Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

Both Beep's and Rex's posts have done nothing to chainge my mind on them.

25 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm gonna be straight with you on this one... that was almost entirely sarcasm.

Bulshit.

No it wasn't.

You literally acknowlade you need to work on that early in the post. You even asked for constructive criticism. No way I need hell I'll believe it's sarcasm.

44 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

other than you seeming pretty happy to be dead.

How did you get happiness from "I told you so"

I was bitter as hell. 

My last chance at maybe helping the town was gone and he waisted his ability.

The forest didn't let the post go through for some reason but I was even going to say.

"Way to waste a role"

Also the fact you got literally nothing is just not a good thing to say. 

SB literally tells us what it's supposed to do and the experienced players are convinced by it. 

You like to type big posts but they say nothing but throw pointless speculation at people even when in a failing argument.

You're digging your own grave.

44 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

You didn't die and say "Whelp, you guys found one of us, I'm dead," you just complained about wanting to leave the game.

When did I complain about wanting to leave?

Is it when I ask for the card flip because that's me wanting to rub it in SB's face that it was a waste of a role and that I was right. Not wanting to leave.

47 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

If you were town then why would you basically be trying to sign your own death warrant? If you were scum... why would you be trying to sign your own death warrant? It didn't add up. That said, your recent actions have redeemed you from being guilty in my eyes.

How many damn times am I going to have say this before I get it through your thick skulls, oh wait your mafia I forgot, you already know you just chose to ignore it in some desperate attempt to save face.

I wasn't trusted by anyone, my lynch was inevitable, the only thing of value I could do was have myself killed next round after being investigated to legitimize Arc's role and make them useful. 

Now if I was scum doing this might give me a chance of living another round and causing a mislynch in the process. 

Neither option is counterintuitive and regardless of my role what I did was pretty much my best bet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

]You literally acknowlade you need to work on that early in the post. You even asked for constructive criticism. No way I need hell I'll believe it's sarcasm.

How did you get happiness from "I told you so"

I was bitter as hell. 

As you yourself may be able to tell, sometimes words aren't always to be taken at face value. Personally, when I see "I told you so", that normally means that the person is pleased with something. But of course, the way that I read something doesn't mean that it was meant to be read that way. Again, I admit that I can be hesitant, that's impossible to deny, which is why I said it. But it's hard for me to resist throwing in a bit of sarcasm when I'm feeling irritated.

And besides, it wasn't just the "I told you so" that made me see it as happiness. You've been talking about feeling out of your element and ready to sacrifice yourself just to prove an ability's effectiveness multiple times throughout this day period. When you're post ended with the statement that you'd be trying to start up a game more like what you're used to, it seemed to me like you were perfectly content to be killed off. Am I wrong about that? Oh, sorry, I forgot, I guess I probably shouldn't be asking questions anymore, in case they get taken the wrong way.

Also the fact you got literally nothing is just not a good thing to say. 

SB literally tells us what it's supposed to do and the experienced players are convinced by it. 

1 hour ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

your reads look like they need to see where the flow of the game is going to make a concrete stance(when this doesn't always have to be the case) rather than making conclusions that you can easily change later on as you get new information

So, was it a good or bad thing that I didn't automatically follow what was said by players that are more experienced than I am? Should I lie instead and say "Oh yeah, Green's reaction was obviously super scummy, you can tell by the way he spaced out the text and the adjectives he used," or "This is indisputable proof that Green is a valuable member of town, a Mafia member would never respond with those nouns and sentence structures." I didn't know what to make of the play. No more, no less, and I'm not gonna bother making up something fake that could be easily seen through. If it's all the same to you, I think I'd rather keep using my own judgement to make these kinds of choices.

15 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

You like to type big posts but they say nothing but throw pointless speculation at people even when in a failing argument.

You're digging your own grave.

Fair.

16 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

When did I complain about wanting to leave?

I wasn't trusted by anyone, my lynch was inevitable, the only thing of value I could do was have myself killed next round after being investigated to legitimize Arc's role and make them useful. 

