SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

I no longer have interest in lynching Marth. I really like the stuff on top of this page (page 32 in case this post appears on 33). Esp his KTS case looks original and his Cam thoughts look good.

I'd be down to vote Weinerboy, his stuff has been pretty mediocre/bad overall imo. Too busy rn to give details/examples, will do so later tonight. I'd consider Iris, but my own conversation with her was pretty uneventful, what is it that people dislike there? Marth's KTS case is interesting, I'd like to see how that develops and I still feel Cam lacks oomph in his posts/cases.

I therefore approve of wagons on Elie>Weiner>Cam>(KTS/Iris)?

Dya is a bad wagon, I'm following my townleads on ignoring Eclipse and Hitmonleet is just a lurker. 

14 hours ago, Omega. said:

What's a hijacker do? Athena what did you do last night? @Athena_57

Choose two people, the first targets the second with all their actions. Not answering the second question in public.

13 hours ago, Omega. said:

Didn't athena claim roleblocked N1 and that he was going to comparison cop two people?

Did anyone else claim roleblocked N1?

Yes

No (apart from the silencer roleblock) iirc

Why the fuck would wolves roleblock athena N1 after he got wagoned?

We've been over this already in public chat when we were discussing whether I/Refa was going to be the lynch. I was a prime lynch option from Brooklyn at EoD1, then all of a sudden I wasn't deemed a viable lynch. I assume this gave scum a PR read on me. Why do you think they wouldn't block me?

The 3 people wagoned D1 were Elie, Marth, and athena.

I don't believe athena is spewed. Last game, wolves tried to bus athena, they died first, then we had people hard defending athena until like day fucking 6 because terrible spew analysis.

I think there's a decent chance a wolf was wagoned D1. That, or we are just playing badly and wagoned nothing but villagers D1. I choose to think we aren't too horrendous this game, therefore we probably were about to dunk a wolf D1.

I also had a [1 wolf in athena/dyachei/eclipse] circle earlier and I usually do better when I say to hell with everybody else's opinions and YOLO my way thru games.

So I'm going to do that and vote with Kill. EOD is 8PM EST tomorrow in case anybody wants to do a clusterfuck CFD. If someone has a better case tag me but I'm ready to dunk on athena and call it a day.

##Vote: athena

I (was) bussed once, so interactions forever don't count. Seems legit. Do you have an actual case or are you just picking me out of the bunch you mentioned for no real reason?

12 hours ago, Omega. said:

Why do you believe athena and Weapons must be teamed? FWIW, Weapons will be resolved soon due to his poison.

I was thinking about it and athena being roleblocked doesn't make any damn sense. If a villager did it, why would TLs greenlight a plan that involves the comparison cop being roleblocked? If a villa roleblocker was just going rogue and roleblocked him without consulting the TLs, that's poor play and I'd hope they would tell TLs about such an important power.

And then, I don't get why wolves would roleblock him either. He was wagoned. So unless one of them just had a sick read on athena being specifically cop, I don't get why they'd do that.....

In conclusion: wtf. Maybe athena is just lying altogether.

Mentioned why scum would block me above, but RE: lying, this was discussed in public chat as well. Me lying would be dumb here, since

- This is easily fakable
- If I really wanted to deny info and was going to lie about this, it's easier to give fake results. Yes, this will result in my lynch at some point, but so does a faked roleblock. This is probably found out later than that too.
- I could've claimed only the other two abilities / a fakeble third if I was too much of a pussy to do either of the above.

Finally, if I wasn't blocked by Refa N1, who was? We haven't had someone else claim blocked.

5 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I would rather lynch Athena over Eli because Athena feels more like he's playing to his scum meta where he hops on opportunistic wagons.

What? I looked back at my scum games and all I saw was tunneling. Me jumping from wagon to wagon was very rare there apart from early day 1 maybe. What are you basing this on?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getGood morning people! Marth posted a bit overnight and I don't have time to make a read out of that, but it does give me some head-scratching to do. 

