Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Silith13 said:

Voted Dagdar today. Still don't know who to vote for for the last three days. Convince me. Bribe me.

Go Ephraim.  We just got Brave Eirika and she needs a Brave Ephraim to go with her.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Go Ephraim.  We just got Brave Eirika and she needs a Brave Ephraim to go with her.

This'll happen even without CYL2 banner

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

This'll happen even without CYL2 banner

It's actually the least likely to happen.

We just got our first random alternate hero and it was a SS unit.  IS isn't going to release another SS alternate for a very long time.  In fact, I would wager all other games will get an alt before SS gets another alt.  And that's assuming IS even does more alts.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It's actually the least likely to happen.

We just got our first random alternate hero and it was a SS unit.  IS isn't going to release another SS alternate for a very long time.  In fact, I would wager all other games will get an alt before SS gets another alt.  And that's assuming IS even does more alts.

To be honest, I hope CYL2 banner happens before the next SS banner and that he wins a place in CYL2 so that he doesn't cockblock anyone.

Glad to see places like this and other forums showing very little support for Tellius overall. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the worst point in the franchise's history, they were so bad that they almost killed the FE series. Happy to see that the Tellius fanbase was simply a small, though vocal, group of people. I expect Tellius to overall do terrible in CYL 2.

GBA characters and 3DS characters are way more popular. I see very little support for CYL 2 in comparison. And I hope that IS knows that the only reason Judgral characters aren't more popular is because they are JP only and have yet to receive remakes. Tellius was a real low point for the series, and I am glad that the FE fanbase as a whole is finally realizing.

Edited by Jaafers

6 minutes ago, Jaafers said:

Glad to see places like this and other forums showing very little support for Tellius overall. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the worst point in the franchise's history, they were so bad that they almost killed the FE series. Happy to see that the Tellius fanbase was simply a tiny, nonexistent, though vocal, group of people. I expect Tellius to overall do terrible in CYL 2.

GBA characters and 3DS characters are way more popular. I see very little support for CYL 2 in comparison. And I hope that IS knows that the only reason Judgral characters aren't more popular is because they are JP only and have yet to receive remakes. Tellius was a real low point for the series, and I am glad that the FE fanbase as a whole is finally realizing.

There has been a lot of support for Tellius in general though? Micaiah is especially being name dropped all the time.

2 minutes ago, Jaafers said:

Glad to see places like this and other forums showing very little support for Tellius overall. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the worst point in the franchise's history, they were so bad that they almost killed the FE series. Happy to see that the Tellius fanbase was simply a tiny, nonexistent, though vocal, group of people. I expect Tellius to overall do terrible in CYL 2.

Did you post in here simply to shit on Tellius and their fans? I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, and if you hate Tellius, then whatever, but things like "the fanbase is tiny and nonexistent" is just not true. :/ I personally find that among those who played the Tellius games, they are generally well-loved.

Also, you sound like you're saying they're bad simply because they sold badly, which is not true. And they sold badly for a number of reasons: poor marketing, low print numbers, and bad release dates are the main ones. Also, if any games are really to blame for "almost killing the series" it's Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. They were the last games to come out before IS decided if Awakening didn't sell well, the series would end.

Hate Tellius all you want, but how about being less rude about it?

At the same time though, maybe now I see why what I said earlier wasn't all that nice either... Wait, don't tell me THAT'S why you posted this... -_- I mean, it worked, but I personally don't like being baited like that... If that wasn't your intention though, then ignore that. xP

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you post in here simply to shit on Tellius and their fans? I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, and if you hate Tellius, then whatever, but things like "the fanbase is tiny and nonexistent" is just not true. :/ I personally find that among those who played the Tellius games, they are generally well-loved.

Also, you sound like you're saying they're bad simply because they sold badly, which is not true. And they sold badly for a number of reasons: poor marketing, low print numbers, and bad release dates are the main ones. Also, if any games are really to blame for "almost killing the series" it's Shadow Dragon and New Mystery. They were the last games to come out before IS decided if Awakening didn't sell well, the series would end.

