Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So what you're telling me is that I have to pull for these Christmas units unless I want to suffer for this Tempest.

...Great.

Just fodder them off once you're done (if you actually get a Christmas unit)

But yeah I'm just hoping for good 20% bonus units at least. The CYL TT was okay because I had Brave Lyn and Joshua was pretty good with the bonus stats, but yeah I hate the 40% bonus system.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I pulled WE!Tharja earlier today, there can’t possibly be any way I don’t avoid the “no x1.4 bonus hero” bugaboo!

*SF!Chrom, BB!Cordelia, YS!Robin and WE!Robin end up being the x1.4s, none of which I have*

...IS......you mofos.........

If the Christmas units are the main bonus units, then this would be the first time that a Tempest would have at least some of its 40% units not be on their own Tempest banner. I think the only thing we can be confident about is Robin being the boss.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

If Robin is the boss, then what is the final map? Grima?

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe we get id purpose as the final boss music

It’s actually top half of Chapter 6 in Christmas decorations... (The map where you can recruit Gaius)

Found it on Reddit somewhere. 

24 minutes ago, Aera said:

It’s actually top half of Chapter 6 in Christmas decorations... (The map where you can recruit Gaius)

Found it on Reddit somewhere. 

Oh, I remember seeing that map on the stuff gamepress had datamined. That's interesting. Wonder how the enemies will be placed out.

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Almost makes me think we might get Emmeryn if we get a new unit.

most likely not, there is no extra space in the catalogue of heroes, and so far there hasn't been any time in which they added a new character right before a tempest trial just to keep it a secret, if we already have the assets for the map its probably correct to assume there is nothing else to be added, especially given the fact that the theme wouldn't warrant anything being hidden.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

most likely not, there is no extra space in the catalogue of heroes, and so far there hasn't been any time in which they added a new character right before a tempest trial just to keep it a secret, if we already have the assets for the map its probably correct to assume there is nothing else to be added, especially given the fact that the theme wouldn't warrant anything being hidden.

Hence the "if." Though precedents have been broken before so don't take anything as a certainty.

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Not attempting to grasp at straws or anything, but is it unlikely and/or impossible that we get an update right before the TT? Or is the update in question all of what was datamined?

I'm not arguing or anything, I genuinely don't have a strong grasp on datamines, so I wasn't sure if this was info about an update, or just assets found somewhere.

11 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Not attempting to grasp at straws or anything, but is it unlikely and/or impossible that we get an update right before the TT? Or is the update in question all of what was datamined?

I'm not arguing or anything, I genuinely don't have a strong grasp on datamines, so I wasn't sure if this was info about an update, or just assets found somewhere.

Dataminers found that last night's update added assets for the upcoming TT. The logical time to add such assets to the game is as part of the last scheduled update before the TT, and my understanding is that that's what they've always done up to now. I can't imagine why they'd release those assets in an update before the TT character: it's just not a thing that makes sense to do. So the fact that those assets have already been added is what tells us they aren't planning any more updates until after this TT starts.

38 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Hence the "if." Though precedents have been broken before so don't take anything as a certainty.

Why would they go so far out of their way to hide any one character especially for a christmas tempest trial?

What justification is there to update with all the assets for the trial and not just add the new unit for the sake of convenience?

Every tempest trial unit has at least some relevance to the theme and anything short of a christmas themed unit would be out of place and make no sense, and I find it hard to believe they would give us anything seasonal for free.

and if you are going to say 'because christmas' then why make a tempest trial bonus unit and not just gift the character to everyone on the 25th like with narcian.

20 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

I don't know a ton about what has been datamined, but if there was anything new character wise that we aren't being told about by IS I think this thread would be on fire about how christmas xander is in the game as a flier lance. They could add a new update just before, but I don't see why they would go through all the trouble to hide a single unit that everyone will likely be indifferent to after we knew about the black knight weeks before he was even in a story map. 'corse we can't rule out incompetence, but I would find it funny if they messed up that badly around christmas of all times, big daddy IS be like "sorry but I forgot about that new unit you asked for,  maybe next year". 

pretty sure It's assets found in the games files.

