So, what's going to be Brave Celica?

Midnox

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I can see this happening. She’s probably getting either blue or colorless. 

Unless Veronica uses Bruno's lance from his time as Zacharias

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

Unless Veronica uses Bruno's lance from his time as Zacharias

I don’t see that particular bit happening. Bruno has been a no-show for months. You could even consider Xander to be much more of a parent or sibling figure than Bruno/Zacharias/whatshisnamenow ever was. Speaking of Xander, Brave Veronica could get outfit based on Xander’s armor. 

So, with that in mind...

- B!Celica could get blue or colorless

and...

- B!Veronica could get red, blue or colorless

I don’t see any of them getting Staff’d so it’s either dagger or bow nor do I see the developers give them an existing weapon so no Thokk/Beloved Zofia. 

However...

IF the developers ever decide to add a new staff user in a main banner then and only then could one of the new Brave units actually have a chance of getting Staff’d. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

The first CYL introduced Lyn as the first playable bow cav, after having enemy bow cavs from the start. Meanwhile, since version 2.0 launched, Loki has been using a legendary staff but we still haven't gotten a playable legendary staff. I wonder if they're saving the first playable legendary staff for CYL 2, to give its colorless unit a similar distinction of introducing an awaited feature that had previously been enemy-only.

Celica does have healing magic in her original game, even though it doesn't have staffs (or tomes, which didn't stop her from using tomes in Heroes). I'm sure they could come up with some legendary staff for her if they wanted, like how Brave Lucina's weapon is completely new. I wonder if the Seraphim spell could be turned into a staff attack... not that there are any monsters to use it on.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Celica does have healing magic in her original game, even though it doesn't have staffs (or tomes, which didn't stop her from using tomes in Heroes). I'm sure they could come up with some legendary staff for her if they wanted, like how Brave Lucina's weapon is completely new. I wonder if the Seraphim spell could be turned into a staff attack... not that there are any monsters to use it on.

Celica and the others were given tomes due to how the battle system works in FEH. Legendary staff is possible but the developers seem to be quite hesitant to that particular weapon type. Seraphim would most likely be turned into a tome in Heroes with a different effect. Now this makes me wonder if Nanna would actually get Staff’d. By all means she should but...it’s like the developers are afraid a staff user would shoo people away. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

The first CYL introduced Lyn as the first playable bow cav, after having enemy bow cavs from the start. Meanwhile, since version 2.0 launched, Loki has been using a legendary staff but we still haven't gotten a playable legendary staff. I wonder if they're saving the first playable legendary staff for CYL 2, to give its colorless unit a similar distinction of introducing an awaited feature that had previously been enemy-only.

Seraphim could always be effective against dragons. Imagine a healer with an effective weapon. Although to be honest, there aren't a ton of dragons, so it might not be so great. 

I assume I'm the only one who not only sees Celica being hooked up in Conrad's get-up, but also fitted with a Blessed Lance?  We haven't had such a lance in the game yet, it's the lance that Conrad defaulted with, and it would likely have a Renewal 2/3 effect on the user.  Only thing I'm pondering is if they were to go down that route, would it be categorized as common or legendary?  Given it's been present in at least three/four FE games (assuming it was present in Gaiden, I have my doubts on the legendary status...

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

I assume I'm the only one who not only sees Celica being hooked up in Conrad's get-up, but also fitted with a Blessed Lance?  We haven't had such a lance in the game yet, it's the lance that Conrad defaulted with, and it would likely have a Renewal 2/3 effect on the user.  Only thing I'm pondering is if they were to go down that route, would it be categorized as common or legendary?  Given it's been present in at least three/four FE games (assuming it was present in Gaiden, I have my doubts on the legendary status...

I think it'd be legendary. Could be named Conrad's lance, modeled to look like the blessed lance.

Could be lazy and just make it Falchion as a lance. Dragons aren't necessarily monsters, but it's the closest we have. 

Thinking about it more, I'm betting she'll get Falchion. A variant, of course: something like "Blessed Falchion". It'd fit nicely into the pattern of a legendary weapon in the user's secondary weapon type, and while it's one she's not actually able to use, I think it'd get a pass on account of being awesome. It's the same reason Deirdre and Brave Lyn have legendary weapons they don't actually have access to.

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Thinking about it more, I'm betting she'll get Falchion. A variant, of course: something like "Blessed Falchion". It'd fit nicely into the pattern of a legendary weapon in the user's secondary weapon type, and while it's one she's not actually able to use, I think it'd get a pass on account of being awesome. It's the same reason Deirdre and Brave Lyn have legendary weapons they don't actually have access to.

