• Xander the Pimp
    • Kagero the Ninjabbit
    • Camilla the Naughty Bun
    • Sharena the Bun-Bun Pal
    • Lucina the Eggsalt
    • Catria the Bunnywing
    • Chrom the Helpful Rabbit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Not seeing whole picture, doesn't make character one-noted, though wild cards like her are always interesting regardless. 

Actually Loki was quite popular even before she got character design, yet after she got one her personality became suddenly "lacking". Which I find ridiculous.

Why people just aren't honest and say " boobs suck, characters should be flat and wear nun habits, personality is secondary anyway "

At the time of the CYL2 there wasn't a 'whole picture'. Even now there still isn't. There have also been other manipulator characters in the FE games so Loki isn't all that special.

I remember some people saying they would be interested to meet Loki but not enough people that I would use the word popular. I do know that after the Book 2 trailer came out the subreddit and youtube comments were full of THICC comments.

But Loki's personality seems to be very much secondary so far? You do understand that we're still talking about the CYL2 right?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly because there isn't whole picture, she is interesting. And I definitely disagree personality is secondary to her popularity in any way. Or do you imply Veronica got second spot because big boobs too? 

44 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, because grafting a bit of Xane onto Aversa totally makes the latter interesting and not a character we’ve basically already seen before.

So you are saying Xane is flat, one-note character?

...Oh wait! Xane has no boobs, that makes him much more appealing character.

Edited by Tenzen12

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Exactly because there isn't whole picture, she is interesting. And I definitely disagree personality is secondary to her popularity in any way. Or do you imply Veronica got second spot because big boobs too? 

No I don't because Veronica has had a whole book + some appearances in book 2 for her character. 

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Not seeing whole picture, doesn't make character one-noted, though wild cards like her are always interesting regardless. 

Actually Loki was quite popular even before she got character design, yet after she got one her personality became suddenly "lacking". Which I find ridiculous.

Why people just aren't honest and say " boobs suck, characters should be flat and wear nun habits, personality is secondary anyway "

Was she? I didn't frequent forums then, but I always found Loki before her character design reveal to be boring and forgettable. At least she's more memorable now. But that's just my opinion

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I always troll on here about them having a decidedly anti big-breast bias, to no avail.  I believe the ideal SF Fire Emblem character would wear a nun outfit, and have alternately sassy and deep support conversations.  You are NOT allowed to like Camilla because of her design and personality, even though imo she's the most compelling character IS has made in a while.

I'm voting for Kagero; whoever wins in the battle of Playboy bunnies i will pledge support to all the way through.  Lol

Her backstory is tragic, but there are only a few times I found her to be likable in Fates. But that's my opinion. As for why people dislike her. Just a speculation and I don't frequent Camilla hate topics, but it might be because they dislike the idea of someone winning CYL for reasons that they can't really call approve of. I dunno exactly. I'm not saying that's the reason why I dislike her (mine is that she's Corrin Corrin Corrin in Fates and the story was already bad enough. Having a main story character like her just made the experience playing Conquest much worse. It reached the point where I just skipped the story and proceed to play the maps since that's the only enjoyment I'll get out of Fates, though I could try castle battles.)

Then again, Fates does so much wrong in general. Characters were okay, but the budget for writing supports was wasted because child characters were added to the game. That's why you get Corrinsexuals and half-assed S-supports. Also, boob physics in the 3D animations. Different department for designing the game as well as budgets being separate from one another, but you have to question design choices.

12 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Or do you imply Veronica got second spot because big boobs too? 

The manga made her adorable. I'm guessing that's why. Plus, she's been in the game from launch. Also, people actually thought she has a good chance to win after seeing the mid-results

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

No I don't because Veronica has had a whole book + some appearances in book 2 for her character. 

And Loki this didn't have enough time impress? I am example it's clearly not true (though not enough whale for her if opportunity were toarise at least not yet). 

I BTW don't care about Camilla, or Kagero though I don't hate them either. 

6 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

And Loki this didn't have enough time impress? I am example it's clearly not true (though not enough whale for her if opportunity were toarise at least not yet). 

I BTW don't care about Camilla, or Kagero though I don't hate them either. 

