• Celica, Imprisoned Soul
    • Takumi, Wild Card
    • Takumi, Empty Vessel
    • Robin, High Deliverer
    • Robin, Fell Reincarnation
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General
    • Black Knight, Sinister General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

RIP top 1k ranking

Yep, but it really could have gone either way with the Same Hell.  If you had saved your flags, we'd have been at Same for the last 24 hours.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yep, but it really could have gone either way with the Same Hell.  If you had saved your flags, we'd have been at Same for the last 24 hours.

Its funny you say that, seeing as how this is prolly the first gauntlet ever that I (successfully) saved up (what I consider) a good amount of flags (like 1500) for the final round. Now as for what HAPPENED to them in between then and now.........

I wasn't expecting things to be so sporadic this time around

Edited by Motendra

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

Its funny you say that, seeing as how this is prolly the first gauntlet ever that I (successfully) saved up (what I consider) a good amount of flags (like 1500) for the final round. Now as for what HAPPENED to them in between.........

My strategy, which has worked very well for me is...

In rounds one and two, spend hardly any flags on day one.  Usually just 105 or so to guarantee a decent rank.

On day two of rounds one and two, try to start unloading flags once the multiplier hits ~6.0-6.5 depending on what the trends are.  If there's a chance to really pad the overall score, I go for it, but if there's flags leftover, no biggie; they're there for the next round.

In round three, it really depends on my work schedule and if it's an obvious blowout.  If it's a blowout, and I'm able to play much on the final day, I'll usually use a few flags the first day, but save the bulk for day two, depending on how many I have from previous rounds, if any.

This Gauntlet, it was a toss-up and I didn't get home until a couple hours ago, so I basically used flags liberally yesterday.  I was able to get over 3 million points overall, and got a decent, but not great rank.  There turned out to be a lot of multipliers in the last few hours, but it could have easily either stayed in Same Hell since yesterday or ping ponged while I was working and returned to Same Hell by the time I was able to play again, so I'm happy with what I did.

Of course, if there's one of my favorites, I'll support them and not care too much about Feathers, but since this game mode is a joke, I usually just go for one of the underdogs.

Damn, Vax.  You basically been on the app all day?  That's what I call devotion.

Also, any chance we can pull off a win with that 5,000,000,000 gap and the 7.4x multiplier?  I'm on Team Duma partly because of Celica's design and partly because I'm with Patrick Waddingham in wanting to trounce Metakite...

It's an adorable rivalry and I want to see the outcome and I want the outcome to come out our way and I'm not a loser, I swear it!

*cries in a corner*

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

@Usana - dang, I thought the crumby town I live in was bad. At least my workplace has ok cell service. And I can whip out my phone and do a 1 min battle whenever I want because I work 3rd shift and I am the manager on duty. Luckily all of the big multipliers happen before I go in to work.

To be fair I am exaggerating just a tad. The real problem is that no one provider gives full coverage. My current provider is excellent to the west of my home, which is where most of my social activities had been at(that club is slowing down though). My last provider had crap service over that way but great service at work, to the east of my home. I had to pick one or the other. Work and the village it is in is about the only deadzone for my current provider in my area and since work believes cellphones, whether smart or not, to be satan given flesh circuitry*; the decision, I think, was an easy one. Particularly since before heroes all I would use my phone for during breaks is reading ebooks. And finally my upgrade this year seems to indicate that some of the problem was with my old phone(I upgrade about once every half decade or so, I see little need to update yearly). My new phone gets much better service even around work. I can somewhat often even get a weak data signal in the break room these days. But not the parking lot for some reason.

And dang it the multipliers started in right after I went to bed! Do voting gauntlets just hate sleep or something?!

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

For a brief time, I was #2 overall.  I used the last of my flags during my lunch break, so I missed a lot of the multipliers today, but I took a calculated risk, and since I just got home, I wouldn't have been able to use flags if I had horded them anyway.  Got over 3million points, so not too shabby.

I'm a bit amazed. You're so dedicated.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only way for Team Grima to lose is to have two thirds of the team abducted by aliens before they can spend their last 400 flags.

