FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Per usual I'm behind the times, since I've been at work until now, but are the new Fighter Skills going to be Armor-locked, since they sound a bit like Wary Fighter?  The Japanese names often give a better clue, and we've also got the confusion of whether +1 means the special triggers faster or slower.

The names of the skills in both English and Japanese follow the same pattern as Wary Fighter, and the skill icons use the same some-arrangement-of-circles motif. It's pretty much guaranteed that they're locked to armors.

My explanation of skills that affect the special trigger is here:

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, since I saw this mentioned over and over in the past however-many hours, there is a difference between "cooldown count±1" and "cooldown charge±1". "Count" refers to the actual value on the gauge and "charge" refers to the amount of cooldown consumed ("charged") per action.

40 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Random tidbit that doesn't really matter, but it seems Fjorm has replaced Virion as the fourth player unit in the new hero videos.

Virion has been replaced by Fjorm in new character trailers since the trailer for the Legendary Heroes banner, if I'm not mistaken.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Virion has been replaced by Fjorm in new character trailers since the trailer for the Legendary Heroes banner, if I'm not mistaken.

I went ahead and checked, and at least for the English trailers, the Legendary Hero trailer and the Children of Fate trailer did not end with preview of a new chapter/paralogue, so this is the first time we've seen Fjorm taking Virion's place.

4 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

That makes me sadder than no reindeer riding units, to be honest.

Something bothers me about doubling up on the infantry lance blonde girl for the canon team.  Why couldn't they have given her a different weapon so she just wasn't better Sharena?

47 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Random tidbit that doesn't really matter, but it seems Fjorm has replaced Virion as the fourth player unit in the new hero videos.

Reveal hidden contents

qAFo6wt.png

R.I.P. Virion.

I've already promoted two archers this month to five star but...what the heck, I can keep the dream alive for Virion.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Something bothers me about doubling up on the infantry lance blonde girl for the canon team.  Why couldn't they have given her a different weapon so she just wasn't better Sharena?

You mean make her a bow or dagger user? 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I agree tbh. Bow or dagger would have been a fun edition instead.

Just now, Rezzy said:

That bothered me as well. It was already bad enough that Sharena required a bit of effort to build, then they just introduce this chick that's better for free?

IS is cold as ice.

31 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It occurred to me earlier there's a chance refinement could give Chrom and Lissa's weapons different effects.

You're right!

I didn't even realize that... hmm. Well now I'm scared to see what they're gonna do :blink:

32 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Soren is close enough.

Oh my gosh

Brazen Atk/Def Oboro

This is the part where I go on about how great Nino is

Forgive me if this has been answer, but how the heck is Tharja an Armored unit?

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

You mean make her a bow or dagger user? 

Sure, or even give her an Ice Tome, name her Elsa, and call it a day.

6 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I went ahead and checked, and at least for the English trailers, the Legendary Hero trailer and the Children of Fate trailer did not end with preview of a new chapter/paralogue, so this is the first time we've seen Fjorm taking Virion's place.

Ah. I figured out what I was thinking about now. At the end of the last Feh Channel, they had a single cut of gameplay with Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Fjorm as the party. True, they were showing off Fjorm at the time, but it was a convenient time to get Virion out of the picture once and for all.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Pick your explanation:

1. There's sheet metal sewn in her cape.
  2. RPG bikini armor too stronk.
  3. It's cold and she's not wearing much and she probably can't move very fast because it's cold.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A lot of the armours added recently have been questionably armoured at best, (looks at every seasonal armoured units) but how a bikini can be considered armour is one of video games  great mysteries.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This is the question of the day. 

I'm going with "a wizard did it" until I can think of something better.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh my gosh

Brazen Atk/Def Oboro

This is the part where I go on about how great Nino is

See now you're really thinking! 

Nino is a good, and deserves happiness.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You're right!

I didn't even realize that... hmm. Well now I'm scared to see what they're gonna do :blink:

I honestly hope they go this route, it would be nice if those weapons had something to differentiate them.

49 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It occurred to me earlier there's a chance refinement could give Chrom and Lissa's weapons different effects.

That doesn't seem like it would fit with any patterns of how they've been distributing refinement bonus effects so far.

If they wanted them to have different effects, I think they would have given the base weapons different effects.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ah. I figured out what I was thinking about now. At the end of the last Feh Channel, they had a single cut of gameplay with Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Fjorm as the party. True, they were showing off Fjorm at the time, but it was a convenient time to get Virion out of the picture once and for all.

Pick your explanation:

1. There's sheet metal sewn in her cape.
  2. RPG bikini armor too stronk.
  3. It's cold and she's not wearing much and she probably can't move very fast because it's cold.

But it's not cold, Tharja is repping Southern Hemisphere Christmas.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Silly Rezzy, don't you know? The more revealing the outfit a girl wears, the higher their defense. XD

So is the reason Effie is an Armor because she wears no pants and not the plate mail she wears on top?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So is the reason Effie is an Armor because she wears no pants and not the plate mail she wears on top?

That and the fact that said plate mail is actually shaped onto her chest, which actually realistically should not provide protection.

9 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but why do people not want this lock? I don't even want this skill to exist.

Instead of just adding OP new skills all the time, can we just get 4* units that have Quick Riposte and Life and Death?  They could slow the power creep by just adding the older useful skills to the 4* pool, rather than feeling they need to come up with better and better skills with every Banner.

5 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but why do people not want this lock? I don't even want this skill to exist.

You can not want it to exist, but guess what? It does!

Most armored units are kinda slow, and their speed would only be hardly sub par after a +7 buff in speed.... but I'd imagine ALL the units on this banner would have at least decent speed

Even so, having that broken power on a mage is very satisfying. The brazen skills work really good player controlled, while on an enemy they might get one shot anyway

Embrace the future!

Just now, Arcanite said:

You can not want it to exist, but guess what? It does!

Most armored units are kinda slow, and their speed would only be hardly sub par after a +7 buff in speed.... but I'd imagine ALL the units on this banner would have at least decent speed

Even so, having that broken power on a mage is very satisfying. The brazen skills work really good player controlled, while on an enemy they might get one shot anyway

Embrace the future!

That sounds like a horrible future, lol.

What's to say these skills aren't going to get powercrept out? It's just an endless cycle.