Did people actually spend time reading a garbage story (at the time when Heroes had a forgettable story)? Like before book 2. I can imagine a lot of people just skipped and didn't know that Loki existed

Also Veronica was the app icon for nearly 10 months

Edited by silveraura25

Beat me, but we are talking about people who actually bothered vote in CYL, and bothered vote for her particular. I would guess people who don't read story wouldn't give votes either.

Though I can't prove that.

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Beat me, but we are talking about people who actually bothered vote in CYL, and bothered vote for her particular. I would guess people who don't read story wouldn't give votes either.

Though I can't prove that.

I'm guessing people who saw her after Book II announcement wanted to whale for her. That legendary staff of hers could have been useful when horses were still the meta.

Her popularity was because of her beauty, but CYL is CYL. If people want beautiful characters they can have them. No shame in that. Unless you want a 3 alts for that character when a majority of characters are already having a hard time getting in

Edited by silveraura25

17 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I love it.  Any time there is something in Heroes that involves Camilla, even tangentially, we always have to argue about the importance of 'plot' vs plot.  

Was it the boob physics for 3D animations I mentioned? Or was it my statement about the reason why I'm not that fond of her (she's okay i my opinion. just makes experiencing fates not so great)

Or just pre-book II Loki being forgettable?

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

So you are saying Xane is flat, one-note character?

...Oh wait! Xane has no boobs, that makes him much more appealing character.

No, I wasn’t saying anything about Xane with my overly snide comment. I was saying that there’s nothing remotely interesting or original about Loki as a character.

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Must we always discuss why people like a character whenever it comes to a shapely female character? Do you guys not get tired of bringing it up all the time?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Not really. Just offering our opinions on why Loki is somewhat of a forgettable character before book II gave her an official design

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Must we always discuss why people like a character whenever it comes to a shapely female character? Do you guys not get tired of bringing it up all the time?

it's more about skimpy clothes than about the body shape tbh, Gunntrha is curvy too but she's covered. Nowi is flat but her clothes shows a lot and people make a fuss about it. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

No, I wasn’t saying anything about Xane with my overly snide comment. I was saying that there’s nothing remotely interesting or original about Loki as a character.

Yet you described her as combination of two pretty fun characters. If your point was saying Loki is not interesting character it wasn't very good argument. Also if yo decide dish something because it was done once twenty years ago (or so) you are not  really helping your cause either.

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

it's more about skimpy clothes than about the body shape tbh, Gunntrha is curvy too but she's covered. Nowi is flat but her clothes shows a lot and people make a fuss about it. 

People make a fuss about Nowi/Nyx because the law is iffy about sexualizing legally old adults with the body of a child. Though the childlike behavior of childlike manakates does raise eyebrows for some.

Though what's interesting is that the audience for lolicon and shotacon material (hentai) in Japan is in the millions. The stuff is sold quite openly. Japan elected not to have to inevitably imprison such a large number of its people. RL bad stuff featuring children is illegal though.

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yet you described her as combination of two pretty fun characters. If your point was saying Loki is not interesting character it wasn't very good argument. Also if yo decide dish something because it was done once twenty years ago (or so) you are not  really helping your cause either.

He said that she fails to emulate the two.

17 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

It's a Fire Emblem forum staple.  It's the most overreacting fanbase I know.  I mean, considering FE is an anime game, and anime is made by and for perverts, what do people expect?

To not get totally off-topic, I was a little surprised that Kagero and Camilla is a first round match.  My money is on Catria to win, since she has an easy path to the final.  Lucina v. Catria final upcoming?

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Not really. Just offering our opinions on why Loki is somewhat of a forgettable character before book II gave her an official design

I can agree with that, but she has become much more notable since, really. Certainly much more than Laevatein, who I can't for the life of me understand how she ranked so high in CYL.

