Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do you even want to win this war?  Between our releasing the leaders of the opposing army at every opportunity, our attacking our own allies, and Iago's sabotaging our efforts, it's a miracle we've made it this far.

Considering the king's real intentions, no, not really.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not super familiar with the Fatesland map, but doesn't Hoshido have a pretty long coastline on its eastern and possibly southern boarders?  Why can't we just land a navy there?

There's the argument that it is easier to get the boats landed as soon as possible. Maybe they couldn't trust the boats landing there due to lack of supplies or the boats themselves aren't able to sail on a more open sea than where they sailed.

Besides, the south is Mokushu territory (leaving more questions to answer). I think, Moirai (Fateslandia but fancier) is never clear on this.

Edit: I never did read Greek myth in ancient Greek.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

1: How did they get here?

2: Why don't we have anyone who can control these guys?  Shouldn't Leo have learned some spell to control these guys in Dark Mage School?

1. I assume it's just sheer volume that poured in and some have managed to get this far since Chapter 5. These specifically seem to have been likely conjured nearby with how Iago's talking. If we assume he made them.

2. There's no indication Nohr actually ever could, is there?

What are Faceless even made of?

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

These effective weapons are disappointing me more than Dwyer disappoints Jakob.

Yeah, I think the Kris Knife is junk. Can't even outdo a silver against the stuff it's good against. Adding insult to injury, the silver debuffs an actually important stat (speed as opposed to magic). And this is ignoring that Faceless and Stoneborn are likely shrugging it off anyhow.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I was confusing my usual setup with the one she has here. Whoops.

What is your usual setup?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Probably a proximity thing. If you need to be relatively close to the capital for it to work chances are it won't.

>3 flying tomes

>only Rezzi and Leo are in flying tome classes

...???

Maybe, though Iago's powers seem to be very plot dependent.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I've never liked the Kris Knife, tbh. Its Mt is meh and Faceless/Stoneborn have real Def stats. Pegs and Foxes at least have low enough Def that Hunter's Knives will put a good dent in them.

Blessed Bow is KOing the Faceless, at least. That's pretty valuable until you get to the ones on the RHS of the penultimate platform.

I was confusing my usual setup with the one she has here. Whoops.

I'll need to looks up the effective damage formula, but it seems very underwhelming compared to many games where it's pretty much a guaranteed one round KO.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Considering the king's real intentions, no, not really.

There's the argument that it is easier to get the boats landed as soon as possible. Maybe they couldn't trust the boats landing there due to lack of supplies or the boats themselves aren't able to sail on a more open sea than where they sailed.

Besides, the south is Mokushu territory (leaving more questions to answer). I think, Moirai (Fateslandia but fancier) is never clear on this.

Edit: I never did read Greek myth in ancient Greek.

1. I assume it's just sheer volume that poured in and some have managed to get this far since Chapter 5. These specifically seem to have been likely conjured nearby with how Iago's talking. If we assume he made them.

2. There's no indication Nohr actually ever could, is there?

What are Faceless even made of?

It's surprising that Nohr hasn't a successful insurrection by now.

I really wish the borders were more obviously defined.  It's just sorta vaguely implied where everything is supposed to be.

Nohr at least has some sort of navy and Hoshido was able to invade by sea in Chapter 10, so if Nohr is power is at all similar, they should be able to make s landing.

48 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It would be nice is they had actually bothered naming the continent.  Doesn't the continent of FE Switch already have a name, too?

16 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah, I think the Kris Knife is junk. Can't even outdo a silver against the stuff it's good against. Adding insult to injury, the silver debuffs an actually important stat (speed as opposed to magic). And this is ignoring that Faceless and Stoneborn are likely shrugging it off anyhow.

Too bad we don't have a monster effective tome.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll need to looks up the effective damage formula, but it seems very underwhelming compared to many games where it's pretty much a guaranteed one round KO.

It would be nice is they had actually bothered naming the continent.  Doesn't the continent of FE Switch already have a name, too?

Effective damage triples the weapon’s Mt. Kris knife only has 3 Mt, so it’s raised up to 9 against relevant targets. Steel dagger has 7 Mt always.

It’s called Fódlan, derived from Fódla, an Irish goddess whose name apparently was used as a poetic name for Ireland.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Effective damage triples the weapon’s Mt. Kris knife only has 3 Mt, so it’s raised up to 9 against relevant targets. Steel dagger has 7 Mt always.

It’s called Fódlan, derived from Fódla, an Irish goddess whose name apparently was used as a poetic name for Ireland.

Oh goodie.

I need to read up on FE Switch when I can.

