• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

It's okay, just come to Dead Memers Anonymous (DMA) and we'll talk about it! actually there's no dma i'm just being a little sheet.

What is this slimy stuff on this tombstone?

Water, as it always seems to rain at funerals.

1 hour ago, Zawisza Czarny said:

Switzerland?

Squeeeeeeeeee...

Long story short, I accidentally missed a project in 9th grade, but the teacher allowed me to make it up if I asked and answered 10 questions about World War II. I ended up doing 7, but because they were so detailed my teacher let it count.

Anyway...

I FINALLY HAVE AN EXCUSE TO SHARE THIS:

Switzerland only:

Spoiler

Switzerland strongly opposed the Nazi and Axis powers so much that they opposed Frontists (Nazi sympathisers) parties more than Communist ones (and Switzerland was afraid of having a similar communist to the USSR!) Switzerland, however was literally surrounded by Axis controlled countries, and relied almost entirely on trading for its raw materials. The country was too pro-Allied to willingly surrender to the Axis, but Switzerland also knew that if it joined the Allies, it would be immediately attacked, or at least have all trading, the only way their economy flourishes, ended. Unlike every other neutral country, the threat of invasion was extremely real. The propaganda threat “Die Schweiz, das kleine Stachelschwein, nehmen wir auf dem Rückweg ein,” (We’ll take Switzerland, the small porcupine, on the way back home!) Was taken very seriously. Switzerland had a determined, albeit small, army, with outdated equipment that Swiss Connell Eugen Bircher said “The Germans could have advanced toward the capital with a single tank regiment.” Nevertheless, the army planned to use guerilla tactics and operate from the Alps. Hitler actually planned Operation Tannenbaum to invade Switzerland but never executed it.

All neutral countries in World War 2:

Spoiler

What countries were neutral in the war and why? Iceland, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland all remained neutral during World War 2.

Iceland had little industry value and nothing more than a police force for armed forces, so it saw itself of little use in the war. It was however, a great strategic placement in the Atlantic and was sought out by both sides.

Ireland tried to stay neutral, as it had nothing more than a police force for it’s army, and enjoyed it’s independence in internal affairs. It did however, allow the allies access to some intelligence reports and submarine movements in 1941.

Portugal had already done some fighting supporting out Spain in it’s civil war, and decided to avoid World War 2 to avoid more conflict. Portugal and Spain signed a friendship treaty and non-aggression pact during the war to protect each other in case they were attacked by a third. Although neutral, the country was pro-Axis, and Hitler actually had planned an operation to invade Portugal but never executed it.

By the time World War 2 started, Spain had finished a three year civil war, and was economically and socially ruined. Despite being neutral, The Spanish secretly allowed the Germans to use their airports, as well as preventing citizens from over criticizing Nazi Germany.

Sweden had stayed neutral since the nineteenth century in all wars and avoided World War 2 as well. At the start of the war, Axis forces had surrounded the country, forcing Sweden to trade iron ore for basic necessities as well as allowing Germany access to it’s railroads. From 1942-1944, Sweden had starting favoring the Allies, and re-opened it’s trading with Allied forces and prevented Germans to use it’s transportation systems. Sweden did, however, continue trading with Axis powers. Sweden was also a safe haven for Jews, as they tried to accept Jewish immigrants after seeing the persecution of Jews by the Nazis.

Switzerland strongly opposed the Nazi and Axis powers so much that they opposed Frontists (Nazi sympathizers) parties more than Communist ones (and Switzerland was afraid of having a similar communist to the USSR!) Switzerland, however was literally surrounded by Axis controlled countries, and relied almost entirely on trading for its raw materials. The country was too pro-Allied to willingly surrender to the Axis, but Switzerland also knew that if it joined the Allies, it would be immediately attacked, or at least have all trading, the only way their economy flourishes, ended. Unlike every other neutral country, the threat of invasion was extremely real. The propaganda threat “Die Schweiz, das kleine Stachelschwein, nehmen wir auf dem Rückweg ein,” (We’ll take Switzerland, the small porcupine, on the way back home!) Was taken very seriously. Switzerland had a determined, albeit small, army, with outdated equipment that Swiss Connell Eugen Bircher said “The Germans could have advanced toward the capital with a single tank regiment.” Nevertheless, the army planned to use guerilla tactics and operate from the Alps. Hitler actually planned Operation Tannenbaum to invade Switzerland but never executed it.

What did South America do during World War 2?

Edited by Hawkwing

16 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

Uh, sir? That's not a brain buster. It's 4.

I'm actually kinda worried now.

19 minutes ago, SMEDIA said:

Which, if any, drugs can “enhance” playing Fire Emblem? Cocaine? LSD? Meth? I would really like to know for a “friend”.

Tell them that drugs are bad, addictive, not worth your money, and can actually destroy your live. And tell them that there are more insightful forms of pleasure than drugs.

Why is the default ringtone music on some phones actually pretty good?

...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that depends on your definition of "good". But cause they have to be pleasant cause you here them a lot.

Why are balloons called "balloons".?balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloon balloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Edited by ProfImpossible

No, but the name is all I need to understand what it is.

When will Wakanda get a Starbucks?

Because sex is great exercise (the joke here is that bird is a pun for women).

What would happen if Fire Emblem made a monk unit that looked exactly like Jesus, could walk on water,  and automatically revived after a battle because he is in fact immortal?

Putting ideas into words can sometimes be a challenging process. Push through it and you will eventually get it done.

Are bats more used to being upside down, or downside up?