Edit: @Othin kinda beat me to the punch.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

17 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Why would they go so far out of their way to hide any one character especially for a christmas tempest trial?

What justification is there to update with all the assets for the trial and not just add the new unit for the sake of convenience?

Every tempest trial unit has at least some relevance to the theme and anything short of a christmas themed unit would be out of place and make no sense, and I find it hard to believe they would give us anything seasonal for free.

and if you are going to say 'because christmas' then why make a tempest trial bonus unit and not just gift the character to everyone on the 25th like with narcian.

I'm not saying it makes sense, but sometimes odd decisions are made. I'm just not ruling anything out until it's here.

1 hour ago, Cornguy said:

That all makes sense then. I wonder who's getting recycled for the TT, barring anything weird happening. 

It'd be a little lame to get MM again, but no other TT characters would really make sense.

I mean, Masked Marth is an Awakening character who got reran in a Blazing Blade Tempest, so it's entirely possible they're not taking as much care to make sure the reruns match the theme of the Tempest. Otherwise the TT Minis would basically just be repeating the main Tempests over again.

So, my money's on Tobin. Or at least, I hope it's Tobin, I started after his Tempest so he's the only one I don't have.

3 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:
  Hide contents

PXbVNnH.png

uCTC3lY.jpg

Map and battle background images. 

Wow that’s a cute and fun looking map. Sorta related but are the final maps of TT playable outside of TT? I don’t remember seeing something like Black Knight’s final map or Julia’s final map outside of their respective TT

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Wow that’s a cute and fun looking map. Sorta related but are the final maps of TT playable outside of TT? I don’t remember seeing something like Black Knight’s final map or Julia’s final map outside of their respective TT

Nope, the final maps have been exclusive to their respective tempests.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Dataminers found that last night's update added assets for the upcoming TT. The logical time to add such assets to the game is as part of the last scheduled update before the TT, and my understanding is that that's what they've always done up to now. I can't imagine why they'd release those assets in an update before the TT character: it's just not a thing that makes sense to do. So the fact that those assets have already been added is what tells us they aren't planning any more updates until after this TT starts.

It's also possible that they're purposely leaving assets out until the last minute to prevent dataminers from finding it.  Why they'd only do that with the unit and not the TT itself could just be a hype thing, but who knows.  FGO just did this recently with the Salem chapter, with daily updates upon login for new Servant data to keep people from datamining who would be summonable.  They did it way back in early 2016 too with the Accel/Zero event (though that was them changing the coding to prevent datamining at all), causing everyone to lose their minds at the two hidden and unannounced Servants who came in addition to the ones that were announced.

So while FEH hasn't done this yet, everything about this TT is already odd compared to how they usually operate.  It can literally go in any direction at this point.

I really want a new unit, so I am hoping that they are leaving things out on purpose.  The only TT unit I want rerun is BK for merge purposes, but I know that won't happen.  I am going to be bummed if I end up with more Masked Marth since I rarely use her and she has no skills at all.  I wish they would do a trailer for this TT and give us the full info about it, plus I want it to start already.

7 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I really want a new unit, so I am hoping that they are leaving things out on purpose.  The only TT unit I want rerun is BK for merge purposes, but I know that won't happen.  I am going to be bummed if I end up with more Masked Marth since I rarely use her and she has no skills at all.  I wish they would do a trailer for this TT and give us the full info about it, plus I want it to start already.

I'm guessing they'll do the reruns in order, which would make BK the fourth character rerun on a TT, after they rerun Tobin and Clive.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing they'll do the reruns in order, which would make BK the fourth character rerun on a TT, after they rerun Tobin and Clive.

I know it will most likely be Tobin, I just really don't want MM again.  Tobin I can live with since I do use him some, but MM and Clive are the two that I don't want at all.