FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

12 minutes ago, Thany said:

DRI41ChVQAEbmOB.jpg

Poor Fredrick, could only afford enough to give santa outfits to them and Robin, at least Chrom and Lissa are dressed warmly XD

Well, Robin at least. Chrom is still missing a sleeve and Lissa's dress has exposed shoulders.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Thany said:

Poor Fredrick, could only afford enough to give santa outfits to them and Robin, at least Chrom and Lissa are dressed warmly XD

This ↓.

58 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, Robin at least. Chrom is still missing a sleeve and Lissa's dress has exposed shoulders.

Then again, I'm the guy who still goes out in a t-shirt if it's not too windy.

2 hours ago, Thany said:

DRI41ChVQAEbmOB.jpg

Hey, nice pic. Where did you find it ?

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Melee units cannot reach a Repositioned ranged unit without killing the unit that Repositioned them first.

I know

Assuming a team with Henry or Tharja with mixed buffs that won't be much of a problem 

Also that damage could very well be enough for brazen so that melee unit is probably gonna get hit twice and die assuming march, but I guess that would also depend on whether or not we're even speaking of low attack armors like Sheena and Draug or whatever

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zephiel, Draug, and Arden can't tank green magic worth shit even with full stacks of Ward Armor. The Black Knight can only do so by virtue of killing on the counterattack.

Literally all zephiels run wary

Draug is a bit fast, but that speed is really the only thing that can save him from getting annihilated... and he only has like 32 base speed so you have a point there. If the green mage isn't Nino, Julia Cecila and DrDre would have a bit of trouble, just sayin

I've yet to see arden in arena actually, but yeah he also would be laced lol

I'm unsure how many people run green magic in their team though, and if it isn't Nino then they're probably gonna have ick speed at best.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm sorry everyone else's Zephiels can't one-round-kill half the game without taking damage.

You've lost all chances at tanking the ever so scary red mages we see all the time

The main reason why I am ok with this banner is they are finally putting a blue armor in the game who's art I like.  If I pull C!Robin I will be very happy.  My arena team is my armor team.  I ended up switching after I pulled H!Henry and I have to say I have more fun with my armor team the my horse emblem team.  

10 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Literally all zephiels run wary

Draug is a bit fast, but that speed is really the only thing that can save him from getting annihilated... and he only has like 32 base speed so you have a point there. If the green mage isn't Nino, Julia Cecila and DrDre would have a bit of trouble, just sayin

I've yet to see arden in arena actually, but yeah he also would be laced lol

I'm unsure how many people run green magic in their team though, and if it isn't Nino then they're probably gonna have ick speed at best.

i wouldnt be so sure to count out Zephiel. He has very high HP and with the weapon refinery he can run a Slaying edge + that grants another 5 HP, couple that with a 5 HP sacred seal and you are looking at 65 HP and 24 RES to overcome. For a Red mage that means 89 atk in raw power, assuming an Atk+ Tharja thats 52 base atk with Litrblade pre buffs at +10, slap 20 atk from litrblade and thats 72 attack, run life and death 3 thats 77 atk. not enough to kill on the first hit and zephiel can strike back with Reprisal (or some other 2 turn cooldown) which will one shot Tharja, unless she runs desperation of course!

Nino will face weapon Triangle disadvantage. Obviously Blue mages will still nuke him into oblivion (especially reinhardt)

Zephiel has more bulk on the 1. hit then Arden or Black Knight, which might force the other Team to get into Desperation range.

I wouldnt say that Armor units will now still run only Wary Fighter. most Armored units run Wary fighter because it covered their weak point: SPD. There was no decent skill to turn them into Attacking machines outside of Arden, due to their low Speed. But those new skills add another layer to armor emblem Teams with Distant Counter (because honestly an armored unit without Distant Counter might as well just burn), its turns them into scary "player phase units" that are rather bulky, couple that with armor march and you better get fast into Desperation range or have other means in the form of Windsweep/Sweepweapons/Saceas Blessing to deal with them.

The real question is, how will we be able to acquire all these new characters?  There's no debate that their skills are great.  However, the average player is running ou of orbs and/or disposable income for FEH.  I probably spent 200 f2p orbs on the Legendary Heroes banner (no regrets, I did quite well).  There's also been many other good banners this month, such as the CYL Heroes returning, and banners including popular units like Nephenee, Sonya, Lyn, and Amelia.  Children of Fate were also popular, and I'd assume many were baited by Soleil and her Firesweep weapon.  It's also likely a New Years banner will be on the 1st, with new seasonal Hoshido units.  Finally, a Legendary Heroes banner with Fjorm will return as well.  

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The real question is, how will we be able to acquire all these new characters?  There's no debate that their skills are great.  However, the average player is running ou of orbs and/or disposable income for FEH.  I probably spent 200 f2p orbs on the Legendary Heroes banner (no regrets, I did quite well).  There's also been many other good banners this month, such as the CYL Heroes returning, and banners including popular units like Nephenee, Sonya, Lyn, and Amelia.  Children of Fate were also popular, and I'd assume many were baited by Soleil and her Firesweep weapon.  It's also likely a New Years banner will be on the 1st, with new seasonal Hoshido units.  Finally, a Legendary Heroes banner with Fjorm will return as well.  

