Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

On 3/23/2018 at 3:04 AM, mampfoid said:

Hehe, that's fun, happened to me some times. Usually M!Morgan can kill Grima with at least 27 HP (or 37?) and his special to proc, but often enough I have to sacrifice Felicia and Morgan to debuff and chip Grima enough to let Donnel or Robin finish him. 

With +4 Atk boost from S rank ally support and Spur Attack 1 seal, LH!Ike can ORKO Grima when initiated on so I rarely have to chip Grima. If memory serves correctly, Gerome with +3 Atk can 2RKO Grima when attacked(he has the QR seal). I don't think Gerome needs the attack boost but I believe Ike does. I play with map movements turned off on the enemy phase and Grima usually just disappears into Ike so I never really paid attention. 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve only done around 5000 points this afternoon and I’ve dropped only from ~1700 to ~1800, so I feel lest guilty now. I hope I don’t have to push as hard as the previous days for the rest, as it seems that maybe I won’t have enough time to play

Hoping to stay in top 1000 until the end. I have to use like 2-3 stamina potions a day to keep up though. I want to end at around a safe rank 700. Last time I tried for top 1000 was on the "Shrouded by the Storm" TT. I got robbed of my 900 rank placement in the last 10 minutes.

Everyone talking about staying in the top 100 when I'm sitting here at 50k points, and there's only 3 days left to do this.

Why must Auto Battle on Hard 5 be so weak?

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

With +4 Atk boost from S rank ally support and Spur Attack 1 seal, LH!Ike can ORKO Grima when initiated on so I rarely have to chip Grima. If memory serves correctly, Gerome with +3 Atk can 2RKO Grima when attacked(he has the QR seal). I don't think Gerome needs the attack boost but I believe Ike does. I play with map movements turned off on the enemy phase and Grima usually just disappears into Ike so I never really paid attention. 

I only recognized Gerome is able to do that after getting him to 2.5k HM. Mine got DEF+3, QR2, Bonfire and Close Defense 3 seal and needs to let Grima attack first. 

With some help also Felicia, Donnel, Robin and the Morgans were able to kill Grima, while it's usually no big deal for Caeda, Olivia and Y!Tiki (-ATK, vanilla set + Axebreaker and QR seal). 

So, I'm now at ~175K points which is rank ~1600. I think this seems pretty safe for staying in top 5000. So I'll finish earning HM in 2-3 units which are less than 100 short for their next 500 feathers and then I think I'll wait to see how ranks evolve, although I don't think I'll have to push much harder

Obviously these TTs are coming to an end: 

68JQciq.png

Having so many bonus units was a great experience, but also many other units collected a big heap of HM: Caeda (3k+), Felicia (3k+), HF!Kagero (1k+), Azama (2k+) and those who got their rest of HM to max out. 

Well I am at 120k and I think I will just be happy with the feathers I get and not grind for a higher level since I am finally burned out on this TT.  

On 3/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, Tybrosion said:

Well, auto-battle will likely be my best friend yet again since this time it’ll be Kirby Star Allies leeching away all time I would’ve spent manually playing this TT. Though it will fun to watch horse Chrom be a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut with the TT stat boosts on top of Sealed Falchion and horse buffs.

...How do y'all save the stamina potions required to keep pace like this?

34 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

In the first days I used some pots to get a good start, but overall I'll have more stamina portions after the event than before. I'm playing without auto-mode though. 

3 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

The only time I use stamina potions is TT, so I end up with a bigger and bigger stash every month since they give me more pots then I use every month.  Plus I get more from My Nintendo rewards for platinum coins every couple of weeks.  I went in to this TT with 105 pots but I will end it with 110 even though I used several pots.

4 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

1. They're given away frequently. (2 are given away weekly, Tempest Trials quests give away 1-2 stamina potions daily, Monthly quests give away 9 stamina potions)
2. A player with a My Nintendo account and a 3DS/Wii U/Switch can get more stamina potions (100 generic/FEH Platinum points per potion with no buy limit; a player can expect to earn ~90 generic Platinum points per week and 100 FEH Platinum points are earned per first completion of main story chapters). The points don't last forever (they expire after 6 months of earning them) so no point stockpiling them without spending any. I would spend points if any were to expire by the end of the month.
3. Save up. You already get 288 stamina in a 24 hr. period which is plenty for clearing out a good amount of quests or for training and such as long as you don't let the stamina bar fill completely to 99. What I like to do is to not spend any stamina during the ~8 hours before the daily reset (ie. reset comes around at 3AM meaning I shouldn't spend any stamina at around 7PM assuming the stamina bar is nearly empty; less than 12 stamina points at 7:45 - 8:00 PM)

Hmm, normally by the last day in TT I'm into the top 10k, indeed around 8k or so, and just have to put in a token effort to defend my rank on the last day. But after completing the final set of multiplier runs just now, I'm still only at rank 10318, and that's with a lot of people yet to do their final multiplier runs. Going to have to grind hard if I want those 6k feathers.

128724 points for what it's worth.

22 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm so fucking glad it's ending today. I'm beyond worn of playing TT. Expecting to finish top 10k.

Bring back TT Minis.

Two weeks of TTs are hard ... too bad the alternatives are rare in FEH. I'm not expecting any content for Easter for example. 

31 minutes ago, Raven said:

Bring back TT Minis.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Two weeks of TTs are hard ...

On the other hand, full-length tempests are two times more, erm, time to get those sweet feathers via HM.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the other hand, full-length tempests are two times more, erm, time to get those sweet feathers via HM.

Yep, it's still better than nothing and much better than VGs. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That's the only positive thing about them in comparison to Minis.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yep, it's still better than nothing and much better than VGs. 

3 minutes ago, Raven said:

That's the only positive thing about them in comparison to Minis.

If It was up to me, I would have replaced the gauntlet with minis. But it wouldn’t have been a smart idea.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If It was up to me, I would have replaced the gauntlet with minis. But it wouldn’t have been a smart idea.

Gauntlets are nothing more than a feather event. I'd be happy if Mini TT replaced Ganutlets and focused on feathers while main TT focused on Orbs.