Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Finally, Marth. His last minute change of vote was rather strange, though I am willing to believe he was simply adding to the train to eliminate the slim chance of a tie vote.

Last minute change of vote last night towards Bartozio. Just to clarify.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Looks like it was the Greencapps and Michelaar show while I was asleep. Both of them have their points, but I also feel like some of their points are stretching a bit. Both are going after each other for doing some similar things, and... I'm not really sure what to make of it. I doubt both of them are Mafia, but I'm just not sure which of them are most likely to be Mafia, so I'm gonna wait on them a bit more.

Arcanite seems more confident since using their role, which makes sense I suppose. Their willingness to kill off whoever strikes me as a bit much though. Not sure if I like the vibes their giving off right now, but I can't deny that I'm also curious to find out for sure how it works, so I'll give them a bit of leeway for now. But if the scum vibes increase, then I'm willing to take the risk of voting for them even if it means missing out on their ability.

SB.... I'm incredibly confused by your vote. You're two posts give very little insight, and even then the person you vote for isn't mentioned at all? Could you give a bit more detail (as in, any at all) as to why Anime has your vote for being scum?

##Vote:Defaultbeep

The last two posts have been non-committal towards any sort of scumread, but the bold over here is scum logic.  You were fine with lynching Arcanite yesterday despite their cop claim. Why do you have a 180 on them today? What is so trustworthy about them today that you're willing to lynch their scan target to test their sanity? And what determines 'scum vibes' coming from them? This is the kind of logic that could line up mislynches and it looks scummy.

Not having any concrete stance on GC/Michelaar also looks bad since you've still got their entirety of D1 content even if you think the D2 content is lacking, so there has to be something more here.

2 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

##Vote:Defaultbeep

The last two posts have been non-committal towards any sort of scumread, but the bold over here is scum logic.  You were fine with lynching Arcanite yesterday despite their cop claim. Why do you have a 180 on them today? What is so trustworthy about them today that you're willing to lynch their scan target to test their sanity? And what determines 'scum vibes' coming from them? This is the kind of logic that could line up mislynches and it looks scummy.

Not having any concrete stance on GC/Michelaar also looks bad since you've still got their entirety of D1 content even if you think the D2 content is lacking, so there has to be something more here.

Didn't even let me know if there's a shorter way to type your name that you're okay with.

How rude.

Anyway, sorry, serious time.

I will admit, I'm feeling very uncommitted right now, because I feel like not a whole lot of new information has come out yet. We've got the back-and-forth between Green and Michelaar, and possible proof of Arcanite's ability, but otherwise, not much has really changed. I don't want to take a stance on either Green or Michelaar just yet because their posts today feel too similar to me right now, with similar points said by both sides. For their day one play, I also feel a bit balanced on them. Green seemed to switch his playstyle around as the day progress, from confident and aggressive, to passive and "inexperienced", and then almost right back to his initial aggressiveness with his push on Bart. Michelaar was off to me for a different reason: he rarely posted, and when he did, he added very little to whatever conversation was going on. I don't like how either of them performed, but Bart and Arcanite were the only popular targets at the end, so voting for either one of these two seemed pointless. Now, today, Green started off in the same kind of passive play that he had used in day one, but then almost immediately jumped on Michelaar for little more than a comment on Arcanite (and Michelaar's day 1 play, which is a point I can agree with) and gains back his aggressive play. Michelaar also suddenly switched into a much more detailed and head-on style, which seems weird to me compared to day 1. Not bad, but inconsistent, which I'm not a fan of, especially because he never gave a good reason for his lack of activity on day 1. He wasn't the only one who was absent for long periods, but the others either had reasons (I didn't want to immediately suspect Rex last period, but I plan to be more wary of him now that he's supposed to be less busy), or gave more details in their posts eventually (which includes... most people that weren't Rex, honestly), which, until today, I don't feel that Michelaar has done.

...Actually, you know what? After typing out all that, I think I will take a stance, since I feel like that's what is wanted from me at this point, and I think I do find one of them more suspicious. I still don't fully like Michelaar's play, but Green's strikes me even more, so...

