Ideas for FEH

Rapier

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pulls from the gacha are in general worth something (except Est and Oboro)

They are not completely worthless though; they are worth some Feathers. Except for 5* pity breakers, I do not mind pulling characters with little inheritance value since they would be a small boost to my Feather income.

6 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

And no, I dont think IS is overly generous :)

I am not sure if that was sarcasm, but since launch, we have gotten over 2,000 summoning Orbs. That is a minimum of 400 characters with around twenty-four 5* characters.

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In idea that I have is that for every 5* level 40 confession collected, there is an orb gained. So that it encourages 5* more characters.

I like that idea. It would also incentivize players to fill out their Arena Assault teams. Maybe they could also reward players for trying out new units by rewarding them with an Orb each time a character hit an increment of 1,000 in Hero Merit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I was referring to tickets.

Yeah. Tickets are literally no different than SQ that can only be used for summoning. I believe even with tickets taken into account, F/GO's free summon rate is pretty low. (And as mentioned before, Friend Point summons don't count because the pool is pretty terrible.)

35 minutes ago, Rapier said:

It's still problematic that I want to try to get, dunno, maybe Setsuna, and she's mixed with a ton of shurikens and staffbots which makes her chances of being drawn much more slim than the other colors'.

Actually false.

The probability of pulling Setsuna when selecting a colorless umbrella (at base rate) is 5.4%. Both red and blue have lower rates for a specific 3- to 4-star summon at 4.4% and 5.1%, respectively. Only green is better at 7.1% because the pool is so diluted.

38 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Also, where did you get that info about getting a full set of 5 5-star pulls after 120 failures?

Tap the middle blue button on the summoning screen (at the bottom of the banner image) and scroll to the very bottom. (It's a really long page.)

40 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I'm saying a Free Summon per day

I'm saying that's too generous.

While I disagree with idea obtain any character for some random currency, I wouldn't mind if there were some extra rare characters (like Elibe legends,Gotoh or Laguz lords) unobtainable from gacha you would have to grind your ASD for. Something akin raid characters from GBF and with as much effort needed.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

They are not completely worthless though; they are worth some Feathers. Except for 5* pity breakers, I do not mind pulling characters with little inheritance value since they would be a small boost to my Feather income.

I am not sure if that was sarcasm, but since launch, we have gotten over 2,000 summoning Orbs. That is a minimum of 400 characters with around twenty-four 5* characters.

I like that idea. It would also incentivize players to fill out their Arena Assault teams. Maybe they could also reward players for trying out new units by rewarding them with an Orb each time a character hit an increment of 1,000 in Hero Merit.

Well, it depends on how you define generosity. Getting something is certainly better than getting nothing.

Dont get me wrong - I like this game, but imo there should be more opportunities for us to get orbs. And I am not talking about those free orbs that you just get for login-in. Like everyday there should be some additional quests that should get at you at least 5 additional orbs, I am talking challenging quests. But thats my just my opinion.

On the other hand, and I agree with you on that, everyone should have been able to get lots of 5* units until now both from summoning and from promotion - and its like more of them would be in any way necessary to complete any quests. Some units have just a temporary bonus like in TT and soften the grind.

So in the end I am no longer sure if they are generous or not - still, more orbs are always welcome.

57 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Like everyday there should be some additional quests that should get at you at least 5 additional orbs, I am talking challenging quests. But thats my just my opinion.

I do not mind doing additional tasks for Orbs, but I prefer that only small subset of tasks are challenging since I do not want new players to feel like they got left out a lot.

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Dont get me wrong - I like this game, but imo there should be more opportunities for us to get orbs. And I am not talking about those free orbs that you just get for login-in. Like everyday there should be some additional quests that should get at you at least 5 additional orbs, I am talking challenging quests. But thats my just my opinion.

They already give out about 200-250 free orbs every month, which is 50-60 pulls.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not mind doing additional tasks for Orbs, but I prefer that only small subset of tasks are challenging since I do not want new players to feel like they got left out a lot.

