"And the rest" - Farfetched Heroes II?

Thane

Hey,

So since we're getting a second Choose your Legends banner, I was wondering if you guys think we'll get a second Farfetched Heroes as well, and if so who would appear. Seeing how they're not in the top 10, I was thinking that Morgan, Owain and Kliff would make for good candidates. In terms of popularity, there aren't many more high ranking Echoes characters left, Owain is already technically in the game and this would serve as a good excuse for them to include female Morgan on the banner, while perhaps making the male version a TT reward. Either that or someone like Selkie if they've incorporated beast units at this point.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me want a Gilligan's Island theme banner with the Professor and Mary Ann.

If we have another Far Fatched Heroes banner, it might be after the next CYL Banner, so I can't say for sure, since it will depend on if any of the others get added naturally.  It would seem to make more sense to spread out the most popular characters, but we'll see what they do.

I'm sure there will be another Farfetched Heroes-style banner sometime this year, probably about a year after the first. But it's hard to predict who will be on it, because it depends on which high-ranking units get in other ways.

Highest-ranking units not yet in Heroes:

• 4. Veronica
  • 10. Loki
  • 20. Leif
  • 21. Selkie
  • 22. Female Morgan
  • 26. Owain
  • 29. Laevatein
  • 33. Kliff
  • 34. Keaton
  • 41. Aversa
  • 43. Ishtar
  • 44. Panne
  • 46. Kaden
  • 51. Maribelle
  • 53. Sumia
  • 54. Velouria
  • 58. Tibarn
  • 59. Kaze

That's 18 units out of the top 60. Out of them:

• Veronica, Loki, and Laevatein are all Heroes OCs. Veronica already has a CYL version lined up, but if/when any of them get playable regular versions, it'll be on their own pace.
  • Leif is a main character and should get his own banner, eventually.
  • Selkie, Keaton, Panne, Kaden, and Tibarn are animal shifters. We still don't know if/how/when those will be added, so who knows what to make of them. If any of them make it onto Farfetched Heroes, I'm sure it'll be preceded by at least one of them showing up some other way.
  • Owain and Morgan are Awakening kids. Given that we had a Fates kids banner, I'm guessing we'll get an Awakening kids banner as well, and it'll probably have those two on it.
  • Aversa and Ishtar are prime GHB candidates, and both would go nicely with likely future banners: Aversa with Awakening kids, and Ishtar with FE4 kids.
  • Kliff, Maribelle, Sumia, and Kaze are all from games that already have plenty of support and don't seem to fit well into something special like a kids banner, so they're all likely to stay free. They also don't have anything in particular keeping them from showing up, just a lack of need for more attention for regular characters from their games.

Those last four seem like the most likely candidates, and I think they'd work just fine as a Farfetched Heroes lineup all to themselves. Maribelle shares both a game and a color with others, but so did Joshua, and he ended up showing up as the TT unit, so that should be fine. Who knows if their plans might differ from any of that, but those are my guesses for now. If they do introduce animal shifters at some point before the next Farfetched Heroes, that'll certainly change things, and will probably lead to one or more of them showing up on the Farfetched Heroes banner.

Edited by Othin

Even if it is the most possible outcome. I don't hope that Kliff becomes a farfetched Hero, because that steals all my hope that I will ever see Tatiana in Heroes. Kage is the same with Rinkah/Flora (I mean come on, she can be counted as one of Corrins retainers). I truly have a difficult time to think for a fitting banner if I see the list not including those. This is only my desire, but I rather have a new Fate banner with Heroes like Kaze, Rinkah and two other than a new farfetched banner in this case.

But if I think about tales of link. There were like 20  5* soreys and one 5* Sheena. And I guess also in Heroes will be the tendency that they rather make more different versions of popular heroes than one version of a not so popular unit. So they could make a banner like Kaze, Rinkah,  new Camilla Version and new Corrin version for example or the same without Rinkah and Kaze.... Some would be annoyed, but Eirika was a premonition that it will happen. 

27 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

You know what we need for a Farfetched Heroes banner? A Farfetch'd.

083Farfetch'd.png

I'll see myself out.

(We need Kliff and Canas, though.)

Canas ranked #89, which makes him one of the highest-ranked FE7 characters yet to be included (after just Louise and Nils), so he's certainly a top candidate for next time we get any FE7 characters, but I think that's a bit low to make it onto a Farfetched Heroes lineup this year.

47 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Male Morgan shouldn't get a ride off of Female Morgan though. He didn't rank high enough, she did.

I wouldn't say that. There are no current iterations of a character in the game that has two genders where the other is not present. The Corrins and Robins are both present in the game and the same should/will likely be done for the other characters. I'd imagine this kind of view point would be the result of M!Robin being Grima even though people apparently wanted it to be F!Robin as she's more widely associated with him for some reason I don't know as I didn't play Awakening.

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'd imagine this kind of view point would be the result of M!Robin being Grima even though people apparently wanted it to be F!Robin as she's more widely associated with him for some reason I don't know as I didn't play Awakening.

fsqqgzirn6ez.jpg

That and fan art, maybe. Evil thighs = best thighs?

I really want Owain, but I have almost no orbs, so I want him to come after I stock up.

A Far-fetched Heroes banner is a great idea to add more heroes without a full game banner. 
Last Far-fetched banner did not add the most popular, it just added a variety. So if we get a second I think it will have a variety like the last one.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I wouldn't say that. There are no current iterations of a character in the game that has two genders where the other is not present. The Corrins and Robins are both present in the game and the same should/will likely be done for the other characters. I'd imagine this kind of view point would be the result of M!Robin being Grima even though people apparently wanted it to be F!Robin as she's more widely associated with him for some reason I don't know as I didn't play Awakening.