##Vote: Greencapps

Couple things on the Arcanite point, because I think you're misunderstanding my stance on them, both in this day period and the last. In the last period, in just about every post that I mentioned them in, I described their playstyle in one big way: confusing. I started out thinking that they were confusing in a scummy way, but as things progressed, they just started appearing more confusing in general, not necessarily in either a safe or scummy way. I felt more strongly about Michelaar and Green than I did about Arcanite last round, and I still do in this round as well. The reason I finally decided to vote for them wasn't because I think they're the most scummy, but because I think they were more scummy than Bart, and since they were the only two that really had any chance of being lynched at the time, I went with Arcanite, because a no-lynch seemed pointless for learning/narrowing down anything. If there would've been a benefit to a no-lynch, though, then feel free to let me know, because I honestly don't know if there is.

For this day period... I don't remember saying that I want to lynch their target? Although I guess in hindsight, that would probably be the best way to find out if their ability works, so that was poor reasoning on my part. Especially since, just a few sentences earlier, I said that their willingness to kill whoever was a bit much to me. That sounds really hypocritical, looking at it now. But anyway, my thought wasn't that their cop claim is suddenly okay today while it wasn't yesterday, but that I'm curious to see if it was true or not. That's not me trying to say "Hey, don't lynch Arcanite, we need to see if their ability works, so vote their target instead, no matter who it is", but simply "I wonder if/how this ability actually works." If Arcanite starts appearing more scummy than others, then I'm willing to ignore my curiosity if it means they might be Mafia, which would be worth lynching in my eyes regardless of their ability. However, if they stay relatively not suspicious, then I am okay with finding out for sure about their ability, and lynching someone more scummy instead. Let me know if I still haven't explained this part well enough as well.

To clarify the "scum vibes" thing, perhaps I should've used something less strong to describe them, especially since I just referred to them as "vibes" earlier in that post. Their jump in confidence strikes me as a bit sudden, when last period they were more reserved and jumpy for the majority of it. However, that doesn't mean I think they're scum yet. I don't feel entirely at ease with them right now, but as-is, it's nothing worth voting for them over. If they start acting in a way that makes them more suspicious, then I am willing to vote for them, but I don't see a reason to vote for them over anyone else just yet.

@Rex Glacies Hi

Your last post was Monday

Monday

meaning you missed everything from then to now

Today is Wednesday

Thats all you have to say?

@DefaultBeep I wasn't really expecting you until Magnificence Infernape said that just now..... 

I know you said your piece in response to that but sheesh. Bart and Sunwooo already died innocently.... and you'd just lynch me if push comes to shove? 
Here I am thinking we're pals

3 hours ago, Greencapps said:

@Arcanite still never said I'm giving up. I've yet to make a big post because I have stuff going on.

I'm down to get lynched after you inspect me because I'm already highly suspect to most people and knowing if you're sane or not could be of great use to the town. I'm still going to scum hunt and I'll continue to play until I die. 

Sure I felt like not wanting to play because I:

A. Fucked up royaly D1

B. I was expecting a suspect list so it wasn't as mind game-y. The fact that there wasn't one really disheartened me.

I didn't throw a pity party to throw people off my sent or anything. I said what I said cause those were my genuine reactions to recent events. As a human I wanted to share with others who would understand and because it's a NOC game this was literally the only way the rules allowed it. Hell Rapier did the same right at the start of the night.

But I guess a robot wouldn't understand emotions would they

Reveal hidden contents

/s

I was built to emulate and examine emotion you filthy dastard

But fine

I am looking forward to your big post, so at least that is something you can contribute

oh right to clarify I saw people claiming Arc was cop and was paranoid about mislynching the cop so I voted Bart at phase end. I came on at 5 min before deadline so there wasn't much I could read or respond to at that time.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I wasn't really expecting you until Magnificence Infernape said that just now..... 

I know you said your piece in response to that but sheesh. Bart and Sunwooo already died innocently.... and you'd just lynch me if push comes to shove? 
Here I am thinking we're pals

Like I've said before, I want to ignore any prior experience that I've had with anyone here during this game. That's the only way to make this fair. That doesn't mean I'm going to lynch you for no reason, but just because we're pals outside of this thread doesn't mean that you're not Mafia. Same goes for everyone else here that I know and consider pals. But again, I still don't find you terribly suspicious right now. That's what I was trying to get across in my response to Marth: if you're acting scummier than others here, then I will vote you, because that's only fair; but, if you don't seem very scummy compared to other players, then I won't vote you, because that's also only fair.

