Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

Fates hasn't been pandered to, Conquest has. If you want to be angry about the old games not getting anything, please complain about Conquest and Awakening getting too much attention, since that's the only games (aside from Bride Lyn and Caeda, plus CYL) that have gotten any banners so far.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azura doesn't invalidate Eirka and Ephraim at all because her Rally requires her to Dance first. There are two things she does: A) make it so that Eirika and Ephriam no longer have much reason to run Rally Def or Res if you have Azura, and B) potentially free up Eirika/Ephraim's Seal slot for something else and for the Fort Seals to go to others.

Mostly excited for Dark Olivia and Azura. Inigo would have been okay, but there's no Liam for him and that makes me sad (as well as his artist being the same and I disliked his FEH art). As for Shigure, I am rather indifferent to him since I never really got around to the Fates kids.

However, my banner luck as of late has been abysmal, so I doubt I'll actually get around to pulling characters that I actually want...

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Fates hasn't been pandered to, Conquest has. If you want to be angry about the old games not getting anything, please complain about Conquest and Awakening getting too much attention, since that's the only games (aside from Bride Lyn and Caeda, plus CYL) that have gotten any banners so far.

are you talking with me? because my previous comment was not a complain

i could also say that "hoshido" azura is already in the game, so it wouldn't have made sense to include hoshidians

honestly, i prefer conquest, so i'm fine with that

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Azura doesn't invalidate Eirka and Ephraim at all because her Rally requires her to Dance first. There are two things she does: A) make it so that Eirika and Ephriam no longer have much reason to run Rally Def or Res if you have Azura, and B) potentially free up Eirika/Ephraim's Seal slot for something else and for the Fort Seals to go to others.

Did people actually run Rally def on them lol

I thought its overkill and they usually run repos

But yeah that new skill is effectively just increasing def and res

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Did people actually run Rally def on them lol

I thought its overkill and they usually run repos

I have it on Eirika, and it pushes through a few of the broken enemies in stuff like Infernal GHBs I guess, but it's not really that necessary for Arena. This Azura just removes that train of thought completely.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

are you talking with me? because my previous comment was not a complain

i could also say that "hoshido" azura is already in the game, so it wouldn't have made sense to include hoshidians

honestly, i prefer conquest, so i'm fine with that

"Hoshido" Azura is in the game, so damn the Hoshidans?? Since when is that Hoshido Azura? She wears the same damn dress in all of Conquest except for a single cutscene. Also how is that an adequate replacement for a full half of a two-sided cast? Azura is a neutral character anyway. Nohr has gotten characters in 4 banners so far. Marx has gotten two costumes already!

You prefer Conquest? Fine, put yourself in my shoes for a second. Let's imagine that the Nohrians were slightly less popular than the Hoshidans overall. Not by much, especially one character, say, Leon, is almost as popular as his counterpart or even trumped him a few times... Then imagine seeing Hoshido banner after Hoshido banner, with no Nohrian in sight, yet everyone shouting "Fates" is being pandered too.. Wouldn't that make you a bit mad or at least disappointed?

I fully understand wanting older game to be focused on now (want to have the herons myself), but telling someone disappointed in the lack of the Hoshidan cast to just be satisfied with Azura since that counts as full Hoshidan representation!? That's pretty damned insensitive and hypocritical. It's like me saying "Ike got a special banner, so that counts as a full Tellius banner!"

6 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Wow. So... I'm glad I've saved orbs this time. Almost 80 orbs actually... I'll pull for Inigo and Azura.

I am kind of getting nervous, cause I saved up over 400 orbs - was planning to use them on a very special occasion - I think the time has come. I am nervous because I could kick my ass if I spend them all and dont get a single one of them limited time dancers. They are so needed in AA>

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

"Hoshido" Azura is in the game, so damn the Hoshidans?? Since when is that Hoshido Azura? She wears the same damn dress in all of Conquest except for a single cutscene. Also how is that an adequate replacement for a full half of a two-sided cast? Azura is a neutral character anyway. Nohr has gotten characters in 4 banners so far. Marx has gotten two costumes already!

You prefer Conquest? Fine, put yourself in my shoes for a second. Let's imagine that the Nohrians were slightly less popular than the Hoshidans overall. Not by much, especially one character, say, Leon, is almost as popular as his counterpart or even trumped him a few times... Then imagine seeing Hoshido banner after Hoshido banner, with no Nohrian in sight, yet everyone shouting "Fates" is being pandered too.. Wouldn't that make you a bit mad or at least disappointed?

