Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really read that game.  I also rarely ever compare to games not currently ongoing.

I'm a prime example of someone who 'attempts' to at least change their play style on a game by game basis.

Like in champs over on MU I literally lurked and just minor posted throughout the game.  I had more posts in this games first day phase than I did throughout all of the champs game I played in.

22 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

lol pot calling the kettle african american?

1 im sorry i didnt realize youve regressed in play and are in need of spoonfeeding. do you honestly need to be explicitly told that reads are not things that are necessarily set in stone and that can change? so because you dont pay attention to peoples reasons for reading people when they have a read you disagree with, ill reiterate them: in a gross generalization, i thought his questioneering felt disingenuous and that there was no umph to his playing, no discourse his questioning followed, that they led to dead ends. is that familiar? because you actually said that that was his scum meta for when he would try playing his scum game, and that hed fall apart. do you really think id take 4-5 hrs of gameplay and ride it until the end of the Day? did you not have any sort of thought that i may be interested in how things would come after they

2. bro you seem incapable of depth this game. did your play regress in the past couple of years or are you scum?

3. clearly the truth isnt evident because there are a group of people who can see through your bullshit. the meta youre presenting is definitely not corroborated by anybody whos said they have meta history with am though so theres that. aside from that itd be a mistake to try and play the wifom for "why you ignored am" but its easy af to fill in the details for that posthumously so w.e. thats up to the people to decide whether to buy what youre selling here

4 + 5. bro look at my meta since apparently thats the crux of arguments. according to the lady herself, i NEVER get a proper initial read on elemina. i dont really expect you to remember that but i do expect you to accept that when its presented so its a bit of a moot point, but again, just look at how you describe ran's scum meta. is that not what i was interpreting when i was making the elemina push, what you describe as her scum meta, especially with 4 hrs into the game? is eleminas scum game actually so trash that she cant hold a front for four hours (serious question)?

1. Lmao. It's cool bro. Listen. I've never misread Ran. Most of the people on SWF haven't either. I get that you're presenting a scenario where you had your reasons. I'm pushing another one where Elemina is such a self-resolving slot and an easy read, ESPECIALLY for SWFers, that pushing him on D1 is just kinda dumb because he'll be so obvious sooner rather than later.

2. My reads have had depth I'd say. I'm probably not as good as I used to be though; I just started playing again back in like March/April after almost a year off so am still working on getting my tells back.

3. That's fine. AM and I have several publicly available turbos on MU. It's obvious that if I invited her to this game, then of course she'd expect me to talk to her here.

4/5. Ran's scum game is pretty damn trash. I have never seen him make it past a few Day phases. That said, I have said that I could/can see a world where you were pushing him. Actually thinking more about it, I can see why you, as a villager, would want to push someone you were familiar with after all. I see both sides.

I'm a villager. If you're a villager, this is a misunderstanding that arose out of both of us having different expectations of each other that ultimately weren't true. I want to drop it and move on. I don't want to lynch today anyway. All I'd ask is that you'd try to look at it from my point of view where I see you pushing the easiest read I'd expect you to make, and the fact that I was wrestling with making a decision on your alignment to the point where I wagoned someone else.

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I haven't really read that game.  I also rarely ever compare to games not currently ongoing.

I'm a prime example of someone who 'attempts' to at least change their play style on a game by game basis.

Like in champs over on MU I literally lurked and just minor posted throughout the game.  I had more posts in this games first day phase than I did throughout all of the champs game I played in.

Bro I read you V while spectating that game don't be too impressed with yourself lol.

Naana's a bad play man. Join the village dude. Talk to me about Marth/SB.

Just now, Omega. said:

Bro I read you V while spectating that game don't be too impressed with yourself lol.

Naana's a bad play man. Join the village dude. Talk to me about Marth/SB.

Marth's town though?

And I didn't mean to sound impressing.  Just stating that meta can easily change depending on the player if they wanted to.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Marth's town though?

And I didn't mean to sound impressing.  Just stating that meta can easily change depending on the player if they wanted to.

You like Marth's content to the point you're leaning villager on him is what you're saying in that first line? What do you think of his case on SB? SB's a big question mark for me this game.

Day 2: Automated Votals from #3074 to #3086

Omega. (4): Alpha Male, Donald Trump, Shinori, Shattiel
Ichigo (3): weinerboy, LaserGuy, JohnCarter
Magnificence Incarnate (2): dyachei, Ichigo
weinerboy (2): Refa, Omega.
Naana (1): Red Ryu
Red Ryu (1): Naana
Not voting (8): Elemina, EvanManManMan, Magnificence Incarnate, manti, Mello, Orihime, Ryanyb, SB.

Phase ends in 45h1m. Hammer at 14.

<Beta v2.0.2>

1 hour ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I know you told me to respond to Sb's case on me but he hasn't openly challenged any of my reads in the catch up post.  Just said that he couldn't follow any of my reads, that's not something to respond to.  If you have a specific post that I need to respond to then quote it. 