But the thing is, this is about voting. Female Morgan was voted high, Male Morgan wasn't. Any extra prizes should go to characters that earned it. Besides, the Morgans are even more different than their parents. They share a name, amnesia, and a general admiration for the Robin parent, but they are still rather different. 

The Grima thing seems to stem mostly from a single Cipher card.

Looking at the list, Kliff is the only one I feel is guaranteed to be on the banner. I bet Morgan and Owain will be featured as part of an Awakening gen 2 banner/TT, and the shifter characters will probably not be chosen for this particular banner, so I would guess the most likely group is Kliff (red tome), Maribelle (staff), and Sumia (lance), and Kaze as the TT reward.

Cmon Kliff, Maribelle and Tibarn! If we're not ready for Laguz, I'll take Kaze.

I'm sure its asking too much, but I'd be thrilled if we could see "the rest" before CYL rolls around, considering how long it took them last time.

I'd like to see male Morgans regardless how high he ranked. It would be wrong seeing only female Morgan while all the other characters with two gender got both genders represented. As a character he also deserves it just as much. That there's a difference between the two Morgans seems more of a point in favor of having two then a point against it. 
Male Morgan hardly fared particularly poorly either. 130 out of almost 800 seems like a very respectable ranking to me.

Azelle is also a character that deserves some extra attention and there isn't really any competition when it comes to shy beta males with close ties to the main villain.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd like to see male Morgans regardless how high he ranked. It would be wrong seeing only female Morgan while all the other characters with two gender got both genders represented. As a character he also deserves it just as much. That there's a difference between the two Morgans seems more of a point in favor of having two then a point against it. 
Male Morgan hardly fared particularly poorly either. 130 out of almost 800 seems like a very respectable ranking to me.

Azelle is also a character that deserves some extra attention and there isn't really any competition when it comes to shy beta males with close ties to the main villain.

But, again, he didn't make the cut. Why piggyback him on the more popular of the two. Any TT or GHB unit will likely be another "winner" like Joshua was. If they were adding them normally, then sure, but this is based off the vote. Just because they have the same name doesn't mean he should be lumped into this event.

Be honest @Thane, you just a second Farfetched Heroes event as excuse to put Female Morgan in the game and an excuse for her to be overpowered, since the first Farfetched Heroes were all powercreep units.

Joking aside, I would say it’s unlikely, considering some them have counterparts like Female Morgan or apready have a version in like Owain.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Be honest @Thane, you just a second Farfetched Heroes event as excuse to put Female Morgan in the game and an excuse for her to be overpowered, since the first Farfetched Heroes were all powercreep units.

Joking aside, I would say it’s unlikely, considering some them have counterparts like Female Morgan or apready have a version in like Owain.

Can you blame me? 

latest?cb=20171230163909

Pledge to protect.

10 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

I really want Owain, but I have almost no orbs, so I want him to come after I stock up.

A Far-fetched Heroes banner is a great idea to add more heroes without a full game banner. 
Last Far-fetched banner did not add the most popular, it just added a variety. So if we get a second I think it will have a variety like the last one.

It did add the most popular ones, actually. Joshua, Mia, Lute, and Dorcas were, of the characters who weren't already in Heroes, the four highest-ranked non-Micaiah characters on the first CYL.

I kinda doubt this will happen again.
The Farfetched Heroes banner consisted of units that were within Top 20 of their division and weren't included in Heroes roster. They had some relevant popularity to them. With the exception of Leif there are no new units within Top 20 of this CYL. I'm excluding Loki since she is story-relevant.

Looking at Top 100 only:
Leif is definitely coming with a FE5 banner. It's the only game that lacks proper presentation at this point (there is so much you can do alone with Reinhardt memes).
Owain and Morgan seem more likely with a 2nd gen banner (likely with Severa). In the same vein Sumia and Maribelle could come in the 1st gen Awakening banner (the former is still missing, curiously enough, considering how much Awakening shoves her into your face). Since they have a tendency to include memes, our invisible boy Kellam comes as 3rd wheel.

Fates could get more 1st gen characters (even with the sickening amount of representation) in form of Kaze, Rinkah and regular Charlotte. Flora made it into Top 100, so make her a GHB unit?

Leaves us with Kliff. There is still room for another Echoes banner if they take units from both routes. Something like Kliff, Valbar and Silque/Tatiana as an example.

Edited by Zeratul

17 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

I kinda doubt this will happen again.
The Farfetched Heroes banner consisted of units that were within Top 20 of their division and weren't included in Heroes roster. They had some relevant popularity to them. With the exception of Leif there are no new units within Top 20 of this CYL. I'm excluding Loki since she is story-relevant.

Looking at Top 100 only:
Leif is definitely coming with a FE5 banner. It's the only game that lacks proper presentation at this point (there is so much you can do alone with Reinhardt memes).
Owain and Morgan seem more likely with a 2nd gen banner (likely with Severa). In the same vein Sumia and Maribelle could come in the 1st gen Awakening banner (the former is still missing, curiously enough, considering how much Awakening shoves her into your face). Since they have a tendency to include memes, our invisible boy Kellam comes as 3rd wheel.

Fates could get more 1st gen characters (even with the sickening amount of representation) in form of Kaze, Rinkah and regular Charlotte. Flora made it into Top 100, so make her a GHB unit?

Leaves us with Kliff. There is still room for another Echoes banner if they take units from both routes. Something like Kliff, Valbar and Silque/Tatiana as an example.

It will almost certainly be divided by gender like the other one. I don't think any made it into the top 20 overall last time. Also, Kanna wasn't in the Fates banner and they put in Seigbert who did terrible in CYL so there is no rule saying the 2nd gen Awakening banner will be the most popular.