New banner and updates: World of Dawn [DATAMINE]

Armagon

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Eh? Why should they be “considerate” to people that never bothered to play the game? If they haven’t played it nor even looked up plot info on it, they never really cared in the first place. 

As for the book part, I’d still read the book anyway. It’s my own fault for picking it up so late. You think a mere spoiler would “ruin” my enjoyment of said book? Pathetic. 

Let them groan at themselves. Neither IS or the older fans have any obligation to be some kind of “anti-spoiler police”. It’s their own fault. If they actually truly cared, they would have found the means to play the game years ago or...at the very least look up info on a wiki. There will always be people “wanting” to play any of the main FE games and this could apply to any other sort of media. As for Zelgius’s armor, it was most likely cheaper to just reuse BK’s assets and give it a “battle damaged” look to them. This is IS’s way of giving whales a rollable BK. 

You know how expensive these games currently are? And not everyone is cool with using emulators nor should they forced to be. If no one plays Tellius, it's Intsys own fault for not making them available more via virtual console or something else. I see you are cool with spoilers, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the same way. Not everyone is like you. People shouldn't be told "Oh you late to the series? Fuck you then! Should have gotten here earlier." You can't pick everything up on the first day or even the first year. A lot of people I know aren't cool with getting spoilered for this, and I can empathize with them.  

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This banner surprised me, damn I thought BK was Lucina.I never played RD so I could not know any better. 

But honestly, I will make one full pull with Colors who have Focus Units an that it.
I hope they will release RD again one day. I need to play this game one day.

Edited by Stroud

.....Well, this banner is spoiler city.

Kind of wish I could have it blacked out or something. On the other hand, there's a story update after 6 weeks, a terrain type that spells anti-cav, higher Hero Merit caps are out and Cymbeline gets to be refinable.

Michiah seems like a neat ploy user, and her weapon is OP as all get out, Sothe looks legit crazy powerful with good IVs and a more useful Rogue Dagger and Zelgius is like "What if I rebalanced my stats barring getting more defence" while also free teleporting. He also gives no solitary fuck for spoilers. Dick.

Also, when Thracia? This will now be my question on every banner.

Personally, on the whole spoilers thing, I kinda feel like expecting Heroes to not spoil aspects of the games it takes its characters from is like expecting a sequel to not spoil any of the events of its predecessors. I know going into Heroes that I don't know everything about these characters and what they went through in their own games (speaking on the characters whose games I have not played), so I go in expecting them to tell me spoilers about their games. Of course, not every spoiler is as completely blatant as this one, with most being tucked away in some sort of dialogue, so I can understand why people would be more upset over this one than, say, Arvis spoiling that Sigurd dies through his castle dialogue.

It's still fine to be upset about having something spoiled for you, I just think it's important to be aware that if you choose to continue playing a game like this, you run the risk of encountering spoilers if you haven't played all the games, and IS really has no obligation to hide facts from you when they're showing off the characters to their fullest. That's just my take on it, though.

That said, I personally would have preferred he wear his red armour. Not to avoid spoilers, mind you (I'd already been spoiled by Zelgius and Black Knight sharing a wiki page), but just so that he'd look a bit more different than his Black Knight form. I like variety.

36 minutes ago, Nanima said:

You know how expensive these games currently are? And not everyone is cool with using emulators nor should they forced to be. If no one plays Tellius, it's Intsys own fault for not making them available more via virtual console or something else. I see you are cool with spoilers, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the same way. Not everyone is like you. People shouldn't be told "Oh you late to the series? Fuck you then! Should have gotten here earlier." You can't pick everything up on the first day or even the first year. A lot of people I know aren't cool with getting spoilered for this, and I can empathize with them.  

I know the physical copies are expensive. It’s still their own fault for attempting to be interested so late in the party. As I said, if they TRULY cared, they would have found a means. Going “oh no, it’s an emulator” or whatever is just a poor excuse especially in the internet age. If there’s a will, there’s a way.

I’m totally fine with spoilers. They actually give me something to look forward to and I’m very aware that not everyone is like that. Same can be said about the ones with spoiler phobia; not everyone is like them. Oh, people should be told that more often. They should be reminded that they’re very late and the world is not going to wait for them. Instead of going to “other people” or even the internet/social media, that person should read/play/whatever they were going to do first. 

As for VC, that is up to Nintendo themselves. I mean, not even Super Smash Bros. Melee has been added to any sort of VC and that one would certainly print money like crazy. The Tellius games didn’t sell well and most of the praise and love comes from the western side of the fanbase. 