8 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

oh right to clarify I saw people claiming Arc was cop and was paranoid about mislynching the cop so I voted Bart at phase end. I came on at 5 min before deadline so there wasn't much I could read or respond to at that time.

Oh alright

If you voted for me, Bart still would have been alive, and we would have ended with no majority ;-;

But your reasoning makes sense anyway.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Like I've said before, I want to ignore any prior experience that I've had with anyone here during this game. That's the only way to make this fair. That doesn't mean I'm going to lynch you for no reason, but just because we're pals outside of this thread doesn't mean that you're not Mafia. Same goes for everyone else here that I know and consider pals. But again, I still don't find you terribly suspicious right now. That's what I was trying to get across in my response to Marth: if you're acting scummier than others here, then I will vote you, because that's only fair; but, if you don't seem very scummy compared to other players, then I won't vote you, because that's also only fair.

I think I should have made it more clear that the "pals" part was a joke :P

You are right I guess... that is only fair.....

Alright I've went through the forum and found some posts, mainly from Sunwoo, that might start to give an idea of who scum would be and why they killed Boron.(If you are reading this Boron, sorry if it blows up your notifications)

On 10/21/2017 at 6:17 AM, Sunwoo said:

##Unvote

##Vote: Mackc2

Why are you taking his comment so seriously

On 10/21/2017 at 7:26 AM, Sunwoo said:

It feels overly defensive over something with no reasoning is all, which is something that catches my attention

And now I'm going to bed

Boron began to question Mack's seriousness to a joke post like many others pointed out as somewhat suspicious.  While there may be no connection between this and Sunwoo's death, we have to keep all possibilities.

On 10/21/2017 at 4:16 PM, Sunwoo said:

If you don't vote, then you don't get anything done. Like it was already stated, there is no reason to hold onto your vote.

Like so.

##Unvote

##Vote: Michelaar

For the record, I still think Mackc2's reaction to Bartozio's analysis was too overly serious (which feels slightly scummy), but right now a point has to be made.

I do not find it likely that Scum!Michelaar would get rid of Sunwoo just because of this.  So honestly I see no motive for him either.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:57 PM, Shinori said:

For now though I'm gonna put my vote here.

##Vote: Sunwoo

Sunwoo's posts have been small and concise, giving some brief thoughts or opinions but she hasn't really done any scumhunting outside of her early vote on Mackc2 which felt like it was fairly forced in my opinion.  I'd like to see a lot more out of her at the moment and I feel that this vote is well placed.  Her play makes me think of scum that's just trying to let town do stuff while she fades into the background.

I am going to point out that Shinori is the only person who voted for Sunwoo in D1 at all.  While this does not necessarily mean Shinori is automatically scum, it does make him seem much more suspicious seeing as he was the only one.  He did not decide to retract his vote from  Sunwoo until the end when the decisions were essentially Bartozio or Arcanite

On 10/21/2017 at 7:01 PM, Sunwoo said:

Greencapps, stop asking us to compare your meta from an offsite game to your play here. Other sites play differently from SF, SF plays differently from other sites, and the same players are going to react to the player bases of different sites differently. Amazing lines of logic like that are what get SB vigged in a multi-site game of mafia champions because SB doesn't play the same outside of SF as he does in SF.

Also, Michelaar, playing aggressively is not scummy in itself. How you play aggressively is more important (like trying to bully players out of voting for you), but you don't indicate why Bartozio's "aggressive play" is scummy, just that "it's suspicious because there's no reason for it". This is not good enough. Why is there no reason for it? And what specifically is suspicious/scummy about it? Explain.

##Unvote

##Vote: Greencapps

Never thought I'd be saying this, but I agree with Rapier's logic. I ignored Greencapps' self-meta at first because when I first started playing on SF I did that too for a bit, trying to point to offsite games to say "this is how I play". But he's still bringing it up and so it feels like you're trying to get suspicion off you by saying, "look, I do this in other games, that is my normal town play!" Just saying "I play like this" isn't proof of townliness, but reads like someone who just wants suspicion off them. Also, their response to Rapier's vote is really, really bad. It reads like an OMGUS vote. Especially concerning is that Greencapps didn't even bother to respond to Rapier's case, just dismissed him and called his case "cherry picking". Also, don't call people "blind or stupid". Scum is fine, though.