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean, even then why is it an issue? With skimpily dressed characters people like to claim they've got no personality, despite the fact that they most certainly do, even if it may be a pandering one. There may be a common reason for why people like these characters, but that doesn't mean there aren't other reasons for people to like these characters. And just to put this out there, unpopular opinion, but sexually overt characters aren't a bad thing. Nor is liking them for that reason. When people throw the term "thot" around all the time, whether jokingly or otherwise, how is that any different from slut shaming? I don't see what's wrong with sexually overt characters, especially when they're a minority in Fire Emblem. I'll concede that Heroes does kind of exploit these characters more, and gives them a bunch of attention, but such is the nature of a gacha. But these characters a marginal number even in 3DS Fire Emblem games, that people like to claim made the games nothing but fanservice.

6 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

She’s just Aversa (or any of the previous seductive villainesses), but with Xane’s ability to shapeshift and trollish nature. She doesn’t do anything that either of those two didn’t do, hence why I don’t find her original or interesting.

36 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It's a Fire Emblem forum staple.  It's the most overreacting fanbase I know.  I mean, considering FE is an anime game, and anime is made by and for perverts, what do people expect?

To not get totally off-topic, I was a little surprised that Kagero and Camilla is a first round match.  My money is on Catria to win, since she has an easy path to the final.  Lucina v. Catria final upcoming?

Fire Emblem is a JRPG with tactical elements. Fire Emblem is animeish with Awakening and Fates because of the dating sim style supports and Kozaki's style of art (not saying it's a bad thing). I would have to describe it as Xenoblade Cronicles 1 vs 2 character art. There's a different vibe that you get.
Despite Hidari's artstyle feeling more suited for a JRPG, Echoes still had the CG that made it feel animeish, but that's my opinion

Steven Universe, RWBY, Rick and Morty. These have the most overreacting and toxic fanbases. Rick and Morty hasn't had a confirmation for season 4. What to people do? They write tweets about suicide among many other nonsense.
Regarding RWBY, you'd get multiple death threats by multiple people for supporting a ship that they don't support. At least shipping isn't this bad in Fire Emblem.

Edited by silveraura25

18 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I mean, even then why is it an issue? With skimpily dressed characters people like to claim they've got no personality, despite the fact that they most certainly do, even if it may be a pandering one. There may be a common reason for why people like these characters, but that doesn't mean there aren't other reasons for people to like these characters. And just to put this out there, unpopular opinion, but sexually overt characters aren't a bad thing. Nor is liking them for that reason. When people throw the term "thot" around all the time, whether jokingly or otherwise, how is that any different from slut shaming? I don't see what's wrong with sexually overt characters, especially when they're a minority in Fire Emblem. I'll concede that Heroes does kind of exploit these characters more, and gives them a bunch of attention, but such is the nature of a gacha. But these characters a marginal number even in 3DS Fire Emblem games, that people like to claim made the games nothing but fanservice.

The problem isn't so much the sexualization itself, it's how over the top and in your face it gets sometimes. Loki is over the top. But Lyn is mild fanservice and doesn't bother me as much (except when she's drawn seemingly underwearless). Then we have Camilla who has a whole cutscene based on shoving her assets in our faces. That's what bothers me.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

She’s just Aversa (or any of the previous seductive villainesses), but with Xane’s ability to shapeshift and trollish nature. She doesn’t do anything that either of those two didn’t do, hence why I don’t find her original or interesting.

Crux of your argument remain "I don't find her interesting because I seen it before",  right? Fair enough. It's good reason for you personally not finding her appealing. Or anyone who see it that way.

Though if you wanted generalise and say it makes anyone bad character... well you would find very few if any "good" characters in recent five or so games. Something completely new is hard to come and creators often fail when they try be original no matter what.

Edited by Tenzen12

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The problem isn't so much the sexualization itself, it's how over the top and in your face it gets sometimes. Loki is over the top. But Lyn is mild fanservice and doesn't bother me as much (except when she's drawn seemingly underwearless). Then we have Camilla who has a whole cutscene based on shoving her assets in our faces. That's what bothers me.

That made me question as to why I borrowed Birthright from my friend. Imagine playing this game in your class when you're having a break and then a girl decides to take a look at what you're playing. And then that cutscene comes up

1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

I'm just gonna vote for Kagero ... because she's an artist.

Yeah, artist, lets go with that.

No shame in that. If you like beautiful women then you have taste. No crime in that