True - but you cannot prepare the majority of  quests in regard to new players. Like I said, in reality there is very little point in getting the new units. If you have reinhardt and blyn you are good most of the time.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They already give out about 200-250 free orbs every month, which is 50-60 pulls.

And yet people face the danger of encountering pity rates of 6%. Right, this is gatcha. Still, the more free orbs you get the less annoying such pity rates will become.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah. Tickets are literally no different than SQ that can only be used for summoning. I believe even with tickets taken into account, F/GO's free summon rate is pretty low. (And as mentioned before, Friend Point summons don't count because the pool is pretty terrible.)

--

I'm saying that's too generous.

Ok, so... are we going to keep making comparisons to other gaccha games or are we actually going to discuss if the idea is good or not? I think tickets could be a nice way to pull Heroes, but I'm also open to suggestions that increase Orb gains. The monthly challenges and special maps were quite fun ways to do that, and I don't think they were too generous (this is not a complaint, by the way).

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tap the middle blue button on the summoning screen (at the bottom of the banner image) and scroll to the very bottom. (It's a really long page.)

It says you're guaranteed a 5* pull after 120 failures, not that you're guaranteed a full set of 5 5* pulls.

After summoning 115 times, you have a 11,5% chance of pulling a 5*. Ok, that's not bad at all, but considering that, after 50 misses, you'll still only have a 5% chance of pulling a 5* (and that disconsiders how 5* Heroes and 5* Focus Heroes have that rate split up between them), that's quite a lot of spending.

Considering that the game awards 131-335 orbs a month (with the average being 250~), on the best case scenario for free orbs distribution, you are guaranteed two chances to get a random 5* pull after 240 failures. Seems pretty good in a vaccuum, if you ask me, but...

The problem is that it is not enough for all the banners we get. We have around 4 banners, and a player who only uses free orbs is pretty much limited to one or two banners AND snipping for heroes that they want. Going any further costs too much.

Orbs are also given gradually, and not all at once, whereas banners have a limited time of availability. So it's not that, on the best case scenario, you have 335 orbs for spending (and that's also if you're a very dilligent player who did all quests and who logged in every day). It's possible you'll have just a few orbs to spend in a banner before it disappears.

This is why I suggested a Free Summon per day for each banner. If IS bombards us with banners again, we'd have more opportunities to draw from them. I don't see how this is absurd.

12 minutes ago, Rapier said:

It says you're guaranteed a 5* pull after 120 failures, not that you're guaranteed a full set of 5 5* pulls.

I'm not sure what it says in English, but in Japanese, the immediate next sentence says that all 5 umbrellas will contain a 5-star character.

Ok, so... are we going to keep making comparisons to other gaccha games or are we actually going to discuss if the idea is good or not? I think tickets could be a nice way to pull Heroes, but I'm also open to suggestions that increase Orb gains. The monthly challenges and special maps were quite fun ways to do that, and I don't think they were too generous (this is not a complaint, by the way).

Adding tickets would be effectively equivalent to increasing the acquisition rate of orbs because orbs would be a perfect substitute for tickets. I've already voiced my opinions on the orb acquisition rate in this game.

This is why I suggested a Free Summon per day for each banner. If IS bombards us with banners again, we'd have more opportunities to draw from them. I don't see how this is absurd.

One free summon per day per banner is exactly equivalent to 5 free orbs per day per banner (that you lose if you don't use). Assuming a conservative average of 3 banners active on any given day is a total of 450 additional free orbs per month, which almost triples the current number of free orbs we currently receive.

Edited by Ice Dragon

57 minutes ago, Rapier said:

"If you summon 120 times in a row without summoning a 5* Hero, then the summoning rate for 5* Heroes will be raised to 100% for the next summoning session. When that happens, summoning with any of the five summoning stones will result in a 5* Hero."

Sounds like a full set of 5*s to me, given that the rate doesn't reset until you back out of a session, to my knowledge.

Edited by C. Turtle

6 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

True - but you cannot prepare the majority of  quests in regard to new players. Like I said, in reality there is very little point in getting the new units. If you have reinhardt and blyn you are good most of the time.