In other words, Greencapps reaction towards Bartozio wasn't great but it wasn't enough to make me really suspicious of him. His reaction towards Rapier, however, puts him at the top of my scum list.

Also, considering that before Rapier voted him only Bartozio had a vote on him, saying Rapier was "cherry picking him to vote for all the heat I was getting" seems very much like a scummy overreaction.

Above, Boron is nailing Green in the head with some pretty sound logic right here.  It would be pretty convenient to kill her off to silence her, but then again a lot of people were against you so there's nothing to say you'd go specifically for Sunwoo.

On 10/21/2017 at 9:25 PM, Sunwoo said:

Even if you're new to SF, you're not new to mafia in general, right? As far as I know, Arcanite, Anime, Glacies, and DefaultBeep are new to mafia as a whole, so they'd be starting at more of a "point zero" than you'd be. So basically, I just feel that saying "this is how I play" could be a way to get first time players to excuse one's behavior without the new players being able to know how to analyze if this really is different behavior.

It's not a major point, but it's something that I found worthy of note.

Also, someone tell me why Arcanite is voting Rapier again. Their vote on Rapier is from RVS, and they hadn't made any meaningful comment on Rapier afterwards aside from saying Rapier's first content post actually made him seem less scummy, but says that they're still convinced Rapier is scum.

##Unvote

##Vote: Arcanite

Why?

On 10/22/2017 at 6:08 PM, Sunwoo said:

Shinori: Yes, I find Arcanite's vote on Rapier to be scummy. It made sense as an RVS vote, but he had no business holding into it for so long without actual reasons for Rapier to be scum, and when pressed to explain why doesn't really even explain it. And then when he finally dropped the vote, he doesn't vote for the guy whom he seemed to actually build a case on, but you, someone who made one content post. He didn't even vote you because he thought your content post was bad, but because you weren't around. This is bad, and it's scummy. And not explaining the read on Rapier (but insisting he's still scummy) looks like capitulating to the "masses" because he's getting heat for the reasoning-less Rapier vote.

Also, I have made posts scum hunting. I've given thoughts on people. I've said that I still find Greencapps' and Mack's earlier actions scummy, but at the moment they are not as big priorities as Arcanite. Yeah, my play style isn't perfect. But I am scum hunting to the best of my ability while trying to parse all the new people, and I have a life. And I still manage to post more than a lot of you.

On 10/22/2017 at 11:34 PM, Sunwoo said:

Arcanite's suspicion on how Shinori is the scummiest player because he was not active is ... not good. Yeah, I don't expect Arcanite to know that Shinori doesn't really post a whole lot on average in mafia games, but the whole "you weren't active a lot" thing isn't a scum tell. On the contrary, picking on the less active and not looking at more active thing seems like a bit of a lazy way to paint someone as scum. In a way, Arcanite's scum hunting seems ... lazy.

My dear twin, you seem to be high on a suspect list.  I believe your cop claim but this really doesn't look good for you.  You were the top of Sunwoo's suspect list so killing her would seem to do you good with one less person after you but that just put more suspicion on you.  I might be overthinking this, but why would you put so much suspicion on yourself by killing her? That part doesn't make sense 

On 10/22/2017 at 7:10 PM, Sunwoo said:

Arcanite: You are voting Rapier for making a joke post in the confirmation thread. Am I understanding you correctly? Because if that is the reason you gave and the reason you are holding out, that is not good reasoning. Joke posts made before the official game start do not and should not count as in-game reasoning for why someone is scum. Also, didn't you say there was another person you were suspecting but refused to name why or even elaborate on? You may be a first time player, yes, but nothing that you're doing has been townie, and we can vote you on that.

I know I said in an earlier post that I was giving Anime and Glacies a bit of a pass, but I think I should stop doing that. I have an issue with how they vote, they don't seem to have very strong convictions behind their votes, repeatedly wanting to "wait" for more people to chip in before either voting or giving opinions when they could just post their thoughts without having to wait for everyone. In terms of Anime, I have no idea who she suspects other than the person she is voting, and even then her vote on Mack doesn't seem all that convinced. What are Glacies' thoughts on anyone besides Arcanite anyway?