Personally, as a f2p player, I haven't spent any orbs since the Halloween banner. I should be able to sink a max of about 350 orbs into this banner by the end of the month, which gives something like a 75% chance of getting Tharja if I stick to red. If I get Tharja, I'd like to move on to going for Robin, but I'll have to wait and see what the upcoming banners are like before I commit to that. In particular, I want to see if the New Year's banner will have a blue tome armor. I also want to see what the next Legendary Heroes banner will be like, but I don't expect it to be any more appealing than the first one.

4 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

The real question is, how will we be able to acquire all these new characters?  There's no debate that their skills are great.  However, the average player is running ou of orbs and/or disposable income for FEH.

Free-to-players should be saving orbs for banners they want to pull from. If two such banners happen back to back, then you're simply out of luck.

As a F2P player myself I am to the point I save my orbs for a good banner and only pull then.  If new units are added to the summoning pull I don't worry about pulling for them unless it is one of my top favorites, since I know I will pull them eventually .  I have 119 orbs right now and I am just going to pull for Robin then stop.  As to the legendary banner coming I don't really care I have most everyone I want who is in the game, so unless H!Jakob is on it I probably won't pull.  New Year's banner I will only pull from if it has one of my favorites on it or a unit type that I really need, if that doesn't happen then I will skip it.  Being F2P just means managing your orbs wisely and I keep CC maps as back up for if they put someone I really want in the game.  

I'm F2P and already have 102 saved up after throwing almost every single orb previously at Fjorm (I forgot when I specifically called it quits, i may have saved some extra orbs). I did one full pull (so 15 orbs, since it was the freebie one) on the Fates kids banner so I was satisfied and started saving again. In the span of 2 weeks I already have 105 orbs 

Also as a F2P player it's not like I need any of these skills. If I wanted those, I'd whale for them. With a sizable stable of units and general purpose skills I can handle most content and am content with pingponging between Tiers 17-19 (though after the forge opened, probably be going 16-18). 

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

Give me Christmas Chrom, that's all I want! Thank God him and Tharja are different colors.

Yup, I'm so happy Tharja doesn't share a colour with any of the others :) 

I just wish Chrom was separate to Lissa, too, but oh well. 

Welp...update happened. For me anyways. IDK if it JUST happened or if my phone is slow and it happened a while ago. XD It feels kind of late for it to have just happened. I guess it's just a matter of time before stats get datamined. I checked gamepress a second ago and there wasn't anything posted yet.

43 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Welp...update happened. For me anyways. IDK if it JUST happened or if my phone is slow and it happened a while ago. XD It feels kind of late for it to have just happened. I guess it's just a matter of time before stats get datamined. I checked gamepress a second ago and there wasn't anything posted yet.

Stats are datamined! They are really good.

Datamined Stats:

Spoiler

x5rPkBG.jpg

BST: Chrom=174,  Lissa=175, Robin=174, Tharja=165

They do look really good stat wise! Lissa will still be my main goal, but now I'm slightly tempted to pull for all of them.

Winter Robin with Brazen Atk/Spd paired with his high speed with be insane. (41 if under 80% hp). Add Hone Armor to get 48 Atk/47 Spd without a weapon or IV's!

Edited by Lord_Grima

Welp. Neutral (don't know about her stat variances) X-mas Lissa just beat out Amelia, +Spd Gwendolyn, and +Spd Sheena in the BST department by reaching an all-new high that actually matters (175 neutral BST on X-mas Lissa).

Kind of annoying when seasonals become meta, I don't know for sure where everyone will factor in, but it's kind of aggravating when the fun units you get because it's festive end up being the best units in the game, looking at you cordelia, who was only dethroned by a mounted bow. I'm not too worried about them because armors don't give me much trouble, but I would rather original units actually get these kind of titles. Its especially aggravating that the only new armors and fliers we ever seem to get end up being seasonal and therefore incredibly rare due to their limited status.

23 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

by reaching an all-new high that actually matters

Except it doesn't really matter because as best as I can tell, Arena matches are capped at 750 points per match judging by the fact that the top teams have stopped using skills specifically focused on scoring.

I hate the concept of trainee BST. It's fair enough in games where 90-100% of it is spent levelling, but they have no place in a game where the same percentage of time is spent at the level cap. So with that in mind, I'm happy enough to see new armoured units being placed roughly in line with Amelia. Of course, I'd strongly be in favour of every single non-trainee unit released so far being given an extra 5 points too, even if it's a simple +1 to everything.

If I could go even further, I would modify the IV system (along with the A-slot passives) with their new stat weights in mind. 5 HP = 4 Def/Res = 3 Spd = 2 Atk, so a +HP -Atk unit would sensibly gain 5 HP but only lose 2 Atk. It'd make getting one far less of a punch in the gut at least.

Edited by Humanoid

One more hour, I only have 15 orbs so I'm going to have to be lucky or patient. Probably both. The only one I want is Tharja. It is so much easier to stay up until 1:00am than 2:00am. I'll be sad once Daylight Savings kicks up again.