My Hero Academia Mafia - Game Over

SB.

13 hours ago, weinerboy said:

I don't know why you believe that honestly, why can't it just be distancing? Would make sense to me.

Well, it was mostly because I could see his scumteam being like "Let's use him as a way to add heat to town wagons and see how long he makes it" so they just told him to vote town!Corrobin and gave him a few reasons, after which he did, but said "from my conversations" and got himself killed. 

If it's distancing, what's the plan? To get Tuvy deep? To get scum!Corrobin deep? If I'm scum with them I don't see them making endgame so I wouldn't bother with getting them deep but would try to use their votes to strongarm a mislynch..

Maybe we're dealing with an almost full newbscum team or maybe they just didn't think it through, but that's why at the time I felt the distancing scenario wasn't that likely. And then his latest pop-in happened and now I'm scumreading Corrobin anyways so...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Alette said:

I want to talk about FJP for a bit. While he is hounding down on me, I think it is a tiny bit town. I don't think he should get sorted out now because he seems like to type to resolve himself. I wish he was around more to talk about others.

Wdym he's likely to resolve himself?

Day 2.3 Votals
fairyjigglypuff (3): Bartozio, Athena_57, Mackc2
Corrobin (3): weinerboy, Vi-astra, Flee Feet!, 
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Snike
Alette (1): fairyjigglypuff
Mackc2 (1): Killthestory

Not Voting: Everyone else

With 15 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 10 to hammer. Day 2 ends in ~7.75 hours.

I need a sub for Killthestory, and then one for Tuvy 2. Please contact me if you want the spot!

Edited by SB.

10 hours ago, Snike said:

OK, so a couple of things:

1) Has anyone actually read those links? Like the second post IG connects to the first bc he's criticizing you there for the blanket but that whole interaction's based on misreading marth's comment reacting to TUVY.  It does look lazy for athena there, even if the posts make some sense. But I think it's more a lazy town sorting than scummy sorting bc the counterevidence coming up's strong. If anything I think KTS's being shady there bc it's manufacturing Marth's consent to the argument.

Could you explain what you mean with this?

1 minute ago, Athena_57 said:

Could you explain what you mean with this?

Well if you read the context Marth was talking about tuvy and not shinori in that section so without noting that it makes it look like Marth is on board with pushing shinori when he might not be.

I work in like 5 minutes. Marth hasn't responded 0/10 bad customer service would not eat here again.

##Unvote

##Vote: Corrobin

I prefer this over FJP today.

6 minutes ago, Snike said:

Well if you read the context Marth was talking about tuvy and not shinori in that section so without noting that it makes it look like Marth is on board with pushing shinori when he might not be.

I, eh, don't really see that at all there. I think it's KTS just quoting Refa and Marth just happens to be in there, idt KTS chose that intentionally.

4 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Quoting this again because I didn't really answer this properly:

I just don't think a scum would be mentioning things like a chainsaw slip really. Unless that's a method for them to jump on a townie and get them lynched. Like I said before though, I could totally  be wrong.

Also, he later stated that he misread my post and thought I was defending Alette (which I wasn't), and hence gave up the chainsaw slip idea. If he is scum, then he probably realized (or his fellow scums notified him) that trying to get me lynched wouldn't work since the reason for doing so was based on a misunderstanding.

I believe you believe he wouldn't mention it, but I don't agree. Townies are looking for scum doing scummy shit to catch them, meanwhile scum is looking for townies doing scummy shit to get them mislynched.

Readslist, ordered within tiers.

Townreads:
Via - Catchup pretty much locked this in for me.
KTS - Feel like the solving is there when it matters
Fleet - Fits how I feel newbtown would act
Bart - Talked about this
Marth - Should maybe be higher but he hasn't posted today so I'm awaiting the arrival of our lord before I put him higher again. 

Not really townleans but a step above the two nulls so I guess I'll put them here.:
Mackc - Felt good about him D1. Some stuff today has been kinda eh, but I don't hate it as much as a bunch of you apparently do.
Weiner - Like I said, I like most logic, agree a lot but idk if I love the places he ends up at.

Nullish:
Alette - Weiner summed up my thoughts pretty much. Some things feel bad, some things feel lynchbaity. Kinda scummy, but not really scum if FJP is and I think he's worse between the two. If he flips scum, she goes above Mackc, if he flips town she goes below Shinori.
Tuvy2 - What if Tuvy2 lost motivation to hop in to drop a vote because his scumbuddy Tuvy died? Lynching this is pretty much a gamble so I'd rather await a sub.

Scumleans:
RAD - Did he actually not post today yet. Read from D1 stands.
Snike - Snike is fine. Yolo gets worse every time I reread him.
Shinori - Even if being inactive (hope you get better Shinori) explains his lack of will to scumhunt / lack of scumreads, I don't like the bits I've seen. Today he's mostly been responding to people sussing him and not too much else. Want to see where he takes his Marth/Snike reads in particular.

Scumreads
Corrobin - Might as well get it over with tbh. His conversation with me was like, so bad, and I don't think he ever doesn't get lynched at some point in the game.
FJP - Alette/FJP needs to be resolved at some point, chances of it holding scum are very high. My original case + bart's wall pretty much sums up why FJP is worse.