We find that Kana just barely can't finish off this Faceless.  At least he can tank like a champ.

MBfrhOw.jpgL9TCe8v.jpg

Kana has a level-up to make Mama proud.  Not to be outdone, Percy has a for all intents and purposes perfect level-up.

n2srvX8.jpg

Meanwhile we chip away with our Holy Spork.  This thing even debuffs us by equipping it.

41foQbj.jpgA7KIiDP.jpg

You ready to rock?

mB0Q1VU.jpg

Dwyer proves his usefulness by activating the second Dragon Vein of our ascent.

kCce2jj.jpg

These guys hit hard, but they need to die.

eYSxYRE.jpg

At least Shigure's hit rate has been a lot better this chapter.

QuzFlOw.jpg

Yay, he got Strength and Skill!

Time for some Camilla chip damage.

2kGPQWe.jpgBClpeCh.jpg

I guess if it had to be just two stats, those are the two I'd pick.

XCHNrwQ.jpgoOx1ts2.jpg

At leas the Blessed Bow does decent damage.

URgwUEm.jpg

Do mine eyes deceive me, or did Nina just get a good level up?

9mSLPWq.jpgvs6gchh.jpg5mZ8Lxe.jpg

Killing Faceless Jim here will allow someone to activate that Dragon Vein unmolested.

aseGoON.jpgapD3dJa.jpg

Xander can attack this Stoneborn over the rubble and lands a crit on him.

QHFHsPI.jpg

But in exchange for that luck, Kana has to miss this 92% hit.

NmppicV.jpg

Lucky for us, we have a full shield gauge ready for this attack.

iy4S8hB.jpg

Xander is not quite as lucky, but he's one of my units who can tank it.

3hemBbB.jpgMYbyWBA.jpgmvkN19n.jpgufQDe7n.jpg

Decent level up for Rezzi.  I forgot we gain the unpromoted skills first, so I guess we'll have to stay in this class for a while.

What is your usual setup?

Well, the part that I got mixed up was the fliers - I usually go with 3x Malig Knight (Corrin, Camilla, Elise) for Stoneborn deletion, though you only really need all 3 for the two Stoneborn near the start. Then the rest of the army is a few other fliers and horses, Azura, Sorcerer Leo (more Stoneborn deletion, with Lightning), and usually a few pair-up bots I want/need for stat benchmarks.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

At least Shigure's hit rate has been a lot better this chapter.

The vein inflicts the full Freeze effect, which includes -20 Avo.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We find that Kana just barely can't finish off this Faceless.  At least he can tank like a champ.

Just add Golembane.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The vein inflicts the full Freeze effect, which includes -20 Avo.

Just add Golembane.

Ah, that would explain it a bit.

Maybe a bit too niche for Kana's one skill, and with how hard it was to find Lancefaire on Shigure, I'm not sure I'd be able to find that anywhere.

Time for Dwyer to pick off another Faceless.

oBSjSnm.jpg8XhRGIm.jpg

Not great, but at least he got Speed.

Time for our third Dragon Vein.

8K4o6Ax.jpgQ3yZFtA.jpgL0JeujN.jpgG7QLT19.jpg

Another good level for Shigure!

MaWiyGv.jpgCLJB94D.jpg

Pretty nice level for Leo there.

Thankfully Xander is able to take several hits from the Stoneborn.

oA15nzo.jpgIZJxHGG.jpgEsU3nfr.jpg

Xander helps his tankiness with this level-up.

81o5dUO.jpgbRLsnoz.jpg

Forrest gives some much needed HP to Uncle Xander.  Why can't they support?

qvlB02A.jpg

Percy does more damage with a forged Iron Axe than the Kris does.

w6bYyLs.jpgTn0Jh1U.jpg

I almost didn't give Rezzi an Axe for this chapter, but I'm glad I did, for these Tomebreaker Faceless.

89qdB5n.jpg

Lucky that 90% of the Stoneborn rocks have been going at Xander.  Let's freeze them again.

5YvuGQG.jpg9dBBOSW.jpg

And we are now at the final push.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe a bit too niche for Kana's one skill, and with how hard it was to find Lancefaire on Shigure, I'm not sure I'd be able to find that anywhere.

I went Mechanist Corrin on most of my more recent playthroughs (through Kaze support) because I think watching the C26 Stoneborn get OHKO'd by Golembane-boosted Dragonstone+ shots is really funny. I could put it up pretty quickly if you really wanted it.

That said...you almost certainly don't. I just do it because I find it entertaining.

We rush the northern Faceless and many of these inconsiderate losers don't even give us any XP.