Hate Tellius all you want, but how about being less rude about it?

At the same time though, maybe now I see why what I said earlier wasn't all that nice either... Wait, don't tell me THAT'S why you posted this... -_- I mean, it worked, but I personally don't like being baited like that... If that wasn't your intention though, then ignore that. xP

Biased opinions aside, Tellius characters in general are receiving much less support than GBA and 3DS characters. This Reddit poll asking fans to submit who they would be voting for proves it. The Tellius characters are earning much less support than their GBA and 3DS counterparts. And if hardcore FE fans on places like Reddit are not voting for Tellius, there is no chance that lesser fans, perhaps those who have only played the 3DS entries, would vote for any Tellius characters.

This goes completely in line with the notion that Tellius has a very small fanbase overall. They are just vocal, and thus don't realize how small they actually are.

https://pastebin.com/5zL9ymea

Edited by Jaafers

50 minutes ago, Motendra said:

ffc85b580c.jpg

#RallyMarth

Though w/o NNID, I've done Alm, Celica, Minerva and Caeda, respectfully

Absolutely gorgeous, truly a masterpiece. Mine looks the exact same.

Who do you reckon will come last? Glade will rank better due to coming last the first time, so it won't be him.

@Jaafers Come on, I can't stand Tellius as a whole besides a handful of characters but was this necessary?

Biased opinions aside, Tellius characters in general are receiving much less support than GBA and 3DS characters. This Reddit poll asking fans to submit who they would be voting for proves it. The Tellius characters are earning much less support than their GBA and 3DS counterparts. And if hardcore FE fans on places like Reddit are not voting for Tellius, there is no chance that lesser fans, perhaps those who have only played the 3DS entries, would vote for any Tellius characters.

So? Doesn't mean Tellius has few to no fans like you say. I see a lot of people enjoy both games and characters from them. Tellius's lack of accessibility lately, its low sales, and not even having many characters in Heroes yet is why they're not getting quite as much support as others. Notice that there are way more 3DS and GBA characters in Heroes than Tellius.

4 minutes ago, Jaafers said:

This goes completely in line with the notion that Tellius has a very small fanbase overall. They are just vocal, and thus don't realize how small they actually are.

You do realize that's just a poll from reddit that not all FE fans frequent as well as almost all of the characters in there are already in the game (like what? 17 out of 20). We also have the Japanese overseas who have different tastes than what we have. You seem to have a strong bias against Tellius games that seems to make you think you can read minds or something. 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Doesn't mean Tellius has few to no fans like you say. I see a lot of people enjoy both games and characters from them. Tellius's lack of accessibility lately, its low sales, and not even having many characters in Heroes yet is why they're not getting quite as much support as others. Notice that there are way more 3DS and GBA characters in Heroes than Tellius.

I could understand Tellius having low sales in North America and Europe. Nintendo did indeed drop the ball with advertising FE at the time. Radiant Dawn was also released a week before Mario Galaxy, so the poor sales in the Americas and EU make sense. But here's the catch, it did terrible even in Japan, where FE was already an established series. And there must be a reason why IS isn't releasing many Tellius characters to begin with. Because they aren't popular, and won't generate money through orbs. Heck if you look at the views for the Radian Dawn banner it has around 230 k views after almost two weeks. The newest Sacred Memories banner coasted over 200 k in about a day.

Edited by Jaafers

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Shame Marth's portrait looked so...bad.

You could say the same about most of Shadow Dragon’s cast. They improved the mugshots a bit in New Mystery, though. 

5 minutes ago, Jaafers said:

I could understand Tellius having low sales in North America and Europe. But it did terrible even in Japan, where FE was already an established series. And there must be a reason why IS isn't releasing many Tellius characters to begin with. Because they aren't popular, and won't generate money through orbs. Heck if you look at the views for the Radian Dawn banner it has around 230 k views after almost two weeks. The newest Sacred Memories banner coasted over 200 k in about a day.

