Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think so.

No time for mourning.  The endless No-XP squad still marches towards us.

My death total now sits at 5.

Silas

Mozu

Nyx

Beruka

Elise

Silas, Mozu, and Elise got swarmed and/or had a flood of enemies break through.  Mozu died due to a surprise skill, and Beruka died from the dreaded 1% crit.  Of those, only Mozu's do I "regret", since it was the only one that was truly preventable.

Well... You weren't entirely off the mark. In case you don't know... Ethlyn thought to bring her infant daughter with her to a battlefield (if you can even call that "thinking", that is... Which I cannot). Her husband Quan does not realise this until it was too late.

I'd say that losing Elise is the one that hurts the most since that means you no longer have her amazing personal skill around to help, which means things just got a lot harder.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No time for tears.  We still have a problem at hand.  If we don't push forward, we'll get overwhelmed.

awES0q3.jpgUSGT3We.jpgxtk8VdY.jpgwyzI44t.jpg

Leo wants revenge against the dastards that killed his sister.

o8Qdpeo.jpgAPvEWJ4.jpg

I always want to call this spell Calamity Gale.

U30OBN6.jpg

Camilla seems to either do great damage, or next to nothing.

dW3xnLv.jpg0KlEyzt.jpg

Finally, a timely crit.  Time to waste a Shield Gauge.

qQ8zSA4.jpgtZlc23N.jpg

Let's finally close this hole draining the pus of evilness upon us.

Tv3cfu6.jpgLJXMTrM.jpgePZCYeF.jpgYqXky96.jpgS1Oy3Tn.jpgPme18fb.jpg

And let after this, just one Dragon Vein left, I believe.  Trying to control the enemies here is like trying to control the bleeding on a patient who hasn't stopped taking their Coumadin before surgery.

QMPkwtm.jpg

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well... You weren't entirely off the mark. In case you don't know... Ethlyn thought to bring her infant daughter with her to a battlefield (if you can even call that "thinking", that is... Which I cannot). Her husband Quan does not realise this until it was too late.

I'd say that losing Elise is the one that hurts the most since that means you no longer have her amazing personal skill around to help, which means things just got a lot harder.

Yep, that's the thing I was alluding to.

Yeah, losing Elise hurts.  She's been one of my best units, but she was really starting to feel that low Skill.

Xander is going on a rampage after seeing Elise go down.

gKiw8J1.jpgIpxhrJ8.jpg34PQpG3.jpg

Just a few more enemies...

X0ZruG0.jpgAG5NYzL.jpg2PtHcFn.jpg

Oh, hey it's another enemy that gives XP.  Decent level, but no Speed again.  Not terrible Speed, but would expect higher with a Speed Boon.

uWqPpBm.jpgGNq3QW4.jpgAKj1cwt.jpgaRQoj4L.jpg

Well, free Partner Seal.  I'll have to think of someone who could benefit from it.

dyTRf2U.jpgfZ4Z6Wb.jpg

Just a few more...

Y3k6gVG.jpgcwvhhKd.jpg

Finally!  That's the last one.  Now to just mop up the last few.  I wonder how many levels we would have gotten if these guys actually gave XP.

ByUsoBh.jpgJ4d4UKB.jpg

Finally!

aBqsWwr.jpg

He had to reach level 20 somehow.

EpZUerK.jpg

Well, your Strength and Speed seem a bit lower than I would have liked, but we just had a roster spot open up.

xTwUBsx.jpgKBG1vPl.jpg

Hopefully better than you defended Elise's

Siegbert's Paralogue Complete!

Deaths: Elise

New Units: Siegbert

Before we finish out, Siegbert will switch to Paladin, now that he's gotten Luna.

j3HBBnQ.jpgozfD3p1.jpg

Well, now to decide what Skill to give over to Siegbert.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

So long, sweet cinnamon roll, you were too good for this world.  I thought Elise was supposed to survive in Conquest.  I guess she got too close to Xander's good level-up.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

ELISE NOOOOO!!! ;_;

welp

welp

whinny

;____;

@DefaultBeep

She's actually just crippled for life

also it would be nice to have a list of forged weapons and what they are

I haven't been reading this in a while. You recruited best boi! I may or may not have married him on my  first Conquest run. Also Elise nooo. She was so young....

16 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I haven't been reading this in a while. You recruited best boi! I may or may not have married him on my  first Conquest run. Also Elise nooo. She was so young....

Who are you calling best boi? Also, I've seen youngsters hold their own on the battlefield - Sakura, Elise, Agitha, Midori, I could go on. But seeing Elise get defeated like this suxxorz.

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Who are you calling best boi? Also, I've seen youngsters hold their own on the battlefield - Sakura, Elise, Agitha, Midori, I could go on. But seeing Elise get defeated like this suxxorz.

