Create a Skill

Hero_Lucina

Pass 4: If unit is adjacent to an enemy unit, grant movement + 1 at the start of turn(stacks with other movement buff skills. Max 3 movement) + Pass 3 but without the HP restriction. Infantry, fliers, armors only. 

Obstruct 4: Enemy units can only target the unit for an attack if there are allies adjacent to unit + Obstruct 3 without the HP restriction. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Pass 4: If unit is adjacent to an enemy unit, grant movement + 1 at the start of turn(stacks with other movement buff skills. Max 3 movement) + Pass 3 but without the HP restriction. Infantry, fliers, armors only. 

That activation requirement is suicide to achieve. Unless all the foes are super weak or something, they will blast the unit to death on Enemy Phase, making it practically impossible to activate once Player Phase comes around again.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Obstruct 4: Enemy units can only target the unit for an attack if there are allies adjacent to unit + Obstruct 3 without the HP restriction. 

I am not sure if that is meant to be overpowered, but it can lead to some serious gameplay issues.

I can run Faye with Distant Def 10 and put a Firesweep unit with shit bulk in front of her at a choke point, the Firesweep unit can basically wall melee units while killing anything in range, while Faye slowly kills off all ranged foes that targets her (and if the Firesweep unit is a melee unit, the Firesweep unit can kill ranged foes too).

This would completely shit on flier balls since melee fliers cannot target the Firesweep unit nor can they reach Faye, and ranged fliers cannot target the Firesweep unit either and are completely walled off by Faye.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

That activation requirement is suicide to achieve. Unless all the foes are super weak or something, they will blast the unit to death on Enemy Phase, making it practically impossible to activate once Player Phase comes around again.

I was initially going to go with "within 2 spaces of an enemy" but toned it down to "adjacent to an enemy unit."

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not sure if that is meant to be overpowered, but it can lead to some serious gameplay issues.

I can run Faye with Distant Def 10 and put a Firesweep unit with shit bulk in front of her at a choke point, the Firesweep unit can basically wall melee units while killing anything in range, while Faye slowly kills off all ranged foes that targets her (and if the Firesweep unit is a melee unit, the Firesweep unit can kill ranged foes too).

This would completely shit on flier balls since melee fliers cannot target the Firesweep unit nor can they reach Faye, and ranged fliers cannot target the Firesweep unit either and are completely walled off by Faye.

Hm... I did not consider the situation when combined with a Firesweep unit. In that case, I would change it to "Enemy units can only target the unit or allies adjacent to unit for an attack." 

22 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Hm... I did not consider the situation when combined with a Firesweep unit. In that case, I would change it to "Enemy units can only target the unit or allies adjacent to unit for an attack." 

Actually, now that I think about it, I think it can still be abused if the player just puts the Obstruct unit somewhere safe way in the back, which them makes all frontline units immune to being targeted.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Maybe if instead of adjacent units can only be targeted, it could be adjacent enemies can only target this unit. So if you out two units diagonal to each other and the enemy steps between them, they can only target the one with the skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragonforce: Special; cooldown 4; restrictions (breaths only); prerequisite Astra
If unit initiates combat, grants unit another action after combat. (Once per turn.)
*Galeforce for dragons.

Awakeningforce: Special; cooldown 5; prerequisite: Astra
If unit initiates combat, grants unit another action after combat, and if foe is defeated, grants Special cooldown count -5. (Once per turn.)
*Ranged units need some love.

Fateforce: Special; cooldown 5; prerequisite Astra
If unit initiates combat, grants unit another action after combat, and if unit is not adjacent to allies or paired up, grants Special cooldown count -5. (Once per turn.)
*Ranged units need even more love.

Galeforce 2: Special; cooldown 5; prerequisite Galeforce
If unit initiates combat, grants unit another action after combat and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7, and unit can move 1 extra space. (Once per turn)
*Ranged units with Galeforce is kind of broken, so melee unit's Galeforce needs to be broken too.

Here's a neat idea for a new C skill:

Mercy: When attacking a unit with more than 1 HP, if a follow up attack will be made, the unit will survive the first attack with one HP when the attack would have otherwise reduced the unit's HP to 0.