I fully understand wanting older game to be focused on now (want to have the herons myself), but telling someone disappointed in the lack of the Hoshidan cast to just be satisfied with Azura since that counts as full Hoshidan representation!? That's pretty damned insensitive and hypocritical. It's like me saying "Ike got a special banner, so that counts as a full Tellius banner!"

I actually wonder if CQ is actually more popular than BR. Its kinda interesting since BR is made in the image of Awakening gameplay wise

Honestly far as the character itself goes i prefer BR because Saizo.

17 minutes ago, Nanima said:

We really should have gotten a Hoshidan Summer Festival banner. I would have liked to see Rinka, and Takumi/Oboro in yukata, but alas. IS really seems to favor the Nohrian characters more.

Before Azura, Olivia and Laslow got alts, I would have preferred other dancers like Reyson and Tethys. The Awakening/Fates Conquest pandering continues.

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I actually wonder if CQ is actually more popular than BR. Its kinda interesting since BR is made in the image of Awakening gameplay wise

Honestly far as the character itself goes i prefer BR because Saizo.

I could list a ton of reasons for Conquest edge popularity wise (higher difficulty and edgy aesthetics for one), but I don't want to derail the threat.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

We really should have gotten a Hoshidan Summer Festival banner. I would have liked to see Rinka, and Takumi/Oboro in yukata, but alas. IS really seems to favor the Nohrian characters more.

Before Azura, Olivia and Laslow got alts, I would have preferred other dancers like Reyson and Tethys. The Awakening/Fates Conquest pandering continues.

Yeah, that would have been lovely. Seeing Takumi and Sakura in yukatas was my biggest hope that got dashed.

And I kind of understand if Intsys wants to pander to the Nohrians a bit more, for the increased popularity. I wouldn't be so mad if we had gotten two or three Nohrian special costumes more than Hoshidans. What I am mad about is the complete and utter lack of any Hoshidans at all. They aren't treated like the slightly less popular faction they are, they are treated as unimportant side-characters with no fans.

47 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That's what I expect to happen. This one will end right in time for Halloween itself, and unless there's a Japanese holiday I don't know of, November doesn't have anything they'd run a special banner during. So no problem having Halloween last through then.

And while limited unit banners are fine to have, this is getting pretty ridiculous. Aside from CYL, we've had back to back limited banners since June, and will continue into the end of December at the least. (watch there be New Year's units for January too)

Yes, plenty of back-to-back seasonal banners especially thanks to CYL covering for half of September. The second PoR banner was just a brief pause. 

New Year's special banner? It could totally happen. 

On 9/26/2017 at 5:04 AM, Rinco said:

It would be cool if it is Azura with a Scythe (axe) with distant counter. And she could be on a horse. And still have Sing. And a good stat spread.

Go, power creep

Apparently wish granted.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Nohrian Azura sure is tempting. But I must stand strong in my wait for Jugdral!

Ah, the power of being a filthy casual. Can't spend orbs on characters you don't know about. #keeprollingonsafe

1 hour ago, Thane said:

It just hit me that Inigo of all people got an alternate version before any of the Hoshidan siblings. 

Quiet you.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Forget SoS. Azura weapon is the worst legendary in the game

No that's Fujin Yumi, but hey whatever gets the hate on right?

28 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Wow. So... I'm glad I've saved orbs this time. Almost 80 orbs actually... I'll pull for Inigo and Azura.

You think 80 would be enough but alas....

25 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

And there's my impetus to start playing Heroes again.

Azura is fucking divine! It's almost enough for me to forgive IntSys for not having her in Warrior's base game. Almost...

Yea, still gonna hold a grudge for them for that.

