New Calendar!

Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For the Smoke banner, that's literally every 5* exclusive there could be on it. The main issue with that is that Peganino was on the Swift Sparrow banner last month and could be seen as too soon. The other three units are a legendary, a seasonal and Kaze.

Last year, on November 15th, we had the Farfetched Heroes Banner with Mia, Lute and Dorcas, and the banner was available between Nov 15th to Dec 4th. However, on December 2nd we had the Enduring Love Voting Gauntlet banner, which had Dorcas as one of the units. Dorcas wasn't added to the normal summoning pool and he was already in two banners. I don't see any problem about "Peganino" being in another banner so soon after the Swift Sparrow banner. Like I said before, Micaiah was in at least one banner per month since July, and this doesn't count Festival Micaiah.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Wonder what that November Voting Gauntlet will be about.

If this can make a father vs daughter, they can make one for the one with the most amazing mustache.

Where's Cervantes when we need him the most.

10 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Wonder what that November Voting Gauntlet will be about.

I say either Mothers and Sons Gauntlet, to match the previous one, or a Halloween Gauntlet.

No, now i'm pretty much sure it will be a Halloween Gauntlet, 4 from the current banner, 4 from the re-run banner.

11 minutes ago, Nym said:

If this can make a father vs daughter, they can make one for the one with the most amazing mustache.

Where's Cervantes when we need him the most.

I think we don't have enough candidates. Hardin, Bartre and Oliver is all we have, that's not even a full team. =(

My dream would be a FE 6 banner with Elphin and the GHB is Idunn, but I expect the new heroes banner to be either far fetched 2 or another OC banner with Hrid, Ylgr, regular Veronica and Bruno.  At least I can get merges for my baby boy Kana he deserves it for being really good on my dragon team.

Edited by EricaofRenais

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Last year, on November 15th, we had the Farfetched Heroes Banner with Mia, Lute and Dorcas, and the banner was available between Nov 15th to Dec 4th. However, on December 2nd we had the Enduring Love Voting Gauntlet banner, which had Dorcas as one of the units. Dorcas wasn't added to the normal summoning pool and he was already in two banners. I don't see any problem about "Peganino" being in another banner so soon after the Swift Sparrow banner. Like I said before, Micaiah was in at least one banner per month since July, and this doesn't count Festival Micaiah.

You're not wrong.

I do think it a surprisingly quick turnaround, but like I said the alternative is Kaze. So I think I agree with you there ultimately.

Edited by Dayni

Huh, I wasn't expecting another non-OC New Heroes banner before Book 3. It'll have a Paralogue, so it'll probably be Farfetched Heroes, but the beast issue hasn't been resolved yet.

Looking at the candidates (non-OCs not yet in Heroes), by rankings within gender (rather than overall), since that's how they seem to be counting it:

Male:

• Owain (#12)
  • Kliff (#15)
  • Keaton (#16)
  • Kaden (#19)
  • Tibarn (#23)
  • Haar (#27)

Female:

• Selkie (#12)
  • Aversa (#22)
  • Panne (#25)
  • Velouria (#32)
  • Charlotte (#40)
  • FE13 Anna (#41)

This is a mess. If they don't include any of the beasts, the top candidate for a second female character is Charlotte, who's all the way at #40, while also already having a seasonal version. That'd look really strange.

They could include reclassed Selkie using an existing weapon, but a lot of people would take that as a letdown. Especially with Book 3 on the horizon, whether it adds beasts or not. If it does, people who wanted beast Selkie feel cheated out of it just because she was a bit early. If it doesn't, people who wanted beasts feel like they're refusing a clear call for them.

I guess they could scrap gender balance and go with a lineup of Owain/Kliff/Haar/Aversa? That could be pretty well received by people frustrated by gender skew so far. But IS's apparent priorities so far suggest that's unlikely.

Im going to be honest, I dont see Farfetched Heroes 2 happening this year. Between one of the top units, and keep in mind the top 20 this year is much more limited than last year, is a beast unit which I dont see us just getting dropped in a random banner, it only leaves 3, and Forging Bonds is right there. So I honestly dont see Farfetched happening myself.