@C. Turtle Just reusing BK’s assets was the much cheaper option. My other guess is that they didn’t want to put him in the red armor and still give him Alondite; it’d be a walking spoiler anyway and any other sword would be a downgrade. This is basically the “whaleable” version of him. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I gotta side with the anti-spoiler people of this one. Yeah, it'd be great if every one started with FE7 and played every game after, or if Nintendo had made 9 and 10 more available, be it through higher production or VC. But they didn't, and Nintendo also didn't. 

I doubt any of us were expecting a remake of either of these games, but a rerelease has been something most of us have been waiting on for a while now. And even though most of us who played and/or own 9 and 10 would still love a rerelease, it does hurt the experience for any newer fans who might've wanted to try them.

The part of this that is frustrating is that they could've easily released him in his Begnion armor and avoided all of this. 

Eh. Nintendo will spoil anything on accident. such as Xenoblade Chronicles...

Spoiler

Did you know that the character Fiora, who is originally thought dead but later turns out to have been mechanized, has a trophy of her mechanized self in the game Super Smash Bros for Wii U that reveals that plot detail? It's not like that's a minor plot detail either.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I know the physical copies are expensive. It’s still their own fault for attempting to be interested so late in the party. As I said, if they TRULY cared, they would have found a means. Going “oh no, it’s an emulator” or whatever is just a poor excuse especially in the internet age. If there’s a will, there’s a way.

I’m totally fine with spoilers. They actually give me something to look forward to and I’m very aware that not everyone is like that. Same can be said about the ones with spoiler phobia; not everyone is like them. Oh, people should be told that more often. They should be reminded that they’re very late and the world is not going to wait for them. Instead of going to “other people” or even the internet/social media, that person should read/play/whatever they were going to do first.

You make it sound like a capital offense that deserved to be punished via BK reveal or something. Seriously.

This isn't about you openly posting spoilers in the Tellius forums. Nobody cares for that, and everyone is aware what they are getting into when heading there. But Zelgius' reveal is something no one saw coming or could have been prepared for. People who don't care about spoilers or even want to know them are perfectly serviced by heading to youtube or reading the wiki. People who don't like spoilers need to rely on others being just a teeny tiny bit considerate, and I don't think it's too much to ask for a spin-off mobile title to not be so incredibly blatant.

I don't get why people expect Heroes to be spoiler free, personally. It's a fandom game and it's going to have all the moments. They won't want to hold themselves back on which characters they include because people might just be playing a game that is pretty old at this point.

That being said, when I saw Zelgius was going to be in it, my first hope was 'finally, pullable male wyvern rider!'. Was pretty disappointed to see it wasn't in the end, but oh well. Should've known 'cos an RD charrie instead of a PoR.

Was so disappointed it was frickin' Oliver and not Lehran as the GHB, though (oh no, more spoilers. Seriously, he's one of my favourite villains so I want him in there, spoilers or not). Wouldn't mind Lehran as a TT instead a bit further down the line, but really... Oliver -.-

That being said, male weighting for once :O

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Eh. Nintendo will spoil anything on accident.

Reveal hidden contents

Did you know that the Xenoblade Chronicles character Fiora, who is originally thought dead but later turns out to have been mechanized, has a trophy of her mechanized self in the game Super Smash Bros for Wii U that reveals that plot detail? It's not like that's a minor plot detail either.

I remember that. They went so far as to not "spoil" Mr L's identity on his trophy, but Xenoblade? Ehhh, no one'll play it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

I remember that. They went so far as to not "spoil" Mr L's identity on his trophy, but Xenoblade? Ehhh, no one'll play it anyway.

*4 years later*

Announcing Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

...also remember when the Black Knight was a Spotpass unit in Awakening? Dude had a serious lack of a helmet...

Good I didn't spend orbs on  NY banner. Now after skipping this RD I will have two banners worth orbs!

Well Thani is great, I planned use Miciah as DD & DA fodder, but I think if she ever break my pity rate I might keep Her as long as it's only once.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

*4 years later*

Announcing Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

...also remember when the Black Knight was a Spotpass unit in Awakening? Dude had a serious lack of a helmet...

The helmetless thing was a little dumb, but if you didn't know any better it could be seen as a lazy coincidence. I mean, he didn't even have the right weapon.

5 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

The helmetless thing was a little dumb, but if you didn't know any better it could be seen as a lazy coincidence. I mean, he didn't even have the right weapon.

