FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You can not want it to exist, but guess what? It does!

Most armored units are kinda slow, and their speed would only be hardly sub par after a +7 buff in speed.... but I'd imagine ALL the units on this banner would have at least decent speed

Even so, having that broken power on a mage is very satisfying. The brazen skills work really good player controlled, while on an enemy they might get one shot anyway

Embrace the future!

We've actually got quite a few speedy armor units, Black Knight, Amelia, Henry, Draug. more I might not remember.  Since we've only got like 10 Armors, almost have aren't slow-pokes.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Instead of just adding OP new skills all the time, can we just get 4* units that have Quick Riposte and Life and Death?  They could slow the power creep by just adding the older useful skills to the 4* pool, rather than feeling they need to come up with better and better skills with every Banner.

At the very least, we have characters available at 3-star rarity that provide those skills, even if they need to be promoted to 5-star to do so.

Meanwhile, we still have relatively old skills that are locked behind 5-star-exclusive pulls and limited characters, like Wrathful Staff, Dazzling Staff, Swift Sparrow, Distant Def, Close Def, Wrath, Rally Atk/Spd, Goad Armor, and Hone Fliers. Honestly, I'd like for them to slow down just a bit with new skills and flesh out the summoning pool with more sources for harder-to-get skills first.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You can not want it to exist, but guess what? It does!

Most armored units are kinda slow, and their speed would only be hardly sub par after a +7 buff in speed.... but I'd imagine ALL the units on this banner would have at least decent speed

Even so, having that broken power on a mage is very satisfying. The brazen skills work really good player controlled, while on an enemy they might get one shot anyway

Embrace the future!

I will find it amusing if they are locked to melee armor and melee infantry.

The biggest problem with the Brazen skills is that unless you are using Ardent Sacrifice, you're going to be handicapped on your first round of combat, which is typically the most important one.

47 minutes ago, Othin said:

That doesn't seem like it would fit with any patterns of how they've been distributing refinement bonus effects so far.

It doesn't fit any patterns, but the refinement is also totally new so who knows what crazy stuff IS will throw at us with it. It wouldn't surprise me ether way.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the very least, we have characters available at 3-star rarity that provide those skills, even if they need to be promoted to 5-star to do so.

Meanwhile, we still have relatively old skills that are locked behind 5-star-exclusive pulls and limited characters, like Wrathful Staff, Dazzling Staff, Swift Sparrow, Distant Def, Close Def, Wrath, Rally Atk/Spd, Goad Armor, and Hone Fliers. Honestly, I'd like for them to slow down just a bit with new skills and flesh out the summoning pool with more sources for harder-to-get skills first.

I would be okay with that.  I'm okay with skills like Distant Counter staying 5* exclusive, but Hone Flyers and other skills could really go with a units that isn't 5* locked and/or limited.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would be okay with that.  I'm okay with skills like Distant Counter staying 5* exclusive, but Hone Flyers and other skills could really go with a units that isn't 5* locked and/or limited.

Seriously. I find it funny that the cavalry buffs are so easy to get (which contribute to making horse teams broken) but having full flier buffs is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

4 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Seriously. I find it funny that the cavalry buffs are so easy to get (which contribute to making horse teams broken) but having full flier buffs is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

It's getting annoying at this point. Flier emblem isn't broken and why bother using them when Horse emblem is so easy to create especially for f2p. Flying mages have all been seasonal, hone fliers is locked to 5 stars and a lot of top tier flyers either require a lot of investment(Cherche) or are locked at 5 stars(Minerva, Elencia, Hinoka, Tana). At least they have been nerfing horse emblem somewhat and trying to encourage players to use armored units.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ew.

+1

On another note. All of the armors look good and the armor skills will eventually seep into the pool of regular units. But that Brazen ATK/SPD... Lyn wants that... I mean Lyn really wants that. I don't think there's a single unit that wants that A skill more than she does. Sol Katti Desp/Brash + Brazen ATK/SPD + Wrath. Everything about her becomes ridiculous at that 75% threshold. And with her bulk intact she won't die in the first encounter.

I want 2 of those Robins so bad... one to keep and one to feed to Lyn. If I only get one I'm going to pray it's a bad nature, cause if it is, I'm rocketshipping him to 3000 HM and I'm feeding him to Lyn.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ew.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

+1

Am I missing some Urban Dictionary definition the kids are using nowadays?

Man... gotta hand it to IS. There have been virtually zero banners that I haven't been excited about and this one is no exception. The characters look great, their weapons and skills are cool... I'm glad I'm coming into this banner with over 60 orbs, hoping to get at least one of the units. Though this'll fly in the face of my Legendary banner savings. Hopefully we'll get one copy of the next Legendary hero for free like with Fjorm.