And yet people face the danger of encountering pity rates of 6%. Right, this is gatcha. Still, the more free orbs you get the less annoying such pity rates will become.

Honestly out of all gacha games I know FEH is most generous. Free pull every banner, 200-300 free orbs monthly, free game breaking "legendary hero" of choice, extremely useful free characters like Xander, Camus or BK, pity rate mechanic, rarity promotion and sniping option for higher chance to get character you want. Not to mention 5 star rate is pretty high.

Even if only half of that were true it still would more  then enough. Aren't you getting too spoiled here? 

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Honestly out of all gacha games I know FEH is most generous. Free pull every banner, 200-300 free orbs monthly, free game breaking "legendary hero" of choice, extremely useful free characters like Xander, Camus or BK, pity rate mechanic, rarity promotion and sniping option for higher chance to get character you want. Not to mention 5 star rate is pretty high.

Even if only half of that were true it still would more  then enough. Aren't you getting too spoiled here? 

Hmmm... feh is my first gacha game, so I cant tell about the others really. Never would have gotten into it if it wasnt fire emblem. Maybe I have different expectations.

On 05.12.2017 at 12:30 AM, Rapier said:

Understandably, the game has expanded a lot since it was released, and with it the amount of playable characters. The problem is that this increasing number of playable characters is not being accompanied by a proportionate number of orbs (I'm not saying we're not been given more orbs, only that this amount isn't really enough), and the chances of drawing characters grow ever thin.

To at least mend this issue, I suggest a few unoriginal measures:

- Add the Infernal difficulty for all Story Maps and Paralogue Maps and have them give one orb for each stage completion;

- Make an alternate currency that can be used instead of orbs (for summoning, expanding the barracks, upgrading the castle etc.), like with Fate GO. This currency should be obtainable from doing quests, going rounds in the arena and obtained as Tempest Trial rewards, and it should be technically infinite - it just costs a lot to do stuff with it, and requires grinding for methods that are not quest/TT rewards;

- Separate staff users from bow/shuriken users, because it's time we clean the colorless hell. To deal with the issue of having 6 types of Summoning Orbs, increase their number from 5 to 6 and code it so that only 4 Summoning Orbs of the same color can appear in a session;

- Increase the chances of drawing a character that hasn't been drawn yet. I think increasing it by 2% is a good number, but I still need to think if this number is going to be the same for all stars, or which number would be ideal for each unit star type;

- Take the "one free summon per day" idea that Fate GO uses and implement it.

Yeah, let's separate axes and blue mages too, this idea doesn't make sense, healers just got buffed, if you don't like them don't assume every one else does too

• 4 months later...

I had an idea for a new Hero Banner. Not sure if it goes with this forum exactly but here it is.

Basically, it is inspired by the Fallen Heroes Banner. This includes 4 characters for the summoning and one for both a potential Grand Hero Battle and Tempest Trial exclusive character. Too many mages though here I will admit. 

Dark Heroes:

Julius: Dark Heir (Geneology of the Holy War) Blue Tome User (Weapon: Loptyr)

Lyon: Possessed Prince (Sacred Stones)(His appearance when the Demon King controls him) Red Tome User (Weapon: Demonic Naglfar)

Nergal: Quintessence Absorber (Blazing Blade/FE7) Red Tome User Probably (Weapon: Ereshkigal)

Gunter: Knight of Betrayal (Fates)(What he looks like when you fight him in Revelations) Axe User (Weapon: Devil Axe)

Dark Heroes GHB: 

Validar: Grima's Faithful (Awakening) Red Tome User (Weapon: Grima's Truth)

Dark Heroes Tempest Trials Character:

Idoun: Dark Shaman (Binding Blade)(What she looks like when wearing her robes) Green Tome User (Weapon: Dragon's Tome)

OR 

Idoun: Dark Dragon (Binding Blade) Blue Breath (Weapon: Dark Breath+)

Please feel free to tell me what you personally think of my idea.

Edited by Blackknight18

@Blackknight18 You can try posting in this "Desired New Heroes and New Hero Banners Discussion" thread here. It was little bit difficult to find though since it is stuck all the way back on the third page.

