Debate Challenges

Mekkah

So I assume we're talking about Hector Hard Mode. I'll pick Marcus anyways. So should I create the debate topic and start the thing off, or do you want to?

You pick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind an FE debate. Preferably with units really close to one another in terms of quality. Efficiency. I want a more relaxed debate, and I wouldn't mind making the opening post.

EDIT: FE9 is my best game, but FE6 or FE7 if you really want.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I'd like to debate some units in an FE8 draft environment, I have an issue to put to rest. Specifically I'd like someone to oppose my theory of Vanessa > Franz, though I'll happily argue just about anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

You pick.

Sorry about totally blowing you off, I kind of forgot about my challenge completely. You still up for it?

I'd like to debate some units in an FE8 draft environment, I have an issue to put to rest. Specifically I'd like someone to oppose my theory of Vanessa > Franz, though I'll happily argue just about anything else.

Sure, I'll defend Franz if you create the topic.

Hrm, fe12 has loads of customaization. That actually makes characters almost the same in certain aspects. So if we debate, we'll have to agree on certain rules I guess. Maybe no male limits unlocked. Maybe decide whetehr its H1 or Lunatic. Dunno.

As for pairs, well uh, I was thinking of the Luke vs Rody debate we had that day. I think I have a few more arguements for Luke.

Other pairings.. hm. Frey vs Abel, Warren vs Jeorge, Barst vs Norne. Yeah, I'm not able to come up with great pairings. I'd allow you to decide on it, really.

H1 would work. That's the most common setting.

I'd say we should have male class limits unlocked as it's commonly there.

Luke Vs Rody sounds good. Since I'm a Rody-Lover anyway. You make the debate topic?

• 1 month later...

I need to practice my composition and logic for the Phillipine Private Schools.

FE7(Any, but preferably not HHM)

, FE8

, and fe6(NM)

Also, no ranks.

I'm curious as to how well I can do

I don't know, doing game comparisions would screwy.

And besides, Seth has no problems.

She has Str problems

Seth has killer bases that orko for 16 chapters

Her bases are perfect for earlygame. 12 str is kinda bad midgame

Case closed

:XD:

Fixed HM vs fe8 HM?

Edited by The Creeper

Depends, what am I defending and what am I sandbagging/fighting?

Also, should we agree on "fake" teams or use real ones as an example for this.

Also, NM or HM?

Edited by The Creeper

It will be under the average rule system:

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 7 players.

2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.

3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.

4. Haar is banned from drafting.

5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.

3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.

2. Volug is free for 1-5.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P

4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.

5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.

7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

I'll hear your ideas for a debate first, then I could choose something else if I don't quite agree with it.

We aren't necessarily assuming a set of teams, but instead, we are assuming the possibility of said unit being good or bad to the team.