December 2018 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Weren't you complaining about legendary Hrid not doing enough to deserve being a legendary and here you are asking for Caeda who pales in comparison to Hrid who managed to infiltrate Muspell by himself and escape from Surtr and his army? 

Caeda recruited like quarter of Marth’s party which is infinitely more than what Hríd and Ryoma did combined.

Then again, it’s not like the “legendaries” need any reason or have ever needed any reason.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the legendaries it's just more how they are remembered throughout history. 
It's tougher when you have Fjorm/Gunnthra/Hrid in there because we're still going through their story. (barely)  so like.. if for example. Hrid/Gunnthra wasn't active for Fjorm  but more of "the Marth" (as how if you never played a Marth game and you picked up Awakening, you'd go. oh. Hrid's a big deal." and Gunnthra was the Eirika. having them both as Legendary (because you hear a lot about them from Fjorm) - would maybe be a lot more palletable for some people who are like "WHY?!"

Ryoma is the one who committed seppuku to ensure that his siblings was able to achieve peace between two kingdoms - and ultimately save their own. 

Marth is the king of legend (according to Chrom anyway). and Tiki is the voice of a divine dragon (which is why considering Caeda and Marth as re so linked - just like Marth + Tiki are - it wouldn't surprise me if she in fact did become a legendary. (which would make me happy, because I LOVE Caeda (thanks Warriors), and hopefully this Caeda can iit...)

Eirika and Ephiriam... did stuff. (sorry i don't know their game). 

So like. if for example, Reyson becomes a legendary (or Leeanne) it would probably be because  they are the last of the heron tribe and they did a lot of stuff after PoR (haven't started RD yet pls don't spoil me). I know Micaiah is the Lord of RD, so she obviously did stuff. 

and as someone pointed out. it doesn't have to be good. (see grima)  so it would actually have benefited the game to have alternated. like. 
L!Ike. why not have Ashnard as a legendary as a foil. 
maybe instead of a GHB, Gharnef vs. L!Marth (and TIki). 

that would have been a nice play i think. 

This news about new blessing types furthers my suspicions that we'll see two legendary heroes this December, one of each. I also suspect that they might release multiples of these new ones to catch up to the other elements.

Thinking about seasonals, I'm suspecting the following:

• Summer Camilla: December
  • Summer Tiki: December
  • Summer Takumi: December or January, shares slot with Linde
  • Summer Linde: December or January, shares slot with Takumi
  • Dancing Elincia: January
  • Dancing Ryoma: January
  • Dancing Micaiah: February
  • Dancing Xander: February
  • Halloween Niles: February
  • Halloween Kagero: March
  • Halloween Myrrh: March
  • Halloween Mia: March

These assumptions are based on weapon/movement type diversity, which to me seems to be something they consider when putting these banners together (ie: Halloween Niles and Legendary Lucina on the same banner seems like something they'd avoid).

edit: an abundance of dagger units makes me now think that Linde will appear before Takumi, and I've changed my prediction on the first page

Edited by Johann

hmmm. if the Dancers are coming in January, i have to set aside even a few more orbs to ensure i try to get Elincia/Ryoma/Xander. Thank Naga i already have Micaiah. (who is relatively perfect natured all things considering). 

and Mia better come home in March that's all i have to say. 

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

hmmm. if the Dancers are coming in January, i have to set aside even a few more orbs to ensure i try to get Elincia/Ryoma/Xander. Thank Naga i already have Micaiah. (who is relatively perfect natured all things considering). 

and Mia better come home in March that's all i have to say. 

Just save those February anniversary orbs for then. They gave out a lot this year.

...Also I want those dancers, too. And multiple Dancing Xanders for Close Counter/his effective dagger for Summer Freddy/Saizo (might as well get the weapon with CC).

...but I also need to save orbs for Mia..

18 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Weren't you complaining about legendary Hrid not doing enough to deserve being a legendary and here you are asking for Caeda who pales in comparison to Hrid who managed to infiltrate Muspell by himself and escape from Surtr and his army? 

If we are no longer sticking to lords, how about L! Tauroneo? 

I'd say Caeda is pretty legendary in her own right. She's always one of Marth's earliest companions and fights in two big wars from start to finish. She even gets to recruit a good chunk of Marth's army for him. 

While Hrid didn't really do anything. He failed to kill Surtr off screen and afterwards just left things in the hand of team Askr.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

46 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just save those February anniversary orbs for then. They gave out a lot this year.

...Also I want those dancers, too. And multiple Dancing Xanders for Close Counter/his effective dagger for Summer Freddy/Saizo (might as well get the weapon with CC).

...but I also need to save orbs for Mia..

ohoo. thanks. that's an idea. 
that is true. considering you know. they keep skipping Takumi. (and you only really need one Xander.). 
I hope on this legendary i can get whom i want quickly. my hope is that this time next year i am just swimming in orbs. haha (a girl can dream, right?)

39 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd say Caeda is pretty legendary in her own right. She's always one of Marth's earliest companions and fights in two big wars from start to finish. She even gets to recruit a good chunk of Marth's army for him. 

