Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

15 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Good luck with the next chapter. You WILL need it.

Hopefully, it all goes well

11 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Yep yep, Siegbert is my boy ^^

Goodie

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Agree to disagree?

Well, thankfully no 3rd gen to show just how expert they are.

I did not think Odin of all people would prove to be the retainer MVP.

Going for 25 in all his non-magical stats?

Man I wish she were better at foddering.

Wait, Odin's not his retainer!

Well, that's on IS showing it when it misses.

It's how he level grinds for Treason of course.

But Garon loves senseless violence.

That makes too much sense.

Sure

No 3rd Gen Kana this LP

If only he was this good in Heroes

Not a bad starting point

At least we have Sothe now

Odin is so awesome, the sword hand is contagious.

I don't remember it doing that in the Tellius games, but maybe it did.

Cheater, why does he get to grind, when we can't?  It would be interesting, if we could capture units to grind on them later.

He might actually be proud of Xander for killing his subordinates.  I'm surprised he hasn't heard about Zola.  Or maybe he did and just didn't care.

9 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

Rezzy, your logic is flawed here. You're assuming that Fates makes sense. A critical mistake.

Also, good job on taking down Hana! That didn't look like an easy task, yet you managed it without casualties.

How did Izana get to Rezzi's castle? Why is he only joining now? Why is he violating his own country's neutrality (I thought Izana was the only person in the game who understood the concept of neutrality)? Why is only he joining the war and not the rest of Izumo?

So many questions, so few answers.

I'll fight you over him.

Ah, mia culpa

Thanks, I was hoping for a Crit or Draconic Fang to take out Hana with Rezzi, but Draconic Hex weakened her enough to make her manageable.

Wouldn't it make the most sense for Izana to actually join us in Revelations?  The leader of a neutral nation would be a logical ally when we're specifically refusing to join one side or the other.  Maybe all of Izana's soldiers were killed when Zola took over.

I'm sure Siegbert wouldn't mind being multiple people's boys.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

*mea

It’s Latin, not Italian.

Mea culpa on my mia culpa

I only speak 1.75 languages

Edited by Rezzy

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Shouldn’t you know some Latin, being a doctor?

Some but not that much

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wait 1.75?

whats the .75?

0.5 German and 0.25 French.  I knew enough to be able to get by with people in their native language when I visited Europe, but that was over a decade ago, and lack of use has probably made my little ability pretty bad by now.

2 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...you monster...

Don't blame me, it was the Vallites! or possibly Xander

...The next unit you lose is going to take lethal damage within the margin of survival for -3 damage per hit on [Lily's Grace].

And you will know her wrathful spirit upon you.

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

...The next unit you lose is going to take lethal damage within the margin of survival for -3 damage per hit on [Lily's Grace].

And you will know her wrathful spirit upon you.

Come to think of it, I think that's been the case with most of my deaths.

15 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Good job bum-rushing Hana btw. thats where having a general with Wary Fighter would let you play conservatively, bait her out,  and not fuck around with shaky hit rates

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Hana is scary.

You two are too late - she already dealt with that.

27 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Good job bum-rushing Hana btw. thats where having a general with Wary Fighter would let you play conservatively, bait her out,  and not fuck around with shaky hit rates

Thanks, gotta work with the tools we have.

17 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Hana is scary.

Rezzi fears no one.  She grew up under Daddy Garon.

11 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

You two are too late - she already dealt with that.

I think they knew.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think they knew.

Well, you better focus up - you have the deathtrap that is the Great Wall of Oboro to deal with, and the Hax Master - how will you deal with Takumi and his power level, crit chance and two procs???

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

She learned from the best.

Everything for Daddy

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, you better focus up - you have the deathtrap that is the Great Wall of Oboro to deal with, and the Hax Master - how will you deal with Takumi and his power level, crit chance and two procs???

Once I go through the story portion, I'll have to take a closer look at the map and form my strategy.  I know that I'll try to get Rallyman next chapter.  I might have to switch Rezzi back to Nohr Noble, if I want to utilize Draconic Hex again.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Once I go through the story portion, I'll have to take a closer look at the map and form my strategy.  I know that I'll try to get Rallyman next chapter.  I might have to switch Rezzi back to Nohr Noble, if I want to utilize Draconic Hex again.

I'll warn you - Lunge will be the bane of your existence. Choose poorly, and you get lunged into a vulnerable position, where you die. Painfully.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'll warn you - Lunge will be the bane of your existence. Choose poorly, and you get lunged into a vulnerable position, where you die. Painfully.

Yeah, I really hate that skill.  On my units, it's not that good, because it breaks up my formation, but the computer doesn't care about losing units, so they can use it to really mess with you.

Chapter 23 is in my opinion the chapter with best recruitable prisoner units.  Everyone already knows about Rallyman, but there are so many more others worth getting.  These were the six I caught on my prisoner run (I caught Rallyman on my first Lunatic).  I'll group them together by location for easy reference:

Welcoming Committee

Spear Master AND Basara with Lunge, Duelist Blow - Decent PP attackers that can breach formations and seal enemies with Javelin/Tomes

Hinata's Squad

(Amaterasu Brother #1) Spear Master w/ Amaterasu, Rally Luck, Rally Magic, Rally Res - Rally Man who? Works great with mages and low Res units.  Healing utility just in case you weren't impressed with the rallies.