Can someone explain to me how Tharja can wear even LESS clothing than she usually does???

Like, this isn't even summer banner. Also once again we get even more swords added to the summoning pool and no seasonal swords. Joy...

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Can someone explain to me how Tharja can wear even LESS clothing than she usually does???

Like, this isn't even summer banner. Also once again we get even more swords added to the summoning pool and no seasonal swords. Joy...

Well her fans like me  is all the armor she needs, The biggest different is that Tharja doesn't have the see through clothing otherwise it would the same, Plegia has a hot Winter. ( My guess is that this version of Tharja was summoned in the middle of a changing session.)

46 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

From my perspective, a Christmas banner is a summer banner. Clearly she's celebrating Christmas the southern hemisphere way. ; )

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We've actually got quite a few speedy armor units, Black Knight, Amelia, Henry, Draug. more I might not remember.  Since we've only got like 10 Armors, almost have aren't slow-pokes.

Draug is nigh irrelevant

Their speed tier is pretty good. I guess I never realized ? how much we have now

BK is still not that hard to deal with though heh

Spoiler

What is Triangle Adept https://imgur.com/gallery/jV77I

Amelia is fast, but who doesn't have an OP sword by now

I hate Henry

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The biggest problem with the Brazen skills is that unless you are using Ardent Sacrifice, you're going to be handicapped on your first round of combat, which is typically the most important one.

Player controlled, that won't be much of an issue. People with strong bases would be the only ones using it anyway. If it's locked to armors, the brazen atk/def wary fighter combo will be lethal

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What "caw"se did Henry give you to hate him?  You supported him in the mage gauntlet.

He's just annoying to deal with I also supported him for the becaws of the amazing puns

My Arena croe is Nino Lancina and Olivia, as you may know. Nino is really strong but she can't always punch through Henrys bulk. And usually when I see him he's always run with Fort Armors on someone else. Not to mention his decent speed tier, AND the fact that he could have green tome breaker

I fought a vantage one once...

I did not realize he had it.... and Olivia was not in a position to hit him so I was screwed

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Forgive me if this has been answer, but how the heck is Tharja an Armored unit?

Tharja can class change into a Knight in Awakening.

Now try explaining all the other offclasses on seasonal units...

38 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nino is really strong but she can't always punch through Henrys bulk. And usually when I see him he's always run with Fort Armors on someone else. Not to mention his decent speed tier, AND the fact that he could have green tome breaker

I fought a vantage one once...

I did not realize he had it.... and Olivia was not in a position to hit him so I was screwed

I just throw Alfonse at Henry.

Problem solved.

As good as Armor March is, unless we get permanent ranged armors added to the roster it just doesn’t seem worthwhile to run over DC Ward. Their movement even after applying March is still worse than fliers, which in turn are worse than cavalry. I’m excited for CC Vengeance though.

Now if Armor March was a seal things would be a lot more interesting.

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Am I missing some Urban Dictionary definition the kids are using nowadays?

I just happen to share Anakin's opinion on sand. "I don't like sand."

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

If it's locked to armors, the brazen atk/def wary fighter combo will be lethal

Brazen means you're not running Distant Counter, meaning you can't do shit to anything ranged and they get Repositioned back so you can't reach them anymore.

Think theres some dark magic somewhere that makes a persons body feel no effect to the coldness of the weather? perhaps Tharja just doesnt feel the cold cause she did a hex or a curse on herself to have her body feel numb or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

Think theres some dark magic somewhere that makes a persons body feel no effect to the coldness of the weather? perhaps Tharja just doesnt feel the cold cause she did a hex or a curse on herself to have her body feel numb or whatever.

Considering that there's a hex that makes her no longer feel any form of shame given by her conversation with Cordelia in the Summer DLC, it's possible. But something big must have been used. 

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brazen means you're not running Distant Counter, meaning you can't do shit to anything ranged and they get Repositioned back so you can't reach them anymore.

Well we now have 3 units with armor March, so there will be more situations than not where enemies are out of range, assuming a march team

Assuming not march... that's gonna be a problem. Ward emblem means they can out sustain at least, taking minimal damage to keep you alive and then slapping the enemy with Ignis triggers HEH

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well we now have 3 units with armor March, so there will be more situations than not where enemies are out of range, assuming a march team

Melee units cannot reach a Repositioned ranged unit without killing the unit that Repositioned them first.

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Assuming not march... that's gonna be a problem. Ward emblem means they can out sustain at least, taking minimal damage to keep you alive and then slapping the enemy with Ignis triggers HEH

Zephiel, Draug, and Arden can't tank green magic worth shit even with full stacks of Ward Armor. The Black Knight can only do so by virtue of killing on the counterattack.