• Celica, Imprisoned Soul
    • Takumi, Wild Card
    • Takumi, Empty Vessel
    • Robin, High Deliverer
    • Robin, Fell Reincarnation
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General
    • Black Knight, Sinister General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This also means... there will be more Voting Gauntlets.

The horror. Can we already be done with this parody of a mode and move over to something that dispenses feathers and other resources and is actually exciting to play?

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

And so will the fights. At this point they may as well to straight to the screen where you select the number of flags to use.

Even better: press button, receive bacon feathers and stuff. All fair, no salt.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting Gauntlets seem to get worse every time for me. For one, every single round had me on the losing side. First Celica, then Takumi, then Fallen Celica. That, coupled with the monotony of the battles and the bs that is the multipler, inclined me to just not bother after I had claimed the orbs, coins and stones from the first five battles. Sure, there were feathers, but in the end there was not really much point. Heck, I even forgot about the VG a few times.

I still don’t know why they’re bothering with this mode. It isn’t that fun and all it does is cause upset. And I agree that this new “update” to the VG just makes the battles seem obselete, if you can just keep retrying.

Wow, over 10 billion for Grima in the final hour. All of the scores over the final 6 hours were ridiculously high.

Is this the 2nd male unit to win a Gauntlet? Grima is technically a boy right?

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The horror. Can we already be done with this parody of a mode and move over to something that dispenses feathers and other resources and is actually exciting to play?

@Ice Dragon - If they made it so your performance in the actual battle affected the points you get it would completely fix the brain-dead aspect of it. A score penalty for cheesing with a low level unit, and penalties for every unit that dies in a battle would make the players skill/ability matter. And banning light's blessings would also need to happen. You lose, you get no score. Simple as that.

A formula like - [(Lead unit's LV) + (20 x # of units who survived)] x (1.1 bonus for having the correct corresponding lead unit).

That way, using a Lv 1 unit will lower your base score by 39 points, and losing your weak units so your friends +10 super unit can clean up the map will result in a much lower score.

Good players are rewarded, bad player are penalized, and team size won't completely determine the result of a match-up. Hourly scores could end up fluctuating by a wide margin depending on how well or poorly people did in their battles.

6 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I still don’t know why they’re bothering with this mode. It isn’t that fun and all it does is cause upset. And I agree that this new “update” to the VG just makes the battles seem obselete, if you can just keep retrying.

Unfortunately they decided to do this, which is the worst possible thing I could have ever imagined happening with this mode.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Oh that's pretty good! Better than me

Grima rank was 20,300 (using up flags a bit earlier sot me. Should've kept 200 more for final hour.) Much better than 100,001 rank last night.

Total rank was 6,607. Decent I guess, just a shame I fell.

In contrast, Hellica rank was 7,017. Not too bad actually, despite playing less on this one. Must be the 400 flags in the final bonus hour.

Total rank however was 8,851, so my main account did better on that one.

That's still not bad. I've done worse in the past. Much worse. Glad to be done though. I enjoy the long breaks between the modes. I prefer the tempest. It's demanding, but not as time sensitive and less stressful.

52 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That's still not bad. I've done worse in the past. Much worse. Glad to be done though. I enjoy the long breaks between the modes. I prefer the tempest. It's demanding, but not as time sensitive and less stressful.

Yeah this was the first time I spent more flags on Round 1 and 2 as opposed to the final one. But that's also because final round fell on a work day.

One of the few good things about VG is i get to do monthly quests at the same time as the flag quests, so I have most of them done.

But yes TT is better in terms of time management and timezones.

Well, Grima won. As expected, but that was close. Grima conquered the world. All of them.

...Oups, wrong guy.

Well, Robin won a Gauntlet, even if he have to be controlled by Grima. I'm happy.

Rank in Army 16,442
- Considering the number of Multipliers I missed not too bad.

Total Rank 57,813
-Well. . . Yuck. You can tell I ended up burning lots of flags on non-multiplier rounds in the final.

@Hawk King I dunno. I could live with being able to redo battles if they made skill matter/the battles harder. So maybe this is a first step towards making the combat less brain dead? I doubt it though. This likely exists purely due to folks getting upset due to poor allies. But a man can dream. A man can dream.

Eh. I've stopped worrying the VG as a mode. I think it's flawed to hell and back, but I did enough complaining about it a while back. Now I just enjoy the feather farm. And now that I don't think too hard about it, I did enjoy when the "Same" deadlock finally broke and the multiplier pendulum started swinging, even if I think it's a stupid mechanic that makes luck a major factor. But yeah, being on on Team Robin, then on Team Celica, I don't really care about being on the losing team. Even if I consider it a feather farm I'll still go with the character I like more. Anyway, I don't see them changing the mode up much, in the near future, and that doesn't really bother me, since I don't take the mode seriously anymore.

Although, I may have enjoyed this one a little more, possibly due to no one really being treated as the "villain" of the gauntlet... despite the good vs evil theme. That kind of anti-voting also contributes to my dislike of the mode, in general.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...What are you quoting me for? I didn't participate in the final round and even if I had, I wouldn't have gone to Celica.

Sorry.  I was using my crappy tablet to make the post and the quote was already loaded in the reply box and I couldn't get rid of it even after refreshing the page, so I tried getting rid of the text from the quote as the next best thing.

10 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Sorry.  I was using my crappy tablet to make the post and the quote was already loaded in the reply box and I couldn't get rid of it even after refreshing the page, so I tried getting rid of the text from the quote as the next best thing.

Oh, I see then. No biggie. xP