Probably seigbert since that paralouge was just finished 

13 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Siegbert :3

9 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

ELISE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A shame she had to go, but I suppose your luck couldn't last forever.

Yeah, at least Dwyer will carry her memory on for us.

7 hours ago, Pengaius said:

She's actually just crippled for life

also it would be nice to have a list of forged weapons and what they are

I wish they went the PoR route and changed the dialogue around to reflect the deaths of characters.

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

NOOOOO ELISE MY 3rd FAVORITE ROYAL!!

also my elise got SUPER skill blessed 

That reminds me of when my Gonzales maxed Skill.

30 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Nice to see you back!  Which best boi?  At least Elise was technically an adult.

15 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

It seems that the younger they are, the more OP they can be.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nice to see you back!  Which best boi?  At least Elise was technically an adult.

Siegbert haha. I've been finding out that unlike a lot of other people, I actually find Siegbert very handsome.

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

You know, I've always wondered why they bother with modifying magic growth on no magic units

_____

Anyways rest in pepperoni our little Cinabon Elise.

Maybe if you class change them or have them sire a magical child.  I liked the GBA games where Strength and Magic were separated, though.

@Pengaius

Here's my forges so far, in no particular order.

Storm of Thor (Thunder +3)

Third Place (Bronze Axe +1)

Iron Lance +1

Stripper Pole (Bronze Naganata +1)

Horse Spirit +1

RoundTableLeg (Bronze Lance +2)

Beruka's Axe +2

Weasley (Iron Axe +2)

Drac Snackage (Nosferatu +1)

Nohrian Blade +2

Goblet of Fire (Fire +2)

Blessed Lance +1

Surtr (Ember +1)

Honest Abe (Iron Axe +2)

Javelin +1

PityBreaker (Iron Sword +1)

Colorless Hell (Bronze Dagger +2)

Resting B Face (Iron Sword +2)

Moldy Onions! (Thunder +2)

Brave Lightning (Lightning +1)

Montoya (Levin Sword +1)

Laslow's Blade +1

Scalpel (Iron Dagger +2)

Hand Axe +1

Berserker's Axe +1

Bone Axe +1

Dual Club +1

Killier Bow (Killer Bow +1)

Shinier Bow (Shining Bow +1)

Ironer Bow (Iron Bow +1)

Flame Shuriken +1

Bronze Sword +1

Steel Lance +1

MoonbowFoddr (Moonlight +2)

9 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Siegbert haha. I've been finding out that unlike a lot of other people, I actually find Siegbert very handsome.

He's not too bad looking, if a bit young.

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wow, that must have been a fun FE6 run

Yep, and it was a Hard Mode, so he may have gotten a slight bump from that.

Well... all I can say is that the next battle might suck that much more now that Elise is gone. Especially with you having to deal with constant debuffs from launchers.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

17 hours ago, Rezzy said:

So long, sweet cinnamon roll, you were too good for this world.  I thought Elise was supposed to survive in Conquest.  I guess she got too close to Xander's good level-up.

Well, that's best sibling dead.

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Elise shouldn't have gotten between Xander and the enemy.

Honestly there should be a rule banning Seigfried being anywhere near Elise, it seems to just be cursed.

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Xander is going on a rampage after seeing Elise go down.

"DAMM YOU KILLSTEALING-"

I'll stop. Shame she's dead, but nothing to be done now except see if the other little sister will want to listen.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:37 AM, Rezzy said:

And the first wave of reinforcements arrives.  They have a skill which is basically a big F-U to those trying to grind.  I imagine Iago went out of his way to put this "Skill" onto his minions.  He's probably back at the castle laughing his oily backside off about how much suffering he will inflict on Rezzi by depriving her of XP.  This man is evil.

This is truly the most evil skill in the game.  

On 6/24/2018 at 2:02 PM, Rezzy said:

I like Lilith and this death almost wins the most pointlessly random death in Fates award, only being beaten out by Izana in Revelations.

qbHw5tZ.jpg

Thank you for waiting there so patiently while we had this tender moment, Mr Faceless.

I agree so much.  After Izana died I was like... WHAT, did that seriously just happen... ?

Also, hahaha.  Good guy Faceless.  Just waiting patiently and GRAWRing.  :lol:

On 6/30/2018 at 1:23 PM, Rezzy said:

She gets money, and he gets to work on his Lance rank.

I think these random character dialogues don't change depending on how it is, but seeing this exchange between Jakob and Dwyer is both hilarious and sad.

dB8qpWt.jpg

Heh heh, lance rank.  I love it. ;]

Also, that screenshot is amazing.  Wow.

On 6/30/2018 at 5:49 PM, Rezzy said:

These hit rates are reminding me why I like the Skill stat so much.