Michelaar is unmemorable. Everything that he does is non-alignment indicative. That said, if I had to go purely by meta I'm probably leaning more town; I think they actually put more effort and were more active in FEH mafia, where they were scum. Again, I have nothing concrete to believe this, though. Not too big on the vote on Mack, simply because he doesn't offer up any thoughts on anything else that happened in the thread (besides Greencapps' Rapier vote) and just votes Mack for something on early D1.

Speaking of Mack, I noticed that I worded myself kind of poorly on my last post. His reaction towards Bartozio is still a thing I find could be scummy, but then what he'd posted afterwards was inoffensive and I had other people I was more suspicious of so I dropped it. Just read through his latest posts, and uh ... well, I'm just having a hard time actually following it. I'll have to look through it again when I'm under less of a time crunch, but as of now he's low priority.

Also, I didn't really notice Marth's posts until I read back on the thread just now, but yeah ... I don't know why I didn't notice he voted Glacies with poor reasoning. Marth, aside from Glacies and Arcanite, who else do you feel is scum and do you have thoughts on anything else in-thread? Not too happy with this slot due to his lack of looking into things that had happened.

Greencapps is still on my potential lynch list. I like him more than I like Arcanite right now and he's said things that make sense, but I still have a bit of an uneasy feeling from his earlier posts that make me worry that it could've been an instinctive scum reaction that managed to become less reactive. Again, not a high lynch priority -- higher than Mack but lower than Marth at this point.

SB is fine. I'll need to reread Bartozio and DefaultBeep again because despite not having any issues with either I can't really remember what they've done or what their thoughts are. Also, I'm heading out and I won't be back until late, so don't expect to see me for a while.

^^This gives a good last thought kind of thing of everyone(mostly) before Sunwoo was murdered.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:23 PM, Sunwoo said:

I don't like you using stupid and incorrect logic like "my role is more likely to be town than scum" to justify things.

Insomniac is non-alignment indicative. The only thing indicative about it is that Prims likes them as a role.

Here at the end, Sunwoo points out a really good thing about Rapier's role and is the first one to really question his role as an insomniac.  Sunwoo was the one who pointed Rapier out and specifically that his claimed town role of insomniac could also be a mafia scum role.  Without her pointing this out, I wouldn't have thought the insomniac could even be mafia aligned.  So this sticks out to me.

My point in bringing up everyone that has been accused by Sunwoo is if scum felt intimidated by her thought process or deduction process, making her an optimal kill, hoping it would direct suspicions away from them.  The suspect list I have acquired is Arcanite, Greencapps, Glacies(he seemed to mentioned in a lot of Boron's posts, I just didn't want to snag them all), Rapier,  and Shinori.

For now I shall do this

## Vote: Rex Glacies

You said you would be more active D2 but here you are with still little to no posts, plus being on Boron's bad side right before her death really does not look good for you.  Give me something to work with and I might change my mind.

I would say the Scum!Shinori being a thing makes less sense. Boron was like his only major content in D1, and while no one bought his case on her, no one outright said that they found her to be townie. Why would he NK his only scumread and leave himself with very little to fake for the next phase?

18 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

@Anime27Arts @Greencapps @Michelaar

What do you think of my Defaultbeeps case?

I can see where you're going with this logic, and I understand where you are coming from, but it feels to me like he is more actively scumhunting than not, tbh.

@DefaultBeep I have said it before actually. I wasn't here late yesterday because I wasn't feeling it at all. 

Just now, Michelaar said:

I have said it before actually. I wasn't here late yesterday because I wasn't feeling it at all. 

Oh, my apologies then, I must have missed that. I only noticed your statement of being asleep in response to Anime, I believe.

I haven't looked at this thread in a while, its my last two days of uni so I am rushing to get everything done (although that didn't stop me wasting time on the heroes board). But I am here now and I want to give my opinions. 

Firstly Greencaps everyone has said it but his pity party really pisses me off and it just makes him sus in my eyes. On top of that I can think of three cases for his force of the lynch on Bartozio, First option he is town and freaked when Arcanite revealed cop and encouraged everyone to vote for his suspect so the cop wasn't lynched. Case 2, he is scum and used the opportunity created by the reveal to convince the town to lynch a different town. Or Case 3 he and Arcanite are scumbuddies and he faked case 1. 
 Reluctantly though I have to think of him as town because as of now I think arcanite is town, which removes case 3 as an option and case 2 honestly wouldnt make sence as scum would encourage a lynch of the cop or remain silent and let it happen not follow a less valuable town.

