Cipher Livestream in 5 minutes; Warriors will be showcased [Over]

RotomGuy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Namarid said:

They throw the sword in the air, catch it, go into the same pose that chrom does on the awakening boxart and plunge down at a diagonal angle. It's the same move.

Not sure we're talking about the same move since Chrom does Aether like Ike, Lucina does not.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Noice.

Any chance they'll get alternate skins/outfits? I want to see if Chrom tears off his right sleeve on every shirt he owns.

KT loves alternate costumes, it'd be a shock if there wasn't more than if there were.

So Robin's a member of Validar's army it seems. There could be two possible reasons for that.

Its possibly Robin got kidnapped and brainwashed by his daddy but its also possible and far more interesting that its Grima who may possess Robin during the storyline. It would be an efficient way of getting Grima into the game. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So Robin's a member of Validar's army it seems. There could be two possible reasons for that.

Its possibly Robin got kidnapped and brainwashed by his daddy but its also possible and far more interesting that its Grima who may possess Robin during the storyline. It would be an efficient way of getting Grima into the game. 

They're playing a History Mode scenario. That's different from Story Mode in a number of ways.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

KT loves alternate costumes, it'd be a shock if there wasn't more than if there were.

Awesome, I'll hope for some good ones. I wonder if other people will be able to wear Robin's cloak...

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Great lord. He has two sleeves.

Yeah but I'm sure he hates every minute of it.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Or it's free style mode/adventure mode.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not sure we're talking about the same move since Chrom does Aether like Ike, Lucina does not.

Then what aether move are you talking about. The overhead spinning slice isn't aether and is a reference to when he fought Lucina at Regna Ferox. Which is a move she also has.

1 minute ago, Namarid said:

Then what aether move are you talking about. The overhead spinning slice isn't aether and is a reference to when he fought Lucina at Regna Ferox. Which is a move she also has.

...the one straight out of RD and Smash Bros. I'm at work now though, so I don't have time to rummage through footage right now. Not sure how you missed it since such a fuss was made over it.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

...the one straight out of RD and Smash Bros. I'm at work now though, so I don't have time to rummage through footage right now. Not sure how you missed it since such a fuss was made over it.

When you have the footage feel free to post it and I'll get back to you.

Validar having his own boss intro is interesting because it suggests he'll appear as more than just a one-off boss reskin of a generic Dark Mage. Whether he shows up more often or is even a "playable in an update" villain like Cia, Volga, and Wizzro remains to be seen.

Also, sounds like Monstrosity made it in as his boss theme, albeit with such a heavily stylized intro that I didn't notice it was Monstrosity until right near the end of the video.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Validar having his own boss intro is interesting because it suggests he'll appear as more than just a one-off boss reskin of a generic Dark Mage. Whether he shows up more often or is even a "playable in an update" villain like Cia, Volga, and Wizzro remains to be seen.

Also, sounds like Monstrosity made it in as his boss theme, albeit with such a heavily stylized intro that I didn't notice it was Monstrosity until right near the end of the video.

How did he fight?

1 hour ago, Namarid said:

They throw the sword in the air, catch it, go into the same pose that chrom does on the awakening boxart and plunge down at a diagonal angle. It's the same move.

Hm... I guess I can see what's the issue now. The videos are from different versions of the game. Chrom had both an overhead spinning slash with two hands and a "throw sword, jump and come down with one hand", two different attacks, but the later doesn't have the camera following it and time slowing down while he does the Awakening pose. But, looking at other videos, that's just because it's from the E3 version of the game, while Lucina's video is newer. So, I guess that explains the different effects for some of their specials too, like the odd yellow aura around some of Chrom's strikes that don't appear in the Lucina video...

58 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

That map itself confirms he's appearing multiple times. Robin is working for Validar and even had a quote about him, so that battle is clearly not from that one History map we saw before.

Edited by NeonZ

27 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

That map itself confirms he's appearing multiple times. Robin is working for Validar and even had a quote about him, so that battle is clearly not from that one History map we saw before.

What was the quote?

29 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Hm... I guess I can see what's the issue now. The videos are from different versions of the game. Chrom had both an overhead spinning slash with two hands and a "throw sword, jump and come down with one hand", two different attacks, but the later doesn't have the camera following it and time slowing down while he does the Awakening pose. But, looking at other videos, that's just because it's from the E3 version of the game, while Lucina's video is newer. So, I guess that explains the different effects for some of their specials too, like the odd yellow aura around some of Chrom's strikes that don't appear in the Lucina video...

Okay I guess I can understand people getting confused if that's the case but then that doesn't address the issue which sparked all this of Sakura bring the worst example of a clone. If the reasoning behind that is 'Sakura's not glowing yellow when she attacks' or 'the camera isn't following her as closely' then it's one of the poorest reasons to consider her a worse clone when her situation is the same as other clone pairings.

11 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Okay I guess I can understand people getting confused if that's the case but then that doesn't address the issue which sparked all this of Sakura bring the worst example of a clone. If the reasoning behind that is 'Sakura's not glowing yellow when she attacks' or 'the camera isn't following her as closely' then it's one of the poorest reasons to consider her a worse clone when her situation is the same as other clone pairings.

If what you're referring to is Sakura's Tornado, that's her C4 according to Warriors terms...

But Takumi's C4 is firing a bunch of arrows all around and in front of him.

Edited by Folt

Just now, NeonZ said:

Rewatching the video, there was nothing. I thought he had said something specifically acknowledging Validar in the stream live, but I can't find it now. Sorry.

Then it's likely a History Mode scenario that has Validar as the enemy commander. I wouldn't be surprised if he appears in multiple such scenarios as an enemy.

11 minutes ago, Folt said:

If what you're referring to is Sakura's Tornado, that's her C4 according to Warriors terms...

But Takumi's C4 is firing a bunch of arrows all around and in front of him.

The charge attacks that we've seen of Takumi are the launcher double slice(trailer), arrow rain(trailer), tornado(abdallah, an arrow attack that shoots multiple arrows(abdallah) and him spinning around attacking with wind blades(abdallah). 

Sakura also has the arrow rain and tornado and uses it at the same point Takumi does.

4:28 onwards

I wonder if Sakura has all the crazy energy attacks Takumi has? I wonder if all archers will? It would be interesting if there were a number different combo enders for different parts of the combo for each class, and different characters had different combinations. 

Edited by TheSS