I see that the idea of Awakening originally taking place in Mars is finally coming fruition.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Duma has got a truckload of chances, huh?

Team Duma had about 5 chances to screw things up for Team Grima (namely, every multiplier hour) and mucked up each and every one of them. Not my fault your team can't follow through.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Duma had about 5 chances to screw things up for Team Grima (namely, every multiplier hour) and mucked up each and every one of them. Not my fault your team can't follow through.

Their leader is a mindless witch, so with that in mind it makes sense things turned out this way.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not my fault your team can't follow through.

Yeah, right. As if it’s even remotely possible to coordinate such a huge playerbase without a means of communication. Also both teams did stupid shit.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

gplus-1420281712.gif

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

FOOLISH CHILD! YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR MEAGER GOD DUMA COULD CHALLENGE I? 

I AM THE WINGS OF DESPAIR! I AM THE BREATH OF RUIN!

I AM THE FELL DRAGON, GRIMA!!!

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD

He still gets one shot by Lucy. In both Heroe & Awakening to boot 

THE END,

let's go home & get drunk

Just now, Zangetsu said:

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD

He still gets one shot by Lucy. In both Heroe & Awakening to boot 

He gets one-shot by two of the four Lucys in this game. The other two (Spring and Brave) get one-shot by him instead.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

gplus-1420281712.gif

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

FOOLISH CHILD! YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR MEAGER GOD DUMA COULD CHALLENGE I? 

I AM THE WINGS OF DESPAIR! I AM THE BREATH OF RUIN!

I AM THE FELL DRAGON, GRIMA!!!

Dammit Omega, I went on to changing my entire theme, along with hyping shit up in the beginning  for this very moment, and you had to go and STEAL IT. #PETTY

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You guys are implying that any sort of group strategy is actually possible in the Gauntlet.

Rezzy is reasonable as always. Sadly, I didn’t get a chance to see your Titania in action.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Rezzy is reasonable as always. Sadly, I didn’t get a chance to see your Titania in action.

That's too bad.  Maybe next time.  There's also that new mode that will let you use ally units, so maybe you'll get to use her then.

Shout outs to @Rafiel's Aria's Raven.  I got him like 90% of the time, but he had good synergy with my Celica and wasn't Red, so I didn't mind.  He makes me want to build one up, if I ever get a Raven who isn't -Atk or -Spd.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Shout outs to @Rafiel's Aria's Raven.  I got him like 90% of the time, but he had good synergy with my Celica and wasn't Red, so I didn't mind.  He makes me want to build one up, if I ever get a Raven who isn't -Atk or -Spd.

Yeah, her Raven was a constant presence on my team as well. He cleaves faces in half.

I do actually have a Spd/Def Raven I want to build when I save up enough feathers…

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You guys are implying that any sort of group strategy is actually possible in the Gauntlet.

Strategy in Fire Emblem? That's absurd :D:

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

LMAO XDDD

Ah yeah, that's certainly true. 

I mean, he isn't dead so there's that too.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He gets one-shot by two of the four Lucys in this game. The other two (Spring and Brave) get one-shot by him instead.

You mean to tell me that a legendary spear & an egg can't beat the Fell Dragon? How can this be? :o:

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Dammit Omega, I went on to changing my entire theme, along with hyping shit up in the beginning  for this very moment, and you had to go and STEAL IT. #PETTY

There's still that gif where Grima beats Duma right?

Bugger, looks like missing a single fight this morning has cost me top 10k in army. My feather yield this VG has been pretty mediocre, but fortunately the relative feather income from VG is lower than ever these days.

EDIT: And so it proves. Army rank 10820, overall 2504. No victory feathers for any of the three rounds. Still, up to 53700 feathers now, which I will spend after tomorrow's summoning and reveal of the next weapon refinement details (hopefully).

Edited by Humanoid

Total rank #5,399, Team Celica rank #11,041. I even dropped out of total 5k. Bugger.

Congratulations Team Grima!

Here’s to hoping this gauntlet was the final one ever.