This wasn't directed at me, but since I brought up something similar, I was going to go back and find some of your older posts... but it seems like you've answered yourself here. Again, my sincerest apologies for thinking that someone asking to be killed meant that they wanted to be out of the game. I'm not sure how I could've been confused by that.

10 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

I am just so done with being accused and apologetic.

I'm in attack mode now baby.

Green is back.

I'm glad you seem to be having fun again, your posts earlier made you seem kinda done with the game. And no, that's not sarcasm; it's hard to get into the spirit of the game when not everyone is having fun, but you seem to have cheered up, and I'm happy to see that.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Am I wrong about that?

Yes.

Oh, sorry, I forgot, I guess I probably shouldn't be asking questions anymore, in case they get taken the wrong way.

Nice spice.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Again, my sincerest apologies for thinking that someone asking to be killed meant that they wanted to be out of the game. I'm not sure how I could've been confused by that.

Again nice spice.

Only problem is I had stated my reasoning from the start. Hell it wasn't even my idea it was Arc's.

So dispite your respectable sass your argument doesn't hold any water.

Oh and you're still overly apologetic which could very well be sarcasm in this case but really doesn't look good regardless.

Oh and you're still overly apologetic which could very well be sarcasm in this case but really doesn't look good regardless.

...Apparently I need to try harder to make my sarcasm apparent. I almost threw in a request for constructive criticism, but I thought it would be too obvious. I figured I might as well try and go for a new image if nobody wants a passive town member.

Yes.

Thank you, I appreciate the response.

Only problem is I had stated my reasoning from the start. Hell it wasn't even my idea it was Arc's.

So dispite your respectable sass your argument doesn't hold any water.

Once again, my sincerest apologies (does the italics bring out the sarcasm more?), but I must have gotten the wrong impression from this part of your earlier post (tenth post of the second day, second by you, and before any post by Arcanite):

On 10/24/2017 at 7:44 PM, Greencapps said:

I'm not surprised or really going to complain if I get lynched. I should have done my research better before assuming y'all would play the same. Not going to even defend myself. I've already done a pretty shit job at town and probably deserve the lynch. 

I guess all I can do is try to help as much as I can before my probably inevitable death. That being said i still got that project to do and it's getting late.

This, to me, reads like somebody who wouldn't complain about getting lynched. Especially the part where you say that you're not really going to complain if you get lynched.

Just to clarify, my own statement wasn't focused on your willingness to prove Arcanite's ability (although I did bring that part up earlier in the post), but rather on your prior statements about being fine with leaving the game in general. Perhaps I should've been more clear about which posts I was referring to. Not terribly important to the game at this point, but you seemed to find it important enough to pick out from my own post, so I figured a response was in order.

This, to me, reads like somebody who wouldn't complain about getting lynched. Especially the part where you say that you're not really going to complain if you get lynched.

Just to clarify, my own statement wasn't focused on your willingness to prove Arcanite's ability (although I did bring that part up earlier in the post), but rather on your prior statements about being fine with leaving the game in general. Perhaps I should've been more clear about which posts I was referring to. Not terribly important to the game at this point, but you seemed to find it important enough to pick out from my own post, so I figured a response was in order.

1 hour ago, Greencapps said:

How many damn times am I going to have say this before I get it through your thick skulls, oh wait your mafia I forgot, you already know you just chose to ignore it in some desperate attempt to save face.

I wasn't trusted by anyone, my lynch was inevitable,

Many times it seems.

1 minute ago, Greencapps said:

Many times it seems.

Well now I'm just confused why you even pointed it out when we already agreed on it. But hey, at least we got that settled.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Apparently I need to try harder to make my sarcasm apparent. I almost threw in a request for constructive criticism, but I thought it would be too obvious.

Oh I knew it was sarcasm. Notice how I said it doesn't help regardless?

Just now, Greencapps said:

Oh I knew it was sarcasm. Notice how I said it doesn't help regardless?

Just wanted to make sure, you seemed a little uncertain there at the start. Almost like you were taking a page out of my book of commitment.

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Just wanted to make sure, you seemed a little uncertain there at the start. Almost like you were taking a page out of my book of commitment.

Damn.

That was legitimately impressive.

7 hours ago, Greencapps said:

@SB. how far back were you planning the dupe cause I'm legitimately impressed by it.