As for beast units, I honestly think that will happen with Book 3, like Legendary Heroes started with Book 2. It would be an important enough introduction to warrant covering it in a FEH channel, and introducing it in a big version update like 3.0. And as for when that will happen, all of our version updates this year have lined up almost exactly with last year. This latest version update for example happening on the 9th, same time as last year. This update last year was also the final update before 2.0 on the 28th of November, so I dont expect much to change there.

As to what these two banners could be, Im not going to guess on the Nov 9th banner, too far out to really tell. But if I had to guess on the next Oct Banner, either Genealogy or Thracia. Considering GC starts a day or two before it and the datamined map for it was the Thracian Peninsula. So its either Genealogy or Thracia, probably Thracia. Meaning whatever the next GHB is, will probably be Thracia as well. (Meaning Jugdral as a whole will have the strongest hold on the GHB front, with 5 total GHBs from Jugdral. 4 from this year alone.)

Pretty sure the first new heroes isn’t Fafetched 2 because there’s a GHB and I can’t think of an antagonist who made it high enough to be part of it. Aversa could fit the bill but after seeing the route IS chose with Ishtar and Flora, my inner cynicism says she’ll be bound to be tacked on a banner. Now the second new heroes banner looks quite plausible to be that, and I’m pretty sure we’ll hear more about it in a FEH channel or something. It’s even possible that it might contain the beast units should November be the month 3.0 is out. 

Back to the first banner, I think it’ll be either FE6 (possible candidates being Rutger, Thea, Milady/Lugh, and Sue with a Murdock/Brunya GHB) or Tellius (possible candidates being Haar, Jill, Ilyana, and Zihark with an Ashnard GHB). 

It looks like we hit the calm before the storm, and it’s only a matter of time before we get a massive info dump for this otherwise quiet month.

I hadn't even considered Charlotte or Anna for Farfetched, since they're in the game already in some form. Hmm. I suppose Louise actually wouldn't be a part of it then. Bummer.

I also hadn't even considered the Forging Bonds. That coupled with the GHB does make it seem like Farfetched might actually not be the next New Heroes banner. Dang.

6 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Pretty sure the first new heroes isn’t Fafetched 2 because there’s a GHB and I can’t think of an antagonist who made it high enough to be part of it. Aversa could fit the bill but after seeing the route IS chose with Ishtar and Flora, my inner cynicism says she’ll be bound to be tacked on a banner. Now the second new heroes banner looks quite plausible to be that, and I’m pretty sure we’ll hear more about it in a FEH channel or something. It’s even possible that it might contain the beast units should November be the month 3.0 is out. 

Back to the first banner, I think it’ll be either FE6 (possible candidates being Rutger, Thea, Milady/Lugh, and Sue with a Murdock/Brunya GHB) or Tellius (possible candidates being Haar, Jill, Ilyana, and Zihark with an Ashnard GHB). 

It looks like we hit the calm before the storm, and it’s only a matter of time before we get a massive info dump for this otherwise quiet month.

GHB doesn't have to mean antagonist. Haar and Charlotte have just as much justification for being GHBs as Jamke, and more than m!Kana.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

GHB doesn't have to mean antagonist. Haar and Charlotte have just as much justification for being GHBs as Jamke, and more than m!Kana.

You’re right that GHBs aren’t always the antagonist, but I still don’t think the first banner has anything to do with Farfetched Heroes. It feels too early for that, and just throwing in the middle of the month with no hype or fanfare would be really odd. 

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

You’re right that GHBs aren’t always the antagonist, but I still don’t think the first banner has anything to do with Farfetched Heroes. It feels too early for that, and just throwing in the middle of the month with no hype or fanfare would be really odd. 

The previous Farfetched Heroes was "just thrown into the middle of the month" and didn't get fanfare until the FEH Channel right before its release, which also gave the first look at Book 2.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The previous Farfetched Heroes was "just thrown into the middle of the month" and didn't get fanfare until the FEH Channel right before its release, which also gave the first look at Book 2.

That's right! The Feh Channel happened on November 14th, and the banner was made available on November 15th.