Edited by Zangetsu

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

yeah, it must be really sad... i understand how you feel, really it's since the release of this game that i'm waiting for my beloved Levin with Forseti

but since i couldn't care less about both conquest and birthright, i would've been fine anyway

on more practical way, since "nohrian dressed" azura wasn't in the game, and since this banner is about dance/sing users, they had the opportunity to add her

now try to think about it: how could've they added "hoshidian dressed" azura? giving her a THIRD different costume would've been redundant, when she already has a white-themed outfit, so of course they chosed the easiest way to do it: adding nohrian dressed azura

conquest has the luck of having a peculiar nohrian dressed azura, even though it's just for a cutscene, a thing that hoshido doesn't have, so for this banner it makes sense to add nohrian dressed characters

what didn't make sense was, as @NekoKnight just said, the summer banner to be focused on nohr but i guess they did it because F!Corrin with a costume is more appealing, even though they completely forgot about kagero and orochi,,,

so no, hoshidian dressed azura is not "hoshidian representation", at all, it's just that conquest had the right costume at the right time, nothing more

btw, i'm not looking for an argument, nor i'm trying to make you angry: i'm just explaining my point of view

14 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, that would have been lovely. Seeing Takumi and Sakura in yukatas was my biggest hope that got dashed.

Well, if my theory is true then we could end up with an actual Halloween banner on October 31st so having a Takumi or a Sakura variant there isn't so far-fetched for this year. If not then time to use that feedback feature and let them know so they acknowledge Hoshido next year. 

I still want a Sakura variant, though. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I mean this thing is about as bad as Fujin Yumi so not like its any better

Yea cuz we all know that buffing stats is nearly as bad as an archer needing to passing through enemy ranks.

6 minutes ago, Yexin said:

yeah, it must be really sad... i understand how you feel, really it's since the release of this game that i'm waiting for my beloved Levin with Forseti

but since i couldn't care less about both conquest and birthright, i would've been fine anyway

on more practical way, since "nohrian dressed" azura wasn't in the game, and since this banner is about dance/sing users, they had the opportunity to add her

now try to think about it: how could've they added "hoshidian dressed" azura? giving her a THIRD different costume would've been redundant, when she already has a white-themed outfit, so of course they chosed the easiest way to do it: adding nohrian dressed azura

conquest has the luck of having a peculiar nohrian dressed azura, even though it's just for a cutscene, a thing that hoshido doesn't have, so for this banner it makes sense to add nohrian dressed characters

what didn't make sense was, as @NekoKnight just said, the summer banner to be focused on nohr but i guess they did it because F!Corrin with a costume is more appealing, even though they completely forgot about kagero and orochi,,,

so no, hoshidian dressed azura is not "hoshidian representation", at all, it's just that conquest had the right costume at the right time, nothing more

btw, i'm not looking for an argument, nor i'm trying to make you angry: i'm just explaining my point of view

Hey, I've been waiting for Tibarn and Reyson for just as long. It's just people's nature to be upset on seeing their favourites get shafted.

No one forced them to make this banner dancer themed. There is no dancer holiday in October as far as I am aware. They just thought "people like dancers" and put the most popular characters in, either not noticing or caring that the Hoshidans still haven't recevied any banners yet. They could have made this banner a Festival banner with a few Hoshidan characters or something. Not that I am for Fates/Awakening exclusitivity, it's just that they weren't forced to make this banner dancer themed.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, if my theory is true then we could end up with an actual Halloween banner on October 31st so having a Takumi or a Sakura variant there isn't so far-fetched for this year. If not then time to use that feedback feature and let them know so they acknowledge Hoshido next year. 

I still want a Sakura variant, though. 

I have been hearing that so often now, "Just wait until June, I am sure after including two Nohrians, they'll give us a Hoshidan or two." Nope. "Just wait until summer, there is bound to be a Hoshidan unit." Nope. "They probably don't have anything going on in September, that's when we will see some Hoshido." Again, nothing. "Just wait until October, I am sure there'll be a Halloween themed banner for Hoshido." Aaaand nope. Being constantly strung along from one disappointment to the next is exhausting, and at this point I am tired of hoping. I bet you they'll just throw in another Camilla and/or Leon and call it a day.

Aknowledging Hoshido "next year" would be too little too late. Next August or what? Do you really think they don't want to add Swimsuit!Corn 2.0. The banner will be called "Another Nohrian Summer"

Great just what we needed. A shit ton of dancers to flood the meta.

Azura is ridiculous with that secondary effect, and she can tank the master of the meta Mr. Reinhardt. She is going to be everywhere.

We will have to wait to see their stats, but Azura will be good no matter what. Shigure seems to be the 2nd best of the bunch.

I hate that there are two greens in the banner though. I have already gotten boned on the current banner by getting 4 Oscars and no Nephenees.