VmngdBt.jpg0IsUxI4.jpg1A5RMds.jpg8njeOd5.jpgaKCEzW5.jpg

These Faceless Boss Twins have an Arms Scroll that will definitely come in handy.  The only question is whether to use use it to get someone out of E rank weapons or give someone that extra push into A range.

PE8sOoA.jpgAVTodoX.jpg

Eloquent as always, Mr Faceless.

U1G6Kt8.jpg

Mr Faceless, I have a present for you!

Even Luna isn't enough to one-shot him, so we send Percy in to finish the job.

ikLSAIW.jpgN2TrfyL.jpg

Rest in Peace, sweet Faceless.  You are the allies we deserve, just not the allies we need right now.

Time to mop of the rest of their friends.

HyitzZU.jpgu4CxNHf.jpg

Selena, keep doing damage like that, and you're not going to be Camilla's favorite retainer anymore.

bvtTy3U.jpg

Might as well use this last Dragon Vein.

Al36vXi.jpgDkzBWcw.jpgHaxCTTp.jpg

Thank Anna for filled shield gauges.

zfuMDzB.jpg

Nothing is more unsatisfying than not getting any XP for killing things.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day, Iago will pay for this.  "To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

pE5MV8U.jpgKSY4NRo.jpgCxau11y.jpgjdoWL8T.jpg

Percy's level ups have been amazing.  I've never used him before.  Is he always like this?

GJ7GmrF.jpg

Elise gets herself a level up from topping some HP off.  She's just now hitting double digits in Skill.  Thankfully, her Luck helps make up for it.

8cODfPk.jpg

Some more uninvited guests try to crash our party.  There's still some monsters worth XP down below, but I don't want to press our Luck.

40G9FZk.jpg

Time to exercise the better part of valor.

htm4vb6.jpg

And we made it through the Eternal Staircase with no casualties, yep, no casualties at all.  Good thing we left Lilith back at the castle, or something bad might have happened.

Edited by Rezzy

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Elise gets herself a level up from topping some HP off.  She's just now hitting double digits in Skill.  Thankfully, her Luck helps make up for it.

Personally, that's who I tend to leave her in Troubadour - her skill suxxorz, and she needs the help. Her Luck doesn't really make up for it, in case you're wondering.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, that's who I tend to leave her in Troubadour - her skill suxxorz, and she needs the help. Her Luck doesn't really make up for it, in case you're wondering.

Yeah, I don't usually early promote her, but I didn't want to take any chances with Chapter 10.  Thankfully, she's still been doing pretty well.

These guys didn't get the memo that the chapter was supposed to be over now.

7PWOH0C.jpgtdKa5g9.jpg

Endless reinforcements are cheap.

GaGRBXa.jpg

I dunno, they seems to be hitting Xander the most last chapter.

Tys02eq.jpg

But I need you Xander, I only have like 3 units that can tank.

AQFTmui.jpg

Where exactly did my Wyvern go, anyway?

A2V9KJB.jpg

Let me grab my Faceless to English dictionary, I didn't quite catch that.

y3T3keL.jpg

How many resources is Iago wasting here, just to mess with us?  Don't we have a country to invade, still?

Y1X7gMU.jpgi5SXDpS.jpg

Lilith, when I said I had three units that could tank, you weren't one of them!

bZdDhFk.jpg

If people can pass between our pocket plane and the real world at will like this, why haven't we ever done this before now?  It would be a great sneak attack tactic.

BovwZnK.jpg

I like Lilith and this death almost wins the most pointlessly random death in Fates award, only being beaten out by Izana in Revelations.

uwu3Kz5.jpg3tBl1Ld.jpg

Rezzi begins to regret choosing Classic Mode.

Fg8yR0o.jpgcH2EN4P.jpg

Stop trying to make me cry game, you didn't earn it.  This is like killing off Jadzia Dax in Star Trek: DS9.

qbHw5tZ.jpg

Thank you for waiting there so patiently while we had this tender moment, Mr Faceless.

TLNMoTc.jpg

Azura's tanking ability is much better in cut-scenes than in the actual game.

bMLCRbR.jpg

Why is she here and not back at our castle?  Good question.  Why couldn't all the people on the bench have jumped out instead?  I bet Gazak could have tanked that hit.

jUldB6K.jpg

Thanks for your vote of confidence there, Xander.

jxOMYwo.jpg

I know the rules on the Ironman, thank you very much.

jfIU1ak.jpg

Can't we toss her body into our pocket plane at least?

NELpXzY.jpg

I guess not.

IkgKHY2.jpg

How did Iago even know Lilith was a Fish Dragon?  I didn't know until like Chapter 3, and she's been in our pocket plane since then.  And what does he have against Lilith?  Maybe he just knows she's our sister hates her by cosanguinity.