Based off Elincia's Mercy skill in Radiant Dawn. I can actually think of various times it could be useful. Like with certain Galeforce users that I find to OHKO their opponents too often, or for certain builds on fast characters where attacking twice after the enemy initiates would be most useful.

And a new idea for a B skill to make Aether Raids far less annoying:

Sabotage Special: At start of turn, if any foes Res < unit's Res, and that foe is adjacent to another foe, inflicts special cooldown count +1 on that foe (cannot exceed maximum cooldown count).

It gets extremely annoying seeing nothing but hyper offense all the time. Things like this could be used to encourage people to try different things besides a dozen Alm/Ophelia with infantry pulse all bundled up in a box. lol

Edited by Namero

I had some inspiration in an Aether Raid map I just ran into... for something potentially annoying but possibly quite amazing.

A Passive: Devastation

...I actually don't have any idea what it'd do specifically, but there are certain pretty powerful effects that I can imagine look good on paper, if only they activated on more than one turn... so that's what the skill affects! There's also certain skills that affect units under very specific conditions, which many recent units have made it VERY hard to trigger them and kinda make it not worth it to hold them. Such skills include...

• Fallen Takumi's Skadi (On Turn 3, affects units within 3 columns centered on unit, inflicts -10 HP and Panic)
  • Gharnef's Imhullu (On Turn 3, affects non-magic units within 5 columns centered on unit, inflicts -5 HP and Dazzle status)
  • Garon's Breath of Blight (On Turn 4, affects units within 3 spaces of unit, inflicts 10 damage and restores HP to unit equal to number of foes within 3 spaces x5)
  • Duma's Upheaval (On Turn 1, inflicts -7 HP on all foes)
  • Yune's Chaos Named (At Start of turn, affects units within 3 columns centered on unit with Res less than Yune's Res by at least 3, inflicts -5 on affected units highest non-HP stat (with Atk being calculated as current Atk -15))
  • Threaten skills, including Nyofai Gunnthra's Hikami and Surtr's Menace/Sinmara (At start of turn, affects units within 2 spaces of unit, inflicts various stat debuffs on foe (Sinmara doing a hefty -20 HP), with Surtr's Menace also adding +4 to his own stats. Hikami affects the unit within 4 spaces closest to Gunnthra)
  • Ploy skills (At start of turn, affects units within the same row/column of unit who have less HP/Res than skill holder, inflicts various debuffs on affected units)
  • Feint skills (When unit uses a Rally assist, inflicts stat debuff on foes within the same row/column of unit)
  • Chill skills (At start of turn, inflicts various stat debuffs on units with certain stat totals, commonly the highest of a stat, but occasionally the lowest of a stat)
  • Aversa's "Aversa's Night" and the related Sabotage skills/Sudden Panic (At Start of turn, affects units who are adjacent to allied units and have less HP/Res than skill holder, inflicts various effects depending on skill)
  • Honorable Mention to Aether Raids buildings with various trigger areas and effects.

Among others, if I forgot any.

And I'm sure IS would be more than willing to add even more skills with such effects. So what if such skills became even more devastating? I think such effects might include...

~Additional effects on top of the initial skills effects
~Expansion of the trigger area
~Increased number of turns for effect to trigger
~Strengthening of the existing effects
~Increase in the potential number of affected units
~Less lenient trigger effects

And that's just what I thought of alone.

The A Slot is used because the skill doesn't really feel like it fits the B slot all that well. As for the C Slot... well, that's where most of these skills are slotted in, if they aren't on a weapon. I also considered adding a stat increase on top of the effects above, such as HP +4 or Res +2, since those are the two stats most commonly used by units with these skills.

It could also open the possibility of skills with effects similar to Skadi and Imhullu being inheritable C Passives...

3 hours ago, Namero said:

It gets extremely annoying seeing nothing but hyper offense all the time. Things like this could be used to encourage people to try different things besides a dozen Alm/Ophelia with infantry pulse all bundled up in a box. lol

Those are the only teams that are challenging though. Anything else is just stupid easy. I would much rather have a PvP mode where players are ranked more by skill than some arbitrary point system like other PvP modes in Coliseum.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

A Passive: Devastation

Do you mean C Passive?

Unless you are racist DW!Y!Tiki who basically has another A skill on her C slot in the form of racist Fury, most units probably want to stick with recoil Fury or a stat boosting skill on the A slot so they do not suck in combat and/or have the stats to activate their debuff skills.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Do you mean C Passive?

Unless you are racist DW!Y!Tiki who basically has another A skill on her C slot in the form of racist Fury, most units probably want to stick with recoil Fury or a stat boosting skill on the A slot so they do not suck in combat and/or have the stats to activate their debuff skills.

It could serve as a B skill, maybe even a Sacred Seal, though the way I was thinking the B slot is dedicated most towards directly affecting combat, as well as the additional Chills and Sabotages and whatnot. Putting it in the C slot, again, means you have to run the affected skills in the SS slot or have it in your weapon, or just be a Training Tower dunce and have a completely useless skill. Though maybe that's a worthy sacrifice? Not like every skill has to be for every unit who can learn it.

...I was also thinking that if it weren't an A slot, then you could run the Devastation skill in addition to an HP+ skill, or Fortress Def/Res3 and have an almost unavoidable skill effect, as opposed to giving up your own potential power in exchange for making life a LOT easier for your probably stronger teammates. I mean, Aversa's Night is already pretty harsh on her enemies just for being next to each other with lower HP than her...

And then you look at units like Fallen Takumi and Gharnef who don't rely on stats to trigger their debuffs. If it's in the B slot, yeah they can't access B skills like Desperation or Breakers or Chills or anything, but they still have access to arguably more important stat buffing skills.

There's a really weird balance to achieve with this Decimation skill... what do you give up to vastly improve on a units debuffing abilities?

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

There's a really weird balance to achieve with this Decimation skill... what do you give up to vastly improve on a units debuffing abilities?

The A slot is too valuable for combat in my opinion, so I would go with B or C. If it is on the A slot, then the debuff should not rely on stat comparisons and it better be really good for ruining a unit's combat performance.

Here's a few in mind:

Resolve and Dull (A skill) : Grants Def/Res+5. Inflicts Atk/Spd -5

Dracoshield (A skill): Remove Dragon weakness

Movement Ploy (C skill): At the start of turn, inflicts movement restriction to 1 space on foes with cardinal directions with Res< unit's Res

Special Void (B skill): Grants +6 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res but grants special cooldown count +10

1 hour ago, Nym said:

The Spd-5 is definitely nice to help slow tanks be doubled, but I am not sure if Atk-5 is worth it though since the whole point of getting Spd-5 is to increase damage output by activating a stronger Special.

Life and Death works because nukes do not need much bulk. While slow tanks want to dump Spd and do not need to boost their Atk, they do not want to decrease Atk either.

Since it is going to be an Enemy Phase skill, I think it is okay to buff it a little more and make it Def/Res+5 and Spd-10.

On 2019-05-10 at 7:25 PM, XRay said:

The Spd-5 is definitely nice to help slow tanks be doubled, but I am not sure if Atk-5 is worth it though since the whole point of getting Spd-5 is to increase damage output by activating a stronger Special.

Life and Death works because nukes do not need much bulk. While slow tanks want to dump Spd and do not need to boost their Atk, they do not want to decrease Atk either.

Since it is going to be an Enemy Phase skill, I think it is okay to buff it a little more and make it Def/Res+5 and Spd-10.

I understand what you mean with the -10 Speed instead -5 Atk/-5 Spd but it doesn't make sense it's the opposite of Life and Death.

Life and Death is a risky skill since the reduce Def and Res make units more glass canons as a drawback for increase power.

And tanks wants to be doubled so that -10 Speed wouldn't be that much for a drawback.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a thought exercise: Selena’s utterly useless personal skill from Fates, translated to Heroes:

Fierce Rival

B slot

Whenever an adjacent ally activates their special before or during combat, unit’s special is instantly fully charged.

Is this suddenly any good?

Edited by Alastor15243

On 10.5.2019 at 11:48 PM, Nym said:

Here's a few in mind:

Dracoshield (A skill): Remove Dragon weakness

Movement Ploy (C skill): At the start of turn, inflicts movement restriction to 1 space on foes with cardinal directions with Res< unit's Res

Special Void (B skill): Grants +6 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res but grants special cooldown count +10

Not sure how Resolve and Dull is supposed to beat Fortress Def/RES which gives +6 RES and +6 DEF in exchange for only -2 Atk. Now if you give it +5 DEF/+5 RES and +5 HP thats a different story.

Dracoshield is an absolute no go for me: Dragons get allready higher BST in almost every category they are present, their weakness is the balance to that.

Movement Ploy is good, i can dig that, its the same skill as Loki, but Res based

Special Void: I dont see a practical use for this skill in PVP, can be nice in PVE I guess.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Here’s a thought exercise: Selena’s utterly useless personal skill from Fates, translated to Heroes:

Fierce Rival

B slot

Whenever an adjacent ally activates their special before or during combat, unit’s special is instantly fully charged.

Is this suddenly any good?

I would expand the range to 2 spaces instead of requiring adjacency.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Special Void: I dont see a practical use for this skill in PVP, can be nice in PVE I guess.

It is good for Firesweep and it is a nice alternative for Brave units, so instead of Moonbow-Heavy Blade, they can do something like Special Void-Attack +3.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Dragons get allready higher BST in almost every category they are present, their weakness is the balance to that.

Dragons do not get increased stats. Trainees do.

Go have a chat with Duma or Garon or Awakening Tiki, who are not trainee units.

Having an A skill to negate effective damage is plenty balanced because it prevents them from running a more combat-oriented skill in that slot.

Always wanted an opposite of the counter skills. Sadly it would probably require more than just drag and attack since positioning becomes so much more important and flexible.

Close/Distant Initiation: User can attack foe regardless of units range.

I had this in mind for the Tempest Blade from Radiant Dawn. The user can attack foes from their preferred distance. You are a sword unit attacking an archer? Use two range combat. Don’t want to face a lance user on PP? Just attack from range. 

Thing is, maybe you want to get into vantage range or the enemy has DC/CC, then you have to manually place your unit on a tile and then attack, which is more complicated than drag and drop.

I do not think the skill would be to strong though, considering a DC/CC unit can just tank all enemies on EP, this skill requires galeforce/dancers to get multiple uses from a single player phase.

26 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Always wanted an opposite of the counter skills. Sadly it would probably require more than just drag and attack since positioning becomes so much more important and flexible.

Close/Distant Initiation: User can attack foe regardless of units range.

I had this in mind for the Tempest Blade from Radiant Dawn. The user can attack foes from their preferred distance. You are a sword unit attacking an archer? Use two range combat. Don’t want to face a lance user on PP? Just attack from range. 

Thing is, maybe you want to get into vantage range or the enemy has DC/CC, then you have to manually place your unit on a tile and then attack, which is more complicated than drag and drop.

I do not think the skill would be to strong though, considering a DC/CC unit can just tank all enemies on EP, this skill requires galeforce/dancers to get multiple uses from a single player phase.

The skill is niche and a bit weak in my opinion, as Player Phase units already have Brave Weapons and Desperation to rely on to bypass counterattacks.

The main issue, however, is that the current UI have difficulty supporting that skill, as that skill is unusable for players who have their Confirm Action and Confirm Move set to Auto.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dragons do not get increased stats. Trainees do.

Go have a chat with Duma or Garon or Awakening Tiki, who are not trainee units.

Having an A skill to negate effective damage is plenty balanced because it prevents them from running a more combat-oriented skill in that slot.

Not if you have access to free Distant counter weapons, then its not balanced, especially when those weapons also grant some HP and stats and most of the dragon units have bloated stats, otherwise you might havê to argue that every weapon type should get inheritable reforgeable DC weapons. The only movement type that has the possibility to run a Shield and DC in the A-slot is flyers because there is a whole weapon category they are weak against, and they can only use it on one unit.

