performance against Team Priscilla for 10 hours straight, and that's simply not happening.

Right, that's just what I thought! Thanks. You can go now, hopefully you won't have to be bothered again. xP

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Ike had the highest first round votes, so it would really depend on where Hector and Camilla's fans went, not even considering the multiplier.

Close, but no. It was actually Lyn who did, by a margin of roughly 6M more than Ike.

44 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Yeah, Marth is basically "Balanced Lucina" (still fast but not so fast, weaker and more bulky)

The irony: considering how in Smash, Lucy's pretty much "Balanced Marth"

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Close, but no. It was actually Lyn who did, by a margin of roughly 6M more than Ike.

The Google Doc lists Ike as having an average of 96M per hour in the first round.  Lyn had an average of almost 82M.  Lyn had a highest second round total, but it's tough to say if Ike's team was holding back since he was way ahead of Hector, or who would have gone to what team in the finals.  It likely would have been close, but Ike may have still won against Lyn, even without a multiplier.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

The Google Doc lists Ike as having an average of 96M per hour in the first round.  Lyn had an average of almost 82M.  Lyn had a highest second round total, but it's tough to say if Ike's team was holding back since he was way ahead of Hector, or who would have gone to what team in the finals.  It likely would have been close, but Ike may have still won against Lyn, even without a multiplier.

Perhaps, but I'm merely going off the event site, itself, which, from the final count of the first round, shows Lyn with the higher number, however [in?]accurate it may be.

29 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Hell, even if it did, most Camillas are likely out of steam already.

Kinda doesn't matter at this point.  There were so many multipliers this round I have a great score and will likely do better than I would even losing the 500 feather bonus.  I have nothing against Ike and happy that his fans get to see him defeat the waifus.

But I can't help but wonder how my Lady Lyn would have done if not cheated out of victory at the last minute.

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Perhaps, but I'm merely going off the event site, itself, which, from the final count of the first round, shows Lyn with the higher number, however [in?]accurate it may be.

Lyn one got more multiplier than Ike, so it led her to getting a slightly higher score.  Without it, Ike had a higher score.

I guess it's hard to say who at this point had a bigger team out of Ike and Lyn, but alas we'll never really know, I guess... Unless somehow they're in a gauntlet together again, but who knows if that'll happen.

35 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

Every Hour, Ike seems to get slightly more over Camilla than the tracker guesses. Every hour that red line gets a little bit lower. I don't believe it will matter though...

I've noticed the hourly results tend to be more than formulaic predictions suggest, and not just for this gauntlet. I suppose as a match-up goes on, more and more people become active and/or spend flags.

I'm in the top 30,000 for Team Camilla because I've been extremely tight with flags. I have 200 flags left, so I'll do one mkre battle and that's me done. I'm exhausted...

Well done, everyone.

My rank this round has suffered a bit thanks to me sleeping through Ike's multiplier earlier today. I'm just at rank 13,882 (score of 495,220) and rank 23,027 overall (score of 1,109,900). I've also went burned through the rest of my flags so I can do nothing more than play out the string for the rest of the way.