(Amaterasu Brother #2) Spear Master w/ Amaterasu, Rally Strength, Rally Skill, Rally Speed - Same as above but with better rallies IMO.  If only we had a Spear Master with Rally Defense . . . wait . . .

Spear Master w/ Quick Draw, Seal Defense, Duelist Blow - Solid PP skills that stack well with Lancefaire. Seals the crap out of anyone he doesn't kill

Sniper w/ Life and Death -  Finally a unit that can use LD!  +19 Damage after 4 Level-Ups?  Yes Please!

Wall Guards

Basara w/ Armored Blow - Pretty versatile guy that can now deal with all types of baddies

Good Luck On Chapter 23!

@CA Valkyrie Before you go overboard fantasizing over the captures, I would remind you this is still an ironman run... and with this being Lunatic, I would imagine she's much better off leaving Hinata's squadron alone.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

13 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Chapter 23 is in my opinion the chapter with best recruitable prisoner units.  Everyone already knows about Rallyman, but there are so many more others worth getting.  These were the six I caught on my prisoner run (I caught Rallyman on my first Lunatic).  I'll group them together by location for easy reference:

Welcoming Committee

Spear Master AND Basara with Lunge, Duelist Blow - Decent PP attackers that can breach formations and seal enemies with Javelin/Tomes

Hinata's Squad

(Amaterasu Brother #1) Spear Master w/ Amaterasu, Rally Luck, Rally Magic, Rally Res - Rally Man who? Works great with mages and low Res units.  Healing utility just in case you weren't impressed with the rallies.

(Amaterasu Brother #2) Spear Master w/ Amaterasu, Rally Strength, Rally Skill, Rally Speed - Same as above but with better rallies IMO.  If only we had a Spear Master with Rally Defense . . . wait . . .

Spear Master w/ Quick Draw, Seal Defense, Duelist Blow - Solid PP skills that stack well with Lancefaire. Seals the crap out of anyone he doesn't kill

Sniper w/ Life and Death -  Finally a unit that can use LD!  +19 Damage after 4 Level-Ups?  Yes Please!

Wall Guards

Basara w/ Armored Blow - Pretty versatile guy that can now deal with all types of baddies

Good Luck On Chapter 23!

Hey, cool, nice to see you here again.  I'll definitely be going for Rally Man, and it would be nice to have some options should worse come to worst for casualties.

9 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

@CA Valkyrie Before you go overboard fantasizing over the captures, I would remind you this is still an ironman run... and with this being Lunatic, I would imagine she's much better off leaving Hinata's squadron alone.

I'll have to check where reinforcements come from and such, but I think I'll ignore that part of the map, at least at first.  If I manage to do well enough and it looks like I can approach Hinata, I might try to go in for more XP and captives, but I won't risk it if it looks suicidal.

I might try playing some this evening, if I have time.

47 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll have to check where reinforcements come from and such, but I think I'll ignore that part of the map, at least at first.  If I manage to do well enough and it looks like I can approach Hinata, I might try to go in for more XP and captives, but I won't risk it if it looks suicidal.

Suicidal, it is! I dunno about you, but press my luck against enemies that are gonna have rallied stats with a Life and Death Sniper among them, I wouldn't!

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Suicidal, it is! I dunno about you, but press my luck against enemies that are gonna have rallied stats with a Life and Death Sniper among them, I wouldn't!

I would pretty much have to be able to Blitzkrieg them on Player Phase and possibly Seize before they had a chance to Enemy Phase me, if I try them at all.

We join our Heroes talking about how Daddy Garon is the epitome of a role model.

PsY5agy.jpg

And Percy is looking to breed a third generation of super soldiers.

OElce2W.jpg

We then approach the Great Wall of Hoshido.

Zcdgboi.jpgtU6WUUQ.jpg5ReQhNf.jpg

But not lucky enough to let Hans keep Hana.

xeEclg6.jpg

Yes, don't cross Xander, or he will mess you up.

j5HJaUY.jpg

Elise, the friendly ghost.  Or maybe that's why Sakura has been so terrified lately.

KAp3d4h.jpg

And Garon's men have zero grasp of the value of high ranking hostages.

734b6Hd.jpg

Except Hana.  We can leave her unguarded, as a sort of canary in the coal mine to warn us if Hans is getting killy with the prisoners again.

k0VXp4t.jpg

Yeah, we're actually successful.  As Birthright shows, if Iago is left in charge, they never even cross back into Hoshidan territory after Corrin sides against them.

UJ86hfw.jpg

Do I have permission to bring all my units?  Being limited to 15 is cramping my style.

f5UzPtQ.jpg

Shouldn't be too tough.  I've already beaten him twice, not counting the time I rescued him from being captured by a third party.

0N4SIs8.jpg

There's not a limit to how many hostages we can take, you know.  Even if you're an evil villain, take both of the alive, so you can kill one later if they don't give into your demands the first time.

nIGyXTw.jpg

Can I just kill Iago now and say a stray arrow hit him?

Qr6n8z1.jpg

At least Garon has the excuse of being a slime monster, and Hans just likes killing in general, rather than making us cry.  What is your excuse Iago?