Of course LRyoma or Hardin can negate their weakness too, but their DC weapon also doesnt give them extra stats. Shields for Dragons should never be released. Its their one weakness that keeps them  in check most of the time. Especially if they have a double weakness as an Armorer with 180 BST

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Not if you have access to free Distant counter weapons, then its not balanced, especially when those weapons also grant some HP and stats and most of the dragon units have bloated stats, otherwise you might havê to argue that every weapon type should get inheritable reforgeable DC weapons. The only movement type that has the possibility to run a Shield and DC in the A-slot is flyers because there is a whole weapon category they are weak against, and they can only use it on one unit.

Of course LRyoma or Hardin can negate their weakness too, but their DC weapon also doesnt give them extra stats. Shields for Dragons should never be released. Its their one weakness that keeps them  in check most of the time. Especially if they have a double weakness as an Armorer with 180 BST

I much rather see Svalinn Shield and Dragon Shield on the A slot and/or Sacred Seal Slot than Steady Stance and Distant Def. Shields are crap against everything but Effective Weapons. Steady Stance shuts down Specials and Distant Def nullifies buffs. If anything, running a Shield skill makes the unit worse, not better; generalist units and nukes without Effective Weapons would have an easier time fighting Shielded units.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Not if you have access to free Distant counter weapons, then its not balanced, especially when those weapons also grant some HP and stats and most of the dragon units have bloated stats, otherwise you might havê to argue that every weapon type should get inheritable reforgeable DC weapons.

I think you must be living in the past.

Lightning Breath+ is nowhere near the threat it once was. Nearly every recently released dragon has had a unique weapon where running Distant Counter in the A slot or forgoing Distant Counter altogether is a generally stronger option than Lightning Breath+ or that simply comes with innate Distant Counter, gaining better offenses for weaker defense.

In fact, the only recently released dragon where Lightning Breath+ is a generally more viable replacement for their default weapon is Winter Fae by simple virtue that she doesn't have a unique weapon of her own and that newer defensive A skills have become stronger than the defensive effect on her weapon.

Effective damage nullification as an effect is extremely weak in the hands of the AI. When was the last time you saw an enemy team stacked with Svalinn Shield or Iote's Shield? Effective damage nullification is a niche counter skill at best, intended to be used when you know or expect your opponent to be using effective damage. The effect is completely worthless otherwise and utterly pales in comparison to other skills in the same slot that are of more general viability.

Shove Forward: Assist
Pushes target ally 1 space away. Unit moves to ally's previous space.
*Basically Draw Back, but in the opposite direction. Or basically Shove, but the unit moves with the ally.

Forced March: Assist
Pushes target ally 2 space away. Unit moves 2 spaces towards target ally.
*Same idea as above. Name comes from Advance Wars, Koal's CO Power.

Trail of Woe: Assist
Pushes target ally 3 space away. Unit moves 3 spaces towards target ally.
*Same idea as above. Name comes from Advance Wars, Koal's Super CO Power. Maybe overpowered.

Ram: Assist
Pushes target ally 1 space away. Unit moves to ally's previous space. If unit or target ally would occupy the same space as destructible terrain, destructible terrain would be destroyed.
*Pretty useful in Aether Raids.

Battering Ram: Assist
Pushes target ally 2 space away. Unit moves 2 spaces towards target ally. If unit or target ally would occupy the same space as destructible terrain, destructible terrain would be destroyed.
*Same idea as above, but with more range and a bit riskier since you might overextend. Might be overpowered.

Trainwreck: Assist
Pushes target ally 3 space away. Unit moves 3 spaces towards target ally. If unit or target ally would occupy the same space as destructible terrain, destructible terrain would be destroyed.
*Might be overpowered, but that is why it is fun.

Catapult: Assist
Pushes target ally 3 space away.
*Super Smite. Useful for going over Aether Raids walls. Probably overpowered.

@XRay

Walk the Plank: Passive B
If unit initiates combat, foe moves 9 spaces away from unit after combat, ignoring terrain and the edge of the map. If foe ends on a space it normally cannot stand on, foe is immediately defeated. Unit moves 9 spaces forward (not ignoring terrain and the edge of the map).

Works best on boat maps.

9 spaces makes sure it pushes them off the map on Rival Domains maps.