I like both the wagons we have rn, as well as the people on them currently, with a slight preference for FJP and the wagon on him. Optimistic!me says the game is almost PoE'd down at this point. Let's go.

Side note: I won't be here at EoD, I'll probably go to sleep 2 hours before.

OMFG I read the last 6 pages and I couldn't get anything.

I kinda want to lynch Corrobin over FJP for  lurking but I'll agree that FJP coming in with the Alette tunnel isn't doing him any favours, I think its kinda convenient that he avoided saying anything about Tuvy last phase though.

Shinori I felt iffy about D1 especially the EoD Tuvy defence not because he defended scum but he did not push a viable counterwagon . Like he wanted to push Corrobin but he still found that to be a shitty vote so he never really pushed a wagon so the defence looks like its in bad faith. That said I liked his reasoning for why he found KtS town a few pages ago.

Mackc2 feels town to me on tone and frustration, but also the Tuvy wagon just felt pure to me, like I can't see how most of those votes come from scum? A lot of people are just talking about timing of the wagon but honestly that slip was a very good reason to vote Tuvy? Like the people voting on-wagoners aren't giving a good justification for their votes otherwise imo.

I also felt good tonal reads on all people on the wagon; like Bartozio's frustration and retaliation at the KTS vote, KTS having a good rebuttal after being cased EoD1, Alette being scapegoated on tone but she's not being cagey or panicking about votes, Flee Fleet!'s vote timing doesn't come from newb!scum, Athena is my hardest townread.

Snike's vote on me sucks, just think about your case for a minute here. You're saying that I bussed KTS and then bussed Tuvy. So in your head, scum goes from opportunistically bussing one of their buddies to opportunistically bussing their other buddy. Snike pls.

##Vote: Corrobin

Sorry for the late catchup.

1 hour ago, Athena_57 said:

I believe you believe he wouldn't mention it, but I don't agree. Townies are looking for scum doing scummy shit to catch them, meanwhile scum is looking for townies doing scummy shit to get them mislynched.

I guess that's understandable. But in the end, the overall tone from FJP (including when he mentioned the chainsaw) just doesn't ring scum for me? But I'll think about my stance on him later I guess and reread his Alette tunnel.

3 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Yeah, I can get that, I just felt it was kind of weird you left it at this generalization and didn't really go into the specific people (the dead town, the guy who caught tuvy's slip and bart). I think you missed my question, could you tell me where you stand on Bart?

On that note, could you talk about who your top scumreads are in general because I have no clue what your gamestance is atm.

I'll be honest that I think Bart because it felt right to end the candidates there.

Anyhow, read through most stuff now. Corrobin's interaction with Athena felt... weird. Kinda like he thought stating an opinion with a vote there would get him townread and he got annoyed when it didn't. Not sure why he even thought it would tbh, but that feels a lot more like self precevation then trying to solve the game (which is scummy).

The few comments he made about Shinori also feel pretty bad. He said he voted Shinori because he read fake trolling as real trolling, but like... everyone is trolling at early D1? I get he's not used to that, but how does only Shinori stand out as scum there?

And then he townreads Shinori (in part) because Nori makes a comment about how KTS has only been using wagon analyses to push him, but KTS never really used it as a reason to push him? (please correct me if I'm wrong here btw).

Don't really like Shinori's slot, mostly because even in the games I played with him where he was flaking (and town), the few posts he did make were still pretty good, as opposed to now.

With all that said, I'd still prefer to lynch Jiggly. Both because I scumread him more then the above two and because his lynch will help solve the game a lot for me (mostly with regards to Alette).

Finally, Athena stole both my reads and my bedtime, so here's clearly scum trying to make me look unoriginal to push an easy misslynch without even needing to push it himself!

Also @Flee Fleet! I feel like you're missunderstanding what a chainsaw is. Chainsaw defence means attacking a player who's attacking your buddy (or at least their arguments), so you can help them out without actually saying you think they're town.

Given that context, what downside is there in your opinion to scum pointing out what they see as a chainsaw defence?

On 9/23/2018 at 1:25 PM, Killthestory said:

self meta is quickly becoming the most frustrating defense in the world.

you guys wanna hear some universe brain self-meta

if I were scum and fell behind that much I would have subbed out :KnollRoll:

if corrobin flips town that means tuvy slipped and scum definitely have been using him as a scapegoat or even as a counterwagon and that opens up so much imo

Day 2.4 Votals
Corrobin (6): weinerboy, Vi-astra, Flee Feet!, Snike, Magnificence Incarnate, Mackc2
fairyjigglypuff (2): Bartozio, Athena_57
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Snike
Alette (1): fairyjigglypuff
Mackc2 (1): Killthestory

Not Voting: Everyone else

With 15 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 10 to hammer. Day 2 ends in ~45 minutes.

I need a sub for Killthestory, and then one for Tuvy 2. Please contact me if you want the spot!

3 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

That doesn't answer my question....

Who are you scumreading (like top 3~5) at this point and why?

First of all, I doubt there are 5 scum in this 17er. Highest scum read would be you with the little evidence I shared. Second one i'm not quite sure on. I'm not really seeing much from Rad too which is concerning. That's my thought

7 minutes ago, Alette said:

I'm not really liking how the Corrobin wagon grew. It seems slimy and i don't really get the reason for it.

this feels like a towny observation and I like it but where else would you lynch today if you had the option?