I don't want to lynch omega mostly because I'm familiar with his thought process but some of the things he has done this game check out with his town  meta of taking stances,  like the way he treats gorf and I. I've talked to him outside of the game about his style outside of sf and its not a surprise to me that he's playing differently from how he usually plays on sf.

I wouldn't vote naana today because he was presented as a counter wagon to midwife, but his actions in he thread reek of scum intent, people who are defending him really need to explain why they're coming from town instead of scum because tring him without an explanation gives you a pass on your reads.

I wouldn't lynch Refa ever because I don't see scum hopping on the midwife train after the slip and then backing off 1 hour before deadline to start a counterwagon. Why would scum ever do this apart from WIFOM? 

Sb is scum imo. Basically my issue is that he avoids having much of a say on naana /midwife,  town reads both of them, has problems with the way Dya approaches her read on naana, but votes omega because he's not playing to his usual meta?  Also case on me is bad because he never directly addresses any of my reads but says that he can't follow my reads. Gorf is one of my biggest points into the game yet he never takes a stance on my gorf case.  It takes midwife slipping for him to vote them so this really feels like scum just taking the backseat while avoiding anything to do with midwife. 

Ichigo is scummy for similar reasons as he tried to push omega and I opposed to the midwife wagon with very little reasoning but I'm more confident in my Sb read ATM. 

For scum on the naana wagon I'd pick shatiel and red ryu as most likely wolves but I haven't seen a lot from them to have anything concrete. In shatiel's case he tried the omega turbo earlier so that's a point against him. 

I'm feeling confident in one or two scum bussing midwife early on given that few people really opposed a midwife lynch but I'm going to hold those to myself until later in the phase,  I want to see more from the midwife voters. 

Can someone give me a tldr on the reads on Evan?  I haven't felt like anything of his play screams town but give me some meta on the guy. 

I'm still trying the omega thing

If you think Naana is scummy then vote him pussy a counter wagon to a scum isn't locktown

1 hour ago, Omega. said:

Gorf, I voted you because you deserved it. You were shitting on Ran. It was unbelievably bad, and I make no apologies for it. If you want me to leave you alone don't push obvious villagers fool.

The other person I pushed was Marth. That was fine. I never pushed SB or Refa. I engaged with them both, but never called either a wolf. As for Marth not being here, so the fuck what? Not my problem dude. By that logic, let's just bring Marth to LYLO if he's going to lowpost. I don't care how active someone is; if I have a problem with their posting I'ma swag on 'em.

As for AM, I did ignore her. Who gives a fuck if AM was a wolf here? She never goes deep. She never fools anyone for a long period of time. If she's a wolf, she probably just outs herself and we can worry about that shit later. I was worrying about wolves who push obvious villagers (like you pushing Ran, though I'm kind of leaning villager on you now) or whatever. Yes, misreading Ran is trash. Why won't you acknowledge this Gorf? Why won't you acknowledge that we have played with Ran over the course of fucking years and the fact that he is NEVER mislynched on SWF. Like dude, it's not hard to follow why I'd take issue with that at all.

2 hours ago, Naana said:

holy tits I posted twice without thinking and got ninjad by multiple walls.  This is unironically a good game.

2 hours ago, Naana said:

woah shinori stopped tunneling the freest town thinker onto the second most free one.  That's cool with me.

Naana obviously got problems with his posting whu are you ignoring him?

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

Yo seriously real quick.

Naana wasn't a counter wagon.

The ENTIRE NAANA WAGON WAS BASED BEHIND MY PUSH.

Followed by Shat, JC, and Elemina.

We 4 people were the main people pushing Naana all day day 1.  There were a couple of random hop ons near EoD but I do not classify that as a counter wagon.

Especially since it was all still based on our arguments.  The only way it's made as a counterwagon to save AM is if one or 2 of the 4 people listed up above are scum.  Otherwise the Naana wagon would never have even started.

I didn't follow you though :P

mine was meta

34 minutes ago, Omega. said:

You know what's funny? I got people like Shinori, Alpha Male, Shatt, etc. reading me wolf for playing differently.

Then I have people like Marth and LaserGuy reading me villager for playing differently.

Top lols.

Your pushes isn't YOLO

5 hours ago, Refa said:

Yeah.  If someone bussed, it was after the first three votes is what I'm saying.  I think scum only votes AM after decent town interest is shown on that slot.

Can you explain why Ryanb looks good?  I don't remember shit about them haha.

Can you ISO?  Read his second catchup post, that felt very scummy to me at the time.

Can you explain your Shattiel read?

Ryan made a decent effort replacing in, landed squarely on scum wagon. It was 5 votes Naana, 4 votes MI, 3 votes AMW when Ryan put the vote on AMW. Unlikely timing for a bus vote.

Shattiel looks wolfiest on the Naana wagon and was pushing it pretty hard.