FE16 "leaks"

17 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I think it is more Nintendo then IS at this point. They seem to want to create a lot of hype around their new games for the Switch and so are waiting for the appropriate time to showcase all of the ones for 2018. This is making everybody else whose games are ready to be shown (if not released) wait until the others are done. They might also be waiting for Square Enix's go ahead on the DQXI game. I think they can tell everybody is getting tired of waiting at this point though so hopefully there will be something soon.

This would make sense.  If this is the case I expect nothing less than an absolute extravaganza of new info for 2018 and will be very disappointed with anything else.  (Though, I would be happy with any kind of plans they have if they involve showing more of SMTV.)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

or they are embarrassed, can't rule out incompetence.

IS: Dammit, this weeb bait's boobs are too small, they need to be at least the size of someone's head, now we need to delay the game!

When do we ass men get any love? 

But regardless, if mid-March rolls around and we hear nothing, then we know the leak might be fake, and that the project is pretty much vaporware. 

8 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

But regardless, if mid-March rolls around and we hear nothing, then we know the leak might be fake, and that the project is pretty much vaporware. 

I wouldn't be so extreme.  I can personally attest to seeing worse; we first heard about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem in early 2013 and had to wait more than two years to hear anything substantial about it afterwards.  Anything can happen.

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I wouldn't be so extreme.  I can personally attest to seeing worse; we first heard about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem in early 2013 and had to wait more than two years to hear anything substantial about it afterwards.  Anything can happen.

That’s kind of an apples to oranges situation. #FE took so long because it was probably hard to think of a good crossover scenario. It couldn’t just be “a wormhole opens up, connecting the two worlds” scenario. This is a standard Fire Emblem game that was announced over a year ago, but not hide nor hair heard of it. My only guess is that they have to build the engine from scratch. 

4 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

That’s kind of an apples to oranges situation. #FE took so long because it was probably hard to think of a good crossover scenario. It couldn’t just be “a wormhole opens up, connecting the two worlds” scenario. This is a standard Fire Emblem game that was announced over a year ago, but not hide nor hair heard of it. My only guess is that they have to build the engine from scratch. 

Unless they're drastically changing how FE plays, they can likely just retrofit existing engines. 

Fire Emblem is basically a glorified Excel Spreadsheet with how it plays and operates. A new engine likely isn't necessary, and if it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be a new one built from scratch. 

56 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Unless they're drastically changing how FE plays, they can likely just retrofit existing engines. 

Fire Emblem is basically a glorified Excel Spreadsheet with how it plays and operates. A new engine likely isn't necessary, and if it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be a new one built from scratch. 

Agreed, unless they completely turned it into an RPG with 3D models constantly moving around or turned the entire game into an Echoes style dungeon they won't be needing an brand new engine. That said, I doubt they are using the exact same version of their previous engine, especially since it's on a new console. They'll have made some upgrades and changes to it (but that's an obvious statement.)

1 hour ago, TwinBlade said:

Agreed, unless they completely turned it into an RPG with 3D models constantly moving around

The second Fire Emblem game on the Wii was supposed to be that. I'd love to see them try that again but as a spin-off, not a main series game.

As for the engine, yeah, they're probably just upgrading it to Switch standards. I feel like FE16 is ready to be shown, they just haven't because they're waiting for the right time, whether it be the next Nintendo Direct or E3. 

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

This is probably the main reason why I believe we're getting the game this year, but why they haven't shown anything off yet. The base gameplay is either finished or at least mostly done, but they want to ensure the visuals and engine are look nice enough to show to off to the public without backlash.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As for the engine, yeah, they're probably just upgrading it to Switch standards. I feel like FE16 is ready to be shown, they just haven't because they're waiting for the right time, whether it be the next Nintendo Direct or E3.

Honestly, I wonder if they're also trying to polish up the animations before giving showing it to an audience. Despite the fact that I hope they give some visual focus on the combat animations, as they were a reason I got interested in Echoes so much (besides it being a remake of an old game and having an interesting story premise), I also know that the animations for both Binding Blade and Awakening were janky and unpolished at points, due to being first attempts with a new engine, and I suppose IS doesn't want to give off that impression.

14 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

The only person who claimed to have info about the supposed direct this month was from twitter.No one here claimed such thing.

Someone here did too claim such a thing on this very topic. 

10 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Someone here did too claim such a thing on this very topic. 

If you are talking about Oscar or @Prince of Iris, he made no confirmation that a direct was happening on February. I believe he said it was plausible given the information he was given, unless you are talking about @Mis Leaker.

Edited by BZL8

4 hours ago, BZL8 said:

If you are talking about Oscar or @Prince of Iris, he made no confirmation that a direct was happening on February. I believe he said it was plausible given the information he was given, unless you are talking about @Mis Leaker.

I think we can rule out MisLeaker at this point since she said it would be revealed back in January in that direct there, and we haven't heard back from her since.

21 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

Calm down, they have mentioned in an interview that the team got split between doing Echoes and working on the New Switch game after Fates. Since Fates got released back in 2015 they have had 2 and a half years to work on the new game, and I doubt they have nothing to show for all of that time. We are talking about IS not Square Enix, and FE is a hot topic right now because of FEH.

26 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I think we can rule out MisLeaker at this point since she said it would be revealed back in January in that direct there, and we haven't heard back from her since.

Calm down, they have mentioned in an interview that the team got split between doing Echoes and working on the New Switch game after Fates. Since Fates got released back in 2015 they have had 2 and a half years to work on the new game, and I doubt they have nothing to show for all of that time.

^^Exactly there's plenty that's gonna be shown sooner or later its just when the times right we'll eventually see it!

4 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m talking about prince of iris yeah! On reset era he said Feb, so did Emily girl 

POI did say afterwards...

To answer the question, my initial understanding of what the showing is supposed to be was a Nintendo Direct, but at this time I don't have anything conclusive enough to determine how exactly that will play out. It may or may not, I don't know right now. If you happen to come across any older claims from me indicating otherwise, I would suggest not relying on them so much. But yes, multiple sources have told me that Nintendo will deliver additional news about Nintendo Labo next month. I continue to stand by this.

The last three points in no way influenced how I was left to believe there's supposed to be a Nintendo Direct in February though, because they only occurred to me after the fact. I think there's decent reason to have hope for another one soon, but at the moment I don't have enough to say for sure either way.

There is still one day left in February, so there is a small chance it is tomorrow.

I'm still hoping for something this week or the next for the Anniversary. Nintendo should have an event or something. The Switch has sold amazingly well, and Nintendo needs to show something to keep the hype up for the next year!

2 hours ago, Serea-chan said:

POI did say afterwards...

To answer the question, my initial understanding of what the showing is supposed to be was a Nintendo Direct, but at this time I don't have anything conclusive enough to determine how exactly that will play out. It may or may not, I don't know right now. If you happen to come across any older claims from me indicating otherwise, I would suggest not relying on them so much. But yes, multiple sources have told me that Nintendo will deliver additional news about Nintendo Labo next month. I continue to stand by this.

The last three points in no way influenced how I was left to believe there's supposed to be a Nintendo Direct in February though, because they only occurred to me after the fact. I think there's decent reason to have hope for another one soon, but at the moment I don't have enough to say for sure either way.

Hmm. Did he say this on late Feb when it began looking unlikely