2gFv2JM.jpg

Get a hobby, sir!

YxZyGFk.jpg

Iago, I'm not Othello, what the heck is your motivation for hating me?

That must be it.

Chapter 21 Complete

Deaths: Lilith, killed by plot

New Units: None

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We don't use Dragonstones on Rezzi that much, and Tomes are the best weapon type.

Bold: I'm not sure I would agree - tomes in general don't even seem to be half as good as they were in Awakening...

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, the part that I got mixed up was the fliers - I usually go with 3x Malig Knight (Corrin, Camilla, Elise) for Stoneborn deletion, though you only really need all 3 for the two Stoneborn near the start. Then the rest of the army is a few other fliers and horses, Azura, Sorcerer Leo (more Stoneborn deletion, with Lightning), and usually a few pair-up bots I want/need for stat benchmarks.

Um-kay. Personally, I see Azura as more of a liability in this chapter - mega-frail units and long range enemy units don't mix. Also, is Malig Knight Elise really worth it? Because with the low skill and axes, I question the viability of it...

Um-kay. Personally, I see Azura as more of a liability in this chapter - mega-frail units and long range enemy units don't mix.

That's not a problem if the nearby long range enemies are all dead by the time Azura reaches whatever spot she's going to. I did mention that I kill them (not all of them though, I leave the ones on the right wall):

Spoiler

2 ways to take out the Stoneborn:

1. Camilla & Elise

a) Camilla nails a nearby Faceless, the goal is to get Savage Blow damage.

EcqcNaJ.png

b) Elise finishes the Stoneborn with a Dual Strike assist.

yivRwfs.png

Corrin finished the other Stoneborn from those screenshots. It wasn't too bad, since it had been hit by 2x Savage Blow.

2. Leo - 2HKO with Lightning.

ozCmwXO.png

Also, is Malig Knight Elise really worth it? Because with the low skill and axes, I question the viability of it...

First off...see above. Second, on this map in particular, lower hit isn't really a problem because of the veins. Outside of this map, it can be, but as long as she has a support and sticks to WTA she can go Bolt Axe pretty reliably. She also still has tome access. Worst case scenario she throws in Savage Blow chip damage to a group of enemies, which plays out perfectly fine if said group of enemies is dispatched by the rest of the army.

Edited by LordFrigid

23 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That's not a problem if the nearby long range enemies are all dead by the time Azura reaches whatever spot she's going to. I did mention that I kill them (not all of them though, I leave the ones on the right wall):

Reveal hidden contents

2 ways to take out the Stoneborn:

1. Camilla & Elise

a) Camilla nails a nearby Faceless, the goal is to get Savage Blow damage.

EcqcNaJ.png

b) Elise finishes the Stoneborn with a Dual Strike assist.

yivRwfs.png

Corrin finished the other Stoneborn from those screenshots. It wasn't too bad, since it had been hit by 2x Savage Blow.

2. Leo - 2HKO with Lightning.

ozCmwXO.png

First off...see above. Second, on this map in particular, lower hit isn't really a problem because of the veins. Outside of this map, it can be, but as long as she has a support and sticks to WTA she can go Bolt Axe pretty reliably. She also still has tome access. Worst case scenario she throws in Savage Blow chip damage to a group of enemies, which plays out perfectly fine if said group of enemies is dispatched by the rest of the army.

Well, I don’t tend to have any flying tome users because I find Malig Knight inferior for the most part, so there's that.

I was thinking more from a general perspective, not in the context of this specific chapter. I’m dissuaded from thinking it’s worthwhile because (BLEEP) skill and axes make Wyvern Elise very very unappealing, and the crap strength makes it worse than Link’s recovery.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

20 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Azura's tanking ability is much better in cut-scenes than in the actual game.

I assume she just acted as Xander's support.

Azura tanking is a sad joke even on Normal Mode. :P

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What’s next? And how do you plan on getting past Hana and her super speed?

Those generals she captured have wary fighter and some pretty good stats since they were bosses, tho they might be a bit behind since it's been I think two chapters since theve been captured 

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

Good luck on the next part, and Naga bless this woman for Hinoka's chapter is the worst.

I see this and I raise you Takumi’s chapter.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see this and I raise you Takumi’s chapter.

I'll up the antie. Slime Garron's chapter

At least Ryoma will patiently wait 25 turns for his revenge

22 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'll up the antie. Slime Garron's chapter

At least Ryoma will patiently wait 25 turns for his revenge

Is it really that bad? Because I honestly feel it’s easier than the equivalent chapter in Birthright... At least Zurg gets this song though: