Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got baited into turning over a second red. Didn't get Lucina but I got two actual lords in Marth and Eliwood. Hoping I pull either of these guys at a good nature someday. Would promote immediately.

Water blessing as a reward is unexpected. I'm personally hoping refining stones show up as well. Don't have a 40% bonus unit, but what else is new. 

So basically, we have a full tempest trial that not only gives us a repeat unit as a reward, but the only tempest reward unit to have been repeated before, on top of having the bonus units all be seasonal units for a two-week long banner.

Fuck off, game.

Edited by Sunwoo

So we're ending the year with Awakening tempest....and going back to poor decisions just like how the 1st tempest had some annoying features...

Why this isn't a mini-tempest, or why the banner for the 40% bonuses isn't available for longer (for once, this would justify making it a month long!) or why all bonus units are all armors since not everyone likes the 1 move...

Marth makes sense as a repeat because Awakening but it's still unfair to those people who missed the other TT bonus units.

The Sacred Seals better be worth it at least.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So basically, we have a full tempest trial that not only gives us a repeat unit as a reward, but the only tempest reward unit to have been repeated before, on top of having the bonus units all be seasonal units for a two-week long banner.

Fuck off, game.

The only positive spin is 'at least we don't have to use the Christmas units to get a brand new unit.'

...I miss when IS were assholes through gameplay. Now they're just extortionists.

How...Disappointing. At this point there's no reason to have Lucina unless you're a whale because "Marth" is the same thing and is easier to merge. 

I have exactly 0 of the 40% bonus units. I'll have to make it with my Lucina until I become able to get Tharja, Chrom or Lissa (if I get them in the first place). 

If I weren't so desperate for orbs I'd only go up to the last SS and that's it. At least IS noticed about the blessing issue and decided to give them outside of Fjorm. That will balance the playing field between f2p and whales even if it is at a snails pace.

I’m glad that blessings are available as rewards at least. The seals might be cool too. Time to train that -atk WE!Tharja I got

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Where was all this salt during the Genealogy Tempest? Oh yeah, people were too focused on Ayra.

Genealogy tempest wasn’t a full tempest that only has armor units, seasonal armor units, as the 40% bonus heroes. Not to mention a repeat unit of the only unit that has already gotten a repeat as a reward.

You know what is killing me the most with this so far?

A ton of other gachas so special Christmas events. For example, FGO ran a special event of 7 days and at the end you get a free special unit. There were several other items you could get, an item shop, etc. 

But what did Fire Emblem Heroes do? They re ran a bunch of old content and added a few new seasonal units in. Not a one of them were available for free in any way, not a single special event going on, no special quests, items, or even just maps. The Tempest Trial only has a special map to it, the boss isn’t even seasonal themed, and the new “unit” is just an old re run TT reward. 

FEH is the only game I have seen that has done absolutely nothing for December. And the likelyhood they don’t even bother doing anything on the 25th is high, unlike every other gacha out there. 

Talk about a complete failure on their part.

Edited by Tolvir

...Welp. I was really hoping for Tobin, but I suppose he'll get his chance another day. Not like I'm in a hurry to fill in the catalog of heroes, considering all the seasonals I've skipped, but it'd be nice to have him.

Anyway, I'm thankful for that Lissa I managed to pull. Probably gonna have to try and run my makeshift armour emblem team for the Tempest, since the only times I've actually managed to get all the rewards has been when I had a 40% bonus unit. Thankfully, none of them have maxed out hero merit yet. Guess I'll just end up merging the Maskths, since I obviously can't use them for inheritance.

Pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to this TTs. Perhaps it will be the first time for me to do the auto-mode, I don't like armors after all ... 

50 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The worst bonus line-up ever. I’ll have to run Marth then. Everything sucks.

Build a Frederick (and/or a Nowi)

While trying for a WE!Robin, I got a 3* +ATK/-SPD Frederick. I already sacrificed 20k feathers, my last Barst, my last spare Klein and some copies to him to make him a 4* +6 Brave+/DB3 wonder. 

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Maybe if the 10k, 20k and 40k rewards were also reward unit re-runs they could salvage this...

5* rewards at 10k? Would be nice, but unlikely. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Build a Frederick (and/or a Nowi)

Frederick, probably. I’ve got some spare Ravens and Hawkeyes, all 4★ though.

Nowi needs much inheritance, probably. And I need a team around her.

34 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

The only positive spin is 'at least we don't have to use the Christmas units to get a brand new unit.'

...I miss when IS were assholes through gameplay. Now they're just extortionists.

Can't argue with that logic. I'm a bit less bothered by going through the tempest with only 20% units after having done it twice before, but I'd like for it to be worth my while. So I guess getting more orbs and saving up for the legendary banner is my motivation (and feathers).

Yep, the developers got really greedy in the last few months. How dumb.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m glad that blessings are available as rewards at least. The seals might be cool too. Time to train that -atk WE!Tharja I got

Genealogy tempest wasn’t a full tempest that only has armor units, seasonal armor units, as the 40% bonus heroes. Not to mention a repeat unit of the only unit that has already gotten a repeat as a reward.

Seasonal or not, the genealogy characters had similar availability at the time of the tempest. As for the armor aspect, I can see that, but I'm glad to finally have an armor team that isn't Black Knight plus some four stars, so I'm personally fine with it. Also, Tobin was next in line but is also cited as one of the worst units in the game, do you really want him again?