Debate Challenges

Mekkah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems my current debate is going nowhere...

Would anyone be interested in debating any of the following characters:

FE6:

Noah

Treck

Zealot

Wade (the guy's growing on me)

FE7 (unranked):

Isadora

FE8:

Franz

Forde

FE9:

Tanith

FE10:

Oscar

Or suggest your own matchup.

If two debates isn't too much for you, FE10 Oscar vs Boyd(T)?

If two debates isn't too much for you, FE10 Oscar vs Boyd(T)?

Actually, I think that's a little bit too heavily in Boyd's favour (I think the tier list currently underrates Boyd and he could be a lot higher on it).

I'm bored let's? debate

What were you thinking of?

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth

Shouldn't you also decide if other transfer units exist as well? Also which ones? Like, maybe pick the same 6 units to get transfers + the unit you are arguing with. And decide what the bonuses are.

Are oportinity cost analysis taken into account in debates? I hear that when someone says, for example, at the Morecai vs. Nephenee debate: "Nephenee can take a forge and be a decent combat unit", then the oposer would say something like "But other people like Oscar and Titania make better use of them", and then the person defending Nephenee would say "But this is Mordecai vs. Nephenee. Not Oscar/Titania vs. Nephenee".

Are oportinity cost analysis taken into account in debates? I hear that when someone says, for example, at the Morecai vs. Nephenee debate: "Nephenee can take a forge and be a decent combat unit", then the oposer would say something like "But other people like Oscar and Titania make better use of them", and then the person defending Nephenee would say "But this is Mordecai vs. Nephenee. Not Oscar/Titania vs. Nephenee".

You should always look at the opportunity cost when evaluating things. A debate should normally be no exception here, unless we're talking lower on the barrel end of things. The biggest thing with a debate is, so to speak, "bribing" the person as to why the character you're debating with is better than the other character. Generally speaking, you are narrowing it down to who's better for the team.

At least that's how I look at it. Just make sure you know how to do it correctly and not make it blatant such as "well, who cares if Alan can use the Seraph Robe? Marcus can use it too!"

Edited by Tyranel M

Meh. Going to renew my debate challenge. FE9 of course.

You're on. Whatever you pick, I'm fine with. Just don't be stupid.

snapback.png13_master_x, on 09 January 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

FEDS H5 debates? I'd be defending... (lol)... Jagen.

Jagen vs. Wendell

Jagen vs. Caeda

Your pick.

Jagen vs. Wendell. AFTER Midterms this week

Edited by 13_master_x