Next is Arcanite, I say we just let Arcanite play out, I don't think it is faking and if is faking, well it is new so I think it will mess up, but we are not killing anyone because of its reads or to prove the validity of its reads, I don't trust it that much.

Going back to my logic in the last post, scum would want to try to push arcanites lynch and there where four people sitting on their wagon at the end, Bartozio is not important so that leaves Rex, Beep and Sunwoo.

First Rex, he wasn't there after the cop reveal as far as I saw so I suppose I can let him slide for now.

Next is Sunwoo he was the one pushing the idea that Arcanite's role is useless and she it is probably scum so lets lynch her. it.(I brought it for a while.) They talked of the role claim lowering their suspicions, yet they did nothing about it. They also didn't really inquire into Arcanites role before making this conclusion, in addition to this their post in the middle of page 14 about probability shows they had the wrong idea about Arcanites role and didn't correct after seeing how it worked. (Or they just wanted to take the chance to bash Rapier for saying something stupid which I won't deny is very fun). I will quote this post in my next one just going to be a bitch to quote in this one.

After that is Beep, Beepy just popped in an hour out said something about not being able to lynch town in good conscious and swapped their vote to arcanite, I find that really suspect mostly because he swapped his vote to arcanite AFTER the role claim, he said something about finding Arcanite suspect but not because of the claim yet their vote was not on arcanite before hand, such willingness to Lynch a cop especially a willingness that only seemed to appear after they made a claim is what makes me sure Beep is scum. Nothing Personal Beep.

##Vote: DefaultBeep

I also want to address Marth quickly because it feels as if they have barely added anything, so they might be scum, Their decision to change to Bartozio would be in scum favour as it would prevent a no lynch (1 townie dies that night) and instead cause a townie lynch (2 dead townies) while also deflecting suspicion from himself because scum would have tried to remove a claimed cop. That said I'm just speculating here and wanted to throw that out there, because that action just as easily could have been town.

On 24/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, DefaultBeep said:

For what it's worth, I've never once heard of this show before this thread. It looks cute though, from the little I've gathered from it.

Anyway, back to the real discussion.

Here's my concern. I do feel off about Bart right now. But, I'm don't think I find him to be as off as some others here, including compared to Arcanite. As useful as their ability may be if true, I don't know if I can go for someone else in good conscience. So I think, for now at least, assuming nothing new happens before the end of the day...

##Vote: Arcanite

On 24/10/2017 at 10:05 AM, Sunwoo said:

Rapier do you know how probability works

These are the posts I mentioned 

I am so stupid. I'm sorry for that atrocity. How could I miss the fact that Sunwoo died last night, that said my case on Beep stands. But I am sorry for wasting everyones time (including my own) with my mad Sunwoo is evil theory

11 hours ago, Arcanite said:

@Rex Glacies Hi

Your last post was Monday

Monday

meaning you missed everything from then to now

Today is Wednesday

Thats all you have to say?

On 10/21/2017 at 8:27 PM, Rex Glacies said:

I cannot vouch for Beep, but I've been working on real life things, so I can only have brief moments of action on here. I wish it was not so, but, alas!

13 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I am here... after basically dying in real life. I shouldn't be as busy now so hopefully I can post more often now.

Does this help answer your question? Simply put, I've been busy.

11 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Fair enough; it is a reasonable claim. However, Bartozio already had one more vote than Arcanite - so your vote was unnecessary. Kinda odd...

10 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

## Vote: Rex Glacies

You said you would be more active D2 but here you are with still little to no posts, plus being on Boron's bad side right before her death really does not look good for you.  Give me something to work with and I might change my mind.

Day 2 is still only beginning; or in the least my ability to post has only recently begun. I was also playing Breath of the Wild last night. Additionally, I am not the only person Sunwoo was suspecting - they were also suspicious of Marth, Arcanite, and Greencapps.

Anyway...