IS is rather stingy with the Falchions and if we’re getting new falchion users that aren’t alts of existing characters, it’d probably be Rudolf, Anri, First Exalt and Itsuki. Besides, another red Celica would just be overkill. Not even Ike got that treatment. They can be more creative than that. 

@Selena4Lyfe B!Celica with Conrad’s armor and lance would be quite acceptable. As for the Blessed Lance, it’d probably get an upgrade complete with a new name. 

@Othin, got to agree with @Lord-Zero on the Falchion thing. Most of the alts have been notably different, even for seasonals. There are a few exceptions, e.g. Hector, Ike, MM, and Zelgius, but two of those were largely criticized—despite one winning A Hero Rises, one is a seasonal, which no one seems to take all too serious in terms of logic behind the design, and one was more figuring things out and a way to give out a free popular 5*. CYL Heroes this probably goes doubly for. People's expectations are already sky-high from the last CYL banner, and IS wants to make this surpass the last one in terms of player interest if anything. To justify Celica having a repeated weapon, they'd have to make a significant shift somewhere else, either movement—hard to justify if they're going for an Alm-inspired theme—or a playstyle difference, so basically stats and skills, which would probably annoy people unless done very well. They could go for an Alm-inspired statline, but that would be rather unimpressive unless they give her some broken-ass skills and her Falchion a sweet effect, which'd still get compared to Alm's and either have to be outright better or probably risk getting labeled as a letdown. Plus there's a glut of Falchion users already so she'd be guaranteed to have competition. Even now, the CYL1 heroes don't have a ton of competition: Lyn's still the only mounted archer; Lucina is still only one of 3ish hardcore offensively oriented infantry lances; Roy's only real competition for offensive cavs are Eliwood, whom he outright outclasses in that specific respect, and Siegbert; and Ike, probably the least unique, is still the best (tanky) infantry axe, which isn't a category that's overflowing with units anyway, unlike infantry sword (10 vs 35 if I counted right). It's certainly not out of the question, nor is Beloved Zofia technically as Ice Dragon pointed out, but it seems like them asking for trouble if they want to maximize appeal for the CYL2 winners.

Wow, I wrote way more than I intended. That shouldn't be taken as me being weirdly strongly opposed to the idea, just as me being inclined to rambling.

Anyway, just thought of a crack idea: Mila's vessel red (or blue or green or colorless) breath Celica. Don't remember how well they did exactly, but IIRC Duma and Mila actually did semi-decently on CYL2.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 3/4/2018 at 5:19 AM, Othin said:

Still, from a lore standpoint, it makes sense. Deidre has Naga blood, so it makes sense she uses is in FEH. Lyn, I think that legendary bow was used by a member of her clan at the time

On 3/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, bottlegnomes said:

Anyway, just thought of a crack idea: Mila's vessel red (or blue or green or colorless) breath Celica. Don't remember how well they did exactly, but IIRC Duma and Mila actually did semi-decently on CYL2.

Well, interesting bringing the colorless breath now that the upcoming banner has Chrom's Falchion being effective against a previously unseen colorless manakete symbol, which it no such units has been seen so far. If they wanna go to one of each color BHs like last time,  Celica and Veronica are colorless candidates. Celica uses healing magic in her home games, right? She could be a healer, while summoning Mila's power for offense. Sure, she won't technically transform into a divine dragon, but neither does Grima, and he's treated as green manakete gameplay-wise

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

Lyn, I think that legendary bow was used by a member of her clan at the time

Mulagir had been locked away for the past 981 years or so as of the end of FE7 and remained locked away for 19 years afterwards until Roy recovers it in FE6.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mulagir had been locked away for the past 981 years or so as of the end of FE7 and remained locked away for 19 years afterwards until Roy recovers it in FE6.

Well, Hanon, the original wielder, founded Sacae, so there's Lyn's legacy in a way

9 hours ago, Midnox said:

Well, interesting bringing the colorless breath now that the upcoming banner has Chrom's Falchion being effective against a previously unseen colorless manakete symbol, which it no such units has been seen so far. If they wanna go to one of each color BHs like last time,  Celica and Veronica are colorless candidates. Celica uses healing magic in her home games, right? She could be a healer, while summoning Mila's power for offense. Sure, she won't technically transform into a divine dragon, but neither does Grima, and he's treated as green manakete gameplay-wise

That would be pretty sweet actually. They could make her pay homage to both Nomah and Mila and make her more interesting than a staffer. I was all for staffer, but now I'm really hoping for this if not exactly getting them up a ton that it'll actually happen.