• Xander the Pimp
    • Kagero the Ninjabbit
    • Camilla the Naughty Bun
    • Sharena the Bun-Bun Pal
    • Lucina the Eggsalt
    • Catria the Bunnywing
    • Chrom the Helpful Rabbit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 05:00 AM

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

If we're going to be real here, the only victories left to get from any VG these days is the feathers and other goodies they dispense. The actual event itself is nothing more than a farce at this point and though I'm not among the ones clamoring for the VG to get canned, I wouldn't be sad to see it die either.

I'd gladly take even full Tempest Trials over the Voting Gauntlet, for at least I can auto-battle it for a greater amount of rewards (except Sacred Coins, but that's totally made up for by new seals). Worst part about the VG, to me, isn't that I might win or lose a few extra feathers, but that the very nature of spending during ideal hours sits in the back of my mind all week long and has me interrupting things like watching a movie almost by impulse.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooh.... Same hell. That's a bummer. On one hand, if we stay like this for the rest of the gauntlet, our lovely Prince of Askr may win. On the other hand, same hell. Yuck. I did get to spend some flags, and his team is so small that even though I have 610 flags left, I'm still ranked pretty high (almost top 1k). 

But I still hope we break out of it and maybe get one more multiplier. XD

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Voting Gauntlets, you only get friends that are on the same team as you.

...so... literally nobody on my friend list is on Alfonse...

Wow, maybe I should have gone for one of the booby teams.

Bugger, I bet that Xander wouldn't fall into same hell this hour, but he did, and will stay there for the rest of the round, leaving me with 500 unused flags. Oh well, will just carry them forward. The actual result is on a knife-edge too, and will depend on either side burning off-multiplier flags as Xander defends that <1% lead. Then I look over to the next matchup and notice his sister basically in an identical situation. Freaky.

Edited by Humanoid

I’m not for removing content, so I’m against the idea of the VG getting axed completely. I actually enjoy the VG more than Tap Battles (which I honestly find lame) and Rival Domains (which only stress me out). I enjoy the VG for the suspense and rewards for participating. 

I do think it can be reworked a bit though, and I thought maybe instead of it only happening every other month or so it can be a weekly thing. Rather than having eight participants there can simply be two so the match can only last a day, maybe two days if they wish. The themes can be much more broader, like simply something like “Joshua vs Marisa” or “Azura vs Olivia” etc etc. It probably won’t ever happen like that, but it’ll be nice imo.

29 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Bugger, I bet that Xander wouldn't fall into same hell this hour, but he did, and will stay there for the rest of the round, leaving me with 500 unused flags. Oh well, will just carry them forward. The actual result is on a knife-edge too, and will depend on either side burning off-multiplier flags as Xander defends that <1% lead. Then I look over to the next matchup and notice his sister basically in an identical situation. Freaky.

One trick I do is I'll win a match at the end of a multiplier, then wait on the flag spending screen until after the hour passes, and check a score tracker to see how it looks. If there's gonna be Same for the rest of the match, then I'll use the flags, because the multiplier goes by when you start the fight, not when you spend the flags.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Really, everything I see says' Lucina is likely to win?

I don't exactly have some kind of scientific backing here; it's just that Sharena is set to get the last multiplier.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Looking like Lucina will lose. How's it going for the rest? 

She ought to win, her and Sharena are in one of those back-and-forth mutliplier situations with practically no chance of a Same, and the last multiplier is gonna be Lucina's

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Looking like Lucina will lose. How's it going for the rest? 

Lucina looks on track to win, and will do so unless the match falls into same hell again. Sharena was on track to win 8 hours ago, but Lucina underperforming at hour 33 forced them into same hell and flipped the pattern of the multiplier so that Lucina is now predicted to be ahead when the round ends.

As for the other matches, Xander and Camilla are both defending leads of under 1%, and both have the smaller army so it's down to pure flag usage from the respective teams without any multipliers to brute force a win, strategy doesn't come into it now as there's basically no chance of either side getting any multipliers. Chrom vs Catria is tricky to call, we'll get more clarity in 5 minutes.

Edited by Humanoid

How can Sharena get the last multiplier? It doesn't look like that's possible to me. Not complaining if that does happen tho.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How can Sharena get the last multiplier? It doesn't look like that's possible to me. Not complaining if that does happen tho.

I can't see it either. The predictor is currently projecting a huge underperformance by Lucina this hour which is just a shortcoming in the way it's programmed, Lucina will easily blow past the same threshold.

As for the other matches, Xander actually outscored Alfonse without a multiplier in the last hour, but this is likely a result of the afterglow from the previous hour Xander multiplier. It almost was enough to give Alfonse a bonus, but ended up about a million points short. It may have stalled Alfonse long enough to give Xander victory though, whereas without the afterglow Alfonse would have had a good chance of passing him in the final hour.

Camilla likewise outscored Kagero for the same reason and might have made Camilla the favourite to advance now. Catria vs Chrom is still barely any clearer, where Catria ends up after her current bonus hour doesn't matter as much, the match will almost entirely come down to where Chrom lands after his multiplier next hour.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I can't see it either. The predictor is currently projecting a huge underperformance by Lucina this hour which is just a shortcoming in the way it's programmed, Lucina will easily blow past the same threshold.

Yeeeaah, I don't see a huge underperformance happening either.

GG, I guess. I'll just have to go onto Alfonse/Xander and be prepared to lose there too, given how small they are.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Time to pack up and prepare to move over to team Lucina, I guess. I’m sorry, best princess. We did all we could.

Why go to the team that beat best princess? That's not cool. xP

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

As for the other matches, Xander actually outscored Alfonse without a multiplier in the last hour, but this is likely a result of the afterglow from the previous hour Xander multiplier. It almost was enough to give Alfonse a bonus, but ended up about a million points short. It may have stalled Alfonse long enough to give Xander victory though, whereas without the afterglow Alfonse would have had a good chance of passing him in the final hour.

Camilla likewise outscored Kagero for the same reason and might have made Camilla the favourite to advance now. Catria vs Chrom is still barely any clearer, where Catria ends up after her current bonus hour doesn't matter as much, the match will almost entirely come down to where Chrom lands after his multiplier next hour.

Assuming Catria scores as much as she did the last bonus hour, she will push Chrom into 2 straight bonus hours. Catria really needs to bury Chrom now, and hope that there's been adequate attrition of flags on Chrom's side from the earlier multiplier.

So let's go Team Catria! Let's make Chrom fear the rabbit!

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why go to the team that beat best princess? That's not cool. xP

I like Lucina a whole lot too, and if Sharena didn’t participate, I would’ve joined her.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I like Lucina a whole lot too, and if Sharena didn’t participate, I would’ve joined her.

Oh. Okay then.

I can only hope not many people join Lucina after this while a lot join whoever wins out of Xander and Alfonse...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Okay then.

I can only hope not many people join Lucina after this while a lot join whoever wins out of Xander and Alfonse...

If Kagero loses, I'm definitely joining Team Lucina. Don't have Catria or Camilla, so I'd rather get the bonus points.