While Hrid didn't really do anything. He failed to kill Surtr off screen and afterwards just left things in the hand of team Askr.

Yeah... Caeda deserves the Legendary title, however I don't want to see another Shadow Dragon legendary hero...

The two  legendary heroes I have complaints are Robin and Ryoma, because Robin deserves to be a Legendary Hero but not Grima, and Ryoma... why he is a legendary hero?

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... Caeda deserves the Legendary title, however I don't want to see another Shadow Dragon legendary hero...

The two  legendary heroes I have complaints are Robin and Ryoma, because Robin deserves to be a Legendary Hero but not Grima, and Ryoma... why he is a legendary hero?

Well, Ryoma is the leader of Hoshido in what's probably the defining moment in Hoshidan history. He either leads his kingdom into a golden age or dies a tragic death while defending his kingdom to the last. That sounds pretty legendary. 

Grima is legendary in the negative sense. Destroying the world is the stuff of legends after all. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well, Ryoma is the leader of Hoshido in what's probably the defining moment in Hoshidan history. He either leads his kingdom into a golden age or dies a tragic death while defending his kingdom to the last. That sounds pretty legendary. 

Grima is legendary in the negative sense. Destroying the world is the stuff of legends after all.

"Leads his kingdom into a golden age" isn't that special, since most  kings/queens in FE do it... For Fates, Corrin and Azura are the best candidates for Legendary Hero...

Grima... kinda makes sense... Sadly this means we will not have a Grandmaster Robin Legenday Hero.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Is there a single FE lord who can actually infiltrate Muspel by him/herself attack Surtr and then escape? The closest would be Ephraim but even he had a small entourage and when he tried soloing himself, he got owned. 

Also, the fact that Caeda can die and Marth's story continues without any hassle kind of implies she's really not all that important. Compare that to Sothe, whose death causes a game over because the plot can no longer continue without his support or even Tauroneo. 

38 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Is there a single FE lord who can actually infiltrate Muspel by him/herself attack Surtr and then escape? The closest would be Ephraim but even he had a small entourage and when he tried soloing himself, he got owned. 

Also, the fact that Caeda can die and Marth's story continues without any hassle kind of implies she's really not all that important. Compare that to Sothe, whose death causes a game over because the plot can no longer continue without his support or even Tauroneo. 

The reason I don't really consider that a legendary feat is because it doesn't amount to anything. Its a failed attack and Hrid doesn't really gain any useful info from his venture into Muspel castle either. Its just there to make clear that the guy hasn't been twiddling his thumbs all that time. That its an impressive feat helps hype him up to some degree but its impact on the story is minimal. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Yes, literally any of them. It's pretty standard hero fare.

Keep in mind that I'm assuming they don't do what they did with last year's Performing Arts and spread the dancers across multiple banners, which is a possibility. We likely wouldn't know if they do that until January though.

I'll chip in and say that I suspect IS will never release two legendary heroes in one go. No need to "catch up" on the numbers. As long as at least one for each new element is released before its first bonus period everything still works fine. Also get to force whales to spend heavy on two separate months instead of just doubling down on the same banner, bonus! 

The idea of a Light!OC this month and then Dark!Micaiah next month seems the most likely all things considered. Technically could be Dark!OC this month and then Light!Elincia next month but Micaiah is well... frankly more important and I'd say is a lot more likely than the other way around. I also suspect that we'll be getting a Light!OC due to the vague hints we've seen about the upcoming story in terms of new opponents, I suspect they will all be very obviously Dark aligned. 

I think I understand why they doubled up on legendary heroes for this month, and why January is doubling up on Ike and Eirika. With the addition of Hrid, we have five red legendary heroes (who are all swords, but that's neither here nor there right now). Rotating red legendary heroes one at a time means that it'll take almost a year for any one red hero to get another rotation, and this is assuming that Hrid is the last red legendary hero -- we could always get one more red hero.

Having two red heroes on the banner at a time every other month (which is what they seem to be doing for November, December, and January at least) will let us move through the red legendary heroes at a faster pace.

EDIT: Also, I'd really, really prefer for Leif to get a legendary hero before Micaiah. Because not only was Micaiah added first into the game, but she also got a seasonal dancer with no overlapping colors and both of her forms have the niche of hitting both cavalry and armor for effectiveness with magic.

Leif took the longest to get into the game, is an infantry red sword, and shared his debut banner with a Reinhardt alt. And staff Leif makes just as much sense as staff Micaiah.

Edited by Sunwoo

Leif and Micaiah are both able to canonically use staves, and Leif's mother even uses a staff (and in Heroes is a staff user). Staff Leif makes as much sense as staff Micaiah in terms of legendary heroes.

18 hours ago, Johann said:
  • Dancing Micaiah: February
  • Dancing Xander: February
  • Halloween Niles: February

So, that would make it likely that Grima returns with Xander. I'll take that.

But it would be nice, if Niles could wait for Lucina on march. She likes that Link skill.

Edited by Azuris

Considering that:

Spoiler

We may have been leaked the possibility of light and dark being added, and Book III starting the same month, said legendary hero is likely to be an OC, much like Fjorm was in Book II

Edited by Midnox