— — — — — — —

Since I am already here, I think I will just post here since it seems better than making a new topic about ideas as that would just add more clutter.

As for the idea, I really want to know what their sales numbers are like for each Focus. Generally, I think the more transparency there is, the better things get. In return for revealing sales data to the public, maybe they can entice players to help them achieve sales target by giving every player a free Orb each time a Focus's sales target has been reached. Maybe they can even give two free Orbs if a stretch goal is achieved. If a particular Focus is not doing particularly well, players can immediately give feedback on why that may be, such as which characters they were trying pull, which characters they were avoiding, whether they sniped or not, etc.

Frankly, I feel like 100+ 5* units as a f2p player in a little over a single year indicates that they've been pretty generous thus far.

Not that I wouldn't want more but I just doubt that what you describe is something they believe to be a problem.

Edited by Vince777

What about a system where you can pay a certain number of orbs in order to receive a character, but they lack some of their unique skills. Like for exampel, you could totally buy M!Grima for 30-50 orbs, but he'd come without Vengeful Fighter, and his version of Expiration only has 14 or even 12 MT. It'd be a way for F2Ps to get their favourites while still needing to expend orbs, yet whales would obviously still prefer the gacha.

Granted, I don't see Intsys profiting too much from this system. They could do something like this to be nice, but no one is stopping them from continuing their (likely more profitable) gacha model.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

What about a system where you can pay a certain number of orbs in order to receive a character, but they lack some of their unique skills. Like for exampel, you could totally buy M!Grima for 30-50 orbs, but he'd come without Vengeful Fighter, and his version of Expiration only has 14 or even 12 MT. It'd be a way for F2Ps to get their favourites while still needing to expend orbs, yet whales would obviously still prefer the gacha.

Granted, I don't see Intsys profiting too much from this system. They could do something like this to be nice, but no one is stopping them from continuing their (likely more profitable) gacha model.

How about without any skills, including the weapons?

My biggest gripe with the game is that GHB maps just sit there after you complete them and the quests related to them. I'd like them to give daily GHB quests

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

How about without any skills, including the weapons?

My biggest gripe with the game is that GHB maps just sit there after you complete them and the quests related to them. I'd like them to give daily GHB quests

Honestly the thing I wish they would do with the GHB's is ax the quests (or at least the ones that give out the extra copy of the unit) and just refresh the maps when a player completes all the difficulties. Especially since they just reduced the stamina cost to zero. Maybe nix the feather reward and just hand out the unit the second time round (I would be absolutely fine if only the infernal difficulty rewards refreshed too, rather than all of them). With the units sitting at 3-4*s people would still need to acquire feathers in order to promote (or fodder off certain skills) so it wouldn't be completely free once people finish the first time.

1 hour ago, Alternate Blue said:

Honestly the thing I wish they would do with the GHB's is ax the quests (or at least the ones that give out the extra copy of the unit) and just refresh the maps when a player completes all the difficulties. Especially since they just reduced the stamina cost to zero. Maybe nix the feather reward and just hand out the unit the second time round (I would be absolutely fine if only the infernal difficulty rewards refreshed too, rather than all of them). With the units sitting at 3-4*s people would still need to acquire feathers in order to promote (or fodder off certain skills) so it wouldn't be completely free once people finish the first time.

That means players can just immediately +10 whatever GHB unit is released and have infinite fodder for certain skills for free. It is not hard to clear Infernal, especially with all the free guides on YouTube and players can just get skills like Lancebreaker, B Tomebreaker, Goad Cavalry, Def Ploy, Drive Res, Fury, and Spd Ploy completely free without ever spending Orbs on them.

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

Just make him come at 1-star rarity.

Avoids the hassle of maintaining two sets of skill tables for each character and two different weapons (because those would necessarily be two different weapons clogging up the weapons table) for each unique weapon.

4 hours ago, Alternate Blue said:

Maybe nix the feather reward and just hand out the unit the second time round (I would be absolutely fine if only the infernal difficulty rewards refreshed too, rather than all of them).