I doubt we get another Farfetched banner, but again. If its going to happen, its likely the November banner. Reason being is sometime in November we will be getting a FEH Channel to bring in Version 3.0. Considering dates have been on the exact time as last year, I dont think we will see a FEH Channel until the same time as last year with 3.0 on the 28th, but they could move it up some and we get a FEH Channel early November with a 3.0 launch around the 20th instead.

Edited by Tolvir

Uhm, after hearing everyone's opinion, I'm starting to think the Farfetched Heroes might indeed not be the next banner, but the one after.

So for the actual next banner... I guess it would make the most sense for it to be Binding Blade, Path of Radiance or Thracia, the games who received less attention.

And yet, a part of me still wishes for another Fates banner, and I should propably feel ashamed. But it's not my fault. It's IS' fault for not realeasing Charlotte.

PLS IS, IT'S BEEN 3000 YEARS! How long must I wait for my favorite Berserker? I guess if they don't count Loki and beasts, she can be a Farfetched Heroine. That gives me a little hope.

23 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I doubt we get another Farfetched banner, but again. If its going to happen, its likely the November banner. Reason being is sometime in November we will be getting a FEH Channel to bring in Version 3.0. Considering dates have been on the exact time as last year, I dont think we will see a FEH Channel until the same time as last year with 3.0 on the 28th, but they could move it up some and we get a FEH Channel early November with a 3.0 launch around the 20th instead.

There's sometimes a ~10 day shift, but sometimes more.

Last year, CYL was on August 31 and Halloween was on October 30. This year, CYL was on August 21, but Halloween was on October 10.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to get a 3.0 launch on November 9, and that would fit the way version updates have consistently been around that time each month this year.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's sometimes a ~10 day shift, but sometimes more.

Last year, CYL was on August 31 and Halloween was on October 30. This year, CYL was on August 21, but Halloween was on October 10.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to get a 3.0 launch on November 9, and that would fit the way version updates have consistently been around that time each month this year.

Yeah its not impossible at all. But all version updates so far have seemingly been on a schedule. This latest update on the 9th being on the same exact time as last year's update before 2.0, there was another lining up exactly in June, etc. There are more updates this year than last year though, so there are a few that dont line up. And again, its definitely not impossible they move 3.0 up. Especially since last year's rather dry wait between the last update and 2.0 was probably a common complaint they might try to address.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah its not impossible at all. But all version updates so far have seemingly been on a schedule. This latest update on the 9th being on the same exact time as last year's update before 3.0, there was another lining up exactly in June, etc. There are more updates this year than last year though, so there are a few that dont line up. And again, its definitely not impossible they move 3.0 up. Especially since last year's rather dry wait between the last update and 2.0 was probably a common complaint they might try to address.

They're not deliberately trying to match them up, it's just how it's worked out. In general, version updates have been on like the 7th-10th of each month. Last year, November and December were exceptions because they skilled the two regular ones to launch 2.0 between them, in accordance with the legendary banner timing. But I don't think they'll see a need to go off-schedule like that this time.

Also, over time, version updates have gotten more consistent. We always get a new Squad Assault, one or more new weapons, and one or more new refines for existing weapons. When Book 2 wrapped up a month ago, I predicted that instead of merging two months for the big update like last time, we'd continue getting that stuff on the regular schedule with 2.10 but have it be pretty barebones with not much else, other big things being saved for 3.0. And we got exactly that expected barebones 2.10.

I don't see any reason to think there's much chance of Book 3 starting anytime other than November 9.

I guess Rinkah has another bad chance. Charlotte is slightly more popular. And Rinkah will have her spot in the next Hoshidian Banner I think (Even if she is not directly from Hoshido).
I just let myself be surprised on the next banner. The 3 Characters I truly wish for are still Rinkah, Tatiana and Zeke.

@GrandeRampel You should not be ashamed. I feel the same way about Rinkah. Other people are annoyed by the frequency of fate units. But I also feel a bit screwed over, because my most favorite Hoshidian Units are not in the game. But I think Tellius characters should have a banner soon. It feels like Insys is ignoring them more than Jugdral characters. At least for now. 

Edited by Stroud