To be fair pretty much everyone who was ever an Armored unit had the wrong weapon or were the wrong class just because Awakening didn't have them like that, but hey who are we to judge the efforts to try as hard as they could.

Did I mention I'm intrigued by Micaiah? I mean, she actually has a Rapier-type weapon in Heroes. The weapon that pretty much every single lord character has had since forever?

TBH, the BK reveal was a little uncalled for since BK only reveals his identity at the endgame. I get that they're trying to save a few characters for the Dawn Brigade banner and that it'd seem very odd if you have 2 BKs in the game with the only difference being damaged armor. Hence the Zelgius route. But this version of BK appears late game, not the the first part. They could've done him a little justice by letting him have another TT or a GHB if this was the version they wanted. This choice really ruins the experience of finding out who BK is in RD for first timers of the Tellius saga.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

As for Zelgius’s armor, it was most likely cheaper to just reuse BK’s assets and give it a “battle damaged” look to them. This is IS’s way of giving whales a rollable BK. 

The character art is most definitely the most expensive part, and it's entirely brand new. I find it hard to believe that they would really care about saving money by reusing battle sprites.

The most likely reason they gave Zelgius his Black Knight armor is because they wanted him to have Alondite, and the only time Zelgius has Alondite with his identity revealed in game is during the final duel with Ike.

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Kinda Irks me that instead of Kard, Stiletto or Baselard, Sothe got Peshkatz.

...The dagger that came with Volke at the end of RD. Was given to Sothe.

Probably because Peshkatz is the highest-ranked dagger in the game that can be thrown.

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Did I mention I'm intrigued by Micaiah? I mean, she actually has a Rapier-type weapon in Heroes. The weapon that pretty much every single lord character has had since forever?

I was thinking exactly that. They should add Rapier units now. New "starting on their journey" versions of Marth, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, etc. with their starting cavalry-armor-effective weapons.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I was thinking exactly that. They should add Rapier units now. New "starting on their journey" versions of Marth, Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, etc. with their starting cavalry-armor-effective weapons.

I honestly believe it a crime it took almost a year to add one at all.

I could however understand not making them 'Unique" weapons since that'd open them up for more than just that advantage (14/16 might is pretty high after all), or putting some sort of disadvantage on them to prevent them from just being put on the highest atk characters and going crazy from there (-5 Def/Res since that's about what every lord is like at level 1?)

Edited by Xenomata

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The most likely reason they gave Zelgius his Black Knight armor is because they wanted him to have Alondite, and the only time Zelgius has Alondite with his identity revealed in game is during the final duel with Ike.

I think you're right about that.  

---

I really want Micaiah and Sothe.  Fingers crossed.  Their art looks great!  They look fun to play with too... And, of course, I like them both as characters!  Not really interested in Zelgius.  He looks good, but swords aren't something I'm lacking.

I have 133 orbs saved up, but that doesn't mean I'll get any of them with those. :>_<:  We'll see!  I hope I don't have to spend money.  I'm still hurting from Christmas.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

So was browsing through the datamined assets and I have a question about a weapon that's not from the RD banner (to my knowledge)-

Hide contents

U04aE2a.png

Anyone know what this weapon is?

Skadi?

Parthia.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably because Peshkatz is the highest-ranked dagger in the game that can be thrown.

The problem with this statement is that while the logic is there and is perfectly sound, it is going to be thrown out the window when Volke is released (or any Dagger user) and comes with one of the aformentioned Daggers. In fact if he ever gets into Heroes Volke will probably have the Baselard on principle that no other dagger user from FE10 (lolheather) deserves it.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Parthia.

Oh I see. Didn't recognise it without the golden glow.

Also I don't see enemy Jeorges as much but maybe I will now with the upgrade!

@Zeo Maybe Volke gets a 'Divine' Peshkatz? (or whatever the upgraded prf weapon name they decide it to be lol). Probably unlikely haha

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The problem with this statement is that while the logic is there and is perfectly sound, it is going to be thrown out the window when Volke is released (or any Dagger user) and comes with one of the aformentioned Daggers. In fact if he ever gets into Heroes Volke will probably have the Baselard on principle that no other dagger user from FE10 (lolheather) deserves it.

I mean, I had every intention of assuming Volke would end up with the Baselard anyways, being the best thief-type unit in the game and the highest-ranked dagger in the game, but it's entirely possible he'd have some brand new dagger as well to maintain the fact that daggers in this game are ranged.