During my unvote post, it wasn’t particularly thought out.

I went to bed instead of rereading but I’m around for a few hours. After I’m properly awake I’ll reread DB because I didn’t really suspect them Day 1 very much.

@Magnificence Incarnate What do you think about Rex? I forget if you already posted this but I’d like to know.

Only got to reread half the thread in the end but I think that DB doesn’t look quite as bad as Rex. They don’t really have solid reads and are pretty non-committal but I feel like they engaged with the thread a lot more than Rex does which is a point in their favour. I could support either lynch but pref Rex

Gone until the evening now, I’ll be around near phase end.

I'm going to do this 

## Unvote

Not because I don't want the phase to end early before I'm able to reread over things and Glacies is getting close to that number

10 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I'm probably a bit too hesitant for my own good. Directly questioning people isn't my strong suit; I'd rather base my reads on how people react to questions from others. If I'm lurking for long periods of time without posting, it's normally because my opinions on people haven't really changed. I don't really feel any different about you, Green, since my last post about you and Michelaar. My thoughts about you, Anime... I don't think I've posted about you for quite a while, actually. I'm not a huge fan of your sudden shift from extreme passiveness in the beginning to selective aggressiveness as the game progressed. There was the long post about Sunwoo's suspects, but that's been the exception as far as I've seen. So... There's my read on you so far, I guess. Was that one too noncommittal as well? I would appreciate some constructive criticism on this.

It's impossible to find the scum out there if I'm not willing to try to dig into other people and be a little more aggressive.  If we act extremely passive then this opens up a place for scum to 

9 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Unless I read your post incorrectly, your case against me was "He hasn't been posting and Sunwoo suspected him!" which I tried to explain the reasoning behind the first issue and then added that Sunwoo suspected others as well. So, why signal me out?

Single perhaps is what you meant? IDK I could be wrong

I was simply starting out with you on my investigation with because A. No one had said anything about you at that point while Green was getting a lot of attention, B I figured Arcanite talk would happen later as their role as being a sane or insane cop can be very important to us,  C. At the time you had only posted on thing for D2, the day you said you'd be more active and I found it weird.

So my question is what are we going to do about the sane or insane Arcanite?  Are we just assuming they are insane or what?  Not much has really been said about what is to be done about their role.  

6 hours ago, SB. said:

Also: this could be scum!Shinori bc the sudden drop of effort after Day 1 when he’s not under suspicion resembles his play in NSFMM4 almost perfectly, if memory serves.

I don't even remember Shinori other than his flimsy vote on Sunwoo and some parts where he talked with other players. I don't know why scum!Shinori would try to make a case against Sunwoo while Greencapps and Arcanite were getting too much flak, though. They were very easy lynches for scum (assuming Greencapps isn't scum, which I am not too sure about) while Sunwoo wasn't even close to being lynched. He seems more like lazy town, I guess?

Also, I can't really read DefaultBeep. His posts are almost too ok, he brings the same points people have made about stuff in the thread, then adds a bit of his own thoughts and acts a bit passive about it (like, usually not voting or such). I really don't know how I should perceive his play.

@SB. I'm fine with a Rex lynch but the cases on him are basically about his inactivity which I don't feel is as strong as what I've had on DB but I've been feeling weird about DB insisting that he will play passively, like I'm not sure if that would come from scum. I'd vote Rex for the reasons I gave D1 but the inactivity reasoning feels weak IMO. I'm not sure who else I'd vote, tbh the activity hasn't been great today and I feel like I need to rethink my reads.

4 hours ago, SB. said:

Only got to reread half the thread in the end but I think that DB doesn’t look quite as bad as Rex. They don’t really have solid reads and are pretty non-committal but I feel like they engaged with the thread a lot more than Rex does which is a point in their favour. I could support either lynch but pref Rex

Gone until the evening now, I’ll be around near phase end.

Oh god why if you color it gray. It's unreadable on night mode.

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Uhm, is Greencapps confirmed good? The fact that he said it himself bothers me.

I think I am. Still not certain. I'm pretty sure I made that obvious.

I'm sure as hell going to operate like I am though.