Also I didn't say I didn't want an Athena lynch because I thought they were town or because their role was good, I just feel like Elie and Marth are scummier. But Athena would be good for info perhaps. I just get the feeling that since Athena is actually contributing a lot right now in the way of content that they still have a chance to show some townie behavior before lynch, while Elie and Dyachei seemed to be broken records and Marth was MIA. 

Thanks to Marth's posting last night, he's just a tiny bit less scummy IMO? But he's also more info-rich as a lynch target, so there's that. 

I'm really hoping SB gets a better read when he gets on. And I hope that's before deadline. 

The general shift of votes off of Elie feels like it could have scum behind it, and Athena switching off of Marth feels a little off to me, but I've got a lot of other stuff to take care of today, so I'm hoping SB can guide you all to a safe lynch.

46 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Hitmonleet is just a lurker. 

This was a bit harsher than I meant it, he isn't really a lurker when he's only been here for a day. What I wanted to say was that I wasn't interested in an inactive lynch at this stage.

3 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

you forgot to quote what i asked of you too athena

What was your question?

2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

what happened to snake in your POE, you were voting him before elie

That was a pressure vote, I don't want him lynched. (He's null, maybe slight townlean rn. I dunno, not a scumread in any case)

, I just feel like Elie and Marth are scummier.

as someone who has been partners with MI, him willingly giving information in the way he is makes me think he isn't the right vote. i dont agree with his kts case but the process of it seems pure

That was a pressure vote, I don't want him lynched. (He's null, maybe slight townlean rn. I dunno, not a scumread in any case)

i can't imagine he feels pressured. you didn't come to a conclusion wrt pressure

i asked you to elaborate your thoughts more on Elie in general. i've asked this for a lot of people actually

Ah, okay. I read you disagreed with this, but I dislike his tone. I've asked people on whether he talks this way usually, but no answer, so... Additionally, his Marth case felt overblown (mostly in retrospect/after reading over Marth's recent stuff). It felt more like a scum tunnel than a town tunnel because it didn't seem like a conf bias thing, but more a lock in on his first real scumread (happened when Marth's vote on Elie was disliked by the latter). I have to admit him hopping onto Eclipse is a good look after this, and I like his side of the argument better.

After writing this up I'm not completely sold on it, but overall I think the tone + Marth case are bad enough to outweigh the Eclipse thing and make him my top scumread.

i can't imagine he feels pressured. you didn't come to a conclusion wrt pressure

Perhaps, perhaps not. I hadn't heard from Snike in a long time, he wasn't posting in thread and I wanted to hear from him. At it's peak I think the wagon had 3 votes (don't quote me on this), he then posted and I moved on. I did not come to a conclusion, no, his content wasn't stellar, not awful, jost okay/goodish from what I recall. No need to stay there and nothing I felt like investigating or that gave me a strong indication.

3 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Ah, okay. I read you disagreed with this, but I dislike his tone. I've asked people on whether he talks this way usually, but no answer, so... Additionally, his Marth case felt overblown (mostly in retrospect/after reading over Marth's recent stuff). It felt more like a scum tunnel than a town tunnel because it didn't seem like a conf bias thing, but more a lock in on his first real scumread (happened when Marth's vote on Elie was disliked by the latter). I have to admit him hopping onto Eclipse is a good look after this, and I like his side of the argument better.

After writing this up I'm not completely sold on it, but overall I think the tone + Marth case are bad enough to outweigh the Eclipse thing and make him my top scumread.

i haven't looked too deeply on his marth case, nor do i really intend to. i will say however that i feel there's a lot of hypocrisy being made when it comes to elie i just dont understand. so far you and dya have both explained that it is very much based on tone while i disagree on that fact. you also say that elie is just 'locking onto his first real scumread' but the vibe i get from this day is that people are trying to string up loose ends on slots they didnt get around to solving when they should've; this isn't your first time voting elie based on what i ISO'd. maybe i should look at the refa wagon and see if there's something there but i imagine im missing a lot of conversation/input due to the OC factor. there's a lot of hedging from you though and im not sure why you would feel that need to if you're confident enough to vote him for the second or third time