And I explained why sales were low for them overall. It was not because they were bad games or unpopular. Did you even read what I said? Did you know that many Japanese didn't even know RD existed? They were confused at Ike's "redesign" in Smash Wii U/3DS. That right there shows how poorly they were marketed even in Japan.

Also, the new SS banner received controversy and set a new precedent due to a second Eirika being in it. It was definitely going to get more views for that alone.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Jaafers said:

I could understand Tellius having low sales in North America and Europe. Nintendo did indeed drop the ball with advertising FE at the time. Radiant Dawn was also released a week before Mario Galaxy, so the poor sales in the Americas and EU make sense. But here's the catch, it did terrible even in Japan, where FE was already an established series. And there must be a reason why IS isn't releasing many Tellius characters to begin with. Because they aren't popular, and won't generate money through orbs. Heck if you look at the views for the Radian Dawn banner it has around 230 k views after almost two weeks. The newest Sacred Memories banner coasted over 200 k in about a day.

Its clear you have something big against Tellius. That's fine. More power to you, but don't be an asshole about it. You are being an asshole about it right now.

As i can see, for people who played Tellius saga, it is often considered one of the best in storywise and characters(along FE4).

And Ike was First during the First CYL.

Dont forget that tellius characters was split during first CYL. If you combine both version of Nephenie and Mia, both of her are before Nowi. (And Nephenie are in the top 10)

I think that Soren would gain the Top 20 and Titania too(not sure about this) and they are generaly well classed.

1 minute ago, RuleOfRose said:

Dont forget that tellius characters was split during first CYL.

Oh yeah, and this too. Most Tellius characters were split because many appeared in both Tellius games.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I explained why sales were low for them overall. It was not because they were bad games or unpopular. Did you even read what I said? Did you know that many Japanese didn't even know RD existed? They were confused at Ike's "redesign" in Smash Wii U/3DS. That right there shows how poorly they were marketed even in Japan.

You had mentioned two things, the lack of marketing, the low number of copies produced, the bad release dates and how Shadow Dragon and New Mystery were supposed to be the last games in the series before Awakening.

The first point, I could perhaps understand, but again, only for North America and Europe. FE wasn't an established series, so Nintendo didn't see much of a reason to support it as much as their other franchises. Still doesn't explain Japan though. 

And in regards to Shadow Dragon and New Mystery possibly being the last games in the series before Awakening, they both SD and New Mystery eventually sold over 250 k copies, which was infact the minimum number of copies that Awakening was required to sell in order for the series to continue. Therefore, I strongly believe that Tellius doing as poorly as it did is what even made Nintendo consider cancelling the series in the first place.

You had mentioned two things, the lack of marketing, the low number of copies produced, the bad release dates and how Shadow Dragon and New Mystery were supposed to be the last games in the series before Awakening.

The first point, I could perhaps understand, but again, only for North America and Europe. FE wasn't an established series, so Nintendo didn't see much of a reason to support it as much as their other franchises. Still doesn't explain Japan though. 

And in regards to Shadow Dragon and New Mystery possibly being the last games in the series before Awakening, they both SD and New Mystery eventually sold over 250 k copies, which was infact the minimum number of copies that Awakening was required to sell in order for the series to continue. Therefore, I strongly believe that Tellius doing as poorly as it did is what even made Nintendo consider cancelling the series in the first place.

I explained Japan. The marketing was bad there too because like I said, a bunch of them didn't even know RD existed! And PoR was released on a console that didn't do very well AND it was released at the end of that console's lifespan. Tellius had pretty much everything going against it in terms of sales.

And due to Ike's popularity alone, I guarantee you Tellius remakes would sell like hotcakes now. Maybe not as much as Awakening and Fates, but I bet they'd sell better than Echoes.

Except IS wasn't considering ending the series after Tellius bombed, they only considered ending it after SD and New Mystery came out. So it was those two, not Tellius.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That Jaafers likes to think he knows everything when he hasn't even done proper research as to why the Tellius games didn't sell well.