Yes, yes yes!  Me too.  I love units with high skill.  Seeing a 100% hit rate all the time is so nice and reassuring~!  Makes me like Laslow even more, hee hee.  :wub:

---

RIP sweet Elise.

Wow, you're doing SO well, though.  Very impressed. 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:18 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well... all I can say is that the next battle might suck that much more now that Elise is gone. Especially with you having to deal with constant debuffs from launchers.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:49 PM, Dayni said:

Well, that's best sibling dead.

Honestly there should be a rule banning Seigfried being anywhere near Elise, it seems to just be cursed.

"DAMM YOU KILLSTEALING-"

I'll stop. Shame she's dead, but nothing to be done now except see if the other little sister will want to listen.

Best Sibling?  But Leo's still alive...

Xander really could have used that XP, too.

Funny you should say that...

On 7/2/2018 at 1:13 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

This is truly the most evil skill in the game.  

I agree so much.  After Izana died I was like... WHAT, did that seriously just happen... ?

Also, hahaha.  Good guy Faceless.  Just waiting patiently and GRAWRing.  :lol:

Heh heh, lance rank.  I love it. ;]

Also, that screenshot is amazing.  Wow.

Yes, yes yes!  Me too.  I love units with high skill.  Seeing a 100% hit rate all the time is so nice and reassuring~!  Makes me like Laslow even more, hee hee.  :wub:

---

RIP sweet Elise.

Wow, you're doing SO well, though.  Very impressed. 

They really take the "no grinding" to the extreme in Conquest.

Maybe Izana faked his own death.  He was so nonchalant about it.

I didn't realize how high Laslow's skill growth was.  This is the first time I've really used him in Fates.  In my first Conquest run, my team was pretty much set by the time I got him, and he comes even later in Rev.

We shall carry on in Elise's name.  Xander isn't losing a sister, he's gaining a son.

Thanks!

Before we tackle the next chapter, we need to give Siegbert an heroic sounding weapon, worthy of his father's reputation.

YSfmozO.jpg

We approach Fort Sakura.

IXgagAM.jpg

If my army knows anything, it's how to impregnate soldiers.

5A7ldz5.jpg

How is that any different than every other chapter we've beaten so far?  I think we've gone up against people we already knew more often than not.

ibcGkcw.jpg

This honestly carries a lot more weight after just having lost Elise.

73FNQsB.jpg

You can stop pretending, if you really wanted peace, we could have achieved it by now.

6WawHkl.jpg

There is no higher purpose than Azura's petty revenge and Rezzi's pleasing Daddy Garon.

hy9tgGt.jpg

Yukimura shows he's one of the few sane strategists in this story, but much like if you give a stray cat food, she'll come to expect it.  So Sakura will just expect to be released if she's defeated in combat.

NJgPeS6.jpg

And this is what happened when a 14 year old is left in charge.

And I will leave you with a drawing of Yukimura, who I think is one of my best drawings.

qnkLyQo.png?1

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

And this is what happened when a 14 year old is left in charge.

I headcanon Sakura’s age as 15. Huge difference.
Elise can be 14 though.

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Time to advance and be mechanized...

Resistance is Futile (50% of it, if you have Luna)

For this map, we're going to try to get most of our units that are starting to fall behind in level a bit.  In the event of a death or two, we don't want our replacements to be too far behind.

XzX5w8T.jpg

@Julius Nepos The Hoshidans don't seem to know how to fort here.  Wouldn't it be better to have your troops inside your fortifications and barrage us with their ranged weapons?  Having the launchers set up on their front lawn doesn't make much sense,

We have to split our forces here, and we'll start by trying to bait some of these guys through the walls.

gmQSxVB.jpgviMvOBA.jpg

My policy of Dancing every turn, even if I don't really need to gets Azura a decent level-up since her defensive stats are all I care about.  Sadly 26 HP is her total after getting an Angelic Robe.

And now we wait.  There are Dragon Veins we can activate, but we want to thin out the enemy before charging in here.

n7fx0KV.jpghxhI4U5.jpg7ZXNPzV.jpgWBV9eEq.jpgfEpFxZ9.jpg

An okay level for Selena.  Getting XP at all is a nice change after the ubiquitous Void Curse of last map.

Now we can try to finish off the first group.

ArdOcFK.jpgZSTHPBm.jpg

Now there's the Odin we've come to know and love!

vjmmfoP.jpg

Hmm, Arthur's initial RNG blessing seems to have petered out.  For some reason, so of these enemies can be baited, and some won't move from their spots, which makes planning here a bit difficult.

ekqPSmG.jpgM5iO3TF.jpg

Watching father and son engage in Garon's favorite pass time is so cute.

r2w5myG.jpgpyOchAw.jpgFxUlU8C.jpg

Time to lower the first levee.  I'm not sure what purpose these Dragon Veins serve to the Hoshidans.

o9Eum0Z.jpg