7 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Perhaps, perhaps not. I hadn't heard from Snike in a long time, he wasn't posting in thread and I wanted to hear from him. At it's peak I think the wagon had 3 votes (don't quote me on this), he then posted and I moved on. I did not come to a conclusion, no, his content wasn't stellar, not awful, jost okay/goodish from what I recall. No need to stay there and nothing I felt like investigating or that gave me a strong indication.

snike didn't even respond to you iirc. looking at iso he posted 3 posts worth of content and then you decided to change your vote back to elie. what was your intention to pressure vote him anyways?

snike didn't even respond to you iirc. looking at iso he posted 3 posts worth of content and then you decided to change your vote back to elie. what was your intention to pressure vote him anyways?

He did respond tom me wrt the Dya thing (though he didn't quote/ping me specifically). I don't know what you really expect from me here, I wanted to await input from people on Elie's tone/style and wasn't sure there, didn't want my vote to do nothing so joined an existing pressure wagon. After him clarifying on how he felt about x-shots "disproving" his theory I liked him better. I also felt more certain on Elie at the time so went there.

1 minute ago, Athena_57 said:

He did respond tom me wrt the Dya thing (though he didn't quote/ping me specifically). I don't know what you really expect from me here, I wanted to await input from people on Elie's tone/style and wasn't sure there, didn't want my vote to do nothing so joined an existing pressure wagon. After him clarifying on how he felt about x-shots "disproving" his theory I liked him better. I also felt more certain on Elie at the time so went there.

who are you setting up in your mind to go next if elie is not it

who are you setting up in your mind to go next if elie is not it

I'm not particularly interested in pre-flip associatives and haven't thought about that yet. I feel EOD wagonomics are more interesting anyways. I wouldn't fault Marth in any case, despite some others appearing to treat it as a 1v1.

6 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

just humor me even if it doesn't mesh with how you go about things. you said you didnt like me therefore i want to understand how that matches up with elie

7 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

I guess I'd be harsher on Eclipse and would start ignoring my townreads trusting her

Additionally, I could channel my inner OMGUS and go for the people keeping themselves open to vote either Elie/me. Of the top of my head, that's mostly KTS/Omega, but I'd need to verify that.

32 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

i haven't looked too deeply on his marth case, nor do i really intend to. i will say however that i feel there's a lot of hypocrisy being made when it comes to elie i just dont understand. so far you and dya have both explained that it is very much based on tone while i disagree on that fact. you also say that elie is just 'locking onto his first real scumread' but the vibe i get from this day is that people are trying to string up loose ends on slots they didnt get around to solving when they should've; this isn't your first time voting elie based on what i ISO'd. maybe i should look at the refa wagon and see if there's something there but i imagine im missing a lot of conversation/input due to the OC factor. there's a lot of hedging from you though and im not sure why you would feel that need to if you're confident enough to vote him for the second or third time

it's not just tone. It's the content of the OC, which have been shared publicly by Elie - he was trying to get me to agree to a lynch of marth and when I didn't bite, he disappeared. That shows me he isn't trying to figure out alignments. i might be pushing yolo, but I'm talking about other people as well. Speaking of yolo, I'm lmao at sully thinking me pushing a wagon no one wants to join is wolfy. I've gone down this road before with fable in megafantastic on MU - no one believed me he was off and he turned out to be SK.

hi, i only have like 10-15 minutes before i have to finish packing for my trip so i'll try to catch up quick i guess.

7 minutes ago, dyachei said:

it's not just tone. It's the content of the OC, which have been shared publicly by Elie - he was trying to get me to agree to a lynch of marth and when I didn't bite, he disappeared. That shows me he isn't trying to figure out alignments. i might be pushing yolo, but I'm talking about other people as well. Speaking of yolo, I'm lmao at sully thinking me pushing a wagon no one wants to join is wolfy. I've gone down this road before with fable in megafantastic on MU - no one believed me he was off and he turned out to be SK.

Dya, it's not that your top scumread never changes, it's that you don't have any other scumreads. 

Tell me what you actually think about other players. There's a lot of reads getting bounced around right now but every time you show up you choose to focus on only one.