Having fixed enemies means you can literally use the exact same team with the exact same actions to clear the node each time it refreshes.

Really, all they need is to release quests to get additional copies on a regular basis, such as as part of the monthly quests.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

That means players can just immediately +10 whatever GHB unit is released and have infinite fodder for certain skills for free. It is not hard to clear Infernal, especially with all the free guides on YouTube and players can just get skills like Lancebreaker, B Tomebreaker, Goad Cavalry, Def Ploy, Drive Res, Fury, and Spd Ploy completely free without ever spending Orbs on them.

There's a GHB unit with Fury? Serious question. It just kind of surprised me since I apparently have absolutely no memory of it.

Anyway, for GHBs, my personal opinion is that they should be part of the monthly quests, or maybe do like 3 a month and rotate them. Same for TT characters. Have some way of getting more merges. As it stands now, it's going to be a minimum of another year before anyone can even +10 one GHB or TT unit, those being Michalis, Zephiel, or MM from what I remember. Camus and Xander have another two or so years. I also would like some way of fixing their lack of IVs, which'd make sense to go with an IV reroller. Maybe like 1-3 orbs per attempt and at any point in the session you can back out and reset the IV to what it was initially. I figure make it a little cheaper than a normal summon because even though there's a certain level of guarantee, you don't get the potential benefits of SI fodder or a merge.

I also like @Glennstavos's idea of personal focus units, be it one or more. It'd obviously have to cost something, and would dilute the chances of getting one of the actual banner characters if I'm understanding summoning percentages correctly, but it would give people a chance of getting a character they like that hasn't appeared in a while. On one hand, I kind of want to say make it so that if the character is already on the banner it increases the odds, but not knowing how those characters are randomized, it might be a big change, and either way, it could potentially decrease profits by making a character noticeably easier to pull.

@Ice Dragon I think the issue with just making them 1 star is how the feather costs scale. It's paltry to get someone from 1 to 3, and 4 is more significant but still isn't actually all that bad. To get someone from 4 to 5, you could get 90 characters from 1 to 3.That said, I also don't think cutting out or altering scales would be a good solution. It just seems like it's asking for people to complain.  If they really wanted to discourage it, they could sell characters with their worst possible IVs.

Edited by bottlegnomes

16 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

There's a GHB unit with Fury? Serious question. It just kind of surprised me since I apparently have absolutely no memory of it.

Legion.

16 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I think the issue with just making them 1 star is how the feather costs scale. It's paltry to get someone from 1 to 3, and 4 is more significant but still isn't actually all that bad. To get someone from 4 to 5, you could get 90 characters from 1 to 3.

It still costs 5,000 shards to level a unit up to level 20 if you don't want to deal with manually leveling, and I don't know about other players, but I'm actually very low on shards most of the time because I actually make use of them.

And, it would still cost the 22,220 feathers to get a unit up to 5-star rarity to get their 5-star skills.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legion.

Oh, duh, right.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It still costs 5,000 shards to level a unit up to level 20 if you don't want to deal with manually leveling, and I don't know about other players, but I'm actually very low on shards most of the time because I actually make use of them.

And, it would still cost the 22,220 feathers to get a unit up to 5-star rarity to get their 5-star skills.

Really? I'm usually swimming in them. Currently around 300,000 of universal each, plus whatever for each color. I don't actually mind manually leveling characters up, even if it is just for something like SI promotions. In fact, that's sometimes easier because it always seems like getting them from 1-20 takes about 5 runs through the training tower. Then again I'm not swimming in SI fodder and feathers for said fodder so said fodder usually waits around for a while until I actually harvest their sweet, sweet innards. I also actually get use out of light's blessings for exactly that purpose, so maybe I'm not the best person to judge that by.

But anyway, my point wasn't so much that they shouldn't lower rarity—they'd almost be insane not to—it was more that I feel like they'd still need to have some other discouraging factor, e.g. orb price being obscenely high, limitations on purchase amounts, etc., since, maybe it's different to other players, but the difference between a 1 star and a 3 star always seemed like it was effectively nil to me.

Edited by bottlegnomes