##Vote:Greencapps

His actions seem to be suicidal, thinking that he is going to be lynched today. I am willing to believe he is scum who feels he is being too suspected and feels guilty. Plus:

20 hours ago, Greencapps said:

As much as I want to quit I won't because that wouldn't be fair to the town. I have a job to do and I'll see it through.

19 hours ago, Arcanite said:

You must be vanilla, assuming you are town

18 hours ago, Greencapps said:

To my disappointment yes I am.

Two things - 1. What are the odds of there being three or more vanilla townies? and 2. There are a lot more townies than there are mafia, so if someone couldn't afford to quit would it not be the scum?

5 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Two things - 1. What are the odds of there being three or more vanilla townies? and 2. There are a lot more townies than there are mafia, so if someone couldn't afford to quit would it not be the scum?

While I agree with your logic in general, I disagree with point 1 and don't understand what you are trying to say with point 2. I think there could be more vanilla townies.

11 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

While I agree with your logic in general, I disagree with point 1 and don't understand what you are trying to say with point 2. I think there could be more vanilla townies.

For point 1. I acknowledge that there could be more than two vanilla townies, but I assume that the odds of there being three or more is small. Granted, I don't know the mathematics Prims used to give everyone a role, nor how many different roles are in the game, but theoretically, one can assume the odds of there being 1 vanilla townie is 100%, the odds of 2 being lower, at 70-80% or so, and the odds of three even lower. Therefore, with Sunwoo and Bart proven vanilla townies, I think the odds of Greencapps lying is higher.

Point 2 comes with the amount of people in each faction. There is likely 3 mafia, which means there are likely 8 townies. So following Green's statement of wanting to quit yet having "a job to do and I'll see it through," felt odd to me. If he is town, there are still 7 (?) others to do his job for him. If he is scum, there are only 2 (?) others to do his job, which is far less and gives him a greater reason to stay around for his job.

6 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

For point 1. I acknowledge that there could be more than two vanilla townies, but I assume that the odds of there being three or more is small. Granted, I don't know the mathematics Prims used to give everyone a role, nor how many different roles are in the game, but theoretically, one can assume the odds of there being 1 vanilla townie is 100%, the odds of 2 being lower, at 70-80% or so, and the odds of three even lower. Therefore, with Sunwoo and Bart proven vanilla townies, I think the odds of Greencapps lying is higher.

Point 2 comes with the amount of people in each faction. There is likely 3 mafia, which means there are likely 8 townies. So following Green's statement of wanting to quit yet having "a job to do and I'll see it through," felt odd to me. If he is town, there are still 7 (?) others to do his job for him. If he is scum, there are only 2 (?) others to do his job, which is far less and gives him a greater reason to stay around for his job.

I see what you mean.

Oh, so you think he wants to make him look town by seeming suicidal? That's a fair point.

Michelaar: I stand by my vote. Also now that it's D2 he's suddenly super active which is weird. 

Rapier: Probably town, his posts are always thought out and he's actually put pressure on people. I like him and cause of this if I had to guess, Arc is probably insane.

Arc: Probably cop, I don't always see their logic but they're actually doing stuff now and their role could be useful.

Rex: I really dislike his play style. It's super passive. Even after everyone showed up he didn't really do much.

Beep: I've always felt like he's a little to removed from the game in his posts. I don't think he's definitely scum but he just kinda feels off. Other than that he's fine.

Marth: showed up late and has made quite a few posts with some of them being meaningful. Most though kinda just say nothing perhaps it's his play style but it's weird nonetheless.

Shinori: Quiet but when he does post they're substantial. Most of the vets say it's just his playstyle so I'm not really sus.

Anime: She was fine in D1 but I really just do not agree with the idea that she can find who killed Boron by looking at her posts. Anybody could see that she was a good, valuable member of the town and would want to take her out regardless of if she targeted them.

SB.: Kinda silent but like Shinori always has something to say when he does. Still not as confident he's town though.

Mack: Idk I'm kinda unsure with him. Maybe I need to look closer but now I've got nothing.

The Bart push was both so Arc wouldn't die and because I genuinely thought he was scum. It was a good opportunity at the time so I pushed for it.

Current scum reads:

Major: Rex, Beep, and Mich

Minor: Anime

@Rex Glacies when I say I have a job to do I mean I need to help town. It would be unfair to just lose a player due to the just deciding to quit. Accusing someone of being scum for wanting to be a team player is scummy.

##Unvote

##Vote:Rex Glacies

Oh look he voted for someone that voted on him! It's clearly an OMGUS vote. It's not like everyone suspects him right now so literally any vote would look like one. He's clearly scum.

My logic on being ok with being the lynch that sees if Arc is sane or not: Nobody trusts me right now so dying will prove my innocence, making my claims more credible, theoretically prove Arc's sanity, and lastly remove myself as a scapegoat that the mafia can use to take attention away from themselves.

Of course this would only work if I don't die today, Arc inspects me, and neither of us die in the night.

Stop looking the gift horse in the mouth and ride it already.

4 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

After that is Beep, Beepy just popped in an hour out said something about not being able to lynch town in good conscious and swapped their vote to arcanite, I find that really suspect mostly because he swapped his vote to arcanite AFTER the role claim, he said something about finding Arcanite suspect but not because of the claim yet their vote was not on arcanite before hand, such willingness to Lynch a cop especially a willingness that only seemed to appear after they made a claim is what makes me sure Beep is scum. Nothing Personal Beep.

I'm gonna respond to this under the assumption that you're talking about the end of Day 1, when it was pretty much between Arcanite and Bart. If it's not, feel free to correct me.

For one thing, I'm not sure why everyone suddenly thinks I was super eager to lynch Arcanite at the end of Day 1. It wasn't a case of "Arcanite is super scummy and needs to die", it's "Bart doesn't strike me as very scummy and Arcanite is the only other real option so I'll vote for them instead." Frankly, I still don't feel great about voting Arcanite on Day 1, but was there anything to be gained from voting anyone else at that point? That's an honest question, please let me know if there's an actual answer for it. And yes, my vote was pretty much ignoring their ability, because I would rather vote based on how the player is acting, not on what they can do. Again, it's not a case of "This ability seems dangerous and I think we should get rid of it", but rather "This ability sounds interesting I think, but I don't want to not vote for someone just because of an ability." Am I curious to see how it works? Yes. Will I vote Arcanite if they strike me as the most suspicious player? Yes. Do I think Arcanite is the most scummy player right now, or even during the last period? No, I kinda thought I had made it clear that Green was still my biggest suspect even at the end of Day 1, but Arcanite was just more scummy in comparison to Bart.

I'm gonna quote myself here from that time period, to hopefully show what my actual feelings on Arcanite were.

On 10/23/2017 at 12:49 PM, DefaultBeep said:

Arcanite confuses me. Which is the normal reaction I have to them honestly. They gave their reason for their vote, but I'm still not really sure why that reason was the strongest reason to vote someone? But it's not like they were just bandwagoning their vote either, since there have been plenty of other people who gave solid reasons to vote other people. I dunno, I can't really tell if they're giving me scummy vibes, or just confusing vibes since they're still new, and I can understand the struggle to adapt to this game. But they've also acted differently from most of the other newbies too, so maybe they're confusing because they're also scum? Again, to reiterate my first sentence: Arcanite confuses me.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, DefaultBeep said:

With 2 hours left, I... was expecting to have stronger feelings about more people. I still feel pretty much the same about everyone since my last post. I don't mind changing my vote off of Green since Arcanite and Michelaar seem to be considered suspicious by more people, but I'm not really sure where to go at this point.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:49 PM, DefaultBeep said:

Bart's posts kinda rub me the wrong way, but it's slight, and I can't really tell what it is about them that throws me off, which is why I've been hesitant to vote for him. That said, most of my vote contenders don't seem to be considered scummy by most everyone else except Arcanite, and they're more confusing than scummy to me as well. I'm not really sure where to go, but for now...

It's not gonna change much for now, but I need to figure out who to vote for.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:11 PM, DefaultBeep said:

Here's my concern. I do feel off about Bart right now. But, I'm don't think I find him to be as off as some others here, including compared to Arcanite. As useful as their ability may be if true, I don't know if I can go for someone else in good conscience. So I think, for now at least, assuming nothing new happens before the end of the day...

And since nothing new really happened, that vote, that was more of a decision between Arcanite and Bart that between Arcanite and everyone, stayed put. Does that better explain my thought process, or do I need to try to explain it more?